BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 193 of 213 1 2 191 192 193 194 195 212 213
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless a premium is placed on stat keeping, like it is in basketball, schools will never pay someone to "keep the book" like they do in basketball. Some coaches do it on their own but not all. Most times a bench kid or a team manger keeps the stats. Many times these people don't have a trained eye for the game and caused turnovers, ground balls, draw controls etc are missed. As it is, many assists are missed or wrongly credited because many people don't even know what constitutes an assist and what doesn't. Really only goals are the only correct stat that is kept, that includes saves as well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If player A is in conf 3 and has 75 points that would most likely be equivalent to having 55 points in conf 2 and 30 points in conf 1. it doesn’t mean conf 3 and 4 doesn’t have some good quality players but I think it’s fair to say if you score 40 goals in conf 1 you would prob be good for 75~90 in conf 2 or 3. Stats should be listed by conf like they are separated by county and private/public.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has the voting taken place for All-Americans yet? Looks like it will be dominated by Juniors

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Has the voting taken place for All-Americans yet? Looks like it will be dominated by Juniors

Not sure. Think coaches had to nominate already. Yes I agree juniors will dominate them in Nassau.
A few AA nods are obvious, few made it last year as well, but I would say a few spots will be interesting. will there be any outside of conf 1 in section 8???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn’t agree more

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure. Think coaches had to nominate already. Yes I agree juniors will dominate them in Nassau.
A few AA nods are obvious, few made it last year as well, but I would say a few spots will be interesting. will there be any outside of conf 1 in section 8???

Not likely. Inflated stats against lesser competition. Those players need to produce against the top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many are selected

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many are selected

Coach gets to pick a certain number of All County based on their record. Those girls are normally also nominated for AA, which is voted on by all of the coaches. They normally pick the players who stood out as game changers and showed good sportsmanship. Not necessarily stat leaders. Upperclassman are also favored. It’s rare for sophomores to be awarded AA. The AAs are normally announced at the county dinner which I hear is not happening in Suffolk this year, a shame after all these girls have been through!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you guys serious.? Watch the game. BBP was the better team. Anyone can see that. RP was good but just not the better team - watch the game. Teach sportsmanship to your kids that applies to both teams but BBP deserved the win and they got it hands down.

What was the final score? Never posted on Newsday or Section XI. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If player A is in conf 3 and has 75 points that would most likely be equivalent to having 55 points in conf 2 and 30 points in conf 1. it doesn’t mean conf 3 and 4 doesn’t have some good quality players but I think it’s fair to say if you score 40 goals in conf 1 you would prob be good for 75~90 in conf 2 or 3. Stats should be listed by conf like they are separated by county and private/public.
Totally agree. I've already suggested this to Newsday, more people need to email this suggestion

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree. I've already suggested this to Newsday, more people need to email this suggestion

Will do. No point in posting stats the way they do it now!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you guys serious.? Watch the game. BBP was the better team. Anyone can see that. RP was good but just not the better team - watch the game. Teach sportsmanship to your kids that applies to both teams but BBP deserved the win and they got it hands down.

What was the final score? Never posted on Newsday or Section XI. Thanks
7-4 was the final.I think it was 2-2 at half.had the calls gone to RP it would have been tighter but that was the difference.bbp field looks smaller from a normal size field.just what it looked like to me but there was less room in the mid field especially at the draw circle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait….”had the calls gone to RP it would have been tighter. That was the difference”. The Difference was a BBP team that dominated the second half and the score would have been much Less tight if not for RP’s fantastic goalie. RP could barely get inside the 12 meter, let alone shoot. THAT was the difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBP plays on a smaller field. Is well coached and has gotten favorable officiating. Let’s see what happens Wed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn’t get inside the 12 meter.it took your team almost the whole first half to score and it wasn’t until the ref called 4 consecutive free positions in row.we played you at rp a totally different game on a real field with pretty much equal officiating.Oh let me guess that was a close game due to the jet lag the team had from playing in Maryland.Get over yourselves if we were man up for 2 yellow cards in the second half and multiple free positions which your offense is based on.too bad there wasn’t a shot clock this year you wouldn’t be able to stall and slow the game down to a crawl.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBP plays on a smaller field. Is well coached and has gotten favorable officiating. Let’s see what happens Wed

BBP has a bunch of decent but not great players. Coach knows how to make the most of what he has and win games. I can say from my own daughter’s team who has more individual talent that the coach can’t control the selfish behavior. I think this is the theme I see with other top Suffolk teams like Northport

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bbp will destroy swr on wed…..wont even be close!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is the IAAM conference in Maryland the best conference? The 3rd best team in the conference beat the best team on Long Island by 9 goals. I would imagine St. Anthony's might be at the bottom of that conference?

I'm not sure what your point is.. Mcdonagh, SPSG, GCS, would beat every team on LI, Upstate NY. Ct. Pa..
Saint Anthonys has the same issue as McD.. sub-par coaching

Really? Isn't McD head coach Taylor Cummings or am I mistaken? What high schools do you think have great coaching?

Don’t assume that great players mean great coaches. As for the iaam, all I can tell you is that I saw SPSG absolutely roll every team in indoor. I know it isn’t the same game but it wasn’t even close.

Just curious why do you think in SPSG's case, it's good coaching but not in McD's case?

My niece plays for spsg, and I actually went down to a few games this year and last and saw them play mcdonogh both years. It’s clear that mcd coaches the way that tc played. Drive with their best talent and hopefully draw a shot from the 8. I am not sure if I even saw more than 1 assist a game from tc’s team. Also, spsg defense is well coached and strong athletes who simply wouldn’t allow their offense to actually do anything. Think spsg has beaten mcd 4 times in a row by an average of 7-8 goals a game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BBP has a bunch of decent but not great players. Coach knows how to make the most of what he has and win games. I can say from my own daughter’s team who has more individual talent that the coach can’t control the selfish behavior. I think this is the theme I see with other top Suffolk teams like Northport

BBP coach stalls and holds the ball he’d be put of business with a shot clock. The BBP scores look like hockey scores.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport going into stall mode with 13 minutes left in the 2nd half of a County Semi is the reason this Sport needs a shot clock.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since your calling out players on other teams, what team does your daughter play on that has such great uncontrollable talent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I challenge you to watch the BBP games this season and give specific times bbp stalled?. The RP play off game at the end was the only time and looked more like it was done out of pay back. RP stalled several times during the regular season game even had the ball over 8 minutes passing. They got a taste of their own medicine and didn't like it. BBP if anything moves to quick to take shots and has a tough defense- the shot clock would make beating them harder!.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bbp scores look like hockey scores? Why comment something anyone can see is untrue. Most scores were blowouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since your calling out players on other teams, what team does your daughter play on that has such great uncontrollable talent?

Check the college commitment list and you will see where the most talented girls play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bbp scores look like hockey scores? Why comment something anyone can see is untrue. Most scores were blowouts.

1-1 vs RP at the half seems like a hockey score.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know why Suffolk County is not having a lax awards dinner? Is Nassau?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m looking and don’t see any from RP sorry…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nassau is having an awards dinner in June.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh. OK - Got it. You were talking about one game. Not All season!! Correction half a game. Lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m looking and don’t see any from RP sorry…
RP has 8 or 9 committed to play in college.5 of them D1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Besides the commits; RP has a good group of underclass players that will be D1 commits. They will be even better next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good point.!! Looks like BBP has the most in 2023 8 D1 commits. Is there another school close to that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Suffolk was having a dinner the date probably would have Been announced by now.There was no dinner for soccer in the fall so it may be a section xi thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good point.!! Looks like BBP has the most in 2023 8 D1 commits. Is there another school close to that

Quality not quantity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are they going is the question

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Florida, Stony Brook, JMU, Yale, Navy, Hofstra, Albany, and Quinnipiac... not too shabby... Quality and quantity!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Florida, Stony Brook, JMU, Yale, Navy, Hofstra, Albany, and Quinnipiac... not too shabby... Quality and quantity!

The whole legacy team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually legacy, YJ and top guns!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I must say if there are 515 pages of comments- 500 of them are from Suffolk. Think it is Suffolk thing to brag about beating weak competition. But there are more top ranked teams in Nassau- only wished that it was more than 1 team from each county/ conference that played each other in playoffs. Class A is poorly represented in Nassau, but Class C would dominate Suffolk with most of the Top10 on LI coming from Nassau in this class. Or maybe expand the Nassau power conference to include some Suffolk "POWER" teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nassau is having an awards dinner in June.

suffolk is not having a dinner. It is not a section xi thing. Its the suffolk county girls lacrosse coaches association who decided not to honor our girls. The association should be embarrassed! This will be year three of no awards dinner. These kids look foward to that night. All coaches who are not doing anything to make it happen are at fault also! We produce the best lacrosse players in the country and chose not to honor. them again. Its a disgrace.

Like Reply Quote
Page 193 of 213 1 2 191 192 193 194 195 212 213
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard