Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 09:56 AM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 09:55 AM
Girls 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 09:52 AM
Boys 2025-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 09:42 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,147
Posts340,935
Members2,462
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 123 of 145 1 2 121 122 123 124 125 144 145
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #380518 05/20/22 06:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard that MDU was bought by True this past week. Is this true? I think this will negatively impact MDU in a huge way....if true

Partnership, not buyout. True will handle areas that MDU lagged, website, social media, uniform/apparel.

MDU players will also get to play for True National in some summer tournaments.

Access to practice fields with Turf/Lights.

I think it’s a positive tbh, they provide infrastructure that was lacking on MDU.

I agree with all of the above. This is not the same as the M&D buyout with 3STEP.

True National isn't competitive at least on the girls side -- they don't get the best players, pretty much a cash grab.

For perspective, they lost to MadLax over the winter.

These would be bonus tournaments and add some MDU girls into the mix and they will be competitive. In no way is that a negative.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #380588 05/21/22 01:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that MDU was bought by True this past week. Is this true? I think this will negatively impact MDU in a huge way....if true

Partnership, not buyout. True will handle areas that MDU lagged, website, social media, uniform/apparel.

MDU players will also get to play for True National in some summer tournaments.

Access to practice fields with Turf/Lights.

I think it’s a positive tbh, they provide infrastructure that was lacking on MDU.

I agree with all of the above. This is not the same as the M&D buyout with 3STEP.

True National isn't competitive at least on the girls side -- they don't get the best players, pretty much a cash grab.

For perspective, they lost to MadLax over the winter.

These would be bonus tournaments and add some MDU girls into the mix and they will be competitive. In no way is that a negative.

Agree its not a negative, but with the exception of their MLK weekend tourney, the rest of the national team events are on key summer tourney weekend.

To be fair, though, their recruiting age national team are decent. Not as good as top MD team, but not horrid. Probably around 50 in the country. Older daughter plays on M&D Red and true nationals beat them by 1 at mid-atlantic.

But that itself is the problem. True national at recruiting age plays the same top events as the big clubs. So really no value to the MDU girls.

I think 3D National United has a better model for their national team. Playing in holiday weekend or December events which don't conflict with the top teams tourneys.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #380615 05/21/22 05:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D/Heros final tomorrow

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380642 05/21/22 09:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D/Heros final tomorrow

Should be good game. Hero's has been playing better. I'd give them the edge. Either way these 2 teams will have great tournament seasons.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380645 05/21/22 09:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t see that coming…

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #380663 05/21/22 11:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m going with Heroes tomorrow. M&D won the semi, but it was a toss up. Easily could have been BLC. Based on what I saw, BLC can beat M&D as many times as lose. BLC dominated most of game, M&D dominated last 10 mins. Will be an interesting tourney season.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #380704 05/22/22 10:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both games were really good. Top 3 three I think are incredibly well matched.

Really liked that fact that for the most part the ref lets the girls play. Very few ticky tack fouls.

So much better flow of play than 80% of the NGLL games this issue. Hope for both teams this is the case for the finals tomorrow.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #380714 05/22/22 12:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thought M&D was way better than HG when we played them

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #380743 05/22/22 08:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero’s was up 3 on M&D with a little over two minutes to go in the game and lost by 1 in regulation. Four unanswered goals by M&D in two minutes on what looked the same play.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #380747 05/22/22 08:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, we played and play both and I always thought Hero’s was better. They move the ball quickly and unselfishly. M&D is more ISO’s. Different styles.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #380752 05/22/22 08:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Possession was the key of the game, Heros couldn’t resist going to goal instead of stalling and in the end it cost them. Both very good teams and it was elite lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380755 05/22/22 08:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D 9 Hero’s 8.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380757 05/22/22 09:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, we played and play both and I always thought Hero’s was better. They move the ball quickly and unselfishly. M&D is more ISO’s. Different styles.

Well, I wouldn't want to make a living playing either one of them. Both are great.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380759 05/22/22 09:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, I wouldn't want to make a living playing either one of them. Both are great.
Hero’s was up 3 on M&D with a little over two minutes to go in the game and lost by 1 in regulation. Four unanswered goals by M&D in two minutes on what looked the same play.

There were a lot of close games in every division. I watched a lot of games and I must say I was impressed by M&D, Hero's and BLC.

The fact M&D came back from 3-4 goals down with just minutes left in both games was impressive. But I wonder why they were in that position both games?

And yes, the same play at the end of Hero's game. 3 times.

We look forward to battling both of those teams all summer. Maybe even squeeze out a win or two.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380765 05/22/22 09:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like a repeat of what happened with MD and BLC. Same play brought them up from being behind BLC by 4. It is starting to seem like Heros, MD, and BLC could be on top on any given day. Good luck to MD next weekend. The girls had a fantastic season! We are lucky to be surrounded with such great competition!

Like Reply Quote
Page 123 of 145 1 2 121 122 123 124 125 144 145
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard