Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 10:33 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 10:24 PM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 10:19 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 09:59 PM
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 09:58 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,151
Posts341,438
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 40 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 39 40
Re: MD Girls 2028
loyo29 #380716 05/22/22 12:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to M&D, was really impressed by them

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

loyo29 #380721 05/22/22 02:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to M&D on the 28 championship!

Like Reply Quote
loyo29 #380735 05/22/22 07:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a good, hard fought game today. And it was heartwarming to see many of the Coppermine girls hang back to congratulate M&D and to take pictures with friends from both teams. There’s a lot of respect and camaraderie between these two teams, despite what you may read here.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380744 05/22/22 08:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very good game as expected. M&D was running away with it, however Coppermine came back and made it a very close game.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380778 05/22/22 10:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Very good game as expected. M&D was running away with it, however Coppermine came back and made it a very close game.

Yes, great game. Coppermine never ran out of energy or fight; they just ran out of clock.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
loyo29 #380802 05/23/22 07:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to M&D on winning a hard fought win and the Championship. Congrats to Coppermine as well, they never gave up and just came up short at the end. 2 great teams and provided for a great game.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380923 05/23/22 12:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a good, hard fought game today. And it was heartwarming to see many of the Coppermine girls hang back to congratulate M&D and to take pictures with friends from both teams. There’s a lot of respect and camaraderie between these two teams, despite what you may read here.

Agreed. What is said here isn’t always the truth. Four great teams came out of a great league and M&D won. All the girls should be proud of what they accomplished this season.

Like Reply Quote
loyo29 #381100 05/24/22 07:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI...Initial schedule is posted for Lax for the Cure:

https://steps.teamsportsinfo.com/lf...w_divs_menu=true&show_brackets=true#

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381102 05/24/22 08:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. What is said here isn’t always the truth. Four great teams came out of a great league and M&D won. All the girls should be proud of what they accomplished this season.
Now the Summer tourney season followed by tryouts. Will be interesting to see which teams lose/gain quality players. Will some "B" level teams gain enough talent to make the jump to "A" and will some "A" teams drop down to "B".

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381161 05/24/22 11:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now the Summer tourney season followed by tryouts. Will be interesting to see which teams lose/gain quality players. Will some "B" level teams gain enough talent to make the jump to "A" and will some "A" teams drop down to "B".

I think this summer and next summer will both be summers of movement. I think you will find top players on B/A- level teams looking for a more complete team with players of similar skill level to help push their development. Players leaving may not be the big question, it is Which A teams will be smart enough to snag them and not let politics with current players on the bottom half of their roster.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #381163 05/24/22 11:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't see a ton of equal playing time in NGLL (not advocating that there should be, just making an observation). So, do you think there will be movement from people who didn't play a lot looking for a new home, or just the B team players trying to move up?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381176 05/24/22 11:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't see a ton of equal playing time in NGLL (not advocating that there should be, just making an observation). So, do you think there will be movement from people who didn't play a lot looking for a new home, or just the B team players trying to move up?
There are a number of reasons players will move. We spend a lot of money to join these clubs. What if: 1: they don't see much playing time 2: aren't developing under current coaches 3: is an "A" type player playing in the B league 4: chose current team due to geographic location and will now travel further to play on a competitive team . I'm sure there are many other reasons.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381194 05/24/22 12:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are a number of reasons players will move. We spend a lot of money to join these clubs. What if: 1: they don't see much playing time 2: aren't developing under current coaches 3: is an "A" type player playing in the B league 4: chose current team due to geographic location and will now travel further to play on a competitive team . I'm sure there are many other reasons.

We plan to have our DD try out for several of the top teams this mainly due to Reasons 2 and 3. I'd add for # 2, it's not only just coaches per say but overall development within the club etc but they go hand in hand. 2 and 3 I think are the top reasons why you will see a lot of movement to the top teams.

I'd be curious to see about # 1. Do players on the "A" teams of the top teams who aren't playing much stay with the club and move to their B teams or do they go to other A clubs that aren't as competitive etc? CClax will be in A next year with their win and I could see a few of the current A teams dropping back down to the B division, i.e. Limelight, Stars and maybe even Skywalkers.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381219 05/24/22 01:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We plan to have our DD try out for several of the top teams this mainly due to Reasons 2 and 3. I'd add for # 2, it's not only just coaches per say but overall development within the club etc but they go hand in hand. 2 and 3 I think are the top reasons why you will see a lot of movement to the top teams.

I'd be curious to see about # 1. Do players on the "A" teams of the top teams who aren't playing much stay with the club and move to their B teams or do they go to other A clubs that aren't as competitive etc? CClax will be in A next year with their win and I could see a few of the current A teams dropping back down to the B division, i.e. Limelight, Stars and maybe even Skywalkers.

Its rare for a team to move backwards in divisions. remember typically there are 10-12 A teams in 6th grade, 14-16 in 7th grade and 18-20 in 8th grade.

For girls on A+ teams, you will see some girls tryout for A teams where they can play more or play in a preferred position. You will see stars on A teams try out for A+ teams and B players tryout for A and A+ teams.

Also, remember some girls will want to switch team for reasons beyond lacrosse. Lots of cliques on 6th and 7th grade and this can break teams up.

Biggest X factor around this age is how many girls drop travel lax all together due to committments to other sports (typically soccer).

Remember though that between the top 4 teams, there are usually only around 15-20 spots which open up.

For reference last year at the 27 level for the top 3 programs)

M&D added 3 new girls (but cut 6 or 7 due to having an inflated roster due to having a Red team collapse at last second)
Heros added 5 girls (including 1 from White team and 1 from out of state)
BLC added 3 new girls.

Like Reply Quote
loyo29 #381223 05/24/22 01:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will be really interested to see how M&D does this weekend. Will all the improvement in the spring, have they closed the gap on Eagle Stix?

Assuming they can beat Aces, they will probably get 2 shots at them.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 40 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 39 40
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard