BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 47 of 112 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Possession was the key of the game, Heros couldn’t resist going to goal instead of stalling and in the end it cost them. Both very good teams and it was elite lacrosse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D 9 Hero’s 8.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually, we played and play both and I always thought Hero’s was better. They move the ball quickly and unselfishly. M&D is more ISO’s. Different styles.

Well, I wouldn't want to make a living playing either one of them. Both are great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, we played and play both and I always thought Hero’s was better. They move the ball quickly and unselfishly. M&D is more ISO’s. Different styles.

Well, I wouldn't want to make a living playing either one of them. Both are great.
Hero’s was up 3 on M&D with a little over two minutes to go in the game and lost by 1 in regulation. Four unanswered goals by M&D in two minutes on what looked the same play.

There were a lot of close games in every division. I watched a lot of games and I must say I was impressed by M&D, Hero's and BLC.

The fact M&D came back from 3-4 goals down with just minutes left in both games was impressive. But I wonder why they were in that position both games?

And yes, the same play at the end of Hero's game. 3 times.

We look forward to battling both of those teams all summer. Maybe even squeeze out a win or two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like a repeat of what happened with MD and BLC. Same play brought them up from being behind BLC by 4. It is starting to seem like Heros, MD, and BLC could be on top on any given day. Good luck to MD next weekend. The girls had a fantastic season! We are lucky to be surrounded with such great competition!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what was the play M&D kept using?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isolation play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isolation play

same play that beat BLC with. 2 man game from X.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of the goals using the play were assisted. They were not one on one isolations

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They cleared out and #31 did a 1 on1 iso play

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And the coaches couldn’t figure out adjust and stop it ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching the game, it was clear that Heros is stronger and should have easily won the game, they out played M&D all but the last few minutes.

What was confusing was their sudden breakdown. One player decides to go to goal (and passes it to the goalie) vs maintain "a burn the clock strategy" that was working perfectly, and then there was an attack player shouting negative comments to her defensive teammates while they were under a lot of pressure. Something you would not expect from top ranked team.

The last 5 minutes of Both the BLC/M&D and Heros/M&D were the craziest breakdowns of teams I have seen in a long time.

M&D must have scored at least 14-15 goals with the same play over the weekend. But if no one can stop it, then why stop doing it???

Good luck to the girls this weekend....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the total fees for different clubs? What are you paying and what club do you play for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They don't have a #31. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching the game, it was clear that Heros is stronger and should have easily won the game, they out played M&D all but the last few minutes.

What was confusing was their sudden breakdown. One player decides to go to goal (and passes it to the goalie) vs maintain "a burn the clock strategy" that was working perfectly, and then there was an attack player shouting negative comments to her defensive teammates while they were under a lot of pressure. Something you would not expect from top ranked team.

The last 5 minutes of Both the BLC/M&D and Heros/M&D were the craziest breakdowns of teams I have seen in a long time.

M&D must have scored at least 14-15 goals with the same play over the weekend. But if no one can stop it, then why stop doing it???

"Should have won easily" ?

Yet M&D continues to win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the total fees for different clubs? What are you paying and what club do you play for?

Top clubs are in the range of 2500-3000 for fees

Plus travel and hotels and maybe a few field rental pitch-ins if needed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D has now beaten Hero’s 7 games in a row

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And there was no Iso play... 90% of the M&D goals were assisted,.... or maybe you were not there to see that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Usually close to $3k includes tourney fees, practices.

Winter indoor league, small group training or team strength/conditioning are extra. Sometimes there is an optional tourney or two which is a la carte.

Obviously travel and hotel are extra for PA,Jersey tourneys.

If you are looking for a cheaper club, Crush is the cheapest by far. But play in far fewer tourneys (never leave MD) are aren't competitive at the A leve.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And there was no Iso play... 90% of the M&D goals were assisted,.... or maybe you were not there to see that.

Why are people fixated on how somebody won? Whether isolation, assists, back door cuts.

Does it really matter? It's all about getting it done.

I can tell you Hero's, Bethesda and M&D scored in a variety of ways. Hero's and M&D are both top 3 teams in the country. Bethesda is probably top 5.

Do you think they care how they get the W?

Do you think down 1 or 2 with a few minutes to play, I want to see a team pass 20 times? No. I just want the goal.

That's a difference between top teams and lower tier teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the 8 teams in the NGLL tournament, who's gonna pull this out?

Aces
Madskilz
Eagle Stix
M&D

Aces and Madskilz on one half, Eagle and M&D on the other

I'm gonna call Eagle vs Madskilz final. Eagle winning it.

With that being said, I think it's a shame Eagle and M&D are on same side. As they are the 2 best teams.

I didn't mention the other 4 teams out of respect for the beatings they are going to take.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you have the link to the NGLL tournament bracket with the regional winners? I can't seem to find it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you have the link to the NGLL tournament bracket with the regional winners? I can't seem to find it.

I saw it on tourney machine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tourney machine has the championship schedule - all the regional winners should be there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the 8 teams in the NGLL tournament, who's gonna pull this out?

Aces
Madskilz
Eagle Stix
M&D

Aces and Madskilz on one half, Eagle and M&D on the other

I'm gonna call Eagle vs Madskilz final. Eagle winning it.

With that being said, I think it's a shame Eagle and M&D are on same side. As they are the 2 best teams.

I didn't mention the other 4 teams out of respect for the beatings they are going to take.

I am picking an M&D / Aces final.

[\quote]

Don't understand the love for Madskillz. They have one win against a top 15 team over the past 2 years... A 5-4 win over BLC this winter.

Yes, they are the most athletic team at this age group... and by a lot. But they turn the ball over waay too much and aren't disciplined on defense with too much ball watching. 80% of their goals are on fast breaks off the draw and transition goals off turnovers. This is why they blowout top teams and play closer games against more disciplined teams.

Game plan against them is pretty clear. Stop the fast break off the draw then slow the tempo to get them into a settled play game. Their set play offense is nowhere near the quality of the other top 4 teams, at a minimum

I really think Aces beats them by at least 5.

Final will come down to officiating. If the refs let them play, I think its a close game. If they call it tight, especially with the way Aces gets physical on cutters, I could see it turning into a 12-6 kinda game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same Ol’ story for Heros against M&D. Don’t take care of the ball, out hustled on ground balls, selfish play on offense, poor midfield defense. A lot of talent on Heros but not playing to their potential. Fun game to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same Ol’ story for Heros against M&D. Don’t take care of the ball, out hustled on ground balls, selfish play on offense, poor midfield defense. A lot of talent on Heros but not playing to their potential. Fun game to watch.

Hero's is just fine.

Good teams lose games. It's their first loss of the spring. People need to get used to close games and occasional losses as the girls get older. At this age these Maryland teams play 50 plus games a year.

Hero's will win their share of tournaments this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that MDU was bought by True this past week. Is this true? I think this will negatively impact MDU in a huge way....if true

Partnership, not buyout. True will handle areas that MDU lagged, website, social media, uniform/apparel.

MDU players will also get to play for True National in some summer tournaments.

Access to practice fields with Turf/Lights.

I think it’s a positive tbh, they provide infrastructure that was lacking on MDU.

I agree with all of the above. This is not the same as the M&D buyout with 3STEP.

True National isn't competitive at least on the girls side -- they don't get the best players, pretty much a cash grab.

For perspective, they lost to MadLax over the winter.

These would be bonus tournaments and add some MDU girls into the mix and they will be competitive. In no way is that a negative.

Agree its not a negative, but with the exception of their MLK weekend tourney, the rest of the national team events are on key summer tourney weekend.

To be fair, though, their recruiting age national team are decent. Not as good as top MD team, but not horrid. Probably around 50 in the country. Older daughter plays on M&D Red and true nationals beat them by 1 at mid-atlantic.

But that itself is the problem. True national at recruiting age plays the same top events as the big clubs. So really no value to the MDU girls.

I think 3D National United has a better model for their national team. Playing in holiday weekend or December events which don't conflict with the top teams tourneys.

Looks like True has a "partnership" with Maryland United "merged" with Coast United and they are now advertising tryouts for Montgomery County.

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: Event Links and Info not allowed. Contact us to help promote your event.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD United Coast was East Coast Lacrosse last year and now will be True Coast. This is great for those kids and great for MD United, less confusion now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's MD United called now, True United? I guess that is less confusing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's MD United called now, True United? I guess that is less confusing.

MD United is still MD United. MD United Coast, which was formerly East Coast lacrosse is now True Coast lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok....so now this nonsense league ends. Age doesn't matter.... Most of these teams won't play in tourneys where age is regulated. MD black wins because other teams have 3-4 kids that are good and the rest of their teams are average. Congrats on mediocrity!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok....so now this nonsense league ends. Age doesn't matter.... Most of these teams won't play in tourneys where age is regulated. MD black wins because other teams have 3-4 kids that are good and the rest of their teams are average. Congrats on mediocrity!

Bitter much?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What?

I was just thinking the same thing. Bit incoherent. I assume the vino was flowing for this individual. I guess having a daughter on a team that went 1-7 during NGLL must have made them bitter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have multiple kids on NGLL teams in different age groups, the 2027 is some of the best players/teams of any group. I guess only time will tell but lots of talent at this age group, you can see it last weekend, just a battle with high end lacrosse play. Lots of passing, not one girl shows.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This seems to be coming from someone that hates the NGLL and wants more out of state competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This seems to be coming from someone that hates the NGLL and wants more out of state competition.

Which is fine

But this area has the highest concentration of girls talent in the nation.

NGLL at least gives you 4-5 teams in every A Division at the highest level.

Not sure what more you could ask for before tournament season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Club Lax rankings:

To me they get it right for the most part, least top-10. I notice they give lots of credit for blow outs.
Example, Integrity 13-3 win over a winless Cavs team was worth 99.57 pts. Integrity beating Pride 6-5, only worth 97.16. Beating Stars 11-5 worth 96.73.
I expect some changes once MD teams play out of state opponents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Club Lax rankings:

To me they get it right for the most part, least top-10. I notice they give lots of credit for blow outs.
Example, Integrity 13-3 win over a winless Cavs team was worth 99.57 pts. Integrity beating Pride 6-5, only worth 97.16. Beating Stars 11-5 worth 96.73.
I expect some changes once MD teams play out of state opponents.

Agreed. But USCL doesn't use a sportsmanship factor like LaxNumbers, which tosses out any 10+ goal wins over a team with a ranking 10 points below.

The result some teams get punished for playing much lower rated opposition. Much bigger factor for some out of state teams.

Page 47 of 112 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard