BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 79 of 117 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 116 117
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How about jealous. Is that a better word? Pick one of them because it describes you. Guarantee if your child was selected you wouldn’t be on here complaining. That is a guarantee.
No jealousy, no envy. Can't be either when I don't have a daughter that has ever tried out. It's annoying that people think that the UA means the player is the "best". It doesn't. When girls are making teams that weren't even on a call back? How are they the "best". When girls aren't on the watchlist, but make the Senior team, how are they the "best"? I wish everyone would realize that it's become a joke and hold no weight to whether a player is good or not.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about jealous. Is that a better word? Pick one of them because it describes you. Guarantee if your child was selected you wouldn’t be on here complaining. That is a guarantee.
No jealousy, no envy. Can't be either when I don't have a daughter that has ever tried out. It's annoying that people think that the UA means the player is the "best". It doesn't. When girls are making teams that weren't even on a call back? How are they the "best". When girls aren't on the watchlist, but make the Senior team, how are they the "best"? I wish everyone would realize that it's become a joke and hold no weight to whether a player is good or not.

No system is perfect and someone would complain no matter what. What amazes me is that parents think that they can be objective regarding their own kids but no way that judges can.😁. I have coached for a different sport before and these all star teams are really tough. Lots of good girls and only a few looks at each during tryouts.let’s face it attackers are motivated to be selfish at these tryouts, there are so many midfielders that you are lucky to get a few runs in, and defense is darn near impossible to look good when they don’t play together regularly. Other option is to take them on their resume which would have people accusing of favorites again.
These events aren’t the end all, lots of d1 girls have never done or been selected for these events like ua

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wait til you see how many Gerstell kids make the team!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of team is correct. 3 of them would not be impact players on the command. DK thinking that getting Gerstell kids on the team will help him recruit to a B team ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mercy has 2 players that would see the field for A team, SS going to Towson and JC who is a sophomore. Rest of the players are solid but not playing at elite level

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couple question marks on the highlight roster as each coach got a couple of the own girls. Overall it’s a very strong roster as top 15 will match any other region.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 Gerstell girls is a joke especially when they only had 14 on the varsity roster and had 1 win all season. Only 1 2026 because of NGLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like we believe you don’t have a daughter that tried out. Yes you did! If not, why do you care? Let me guess…because you have a daughter that tried out and got cut! That’s why you are complaining. No other reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a joke. Gerstell, Roland Park and JC. We played all of them and between those three schools only one player had talent, and she was the senior on Gerstell.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SS? You’re kidding right? Can’t go left, cannot hit the broadside of a barn, constantly shoots, and questionable lacrosse IQ. She shows up against low level teams and disappears when she plays against talent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think 2 girls made command roster from the training table.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mercy has 2 players that would see the field for A team, SS going to Towson and JC who is a sophomore. Rest of the players are solid but not playing at elite level

SS sits on the bench on the top 6 A teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Command looks about right but a few of the girls were slow. Maybe made it on prior reputation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 Gerstell girls is a joke especially when they only had 14 on the varsity roster and had 1 win all season. Only 1 2026 because of NGLL.

Please CSE, do the right thing and get non bias coaches. Get coaches that are from other areas of the country and will do a true evaluation. Baltimore lost last year because of bias and a lot of Redshirt selections. Now we have Gerstell selections. Looks like a pattern CSE. Wait for the losses to start mounting. CSE you know the issue now fix it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would agree question marks on the Highlight team selection. Were tryout numbers low again this year? It seems like a lot of the better players are not on the list. Maybe they did not tryout?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
she made the team. have to get the younger one on the team now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would agree question marks on the Highlight team selection. Were tryout numbers low again this year? It seems like a lot of the better players are not on the list. Maybe they did not tryout?
No numbers weren’t low about normal for Highlight which is always been lower then Command historically. Some girls stop trying once they don’t make Command twice. %80 of the roster are the top players in the region. I really can’t think of a single player that’s not on the roster that would be a automatic make. As long as they don’t over play the token players should make a strong run at the chip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a joke. Gerstell, Roland Park and JC. We played all of them and between those three schools only one player had talent, and she was the senior on Gerstell.

Roland Park has all of that talent and they still couldn’t t pull it together this year.
Just go to show that you pick a school for academics and not sports.
I know a bunch of girls playing who choose to go to an unarmed school and none made varsity junior year. So they were like ships passing in the night with siblings going to other privates, commuting all over the beltway, driving past other great privates to not make the team and said private.
But it’s all worth it in the end, I hope?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Makes sense about the overall numbers.I can think of a few other girls that would have been stronger additions. Seems very mid heavy which is usually the case. Problem in years past that some of those mid were not strong on the defensive side of the ball. LI and Conny exposed that over and over. Wish these girls the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roland Park has all of that talent and they still couldn’t t pull it together this year.
Just go to show that you pick a school for academics and not sports.
I know a bunch of girls playing who choose to go to an unarmed school and none made varsity junior year. So they were like ships passing in the night with siblings going to other privates, commuting all over the beltway, driving past other great privates to not make the team and said private.
But it’s all worth it in the end, I hope?

What lacrosse talent are you talking about. They have one and she is going to Vanderbilt. They need to join MDS, Gerstell, and JC and go down the the B conference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did some of the talent go with American Select instead this summer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SS? You’re kidding right? Can’t go left, cannot hit the broadside of a barn, constantly shoots, and questionable lacrosse IQ. She shows up against low level teams and disappears when she plays against talent

Respectfully disagree, she had 20 ish D1 offers so can’t be as you described. Is she a showboat? Yes but that is the mercy culture

The sophomore attacker is best player on team by a lot and will go to a top 10 program in a few years. Nice kid too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did some of the talent go with American Select instead this summer?

Some solid players were at the 25 tryout. Haven't seen the final rosters yet (looks like an A and B team were made for AS) so can't say for sure how good the talent ends up being (that said, I don't see any overlapping names on the UA Roster from the AS tryout - though I'm sure there could be a couple).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Respectfully disagree, she had 20 ish D1 offers so can’t be as you described. Is she a showboat? Yes but that is the mercy culture

The sophomore attacker is best player on team by a lot and will go to a top 10 program in a few years. Nice kid too.

Sorry but they have nobody going to a top 10 team. Hope your not talking about the short blonde.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know you heard she had those offers but I can assure you that she did not. She took the first offer and that was TU. Look, we played against her club team many times. She is what I described. No left and rarely shoots with her left. Always runs to her right, shoots across the goalies face, and hopes it goes in. Easy to defend. As a matter of fact we didn’t really defend her because she was a non factor. She is good at the B level. But would have been on A conference teams bench as a senior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry but they have nobody going to a top 10 team. Hope your not talking about the short blonde.

Nope, tall attacker.

Setting records for mercy and is an amazing player

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She did not get 20ish D1 offers, you are fooling yourself and are beyond ridiculous to think people would even think that it's true. Come on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the 2025s, UA seemed to have a little less girls as more stayed with AS because of having two teams this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I now know that you don’t have a clue about A conference talent or lacrosse in general. Your amazing and mine are polar opposite. Amazing player for Mercy is not at the same level as the A conference level top tier teams. Two different kinds of amazing. I watched the finals the other night and I know who you are talking about, and she is definitely a bench player on the top A teams. She did a lot of standing around and waited for someone to pass her the ball so that she could shoot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t know this girl at all and refuse to talk about individual kids on this as it is inappropriate but to whoever said she had 20 d1 offers, you are ridiculous. I have seen some exaggerations in my life, including what I tell to my wife but this is up there. If she got 20+ offers that’s
-1 for every view of her highlight reel
-8 more actual offers than girls we know that signed with Maryland and North Carolina got serious looks
- 16 more offers than Charlotte north got(not sure but I read this about a year ago
- 13 more offers than Peyton manning received from colleges
- a horrible reputation if she really got 20 offers as that means she/her parents dangled a carrot in front of 20 teams simultaneously and therefore had to reject 19 schools

I can keep going if you like but please don’t think that looks on sports recruits counts as an offer otherwise most of our kids here are at 40-50

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the 2025s, UA seemed to have a little less girls as more stayed with AS because of having two teams this year.
Until Corrigan starts making some legitimate changes to how UA evaluates, he's going to lose players to AS. I believe he saw the difference in last years tryouts as well considering the push he made to knock down AS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Until Corrigan starts making some legitimate changes to how UA evaluates, he's going to lose players to AS. I believe he saw the difference in last years tryouts as well considering the push he made to knock down AS.[/quote]

Very true. When a girl on both teams did not physically tryout and they both end up on a team. It is a joke and takes away from the girls that put in the work and had great tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS had the same thing in the 25’s. Girl was away and some how made the team…..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's hilarious people act like the tryout process for AS is any different than UA. Let's be honest here. More people try out for AS because their tryouts are first and parents want their kid to make an all star team. The fact that there is one, and sometimes two, teams per grade increases those odds as opposed to only 2 teams for 4 grades at UA. The price to play for AS is absolutely ridiculous considering UA is free. If UA tryouts were before AS tryouts you really think all those kids wouldn't go to UA first? Of course they would. It has nothing to do with people being upset about how UA runs their tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Possibly less girls but the midfield looks to be stacked with M&Ds best middies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Girls at 24 were moved after teams announced. Pretty suspect. Evaluators are no better at AS. How come the 23 girls go to UA and AS can’t make a 23 team ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Girls at 24 were moved after teams announced. Pretty suspect. Evaluators are no better at AS. How come the 23 girls go to UA and AS can’t make a 23 team ?

Because all of the good girls are already committed at this time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Curious who this is considering rosters haven't come out yet...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The numbers for both teams were lower this year from all accounts. Some notable players not on the teams. Is there really any value being on one of these teams? Honest question.

Like Reply Quote
Page 79 of 117 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 116 117
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard