BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 72 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 71 72
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Every team has holdbacks. I can’t wait until high school when this silly debate will be over.

Yeah, but holding back should be saved for HS! Not the younger years. Not fair I’m the developing years
One more year.

It’s only going to get worse and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Yes, there is. Rules can be changed to birth year

Sure, but that won’t happen. And if it does our kids will be grown and gone.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really hope Ted wasn’t threatening kids. The Shire acres Community isn’t that big buddy.

This man gets dragged through the mud on here. Threatening kids? No chance. He is a good dude, and an asset to our team. We (along with several other families) wouldn't have left FCA for Crabs if he wasn't. His reputation on this anonymous forum couldn't be further from the truth of who he is as a man. This has gone too far. Troll someone else.

Unpopular opinion from Hawks dad- to think that he would threaten a kid is comical. I’ve known him for years and don’t believe a word of it. Take it for what it’s worth.

No threats were made. He did, however, cuss a kid from the opposing team out and called him a “p*****”
Not exactly appropriate for such a “good dude.”

Not a good dude. Reason why he gets drug through the mud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team has holdbacks. I can’t wait until high school when this silly debate will be over.

Yeah, but holding back should be saved for HS! Not the younger years. Not fair I’m the developing years
One more year.

It’s only going to get worse and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Yes, there is. Rules can be changed to birth year

Sure, but that won’t happen. And if it does our kids will be grown and gone.

Parents seem to feel pretty passionately about this issue. Perhaps they should start their own league. Maybe in Anne Arundel county. Make it by birth year. People need to either do something or stop complaining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents seem to feel pretty passionately about this issue. Perhaps they should start their own league. Maybe in Anne Arundel county. Make it by birth year. People need to either do something or stop complaining.[/quote]

There is a league and it's called SMYLA and it's part of a larger org running their rules undes USL by birth date. It is filled with awful rec teams where those clubs are owned by parents and run like the community bake sale. Up until 7th grade, they run small field 7v7 games. Some of the "travel" kids play but they usually play a different position like a goalie playing in the field or a pole with a short stick because the travel clubs slot kids in 3rd grade and never consider allowing a kid to try a different position after that.

Running a league or a club is a full-time job. It also requires real up-front investment in the form of fields (renting or owning), paid manager/management, equipment, insurance, ... Montgomery County, MD provides no discount or assistance in the renting of their fields or providing refs, equipment and so on. Howard County does all of that.

Your only chance is to go to HoCo and beg and plead for them to split off the lower division teams into a birthdate league. This would also require buy in from lower tier clubs to go along with it. A more realistic approach would be to tighten the age to summer birthdays or even all the way up to 1/1 instead of the year prior 9/1. It is insane there are players a full 364 days older and beyond born prior to the USL 9/1 birthdate. I don't know about this year but the 2019 season had 6 players who were "double" holdbacks and turned 16 prior to their freshman year in high school. 3 were on the same team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grade-based is no longer needed.
It was changed to grade thanks to early college recruiting.
With that gone, the system should revert back to age-based..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are tons of age based choices in the region. The problem is the coaching and orgs are terrible. I believe an all star team from smyla played an age based club mixed team this past weekend. The all star smyla team lost 31-1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The man spends all day scouting teams in 7th grade to boost his own ego... get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The man spends all day scouting teams in 7th grade to boost his own ego... get a life.
Next year is their last year in hoco. Give it up and move this thread to the holdback forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions:
Hawks handle Crabs easily.
NextLevel handles MadLax easily.
Hawks handle NextLevel easily.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions:

Crabs vs NL in the final. NL takes it 9-7

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions:

Crabs vs NL in the final. NL takes it 9-7

Wishful thinking. I can't imagine Hawks losing unless an outbreak of the flu hits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions:

I would not predict easy games for anybody. But with closely matched teams, goaltending and face offs will swing the outcome. At those positions, Hawks are the best and Next Level is second, and the other two are pretty far behind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions:

I would not predict easy games for anybody. But with closely matched teams, goaltending and face offs will swing the outcome. At those positions, Hawks are the best and Next Level is second, and the other two are pretty far behind.

Closer than it looks.
Crabs lost by 1 to NL and 2 to Hawks.
ML lost by 3 to NL and it was tied in 4th. ML got beat bad by Hawks.
NL lost by 4 to Hawks with a short roster due to something but they definitely weren't all there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions:

Closer than it looks.
Crabs lost by 1 to NL and 2 to Hawks.
ML lost by 3 to NL and it was tied in 4th. ML got beat bad by Hawks.
NL lost by 4 to Hawks with a short roster due to something but they definitely weren't all there.

All true - and PP is correct that face offs and goaltending were the difference in those games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions:

Best coaching - NL
Best D - Crabs
Best Midfield - Hawks
Best Attack - Hawks
Best Fogo - Crabs
Best Goalie - NL

Crabs vs NL in the final. NL wins a close one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions:

Best coaching - NL - you're nuts - he is abusive!
Best D - Crabs - haven't seen them play enough to say
Best Midfield - Hawks - you got that right!
Best Attack - Hawks - perhaps, but NextLevel is up there too
Best Fogo - Crabs - haven't seen enough to say
Best Goalie - NL - tied with Hawks, but Hawks have two elite goalies and NextLevel has just one

Crabs vs NL in the final. NL wins a close one.
You're crazy - the Hawks are stronger than the field, and at any rate, everybody chokes against them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AAA Predictions?

Team Md over BLC
Sidewinders over Hammers

Final 1 goal game
Team Md vs Sidewinders
Toss up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While waiting for my younger sons team to play I had the pleasure of watching the second half of the True Baltimore vs Predators game. All I can say is wow the True team definitely lives up to their reputation. One mom was yelling and cursing at the refs, parents screaming at players and coaches. I have seen posts about that program but this was the first time I have witnessed it. Shameful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to MadLax today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Crabs yesterday? I thought with the predictions of #1 FOGO and defense they were supposed to dominate the Hawks yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having coached against him, and having totally unnecessary drama at tournaments for years… it is well earned. He seeks out conflict and then acts like he’s lacrosse royalty. It’s a terrible example for the boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of the 2027s played hard and we should be very proud of them. The HOCO season is over. Time for summer!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While waiting for my younger sons team to play I had the pleasure of watching the second half of the True Baltimore vs Predators game. All I can say is wow the True team definitely lives up to their reputation. One mom was yelling and cursing at the refs, parents screaming at players and coaches. I have seen posts about that program but this was the first time I have witnessed it. Shameful.

True the money grab is an org that cares about one thing, how many players can we fool. Moms like her are the mainstay of True

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean , you mr. Man bun mom’s basement dweller ? What a load of garbage he sold those families. Bought all the Amway products all for 2 wins .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True the money grab is an org that cares about one thing, how many players can we fool. Moms like her are the mainstay of True

Talk about a program that’s duped a ton of parents. It’s really just “pay to play” or “membership” lacrosse. The Planet Fitness of club ball. In general they get families of kids who “want to play club” but don’t have a lot of info. True has really benefited from the 27 age group not having a lot of options.

And then they sell the State and National team options. It’s like buying the undercoating or extra warranty on a car. It sounds like a good idea in the showroom- Gives you peace of mind knowing it’s there, but good luck seeing it executed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were crushed by 10 goals by a NextLevel team that used to be an even opponent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talk about a program that’s duped a ton of parents. It’s really just “pay to play” or “membership” lacrosse. The Planet Fitness of club ball. In general they get families of kids who “want to play club” but don’t have a lot of info. True has really benefited from the 27 age group not having a lot of options.

And then they sell the State and National team options. It’s like buying the undercoating or extra warranty on a car. It sounds like a good idea in the showroom- Gives you peace of mind knowing it’s there, but good luck seeing it executed.

Well said. I can't understand why any reasonably talented player with informed parents would play for a True team, but lots of them do. Kudo's to the folks who run the True business for raking it in, but shame on parents for not doing more homework.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were crushed by 10 goals by a NextLevel team that used to be an even opponent.

Madlax lost 5-6 key players last year that grew tired of the Daddy Ball thing. Most jumped to NL and are serving it up. Madlax was a top 5 team nationally 2 years ago, right up until they had 15 BLC players/coaches come over together. Today, they’re not Top 25.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said. I can't understand why any reasonably talented player with informed parents would play for a True team, but lots of them do. Kudo's to the folks who run the True business for raking it in, but shame on parents for not doing more homework.

If your talking about the true Baltimore team then be honest it’s still really Kelly post which was never near top of 2027. The true Annapolis team is much improved since last year and did beat crabs 2 times this year. That team is good for people that don’t want to play for hawks or drive to Baltimore. Not everyone wants to play for hawks and crabs and next year only going to get harder on those teams considering how many current 8th graders will hold back and kids coming from out of state to try save the crabs dying legacy in middle school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax lost 5-6 key players last year that grew tired of the Daddy Ball thing. Most jumped to NL and are serving it up. Madlax was a top 5 team nationally 2 years ago, right up until they had 15 BLC players/coaches come over together. Today, they’re not Top 25.

They were never top 5, but otherwise spot on. Daddy and son ruined a promising team. The summer will be rough if they play elite national teams like Mad Dog and WCS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax lost 3 to NL. 1 is now NL's best player and the other 2 were splitting time between ML A and B teams and don't play very much for NL. ML lost 3 others to BLC so maybe that's where the 5-6 number comes from. The Dad coach now has the unique reputation of ruining both ML and BLC 2027's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh my. Who are all these people with too much time on their hands?
Focus on your day jobs, former ML dads!

And grow up:)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few more went to hammers, I believe. One of the 3 former ML kids on NL scores like 3 goals a game, one plays a fair amount and one not much at all but still contributes. I assume the former ML kids on BLC play and contribute a lot, as well. Oh well!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the scorecard on where the departed players went to, but the point is how bad the team has become since Daddy and H arrived. Against good teams they only have 1-2 players capable of generating offense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NextLevel did not score more than 11 goals all spring, but they hung 16 on MadLax in their playoff game. MadLax has at least 2-3 players in their starting ten who do not belong in the elite division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Md with a nice 6-3 win over FCA!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn’t beat your chest over an FCA win. Heard their best middie is going to be a holdback next year. That is a team that is struggling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn’t beat your chest over an FCA win. Heard their best middie is going to be a holdback next year. That is a team that is struggling.

Nice to beat a team that was put into HoCo elite over you. They beat us in the Fall badly so it was a nice win for our program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He won't hold back unless he's leaving FCA.....FCA 2028's featured shooter is a Kelly boy, coached by BK himself. Other FCA shooters are generally downgraded to the FCA AAA team. Support middies/feeders stay on the elite team by design. It's basically the Millon model.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He won't hold back unless he's leaving FCA.....FCA 2028's featured shooter is a Kelly boy, coached by BK himself. Other FCA shooters are generally downgraded to the FCA AAA team. Support middies/feeders stay on the elite team by design. It's basically the Millon model.
I have seen the same thing.......2028 FCA middie and attack parents might want to move your kids to get more looks than to simply feed all day.

Like Reply Quote
Page 39 of 72 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard