BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 59 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 58 59
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Bethesda get in over VLC and True Annapolis?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Believe it or not, there are a few 11 year old 5th graders playing at the Elite 2028 level. Eventually, they will need to move down. Instead of admiring these kids, everyone on this chat will go crazy with accusations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How did Bethesda get in over VLC and True Annapolis?

Because at the elite level they take the top three and the worst team. Makes it more exciting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What ever happened to the old Koopers "Club League"??

I just happened to see that MYLA started a "Club Division" that has Baltimore teams like (LTLC, FCA, Koopers, HOCO, True) in it. I wasn't aware of this. Do you think more teams like Team 91, CRABS, etc. will play in it going forward?

I think at certain ages kids like getting two games in per weekend, however I know it can be a lot on families / coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What ever happened to the old Koopers "Club League"??

I just happened to see that MYLA started a "Club Division" that has Baltimore teams like (LTLC, FCA, Koopers, HOCO, True) in it. I wasn't aware of this. Do you think more teams like Team 91, CRABS, etc. will play in it going forward?

I think at certain ages kids like getting two games in per weekend, however I know it can be a lot on families / coaches.

That looks like a AAAAA division to me. Probably won’t see most elite teams joining in that one.

Can’t beat ‘em, make your own league…they have been trying to get this started for years

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah, the 13 yr old "elite" 2029 players have better things to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah, the 13 yr old "elite" 2029 players have better things to do.

There's at least one 14 year old @ 2028 and multiple 16 year olds @ 2026, so this is hardly a unique problem, and while I find the situation pretty offensive, it's not even worth whining about anymore. If US Lax came out of the blue - today - and put in age-based lax, the first effective year would probably be for the 2033s.

So while you are not wrong to complain, probably time to move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great wins this weekend by MADLAX (ELITE), FCA (AAA), and PREDS (AA). Congrats to all, now lets get ready for summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to ML 29, who managed the mild upset of the Hawks for the first time in a few games (4?). Great rivalry.

Taking nothing from ML but Hawks had some injuries, just could never get the offense going. The heat didn’t help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank god ML didn't play in the heat!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would expect ML’s defense had something to do with it. If you have played against that D, you will understand. Apparently they were lights out yesterday as they tend to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seen a lot of lacrosse in my day. Expect this ML/HAWKS 2029 rivalry is one of the top rivalries of this class nationally. The matchups never disappoint.

2021 Summer NAL - ML
2021 Hershey (OT) - Hawks
2021 Fall NAL - Hawks
2022 HoCo (Regular) - Hawks
2022 HoCo (Championship) - ML

Each team packed with a bunch of studs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha! That’s funny. As if ML was playing in the ice cold tundra on the parts of the field they were playing on. LOL. Hats off to all the teams that played this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While the hawks were missing a key component, it should be noted that ML, simply wanted it more and executed. Two great teams, which we should be excited about watching for the next few years.

Congrats to ML.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever said the heat didn't help the Hawks?? the AC wasn't on for Madlax. stunad. Putting up 8 on the best goalie by far in the division is pretty impressive while holding this top Hawks team to only 4 goals. Defenders were relentless and the team played with intensity. They are both hard to beat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever said the heat didn't help the Hawks?? the AC wasn't on for Madlax. stunad. Putting up 8 on the best goalie by far in the division is pretty impressive while holding this top Hawks team to only 4 goals. Defenders were relentless and the team played with intensity. They are both hard to beat.

I think that dude was saying that with Injuries to the hawks that the heat didn’t help.

No one is downplaying that madlax had to stink it up. Stop puffing your bird chests.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are referring to the key component as the their faceoff guy, Madlax was over 70% against him last time. Keefer(#36) was tough! He played hard for the hawks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their D is viscous. Unique combination of power, smarts and speed with the ML close defenders. Hard to get around. And each of the ML D guys can clear the ball even if by themselves often times outrunning opposing middies.

From what I saw, ML also avoiding penalties/numerous man-down situations yesterday which isn’t always the case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has the 2 best faceoffs in the division. One single handily beat NL the first time they played. He is new to the team it seems.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These teams are great to watch. They may be something beyond elite. Great coaching staffs too. Definitely always a battle when they play each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Hawks had full roster, game would have been different. They will play again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks got doubled up. Move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two powerhouse 2029 teams part of powerhouse programs. Nice to have this primarily national rivalry right in our DMV backyard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has the 2 best faceoffs in the division. One single handily beat NL the first time they played. He is new to the team it seems.

In what division? The northern Virginia division? The hawks main guy went like 100% in the fall against madlax. Then madlax did a nice job of scrapping things up in the regular season,(it was great to see them battle back) and frankly Sunday hawks didn’t finish the faceoffs…which is on them. Give credit to madlax and their boys. But don’t say foolish things Because your their daddy.

Hawks main guy is a stud. Give him some credit while he heals, instead of talking trash from one halfway decent day against him.

Ps. Pretty sure Hawks were like 100% at the X against NL…what are you boasting about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to ML 29, who managed the mild upset of the Hawks for the first time in a few games (4?). Great rivalry.

Taking nothing from ML but Hawks had some injuries, just could never get the offense going. The heat didn’t help.

The standard NFL response applies here. This is the season. There are multiple teams missing players to COVID, injuries, etc. This is not a November one-off tournament (aka "all our studs were at football) and the clubs have about 8 months to prepare their rosters for HoCo. If you don't have adequate depth to beat their #1 with your #2, that's just how that goes. It's lacrosse season. Come in heavy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The standard NFL response applies here. This is the season. There are multiple teams missing players to COVID, injuries, etc. This is not a November one-off tournament (aka "all our studs were at football) and the clubs have about 8 months to prepare their rosters for HoCo. If you don't have adequate depth to beat their #1 with your #2, that's just how that goes. It's lacrosse season. Come in heavy.

Agree. And I’m not a ML parent. Is what it is. No excuses. Def relevant but doesn’t matter. The game still has to be played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had the chance to stop by and watch the MYLA 2029 Championships last night. Great game between LTLC and FCA, with FCA holding on for the 4-3 win. FCA will bump up next year to HOCO elite for sure.

To me It's incredible to see LTLC so strong and I wonder if that will continue with this "rec-club" level at all ages. Also reminded me that having so many teams dilutes the best talent in Balt Co. If you combined best talent from LTLC, FCA, Team 91, Koopers, and Predators you'd be dominant at every age group.

On to summer tournaments we go...........................

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had the chance to stop by and watch the MYLA 2029 Championships last night. Great game between LTLC and FCA, with FCA holding on for the 4-3 win. FCA will bump up next year to HOCO elite for sure.

To me It's incredible to see LTLC so strong and I wonder if that will continue with this "rec-club" level at all ages. Also reminded me that having so many teams dilutes the best talent in Balt Co. If you combined best talent from LTLC, FCA, Team 91, Koopers, and Predators you'd be dominant at every age group.

On to summer tournaments we go...........................

Good point for discussion. The great "rec club" rosters don't really dominate in multiple grad years. 2028 Blue Claws, 2028 KP, 2029 LTLC are all fantastic. And I think there will be continued occasional greatness for this model as more of them keep together into HS years....which is a new thing. Rec clubs used to all disband after 8th grade. No more (it seems). And let's not forget that the rec clubs cost half as much as Crabs, FCA, Predators etc. Very much a "your mileage may vary" but it's not a bad product 1 out of 3 years.

As for the "too many teams" argument, I dunno. That assumes a singular outcome: that every kid who could possibly make an elite roster, will be on an elite roster. And that everyone else should be playing A-ball or rec. In areas like central PA and southern VA this is the case but there's 1/10 the # of players.

It's not like each of these AA and AAA teams only have 3 kids who can throw and catch. And it's not like the starters of all of those teams need to - or should - be playing on a Towson all star elite team. But you have to admit that FCA, Team MD, and Predators (to name a few) put good 2029 products on the field this year. Elite? No, but solid in all 3 cases.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The LTLC FCA game was a good game. Also if you look at the score differential of some of LTLC' s hoco games some were closer than you think. 8-4 loss to Hawks, 9-10 to VLC, 8-9 next level. May not be at the elite level yet, however they don't fold to tougher teams. Only way you get better is the play tougher opponents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You lost to a better team, get over it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You lost to a better team, get over it.
😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach Rage went 0-2 relax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rage got doubled up 0-2

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rage got doubled up 0-2

Oh look, the 2025 grabs who won the 26 elite bracket have joined the convo.

Nice try no one thinks of him like that. He’s a great coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rage got doubled up 0-2

Oh look, the 2025 grabs who won the 26 elite bracket have joined the convo.

Nice try no one thinks of him like that. He’s a great coach.

Correct Occasionally at times doesnt give him that name as permanent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is “Coach Rage”? Hawks coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2029 madlax coaches and owner are way more full of rage from where I stand. Those dudes screen and complain about calls all day long. And Whoever that big defensive coach is, he treats those kids like garbage. I would drop his butt if he treated my kid that way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2029 madlax coaches and owner are way more full of rage from where I stand. Those dudes screen and complain about calls all day long. And Whoever that big defensive coach is, he treats those kids like garbage. I would drop his butt if he treated my kid that way.
Agreed. Why do ML parents put up with that behavior?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone is upset they didn't make MaxLax. Remember , some people are made for elite and D1 and others arent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone is upset they didn't make MaxLax. Remember , some people are made for elite and D1 and others arent.

Thanks coach. Your a hammerhead.

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 59 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 58 59
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard