Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Bearded_Kaos - 07/03/22 03:31 PM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 03:07 PM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 03:01 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 02:44 PM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 02:35 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,151
Posts341,550
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 595 of 629 1 2 593 594 595 596 597 628 629
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #380580 05/21/22 12:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
there’s 2 buddy

There’s two too buddy so focus on you’re own!!

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #380593 05/21/22 02:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD: Elite, AAAA, AAA, AA, A, B
LI: A, B, town
😂

Wow a lot more talent in MD

It’s embarrassing really. Some parents are so hard up for status that they create this crazy division structure. Seriously AA is not good enough? You have to create AAA and AAAA to stroke the ego of parents. Don’t get me started with ELITE that is even more obnoxious.

Tell me you have no idea how leagues are run, without telling me you have no idea how leagues are run.

Supply side: HoCo has a bounty of turf fields they want to lease out for youth lax from March 1 to May 30 every year. They want to get the maximum number of games played (fields rented) over the shortest amount of time. That is their (spring) business model. They do not want to operate a 5 month long, round robin league where there's an A and B league with 20 teams in each, and only 1-2 championship teams per age bracket. That's not good marketing for their league. They want to fill all the fields for a short season, cash the check, declare 3-6 champion teams for each age group, and move on to summer leases.

Demand side: This is what you are truly missing. In recruitment, club directors and coaches are making very specific pitches to parents and players about the trajectory of the team over 1-2-3 years. Much as most clubs have zero loyalty to the kids year-to-year (and in any year, that loyalty ends when a check doesn't clear), the parents have zero loyalty to the clubs. SO when HoCo League comes to the club and says "we're putting 3 of your teams in B league and 3 in A league," the club director - who is running a business/brand - says - the heck you are...."Our club will lose customers if you put us in a B league."

It's not like A-league parents are calling the league and complaining about having a B league. This is a business.

As for the AAA parents you're complaining about (I'm one), I guess I don't see the problem. My kid would be a fine 3rd string player on an elite team, or a standout stud on an A level team (which he has been). Instead he's a "starter" and "contributor" on an AAA team and it's a good experience for him. If your kid is having a similar experience from rec ball to Club-A to Club-AAA a "national team" then good for him, he is lucky to find a good fit.
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380610 05/21/22 05:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD: Elite, AAAA, AAA, AA, A, B
LI: A, B, town
😂

Wow a lot more talent in MD

It’s embarrassing really. Some parents are so hard up for status that they create this crazy division structure. Seriously AA is not good enough? You have to create AAA and AAAA to stroke the ego of parents. Don’t get me started with ELITE that is even more obnoxious.

Tell me you have no idea how leagues are run, without telling me you have no idea how leagues are run.

Supply side: HoCo has a bounty of turf fields they want to lease out for youth lax from March 1 to May 30 every year. They want to get the maximum number of games played (fields rented) over the shortest amount of time. That is their (spring) business model. They do not want to operate a 5 month long, round robin league where there's an A and B league with 20 teams in each, and only 1-2 championship teams per age bracket. That's not good marketing for their league. They want to fill all the fields for a short season, cash the check, declare 3-6 champion teams for each age group, and move on to summer leases.

Demand side: This is what you are truly missing. In recruitment, club directors and coaches are making very specific pitches to parents and players about the trajectory of the team over 1-2-3 years. Much as most clubs have zero loyalty to the kids year-to-year (and in any year, that loyalty ends when a check doesn't clear), the parents have zero loyalty to the clubs. SO when HoCo League comes to the club and says "we're putting 3 of your teams in B league and 3 in A league," the club director - who is running a business/brand - says - the heck you are...."Our club will lose customers if you put us in a B league."

It's not like A-league parents are calling the league and complaining about having a B league. This is a business.

As for the AAA parents you're complaining about (I'm one), I guess I don't see the problem. My kid would be a fine 3rd string player on an elite team, or a standout stud on an A level team (which he has been). Instead he's a "starter" and "contributor" on an AAA team and it's a good experience for him. If your kid is having a similar experience from rec ball to Club-A to Club-AAA a "national team" then good for him, he is lucky to find a good fit.

I’m the original poster. My point was that it seems silly to name the divisions this way. If there were that many teams in LI we would just call A B C D E. It just sounds silly to me the way MD does it with all those As. That was my only point.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #380638 05/21/22 09:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 3rd best team in HOCO Elite lol

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380649 05/21/22 10:31 PM
B
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
B
The end game of all of this is a joke, because there is none. In the end you're another lax bro with some tired old stories to tell at some bar in towson or fells point.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #380655 05/21/22 10:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really - toss up between VLC, True, and Hawks

Like Reply Quote
BrazeRohn #380671 05/22/22 01:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by BrazeRohn
The end game of all of this is a joke, because there is none. In the end you're another lax bro with some tired old stories to tell at some bar in towson or fells point.

[ChillLaxin] ton of money and summering in the Hamptons…l

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380674 05/22/22 06:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there’s 2 buddy

There’s to two tutu too buddy so focus on *you are* own!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380684 05/22/22 08:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there’s 2 buddy

There’s to two tutu too buddy so focus on *you are* own!!

Makes sense you are focusing on grammar now that your team is OUT and you having nothing better to do. In fact Hawks was dominated in all facets of the game. Enjoy your summer. Lol

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380688 05/22/22 09:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really - toss up between VLC, True, and Hawks

VLC didn’t even make the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #380695 05/22/22 09:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's enough room in MD lacrosse for boys of all skills and that's great for the sport. Teams change every year and are not the same team that competed the prior year. Some boys work hard and get better, some coaches improve their lacrosse IQ and coach their teams to become better - some don't. If boys are having fun playing and competing in lacrosse at any level and making friends they'll be playing with/against for 4 more years, then that's a big reward for all their hard work. Enjoy the ride with your sons while you can.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #380698 05/22/22 10:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks vs DC Express - MVP DCE Goalie and the Hawks coaches and players would tell you the same thing! The kid made at least 20 saves and simply shutdown that Hawks Offense. And before the haters jump in the post; no I’m not the dad and no I’m not a parent on DCE. I simply stood and watched the game after my sons game ended. Amazing performance by DCE. They will give the Crabs some trouble today without question.

Like Reply Quote
BrazeRohn #380724 05/22/22 04:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by BrazeRohn

It's all fun at games until you run your next kid out of the sport like you did your first. So many lost parents trying to relive something at the expense of their kids sanity. Get that social media post while your kid spends his childhood in a car or a plane. Enjoy. Congrats to the 2026 class. Great group of athletes.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #380725 05/22/22 05:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Believe me. I wish there was another competitive league in MD OTHER than HoCo.

But the fields are good and the facilities are clean and generally well-run.

No one really cares what level their kids are in.

The consumers want competitive games on Saturday or Sunday. Period.

The way the league is run with small divisions, barriers to entry and alignment requirements/meetings generally accomplish that.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380728 05/22/22 05:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VLC Blackops beat the Hawks again (like last summer) in HOCO semi, congrats to the Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
Page 595 of 629 1 2 593 594 595 596 597 628 629
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard