BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 78 of 116 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 115 116
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You have nothing to worry about Jamie. Your daughter and some of her teammates will be well represented.
It’s not an all conference team. It’s a best player from each team with a limit of 3 players. A true all conference team would have been made up of
Best 11 field players and 1 goalie. the IAAM is a joke.

Funny SPSG had 4 last year. Guess that 3 player limit doesn't apply to them.

You can always try winning and seeing how many players you get

There's no 3 player limit. The only limit is the total number of players. Some schools only have 1. Some have more obviously.
Wrong. There is 3 player this year and every school had to have at least 1 player. All 14 schools are represented

Wrong. The only guidelines are that a coach can only nominate a max of 5 players on their team. The team is limited to 1.5 times the number of starters on a team.(So for lacrosse there is a max of 18 on the team). There is no limit on number per team and typically every school does get one.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have nothing to worry about Jamie. Your daughter and some of her teammates will be well represented.
It’s not an all conference team. It’s a best player from each team with a limit of 3 players. A true all conference team would have been made up of

Funny SPSG had 4 last year. Guess that 3 player limit doesn't apply to them.

You can always try winning and seeing how many players you get

Mcd did in 2019 and had 3

McD had 4 in 2016 and 2017. People just make up stuff to complain about on here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree 100%.
Gcs and St. Paul’s girls still make
So does mcdonogh.
After that you need 2 defenders an attacker and a goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting 2 NDP players made UA Senior game, but didn’t make IAAM all conference!! Politics!!! I guess you need to know Corrigan!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There weren’t enough Mercy players selected !

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting 2 NDP players made UA Senior game, but didn’t make IAAM all conference!! Politics!!! I guess you need to know Corrigan!!

Put some of those kids on any of the top teams and they don’t make all conference. Why does every team need a representative? Kids from MD, Hopkins , Clemson , Georgetown , Jmu not on all conference because they need to make room for good players on not so good teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse A

Bella Saviano

Archbishop Spalding

Hannah Johnson

Bryn Mawr

JJ Suriano

Bryn Mawr

Merrill Watson

Bryn Mawr

Livy LaVerghetta

Garrison Forest School

Gabby LaVerghetta

Garrison Forest School

Kylie Redman

Gerstell Academy

Jaclyn Marszal

Glenelg Country School

Maggie Weisman

Glenelg Country School

Regan Byrne

Glenelg Country School

Annabelle Jackson

Maryvale Prep

Abby Francioli

Maryvale Prep

Kori Edmondson

McDonogh School

Caroline Godine

McDonogh School

Sydney Smith

McDonogh School

Mimi Mundorf

Mount de Sales Academy

Finley Barger

Notre Dame Prep

Emme Martin

Notre Dame Prep

Natalie O'Neill

Roland Park Country School

Ryan Dineen

Severn School

Natalie Shurtleff

St. Paul's School for Girls

Kendall Steer

Madison Beale

Gracie Driggs

St Mary's High School

Camryn Pfundstein

St Mary's High School

Macy Vail

The John Carroll School

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That definitely helps. The senior game has lost a lot of credibility the last few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There weren’t enough Mercy players selected !

Please....get real.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of quality players on this list, but some of the selections are obviously political appointees. Most notably at GFS, SM, NDP and GCS. I guess once you get on these types or lists/teams you are on them throughout your HS career despite your performance. It obviously matters who your dad/mom are and what they do for the coaches and School.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t disagree with some of the things being said, but I love when the parents of kids that don’t make it have a lot to say. The selections are over so let’s move on and stop complaining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of quality players on this list, but some of the selections are obviously political appointees. Most notably at GFS, SM, NDP and GCS. I guess once you get on these types or lists/teams you are on them throughout your HS career despite your performance. It obviously matters who your dad/mom are and what they do for the coaches and School.
You do realize that the players selected are voted on by the coaches within the conference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw Mercy play Park in the finals. Looked like two bad JV teams. They play in slow motion and the ball seemed like it was on the ground more than in sticks. Catching, throwing, spacing was an issue for both teams. No way Mercy can play at the A level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with some of the comments. A lot of very good players on this list, but there are some questionable ones.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with some of the comments. A lot of very good players on this list, but there are some questionable ones.

Don’t underestimate how hard it is to be a top player on a bad team. Face the opposing teams best player whether if that’s a attack or defensive player every possession. I believe that’s harder to do then being the 3rd best player on a top team when you getting consistently better matchups. Take the 3/4 best player on SPSG and put her on Gerstell and they still don’t win a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s always amusing to read these comments from parents who think they know so much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone already knows UA is politics. All you have to do is call & complain

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They already know who they want on the team and who will be picked for UA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They already know who they want on the team and who will be picked for UA.

Spoken like a parent of a player that isn’t elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes and no. I actually no the process.... Names are submitted by the players coach and the league coaches vote on it. It is a flawed process and benefits the helicopter parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw Mercy play Park in the finals. Looked like two bad JV teams. They play in slow motion and the ball seemed like it was on the ground more than in sticks. Catching, throwing, spacing was an issue for both teams. No way Mercy can play at the A level.

How do you know unless you give Mercy a chance?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t disagree with some of the things being said, but I love when the parents of kids that don’t make it have a lot to say. The selections are over so let’s move on and stop complaining.
Sometimes complaining it about now will fix the process in the future. So then maybe these all conference teams will be selected based on who was the best players. If one school had 4 or 5 or 6 players on it so be it. If they are the best then then should be in it. 3/4 of the IAAM A all conference do not be long on that list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly its not the schools decision it's the IAAM's decision.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you so threaten by Mercy moving into A, afraid the little B team may beat your daugthers team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ha haa that's funny. JV teams, Hardly... Mercy did not lose to the A teams by much, sounds like you guys are threaten by lil Ole Mercy coming up to A, afraid to lose your pestige of the A conference to a B conference team... Mercy beat Good Counsel during the play day, so, I'm sorry but they are ranked, and enough said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re not fooling anybody with that statement. My daughter is not on the team but I applaud the kids that made it. I guarantee if your kid was selected, you would not have made that derogatory statement. For those that make these negative statements, you are telling us that your kid wasn’t selected and you are envious of those that made it. All selection processes are flawed, but it is what it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top A conference teams schedule out of conference quality teams. Mercy is not a quality team or competitive team. So they played in a play day. You are joking right. A play day is for everyone to play. when you brag about a play day win, that proves that you are a bad team. Trust me, McD, SP, BM, NDP, GCS are not scared of Mercy and their JV style of play. Mercy is not worth their time. Beating Mercy by 20, and using their bench players for the majority of the game, is worthless. I would suggest that Mercy schedule games with the top 6 A conference JV teams. Mercy already lost to three of the bottom A teams. Enough said about Mercy. Stop making us laugh about Mercy beating the top dogs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ha haa that's funny. JV teams, Hardly... Mercy did not lose to the A teams by much, sounds like you guys are threaten by lil Ole Mercy coming up to A, afraid to lose your pestige of the A conference to a B conference team... Mercy beat Good Counsel during the play day, so, I'm sorry but they are ranked, and enough said.

Stop it. Play days don’t count and you played the bottom 4 teams losing to 3 and Gerstell doesn’t belong in A. They should actually think about C. No jv. Only 14 on varsity and kids that wanna play lax won’t go there to go 0-13 in A conference. That is the spot Mercy wants ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look Mercy mom/dad, every top 25 team in the country wants to play our top A conference teams. That is who the top A will schedule…not a JV style Mercy team. All you have to do is look at the 2022 B conference championship game. Mercy cannot beat the top teams JV teams,…no joke. Stop dreaming. No one wants to play them because there is no benefit to beat a team by 25. Plus, those teams play the top teams in the country every year…and you say they are afraid of Mercy! If they schedule public teams in the area they will schedule Century, Glenelg High, Hereford, Severna Park, Broadneck. They will not schedule Mercy because it is not competitive to the bench players, let alone the starters. Plus Mercy players will get their feelings hurt, and we don’t want to see that stuff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Combine the B and C conference and move 4 A teams down. That’s the solution.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And Good Counsel played their bench more than their starters that game after they just scrimmaged McDonogh and had a game that Monday. Beating Mercy in a scrimmage wasn't our #1 priority that day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re not fooling anybody with that statement. My daughter is not on the team but I applaud the kids that made it. I guarantee if your kid was selected, you would not have made that derogatory statement. For those that make these negative statements, you are telling us that your kid wasn’t selected and you are envious of those that made it. All selection processes are flawed, but it is what it is.
Are you referencing UA? Flawed is an understatement and for some reason every thinks its legit. Years ago, a player wasn't even on the callback for her region, but somehow made the team? HMMM. Now there are players making the Sr team that weren't even on the UA watchlist, how does that work? Has nothing to do with envy, not even close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is envy. If your kid made it you wouldn’t be complaining. Seems like the only ones that are complaining are the parents whose kids didn’t make the team. My kid didn’t make it but I am not complaining. She is going to play for a good school next year and we are happy. Your kid is also going to play for a good school, so give thanks and move on. Stop the negatives about unfairness and watchlists comments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about jealous. Is that a better word? Pick one of them because it describes you. Guarantee if your child was selected you wouldn’t be on here complaining. That is a guarantee.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you referencing UA? Flawed is an understatement and for some reason every thinks its legit. Years ago, a player wasn't even on the callback for her region, but somehow made the team? HMMM. Now there are players making the Sr team that weren't even on the UA watchlist, how does that work? Has nothing to do with envy, not even close.

forget the watchlist, there is a kid who has never made an UA team in 4 years playing in the senior game..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As long as Hammerhead's kid is on the list I am good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cleary wasn't a priority to win at all, all season...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The UA games is not a big qualifier. Total body of work is heavily weighted. There are kids that intentionally didn’t tryout for UA Underclass games. Doesn’t mean that they aren’t good players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As long as Hammerhead's kid is on the list I am good

And she doesn't deserve to be there?

Like Reply Quote