Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2025-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 09:42 AM
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 09:40 AM
Girls 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 09:34 AM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Bearded_Kaos - 06/29/22 09:15 AM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 09:11 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,147
Posts340,935
Members2,462
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 107 of 133 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 132 133
Re: Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #380265 05/19/22 01:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm not a 91 parent, but you can't say that Venom is hiding when they are playing in the 3 most competitive national tourneys this summer - NAL, Naptown, and NLF - none of which are on LI. Many of the best teams nationally will be at these tourneys. What tourneys would you prefer them to play in?

Exactly, 7 tournaments listed - it’s a very strong line up. If they end up playing the Maryland teams or not it won’t be from a lack of trying. Plus from what I know about Naptown I believe they get national type teams down there as well.

Naptown youth is not typically strong, their recruiting brackets on the other hand are next level.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #380272 05/19/22 01:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not a 91 parent, but you can't say that Venom is hiding when they are playing in the 3 most competitive national tourneys this summer - NAL, Naptown, and NLF - none of which are on LI. Many of the best teams nationally will be at these tourneys. What tourneys would you prefer them to play in?

Those three tournaments are murders row for this age group. NAL will have the best of the northeast, Naptown will have all star teams from the west coast, texas, colorado and south. NLF will be a similar field to NAL but with a few added teams. Venom at last years NLF played 1 and 1/2 games against the Hawks and was probably the tightest and skilled matchup of the weekend. As a Maryland dad, tons of respect for those players, coaches and families. Looking forward to a great summer.

You see Maryland guy gets it!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380287 05/19/22 02:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly, 7 tournaments listed - it’s a very strong line up. If they end up playing the Maryland teams or not it won’t be from a lack of trying. Plus from what I know about Naptown I believe they get national type teams down there as well.

Naptown youth is not typically strong, their recruiting brackets on the other hand are next level.

Since you seem to have such a great understanding how things work, can you please share your teams summer schedule?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #380343 05/19/22 07:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can get a heck of a good look at a T-Bone steak by sticking your head up a bull's Meanybut wouldn’t you rather take the butcher's word for it?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380528 05/20/22 08:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid does not play for 91. My kid plays venom frequently (at least for how often they even play). The team is very good and light years away from the other teams. There is no arguing that. I don’t care how many coaches they have, how many parents on sidelines, how many parents played, the team is flat out very good and at the top right now. They are just playing at a totally different level than the rest of these guys. Does that change? Maybe some kids move, maybe some kids don’t let their dad navigate their time… who knows. But for now, it’s 91 Venom and everyone else

Agree, even with all the complaints out there about 91, you can’t deny those kids are really good and as a team are really good. Until teams on LI can beat them we all have to deal with it.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #380609 05/21/22 05:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid does not play for 91. My kid plays venom frequently (at least for how often they even play). The team is very good and light years away from the other teams. There is no arguing that. I don’t care how many coaches they have, how many parents on sidelines, how many parents played, the team is flat out very good and at the top right now. They are just playing at a totally different level than the rest of these guys. Does that change? Maybe some kids move, maybe some kids don’t let their dad navigate their time… who knows. But for now, it’s 91 Venom and everyone else

Agree, even with all the complaints out there about 91, you can’t deny those kids are really good and as a team are really good. Until teams on LI can beat them we all have to deal with it.

You venom parents aren’t fooling anyone with”I’m not a 91 parent “ or “my kid does not play for 91” or “you can’t deny those kids are really good “. Please don’t underestimate our intelligence. Nobody would say those things except a 91 parent. OBNOXIOUS

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #380659 05/21/22 11:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is 91 now #1 in USCL rankings lol.

They’ve only played and beaten mediocre to terrible LI teams.

What a joke.

Same goes for 2way BTW.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380662 05/21/22 11:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don’t know what you are talking about. Look on tourney machine. You’d be hard pressed to find a tougher field at 2028.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380672 05/22/22 05:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a joke.

Same goes for 2way BTW.

Calm down the spring season has just begun. They will play more teams and it will work itself out. And they will still probably be at the top and you will still probably be mad.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380675 05/22/22 06:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a joke.

Same goes for 2way BTW.

So all the LI teams are mediocre to terrible? What teams are good? Please educate us

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #380678 05/22/22 06:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a joke.

Same goes for 2way BTW.

USCL rankings are beyond useless especially this time of year. I would wait until mid June - Mid July to give it any credibility (if any at all)

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380683 05/22/22 08:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Historically you are right. But check out the teams participating in Naptown this year. For this age, this will be the toughest field they all face this season.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380689 05/22/22 09:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a joke.

Same goes for 2way BTW.

So all the LI teams are mediocre to terrible? What teams are good? Please educate us

It’s probably an angry Maryland dad, pay no mind to him.

Here are some thoughts, agree disagree whatever you want.

Both areas have plenty of talent however there are fantastic players and teams from coast to coast.

The tristate area is really just starting, teams in CT are barley practicing.

While Maryland has their HOCO league which is excellent LI and mainly the tri-state area tend to start their club season later in order for the boys to play town lacrosse. Now, town lacrosse has its faults and the competition for the most part isn’t great - The difference is especially on LI, is most kids attend public schools not private, so there is an emphasis on town.

Now as per the club teams, I think Maryland has a deeper pool of better teams and I don’t think anyone from LI can argue that.
However, this isn’t an attempt to start a holdback war but let’s call a spade a spade. My guess is on average most LI 2028 teams have somewhere around 5 players with birthdays in Q4 of 2009 with the rest being 2010’s (that’s what my son’s town and club team has) If you don’t think age is a factor right now in 6th grade your in denial. Especially after reading some post in the Maryland forum where you have a 2008 and several former 2027’s that are now 2028’s.

Now as we enter June the club season really gets going (and we can move past the HOCO league chatter) we will soon find out who’s legit and who isn’t.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380701 05/22/22 10:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How is 91 now #1 in USCL rankings lol.

What a joke.

Same goes for 2way BTW.

So all the LI teams are mediocre to terrible? What teams are good? Please educate us[/quote

LI Express is good. Legacy is decent.

That’s the list.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380713 05/22/22 12:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because the guy that does the rankings works for 91