BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 223 of 267 1 2 221 222 223 224 225 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All those kids are headed to Predators. The deal is complete.

It's a good thing that parents control where their kids play, not club owners. It's true that few players are actually added based on tryouts alone because most teams' decisions are already made before tryouts are held. If parents aren't already talking to potential teams for their sons, they may be too late in the process.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am hearing about a lot of movement this summer within the HOCO club scene and with some teams appearing to be folding these kids will be scrambling to find a place to play for theirHS years. I see FCA being rewarded the biggest in terms of talent movement with a few scattered around the area with 91, Crabs, Hawks and DCE. This is the last year for movement and there are going to be a lot of parents settling for teams they never imagined their sons to be playing on (Predators, Hardshells or a 2027 team 😬)

FCA or 91 should be knocking down Looney’s door to get their top players. Both of those teams could use their best players. Crabs are already loaded with talent.

Yes the 2025 Crabs should keep doing well in 2026

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am hearing about a lot of movement this summer within the HOCO club scene and with some teams appearing to be folding these kids will be scrambling to find a place to play for theirHS years. I see FCA being rewarded the biggest in terms of talent movement with a few scattered around the area with 91, Crabs, Hawks and DCE. This is the last year for movement and there are going to be a lot of parents settling for teams they never imagined their sons to be playing on (Predators, Hardshells or a 2027 team 😬)

FCA or 91 should be knocking down Looney’s door to get their top players. Both of those teams could use their best players. Crabs are already loaded with talent.

Yes the 2025 Crabs should keep doing well in 2026

How many times can you beat a dead horse? If your kid is going to a private school in this area guess what, hes probably playing against kids are held back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a good thing that parents control where their kids play, not club owners. It's true that few players are actually added based on tryouts alone because most teams' decisions are already made before tryouts are held. If parents aren't already talking to potential teams for their sons, they may be too late in the process.

My kid is not heading to predators. It does seem that they are putting some good coaches in place but there isn’t any proven history.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid is not heading to predators. It does seem that they are putting some good coaches in place but there isn’t any proven history.

As apposed to FCA or 91’s amazing recent history? 🤔

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As apposed to FCA or 91’s amazing recent history? 🤔

I think the guy means there is a foundation of good players. Obviously, both records aren’t very competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless - the 2025 Crabs do well this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will they play with the Florida players in the summer? Without them, they are just a pretty good team. In tournaments, they get tired and cant hang later in the day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the 2025;s will do well this summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All those kids are headed to Predators. The deal is complete.[/quote]

Well-- they are the new Sheriff in town.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well-- they are the new Sheriff in town.[/quote]

So Looney's is headed to Predators and now are Elite???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Feeling left out since the deal is complete and my son wasn’t asked to play for predators. He will soon be left looking for a new team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Feeling left out since the deal is complete and my son wasn’t asked to play for predators. He will soon be left looking for a new team.

The whole team leaving for predators isn’t true. Some are going but no where near all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol keep telling yourself that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this is in fact real, talk with some of the other parents at practice. Many have been discussing landing spots for their kid, including predators.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Koopers or Breakers would be interested. Check with them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD: Elite, AAAA, AAA, AA, A, B
LI: A, B, town
😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well-- they are the new Sheriff in town.[/quote]

Predators have stormed Baltimore like George Washington did against the Germans at Iwo Jima. They are the talk of Baltimore !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
😂

Wow a lot more talent in MD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
😂

Actually, LI B teams probably beat 90% of your AAAA teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
😂

It’s embarrassing really. Some parents are so hard up for status that they create this crazy division structure. Seriously AA is not good enough? You have to create AAA and AAAA to stroke the ego of parents. Don’t get me started with ELITE that is even more obnoxious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs commercial… “Locally grown but nationally known” lol I guess they’re locally grown until they need FL players to be able to compete lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
😂

It’s embarrassing really. Some parents are so hard up for status that they create this crazy division structure. Seriously AA is not good enough? You have to create AAA and AAAA to stroke the ego of parents. Don’t get me started with ELITE that is even more obnoxious.

The "ego of the parents?!" You have some nerve. Where is your evidence? It's not like we spent nearly 600 pages of an online forum on one age group puffing our chests ... oh, right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
😂

Oh darn because we were just about to get you started on your opinions on the ELITE division. Because we all care. A lot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs commercial… “Locally grown but nationally known” lol I guess they’re locally grown until they need FL players to be able to compete lol

How are those PA Boys doing? 😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
😂

I think Ua has more to do with the number of clubs playing in HOCO than status. IMO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did the roughriders coach do to get kicked out and suspended?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there’s 2 buddy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
😂

Tell me you have no idea how leagues are run, without telling me you have no idea how leagues are run.

Supply side: HoCo has a bounty of turf fields they want to lease out for youth lax from March 1 to May 30 every year. They want to get the maximum number of games played (fields rented) over the shortest amount of time. That is their (spring) business model. They do not want to operate a 5 month long, round robin league where there's an A and B league with 20 teams in each, and only 1-2 championship teams per age bracket. That's not good marketing for their league. They want to fill all the fields for a short season, cash the check, declare 3-6 champion teams for each age group, and move on to summer leases.

Demand side: This is what you are truly missing. In recruitment, club directors and coaches are making very specific pitches to parents and players about the trajectory of the team over 1-2-3 years. Much as most clubs have zero loyalty to the kids year-to-year (and in any year, that loyalty ends when a check doesn't clear), the parents have zero loyalty to the clubs. SO when HoCo League comes to the club and says "we're putting 3 of your teams in B league and 3 in A league," the club director - who is running a business/brand - says - the heck you are...."Our club will lose customers if you put us in a B league."

It's not like A-league parents are calling the league and complaining about having a B league. This is a business.

As for the AAA parents you're complaining about (I'm one), I guess I don't see the problem. My kid would be a fine 3rd string player on an elite team, or a standout stud on an A level team (which he has been). Instead he's a "starter" and "contributor" on an AAA team and it's a good experience for him. If your kid is having a similar experience from rec ball to Club-A to Club-AAA a "national team" then good for him, he is lucky to find a good fit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did the roughriders coach do to get kicked out and suspended?
Who cares. Their season is over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there’s 2 buddy

There’s two too buddy so focus on you’re own!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
😂

Tell me you have no idea how leagues are run, without telling me you have no idea how leagues are run.

Supply side: HoCo has a bounty of turf fields they want to lease out for youth lax from March 1 to May 30 every year. They want to get the maximum number of games played (fields rented) over the shortest amount of time. That is their (spring) business model. They do not want to operate a 5 month long, round robin league where there's an A and B league with 20 teams in each, and only 1-2 championship teams per age bracket. That's not good marketing for their league. They want to fill all the fields for a short season, cash the check, declare 3-6 champion teams for each age group, and move on to summer leases.

Demand side: This is what you are truly missing. In recruitment, club directors and coaches are making very specific pitches to parents and players about the trajectory of the team over 1-2-3 years. Much as most clubs have zero loyalty to the kids year-to-year (and in any year, that loyalty ends when a check doesn't clear), the parents have zero loyalty to the clubs. SO when HoCo League comes to the club and says "we're putting 3 of your teams in B league and 3 in A league," the club director - who is running a business/brand - says - the heck you are...."Our club will lose customers if you put us in a B league."

It's not like A-league parents are calling the league and complaining about having a B league. This is a business.

As for the AAA parents you're complaining about (I'm one), I guess I don't see the problem. My kid would be a fine 3rd string player on an elite team, or a standout stud on an A level team (which he has been). Instead he's a "starter" and "contributor" on an AAA team and it's a good experience for him. If your kid is having a similar experience from rec ball to Club-A to Club-AAA a "national team" then good for him, he is lucky to find a good fit.
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
😂

I’m the original poster. My point was that it seems silly to name the divisions this way. If there were that many teams in LI we would just call A B C D E. It just sounds silly to me the way MD does it with all those As. That was my only point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 3rd best team in HOCO Elite lol

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The end game of all of this is a joke, because there is none. In the end you're another lax bro with some tired old stories to tell at some bar in towson or fells point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really - toss up between VLC, True, and Hawks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by BrazeRohn
The end game of all of this is a joke, because there is none. In the end you're another lax bro with some tired old stories to tell at some bar in towson or fells point.

[ChillLaxin] ton of money and summering in the Hamptons…l

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there’s 2 buddy

There’s to two tutu too buddy so focus on *you are* own!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there’s 2 buddy

There’s to two tutu too buddy so focus on *you are* own!!

Makes sense you are focusing on grammar now that your team is OUT and you having nothing better to do. In fact Hawks was dominated in all facets of the game. Enjoy your summer. Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really - toss up between VLC, True, and Hawks