Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Bearded_Kaos - 07/03/22 03:31 PM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 03:07 PM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 03:01 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 02:44 PM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 02:35 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,151
Posts341,550
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 54 of 59 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 58 59
Re: Team 91 MD
Anonymous #378419 05/10/22 10:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don't get me started on the 91 2028 team. Coach #1 and Coach#2 and Coach #3 kids don't come off the field the entire game. And all their kids are AA players at best. Which is fine but maybe not so good in Elite.

I am not a lacrosse prodigy, but its probably for the best that the goalie stay on the field the entire game.

Ha, I was going to say the same thing. They have one goalie, and his dad coaches him. I don't think his dad plays any other real coach role but I could be wrong. Nice enough guy (the dad) too. Purposefully not discussing the kid because he's a kid.

Easily the least problematic of the three dad coaches unless he's playing a greater role than he was several months ago.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #378447 05/10/22 11:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't get me started on the 91 2028 team. Coach #1 and Coach#2 and Coach #3 kids don't come off the field the entire game. And all their kids are AA players at best. Which is fine but maybe not so good in Elite.

I am not a lacrosse prodigy, but its probably for the best that the goalie stay on the field the entire game.

Ha, I was going to say the same thing. They have one goalie, and his dad coaches him. I don't think his dad plays any other real coach role but I could be wrong. Nice enough guy (the dad) too. Purposefully not discussing the kid because he's a kid.

Easily the least problematic of the three dad coaches unless he's playing a greater role than he was several months ago.
I know plenty of Dad coaches that understand their kids limitations and do not play them the entire game. Is the problem Dad coaches or is it dad's favoring their kids over better players.

With 30+ teams in the 2028 age group good luck finding non dad coaches that want to dedicate their time. For me I think the problem should be Know your team and play the kids that give you the best chance of winning.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379159 05/14/22 06:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know plenty of Dad coaches that understand their kids limitations and do not play them the entire game. Is the problem Dad coaches or is it dad's favoring their kids over better players.

With 30+ teams in the 2028 age group good luck finding non dad coaches that want to dedicate their time. For me I think the problem should be Know your team and play the kids that give you the best chance of winning.

Only get better playing. Coach to play . #1 2023 is a reflection of getting the ball on every play for last 7 years

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380640 05/21/22 09:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
problem with dad coaches is if they are objective and don't play their son, jr's mom cuts dad off

Like Reply Quote
TLaxOne #380665 05/21/22 11:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Problem is there is no 2028 club team without “dad coaches” or “drama” good luck everyone

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #380690 05/22/22 09:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Problem is there is no 2028 club team without “dad coaches” or “drama” good luck everyone
Predators do not have dad coaches at 2028 level. I’d expect a a big transition come July.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380699 05/22/22 10:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most intelligent comment on this entire thread.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381901 05/28/22 11:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yet

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381940 05/29/22 01:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators do not have dad coaches at 2028 level. I’d expect a a big transition come July.

Predators are on the rise to top. The talk among club coaches is how far will they go this year.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #383206 06/07/22 08:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predators are on the rise to top. The talk among club coaches is how far will they go this year.

Preds are pretty horrible. I don't think they on the rise. The 2028 91 ended up higher in HoCo that FCA white.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #383236 06/07/22 10:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Preds are pretty horrible. I don't think they on the rise. The 2028 91 ended up higher in HoCo that FCA white.
Maybe with 2 wins given to you for no badges. Preds just gave Kelly Post A Team a game with goalie back and starters playing way more than usual. Not sure why, but all their tournaments have been AAAA-Elite teams they have played. For a first year program I would say they are on the rise. Look for try-outs to replace 10-15 players.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #383246 06/07/22 10:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They also got smoked by FCA white and were given a win by a forfeit after losing to a terrible true dc team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #383251 06/07/22 11:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe with 2 wins given to you for no badges. Preds just gave Kelly Post A Team a game with goalie back and starters playing way more than usual. Not sure why, but all their tournaments have been AAAA-Elite teams they have played. For a first year program I would say they are on the rise. Look for try-outs to replace 10-15 players.

Wondering why you would be replacing 10-15 if the team is soo good. All these teams, True (insert purchased team here) and 91 are for all the kids and coaches that get booted for all the good teams. I looks like that coach with the blonde, boy band hair that coached 2028 for and got booted from Perry Hall, Blue Claws, and most recently Crabs is now coaching for True Baltimore.

Does any of this Matter NO because when these kids get to High School they will move to the "National" club teams for better exposure.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #383289 06/07/22 01:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They also got smoked by FCA white and were given a win by a forfeit after losing to a terrible true dc team.

FCA White beat Preds 4-1 and 4 weeks later, beat Team 91 7-3. There is about zero difference between 91 and Predators at 2028. Which is not to say that either team is good.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #383300 06/07/22 01:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Replace 10-15 players with who exactly? The AAA niche is weird, especially if the team isn't attached to an elite team where there's "always a chance of getting called up." And especially because St Pauls (practice fields all year) is at a weird location on the Balt Beltway (nobody commuting from Annapolis or Harf Co). And especially since Predators is supposedly a pricey club.

Likely Preds additions (could use this same structure for Team 91 tryouts):
1 Crabs
1 FCA Blue
1-2 KP Elite
2-3 FCA White
1-2 Team 91 (or Predators kids going TO 91 if you're using this as the T91 example)
3-5 A or AA kids who will play mop up time

Is that an improvement vs the current Predator roster? Maybe? Depends on who leaves!

Like Reply Quote
Page 54 of 59 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 58 59
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard