BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 56 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 55 56
Re: Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lumberjacks went timber. i doubt the zone d tripped them up that bad. hopefully they play each other again

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They were PLACED in B, only have 11 kids and 2 of them never played before. But you're right - they should have been in A because you're a lax hero. Nitwit... plus they hardly ran the table in B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They were PLACED in B, only have 11 kids and 2 of them never played before. But you're right - they should have been in A because you're a lax hero. Nitwit... plus they hardly ran the table in B.

i gather you're referring to mt.sinai?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They went 1-2-1 I hardly call that winning. All it is hiding.[/quote]

Not many care what you hardly call anything. They played whoever was on the schedule, all close games, and made the finals. Not a bad start to the season. I hardly call that hiding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This should come to no surprise to anyone who knows the Rebels coach. He is the same guy who stayed in the B bracket for PAL to avoid teams like West I, GC and Manhasset etc who all play in the A.[/quote]

Yeah, because traveling from Mt Sinai to GC and Manhasset for 6th grade PAL is a great way to spend a Sunday. Are you really taking shots at a guy for his 12 year old PAL team’s schedule? You must be real fun at parties.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Rankings:
Venom
Express
Rebels
Legacy
BTB
RUSH
S2S
Surge
Igloo
Turtles

I think BTB, RUSH, S2S and SURGE should hold the 5th spot together. I believe that on any given day one of these teams beats the other. Very equally matched.

Legacy beat rebels in same tourney. They are both solid. Rebels def well coached and better than last year but the zone is a turnoff- they have been playing that since 3rd grade

The rebels went 1-2-1 not exactly lighting the tournament field on fire. Playing zone defense since 3rd grade is irresponsible of their coaching staff or any program that plays predominantly zone defense. Teaching it as a change of pace or situational lacrosse is another story.

I’ll bite.

Son is a defenseman on the team. The team plays mostly man to man. They have a zone they can go in and out of situationally or matchup based. Coach Walsh has made my son a much better player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact! They asked 3 times and more than a week out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact! They asked 3 times and more than a week out!

They being surge? If so, that stinks they should have been in AA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This should come to no surprise to anyone who knows the Rebels coach. He is the same guy who stayed in the B bracket for PAL to avoid teams like West I, GC and Manhasset etc who all play in the A.

Yeah, because traveling from Mt Sinai to GC and Manhasset for 6th grade PAL is a great way to spend a Sunday. Are you really taking shots at a guy for his 12 year old PAL team’s schedule? You must be real fun at parties.[/quote]

Plus the fact that they would have been absolutely crushed by Manhasset, West Islip, Garden City, and one particular player on Wantagh. They would stand no chance at anything that resembles a competitive game.

The ignorance and lies that floats around this forum could sink a ship. Between the premature spring rankings based on one tournament and the horrendous tournament predictions, this site, and this forum particularly, is just a train wreck of parents living vicariously through their sons.

Let’s recap the nonsense in the last month or so.

1. Someone randomly claiming the Christian Koehler tournament was canceled. The poster knew it wasn’t. But felt the need to falsely say it was. Keep in mind this is a tournament that raises money and was originated in honor of a child that lost their life. You’re about as mature as your child. And if you don’t have a child in 6th grade and you’re on this board, you’re pathetic. Just saying.

2. People making predictions about the outcomes of said tournament. May I ask why? If you don’t have in depth knowledge of the teams, please just be quiet. Only one team in that tournament was in the A division and that is the team that won.

3. Someone bashing East Islip for not joining A division. Like the above mentioned PAL team being shamed, East Islip would lose almost every single game in the A division. Kudos to their coach for matching them up with similar talent.

4 People ripping the rebels style of defense without an in-depth knowledge of the coaches and style of play over the course of a season. Why do you care? Is it a genuine concern for the rebels kids long term development? Is it a concern for the money the parents are paying for that style of coaching? No it isn’t. So less is more. Nobody on that team would read your posts and say “oh garbage Johnny is being taught the wrong style of defense.”

5. People stating legacy is on a downward spiral because they lost one team to the rebels. They are good. They are coached well. They are not going anywhere. They are a well above average A team on Long Island with some quality players. Just let it be.

I could go on and on but I’m thinking based on maturity levels here, and the lack of ability to maintain attention longer than a Tik Tok video, I should break this up into segments. I’ll be back to call out ridiculous claims, uneducated predictions, and bitter post tournament analysis in the near future.
Till next time….

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebs have 2 Suffolk County HS Varsity Coaches. Most teams don’t have 1. All this talk about Surge moving up in a bracket and Venom dominating. Between those 2 teams combined, it looked like they have 60 kids and 10 Coaches. Why wouldn’t they make a third team: AA, A, and B? 91 parents love to say where their kid plays but they never say how long he’s out there for. Tough to get PT in a 40 minute game when you got 15 on your bench. Some of those kids played maybe 5 minutes total in 4 games, and some didn’t play at all. Ridiculous.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you're not from massapequa, or manhasset, you're not getting any meaningful minutes on venom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebs have 2 Suffolk County HS Varsity Coaches. Most teams don’t have 1. All this talk about Surge moving up in a bracket and Venom dominating. Between those 2 teams combined, it looked like they have 60 kids and 10 Coaches. Why wouldn’t they make a third team: AA, A, and B? 91 parents love to say where their kid plays but they never say how long he’s out there for. Tough to get PT in a 40 minute game when you got 15 on your bench. Some of those kids played maybe 5 minutes total in 4 games, and some didn’t play at all. Ridiculous.

Just completely false. Venom had 21 players at the tournament. Surge not much more if any

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This should come to no surprise to anyone who knows the Rebels coach. He is the same guy who stayed in the B bracket for PAL to avoid teams like West I, GC and Manhasset etc who all play in the A.

Yeah, because traveling from Mt Sinai to GC and Manhasset for 6th grade PAL is a great way to spend a Sunday. Are you really taking shots at a guy for his 12 year old PAL team’s schedule? You must be real fun at parties.

Plus the fact that they would have been absolutely crushed by Manhasset, West Islip, Garden City, and one particular player on Wantagh. They would stand no chance at anything that resembles a competitive game.

The ignorance and lies that floats around this forum could sink a ship. Between the premature spring rankings based on one tournament and the horrendous tournament predictions, this site, and this forum particularly, is just a train wreck of parents living vicariously through their sons.

Let’s recap the nonsense in the last month or so.

1. Someone randomly claiming the Christian Koehler tournament was canceled. The poster knew it wasn’t. But felt the need to falsely say it was. Keep in mind this is a tournament that raises money and was originated in honor of a child that lost their life. You’re about as mature as your child. And if you don’t have a child in 6th grade and you’re on this board, you’re pathetic. Just saying.

2. People making predictions about the outcomes of said tournament. May I ask why? If you don’t have in depth knowledge of the teams, please just be quiet. Only one team in that tournament was in the A division and that is the team that won.

3. Someone bashing East Islip for not joining A division. Like the above mentioned PAL team being shamed, East Islip would lose almost every single game in the A division. Kudos to their coach for matching them up with similar talent.

4 People ripping the rebels style of defense without an in-depth knowledge of the coaches and style of play over the course of a season. Why do you care? Is it a genuine concern for the rebels kids long term development? Is it a concern for the money the parents are paying for that style of coaching? No it isn’t. So less is more. Nobody on that team would read your posts and say “oh garbage Johnny is being taught the wrong style of defense.”

5. People stating legacy is on a downward spiral because they lost one team to the rebels. They are good. They are coached well. They are not going anywhere. They are a well above average A team on Long Island with some quality players. Just let it be.

I could go on and on but I’m thinking based on maturity levels here, and the lack of ability to maintain attention longer than a Tik Tok video, I should break this up into segments. I’ll be back to call out ridiculous claims, uneducated predictions, and bitter post tournament analysis in the near future.
Till next time….[/quote]

Great write up! But without all the made up nonsense this forum would be useless! Not that it isn’t useless already but makes for a good laugh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Surge has 3 Varsity HS coaches. all 3 coach successful winning HS programs. also 21 field players on roster not counting the goalie. and every one gets plenty of playing time.Not sure about venom situation, but if you ask around AA teams playing time is never guaranteed. MB you continue to come here and spew non sense. Unfortunately for you. Because you just kepp turning people off to your "great" organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do realize you could easily look up 91 on social media to see their win pics….. and count players.
You probably won’t, because then you’ll just be embarrassed when you realize you’ve been caught spreading lies.
Not a lie, I am up to hearing personally, 4 people pulling their boys off Rebels within the last 3 years, because they…. Never….saw….the….field during tournaments. Not ..at…all.

We all know at this point, better players will play more, but to pay all that money and invest all that time to not even play is bad news.

And then to come on here to down another program that you obviously do not have first hand knowledge of… you look thirsty. (Or just bitter)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find it hard to believe that 91 wanted surge to play in the same bracket as venom. Surge is great and should’ve moved up but how bad would that look to 91’s program if they got lucky and took a win away from venom? Better yet they probably would’ve never let them fight for a championship. It looks much better on social media if they have both their teams taking home championships.

As for playing time, it is never guaranteed. I’m sure every club puts that out there in the beginning. I know players on multiple club teams and the complaints are all the same. I mean there isn’t equal playing time at the middle or high school level is there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do realize you could easily look up 91 on social media to see their win pics….. and count players.
You probably won’t, because then you’ll just be embarrassed when you realize you’ve been caught spreading lies.
Not a lie, I am up to hearing personally, 4 people pulling their boys off Rebels within the last 3 years, because they…. Never….saw….the….field during tournaments. Not ..at…all.

We all know at this point, better players will play more, but to pay all that money and invest all that time to not even play is bad news.

And then to come on here to down another program that you obviously do not have first hand knowledge of… you look thirsty. (Or just bitter)

A lot of times those players that “got no playing time” are the ones that come onto these sites and badmouth programs. Grain of salt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
General comments on the last couple of pages on here:
-If a team thinks they are over matched and revert to a zone, good coaching move. I do agree that zone at this age should be an outlier and kids need to be able to play man, but plenty of d principles are taught in zone as well.
-The team anyone plays on is their choice and can leave if they are not happy with playing time. Training and practice competition is certainly a consideration
-Venom/Surge in the same bracket-my guess is the organization was more concerned with Surge being discouraged in a blowout vs. Venom than an upset.
-There are warts in every program
-Like life, biases exist as does favoritism. Yes, coach's kid in any program get longer leash and benefit of the doubt and the nod. Gotta earn your time. Everyone on the sideline can see when a coach is protecting his son too much.
-Parents are more concerned about winning than the kids. Its the parents that initiate the team jumping whether the training is good or not. Loyalty is to winning. No one likes to lose. human nature. cream rises... at some point the parental maneuvering becomes irrelevant and its up to the kid if he has the passion and devote to it...

Just my view, not the answer or a let me tell you how it is... Legacy will be just fine in my view as well...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope not true - turtles promises it - that’s why all the A players on the team are unhappy and will not be there next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I find it hard to believe that 91 wanted surge to play in the same bracket as venom. Surge is great and should’ve moved up but how bad would that look to 91’s program if they got lucky and took a win away from venom? Better yet they probably would’ve never let them fight for a championship. It looks much better on social media if they have both their teams taking home championships.

They aren’t putting Surge in AA for numerous reasons but most of all because they wouldn’t win and that’s bad for their brand. 91 is very careful what tournaments their teams play in to maximize winning for recruiting purposes. The same reason Venom doesn’t play often and doesn’t go to play Maryland/DC/VA top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tourneys are Venom and LIE playing in this summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I find it hard to believe that 91 wanted surge to play in the same bracket as venom. Surge is great and should’ve moved up but how bad would that look to 91’s program if they got lucky and took a win away from venom? Better yet they probably would’ve never let them fight for a championship. It looks much better on social media if they have both their teams taking home championships.

They aren’t putting Surge in AA for numerous reasons but most of all because they wouldn’t win and that’s bad for their brand. 91 is very careful what tournaments their teams play in to maximize winning for recruiting purposes. The same reason Venom doesn’t play often and doesn’t go to play Maryland/DC/VA top teams.

looking at Venoms schedule on the 91 webpage which is open for all to see, they are going to NAL and Naptown. Are the top Maryland/DC/VA teams not at those?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope not true - turtles promises it - that’s why all the A players on the team are unhappy and will not be there next year.

Turtles have A players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

looking at Venoms schedule on the 91 webpage which is open for all to see, they are going to NAL and Naptown. Are the top Maryland/DC/VA teams not at those?

Glad to see the BOTC (Team91) administrator let someone post about 91. If you check Venom’s schedule they haven’t played anyone off Long Island as far as you can look back on USCL.com.
The NAL you may have 1 of the top teams like the Hawks who have been there in the past but that’s it. Naptown has 2 teams, Madlax and Hawks but there are 18 teams in that tournament so there’s a chance you won’t even play them. The point is 91 plays who they play and how often on purpose to protect their ranking and to not put themselves in situations where they may not come home with a t-shirt. They could set up a play day with those clubs and many other top teams from that area but they don’t for a reason, bad for business.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fake news.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not a 91 parent, but you can't say that Venom is hiding when they are playing in the 3 most competitive national tourneys this summer - NAL, Naptown, and NLF - none of which are on LI. Many of the best teams nationally will be at these tourneys. What tourneys would you prefer them to play in?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find it hard to believe that 91 wanted surge to play in the same bracket as venom. Surge is great and should’ve moved up but how bad would that look to 91’s program if they got lucky and took a win away from venom? Better yet they probably would’ve never let them fight for a championship. It looks much better on social media if they have both their teams taking home championships.

As for playing time, it is never guaranteed. I’m sure every club puts that out there in the beginning. I know players on multiple club teams and the complaints are all the same. I mean there isn’t equal playing time at the middle or high school level is there?

There is no such thing (and there shouldn't be) as equal playing time in club lacrosse. Play on a town team if Johnny isn't getting playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not a 91 parent, but you can't say that Venom is hiding when they are playing in the 3 most competitive national tourneys this summer - NAL, Naptown, and NLF - none of which are on LI. Many of the best teams nationally will be at these tourneys. What tourneys would you prefer them to play in?

My kid does not play for 91. My kid plays venom frequently (at least for how often they even play). The team is very good and light years away from the other teams. There is no arguing that. I don’t care how many coaches they have, how many parents on sidelines, how many parents played, the team is flat out very good and at the top right now. They are just playing at a totally different level than the rest of these guys. Does that change? Maybe some kids move, maybe some kids don’t let their dad navigate their time… who knows. But for now, it’s 91 Venom and everyone else

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those three tournaments are murders row for this age group. NAL will have the best of the northeast, Naptown will have all star teams from the west coast, texas, colorado and south. NLF will be a similar field to NAL but with a few added teams. Venom at last years NLF played 1 and 1/2 games against the Hawks and was probably the tightest and skilled matchup of the weekend. As a Maryland dad, tons of respect for those players, coaches and families. Looking forward to a great summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly, 7 tournaments listed - it’s a very strong line up. If they end up playing the Maryland teams or not it won’t be from a lack of trying. Plus from what I know about Naptown I believe they get national type teams down there as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly, 7 tournaments listed - it’s a very strong line up. If they end up playing the Maryland teams or not it won’t be from a lack of trying. Plus from what I know about Naptown I believe they get national type teams down there as well.

Naptown youth is not typically strong, their recruiting brackets on the other hand are next level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those three tournaments are murders row for this age group. NAL will have the best of the northeast, Naptown will have all star teams from the west coast, texas, colorado and south. NLF will be a similar field to NAL but with a few added teams. Venom at last years NLF played 1 and 1/2 games against the Hawks and was probably the tightest and skilled matchup of the weekend. As a Maryland dad, tons of respect for those players, coaches and families. Looking forward to a great summer.

You see Maryland guy gets it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Naptown youth is not typically strong, their recruiting brackets on the other hand are next level.

Since you seem to have such a great understanding how things work, can you please share your teams summer schedule?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can get a heck of a good look at a T-Bone steak by sticking your head up a bull's Meanybut wouldn’t you rather take the butcher's word for it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid does not play for 91. My kid plays venom frequently (at least for how often they even play). The team is very good and light years away from the other teams. There is no arguing that. I don’t care how many coaches they have, how many parents on sidelines, how many parents played, the team is flat out very good and at the top right now. They are just playing at a totally different level than the rest of these guys. Does that change? Maybe some kids move, maybe some kids don’t let their dad navigate their time… who knows. But for now, it’s 91 Venom and everyone else

Agree, even with all the complaints out there about 91, you can’t deny those kids are really good and as a team are really good. Until teams on LI can beat them we all have to deal with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, even with all the complaints out there about 91, you can’t deny those kids are really good and as a team are really good. Until teams on LI can beat them we all have to deal with it.

You venom parents aren’t fooling anyone with”I’m not a 91 parent “ or “my kid does not play for 91” or “you can’t deny those kids are really good “. Please don’t underestimate our intelligence. Nobody would say those things except a 91 parent. OBNOXIOUS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is 91 now #1 in USCL rankings lol.

They’ve only played and beaten mediocre to terrible LI teams.

What a joke.

Same goes for 2way BTW.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don’t know what you are talking about. Look on tourney machine. You’d be hard pressed to find a tougher field at 2028.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a joke.

Same goes for 2way BTW.

Calm down the spring season has just begun. They will play more teams and it will work itself out. And they will still probably be at the top and you will still probably be mad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a joke.

Same goes for 2way BTW.

So all the LI teams are mediocre to terrible? What teams are good? Please educate us

Page 40 of 56 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 55 56

Link Copied to Clipboard