Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Bearded_Kaos - 07/02/22 06:49 AM
Boys 2024-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 06:28 AM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 04:20 AM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 07/01/22 11:26 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/01/22 11:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,151
Posts341,305
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 125 of 147 1 2 123 124 125 126 127 146 147
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #380934 05/23/22 12:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the 8 teams in the NGLL tournament, who's gonna pull this out?

Aces
Madskilz
Eagle Stix
M&D

Aces and Madskilz on one half, Eagle and M&D on the other

I'm gonna call Eagle vs Madskilz final. Eagle winning it.

With that being said, I think it's a shame Eagle and M&D are on same side. As they are the 2 best teams.

I didn't mention the other 4 teams out of respect for the beatings they are going to take.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #380941 05/23/22 12:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you have the link to the NGLL tournament bracket with the regional winners? I can't seem to find it.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #380950 05/23/22 01:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do you have the link to the NGLL tournament bracket with the regional winners? I can't seem to find it.

I saw it on tourney machine

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #380952 05/23/22 01:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do you have the link to the NGLL tournament bracket with the regional winners? I can't seem to find it.
Tourney machine has the championship schedule - all the regional winners should be there.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #380969 05/23/22 01:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looking at the 8 teams in the NGLL tournament, who's gonna pull this out?

Aces
Madskilz
Eagle Stix
M&D

Aces and Madskilz on one half, Eagle and M&D on the other

I'm gonna call Eagle vs Madskilz final. Eagle winning it.

With that being said, I think it's a shame Eagle and M&D are on same side. As they are the 2 best teams.

I didn't mention the other 4 teams out of respect for the beatings they are going to take.

I am picking an M&D / Aces final.

[\quote]

Don't understand the love for Madskillz. They have one win against a top 15 team over the past 2 years... A 5-4 win over BLC this winter.

Yes, they are the most athletic team at this age group... and by a lot. But they turn the ball over waay too much and aren't disciplined on defense with too much ball watching. 80% of their goals are on fast breaks off the draw and transition goals off turnovers. This is why they blowout top teams and play closer games against more disciplined teams.

Game plan against them is pretty clear. Stop the fast break off the draw then slow the tempo to get them into a settled play game. Their set play offense is nowhere near the quality of the other top 4 teams, at a minimum

I really think Aces beats them by at least 5.

Final will come down to officiating. If the refs let them play, I think its a close game. If they call it tight, especially with the way Aces gets physical on cutters, I could see it turning into a 12-6 kinda game.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #381065 05/24/22 12:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Watching the game, it was clear that Heros is stronger and should have easily won the game, they out played M&D all but the last few minutes.

What was confusing was their sudden breakdown. One player decides to go to goal (and passes it to the goalie) vs maintain "a burn the clock strategy" that was working perfectly, and then there was an attack player shouting negative comments to her defensive teammates while they were under a lot of pressure. Something you would not expect from top ranked team.

The last 5 minutes of Both the BLC/M&D and Heros/M&D were the craziest breakdowns of teams I have seen in a long time.

M&D must have scored at least 14-15 goals with the same play over the weekend. But if no one can stop it, then why stop doing it???

Good luck to the girls this weekend....

"Should have won easily" ?

Yet M&D continues to win.

M&D has now beaten Hero’s 7 games in a row

Same Ol’ story for Heros against M&D. Don’t take care of the ball, out hustled on ground balls, selfish play on offense, poor midfield defense. A lot of talent on Heros but not playing to their potential. Fun game to watch.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #381069 05/24/22 05:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Watching the game, it was clear that Heros is stronger and should have easily won the game, they out played M&D all but the last few minutes.

What was confusing was their sudden breakdown. One player decides to go to goal (and passes it to the goalie) vs maintain "a burn the clock strategy" that was working perfectly, and then there was an attack player shouting negative comments to her defensive teammates while they were under a lot of pressure. Something you would not expect from top ranked team.

The last 5 minutes of Both the BLC/M&D and Heros/M&D were the craziest breakdowns of teams I have seen in a long time.

M&D must have scored at least 14-15 goals with the same play over the weekend. But if no one can stop it, then why stop doing it???

Good luck to the girls this weekend....

"Should have won easily" ?

Yet M&D continues to win.

M&D has now beaten Hero’s 7 games in a row

Same Ol’ story for Heros against M&D. Don’t take care of the ball, out hustled on ground balls, selfish play on offense, poor midfield defense. A lot of talent on Heros but not playing to their potential. Fun game to watch.

Hero's is just fine.

Good teams lose games. It's their first loss of the spring. People need to get used to close games and occasional losses as the girls get older. At this age these Maryland teams play 50 plus games a year.

Hero's will win their share of tournaments this year.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #381137 05/24/22 10:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard that MDU was bought by True this past week. Is this true? I think this will negatively impact MDU in a huge way....if true

Partnership, not buyout. True will handle areas that MDU lagged, website, social media, uniform/apparel.

MDU players will also get to play for True National in some summer tournaments.

Access to practice fields with Turf/Lights.

I think it’s a positive tbh, they provide infrastructure that was lacking on MDU.

I agree with all of the above. This is not the same as the M&D buyout with 3STEP.

True National isn't competitive at least on the girls side -- they don't get the best players, pretty much a cash grab.

For perspective, they lost to MadLax over the winter.

These would be bonus tournaments and add some MDU girls into the mix and they will be competitive. In no way is that a negative.


Agree its not a negative, but with the exception of their MLK weekend tourney, the rest of the national team events are on key summer tourney weekend.

To be fair, though, their recruiting age national team are decent. Not as good as top MD team, but not horrid. Probably around 50 in the country. Older daughter plays on M&D Red and true nationals beat them by 1 at mid-atlantic.

But that itself is the problem. True national at recruiting age plays the same top events as the big clubs. So really no value to the MDU girls.

I think 3D National United has a better model for their national team. Playing in holiday weekend or December events which don't conflict with the top teams tourneys.


Looks like True has a "partnership" with Maryland United "merged" with Coast United and they are now advertising tryouts for Montgomery County.

Last edited by JesLax1; 05/24/22 10:29 AM. Reason: Event Links and Info not allowed. Contact us to help promote your event.
Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #381337 05/25/22 09:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD United Coast was East Coast Lacrosse last year and now will be True Coast. This is great for those kids and great for MD United, less confusion now.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #381439 05/25/22 06:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's MD United called now, True United? I guess that is less confusing.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #381452 05/25/22 08:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What's MD United called now, True United? I guess that is less confusing.

MD United is still MD United. MD United Coast, which was formerly East Coast lacrosse is now True Coast lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #381463 05/25/22 09:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok....so now this nonsense league ends. Age doesn't matter.... Most of these teams won't play in tourneys where age is regulated. MD black wins because other teams have 3-4 kids that are good and the rest of their teams are average. Congrats on mediocrity!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #381486 05/26/22 07:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
ok....so now this nonsense league ends. Age doesn't matter.... Most of these teams won't play in tourneys where age is regulated. MD black wins because other teams have 3-4 kids that are good and the rest of their teams are average. Congrats on mediocrity!

Bitter much?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #381498 05/26/22 08:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
ok....so now this nonsense league ends. Age doesn't matter.... Most of these teams won't play in tourneys where age is regulated. MD black wins because other teams have 3-4 kids that are good and the rest of their teams are average. Congrats on mediocrity!

What?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #381506 05/26/22 09:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
ok....so now this nonsense league ends. Age doesn't matter.... Most of these teams won't play in tourneys where age is regulated. MD black wins because other teams have 3-4 kids that are good and the rest of their teams are average. Congrats on mediocrity!

What?

I was just thinking the same thing. Bit incoherent. I assume the vino was flowing for this individual. I guess having a daughter on a team that went 1-7 during NGLL must have made them bitter.

Like Reply Quote
Page 125 of 147 1 2 123 124 125 126 127 146 147
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4