BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 78 1 2 3 4 5 77 78
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Has anyone gone through the registration process for AU and know what the team structure is like? Are there two MD teams? Or are they mixed grades?

28s and 29s combined for the event but sign up separate. Not sure how many teams. Everyone signs up under MD code. What will be interesting is if the MD kids from DE tryouts are combined or separate

The MD tryouts had players from VA trying out for VA. I'd imagine the same holds true for MD and DE, where MD players are trying out for the MD team even if they are at the DE tryout.

Did the girls get acceptances for AU yet?

Yes, ours got the acceptance yesterday and was at the MD tryout but for the VA team.

So was your daughter accepted for the team in MD or she will be playing for the VA team?

Were the same evaluators at all of the regions?

We couldn't attend the VA tryouts but they said to go to the MD tryouts. We had the option to tryout for team VA or team MD. She wanted to play with her teammates for VA. The evaluators were all the same.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I haven’t heard of anyone that tried out that didn’t make it. Seems they take as many as possible. $$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weekend Predictions?

M&D vs MDU - I’ve got MDU by 4
Coppermine vs Hero’s - Give me Coppermine by 2

MDU v Coppermine - I’ll take MDU by 1

I like the coppermine prediction. I Think the M&D MDU game will be more of a toss up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weekend Predictions?

4 great teams in the final 4! Best of luck to each of you…respect the game!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weekend Predictions?

4 great teams in the final 4! Best of luck to each of you…respect the game!

Looks like 2 great games today. The championship tomorrow should be a great game, good luck to both teams!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait…Coppermine beat Hero’s 12-7?!?!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I saw the scores, but if you were there, how were the games today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I saw the scores, but if you were there, how were the games today?

M&D and MDU went into OT. Coppermine handled Heros pretty easily. My money is on Coppermine tomorrow. Good luck to both teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to M&D.

Well played by both teams. I am sure they will see each other again in big games this summer.

Difference in my mind is that M&D was a bit more composed in the moment, especially on the clear.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to M&D for their NGLL Mid-Atlantic title. Now bring home the Championship!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to M&D, was really impressed by them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to M&D on the 28 championship!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a good, hard fought game today. And it was heartwarming to see many of the Coppermine girls hang back to congratulate M&D and to take pictures with friends from both teams. There’s a lot of respect and camaraderie between these two teams, despite what you may read here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very good game as expected. M&D was running away with it, however Coppermine came back and made it a very close game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very good game as expected. M&D was running away with it, however Coppermine came back and made it a very close game.

Yes, great game. Coppermine never ran out of energy or fight; they just ran out of clock.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to M&D on winning a hard fought win and the Championship. Congrats to Coppermine as well, they never gave up and just came up short at the end. 2 great teams and provided for a great game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a good, hard fought game today. And it was heartwarming to see many of the Coppermine girls hang back to congratulate M&D and to take pictures with friends from both teams. There’s a lot of respect and camaraderie between these two teams, despite what you may read here.

Agreed. What is said here isn’t always the truth. Four great teams came out of a great league and M&D won. All the girls should be proud of what they accomplished this season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI...Initial schedule is posted for Lax for the Cure:

https://steps.teamsportsinfo.com/lf...w_divs_menu=true&show_brackets=true#

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. What is said here isn’t always the truth. Four great teams came out of a great league and M&D won. All the girls should be proud of what they accomplished this season.
Now the Summer tourney season followed by tryouts. Will be interesting to see which teams lose/gain quality players. Will some "B" level teams gain enough talent to make the jump to "A" and will some "A" teams drop down to "B".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now the Summer tourney season followed by tryouts. Will be interesting to see which teams lose/gain quality players. Will some "B" level teams gain enough talent to make the jump to "A" and will some "A" teams drop down to "B".

I think this summer and next summer will both be summers of movement. I think you will find top players on B/A- level teams looking for a more complete team with players of similar skill level to help push their development. Players leaving may not be the big question, it is Which A teams will be smart enough to snag them and not let politics with current players on the bottom half of their roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't see a ton of equal playing time in NGLL (not advocating that there should be, just making an observation). So, do you think there will be movement from people who didn't play a lot looking for a new home, or just the B team players trying to move up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't see a ton of equal playing time in NGLL (not advocating that there should be, just making an observation). So, do you think there will be movement from people who didn't play a lot looking for a new home, or just the B team players trying to move up?
There are a number of reasons players will move. We spend a lot of money to join these clubs. What if: 1: they don't see much playing time 2: aren't developing under current coaches 3: is an "A" type player playing in the B league 4: chose current team due to geographic location and will now travel further to play on a competitive team . I'm sure there are many other reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are a number of reasons players will move. We spend a lot of money to join these clubs. What if: 1: they don't see much playing time 2: aren't developing under current coaches 3: is an "A" type player playing in the B league 4: chose current team due to geographic location and will now travel further to play on a competitive team . I'm sure there are many other reasons.

We plan to have our DD try out for several of the top teams this mainly due to Reasons 2 and 3. I'd add for # 2, it's not only just coaches per say but overall development within the club etc but they go hand in hand. 2 and 3 I think are the top reasons why you will see a lot of movement to the top teams.

I'd be curious to see about # 1. Do players on the "A" teams of the top teams who aren't playing much stay with the club and move to their B teams or do they go to other A clubs that aren't as competitive etc? CClax will be in A next year with their win and I could see a few of the current A teams dropping back down to the B division, i.e. Limelight, Stars and maybe even Skywalkers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We plan to have our DD try out for several of the top teams this mainly due to Reasons 2 and 3. I'd add for # 2, it's not only just coaches per say but overall development within the club etc but they go hand in hand. 2 and 3 I think are the top reasons why you will see a lot of movement to the top teams.

I'd be curious to see about # 1. Do players on the "A" teams of the top teams who aren't playing much stay with the club and move to their B teams or do they go to other A clubs that aren't as competitive etc? CClax will be in A next year with their win and I could see a few of the current A teams dropping back down to the B division, i.e. Limelight, Stars and maybe even Skywalkers.

Its rare for a team to move backwards in divisions. remember typically there are 10-12 A teams in 6th grade, 14-16 in 7th grade and 18-20 in 8th grade.

For girls on A+ teams, you will see some girls tryout for A teams where they can play more or play in a preferred position. You will see stars on A teams try out for A+ teams and B players tryout for A and A+ teams.

Also, remember some girls will want to switch team for reasons beyond lacrosse. Lots of cliques on 6th and 7th grade and this can break teams up.

Biggest X factor around this age is how many girls drop travel lax all together due to committments to other sports (typically soccer).

Remember though that between the top 4 teams, there are usually only around 15-20 spots which open up.

For reference last year at the 27 level for the top 3 programs)

M&D added 3 new girls (but cut 6 or 7 due to having an inflated roster due to having a Red team collapse at last second)
Heros added 5 girls (including 1 from White team and 1 from out of state)
BLC added 3 new girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will be really interested to see how M&D does this weekend. Will all the improvement in the spring, have they closed the gap on Eagle Stix?

Assuming they can beat Aces, they will probably get 2 shots at them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This right here is the reason why my daughter is switching teams. " Lots of cliques on 6th and 7th grade and this can break teams up." She's one of the outsiders on the team that didn't play on the same rec team, soccer team, or go to elementary school with them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This right here is the reason why my daughter is switching teams. " Lots of cliques on 6th and 7th grade and this can break teams up." She's one of the outsiders on the team that didn't play on the same rec team, soccer team, or go to elementary school with them.

My DD plays on a team that draws from all over (BaltCo, Hoco, Carrol, etc), and though it has it's drawback, I have to say that one advantage is the lack of one main clique. I'm sure she'd love to have a bunch of close friends on the team, but the tradeoff is that drama between girls is minimum. Granted, I'm sure this may change as they get older and attend high schools together, but for now I'm enjoying the calm!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its rare for a team to move backwards in divisions. remember typically there are 10-12 A teams in 6th grade, 14-16 in 7th grade and 18-20 in 8th grade.

For girls on A+ teams, you will see some girls tryout for A teams where they can play more or play in a preferred position. You will see stars on A teams try out for A+ teams and B players tryout for A and A+ teams.

Also, remember some girls will want to switch team for reasons beyond lacrosse. Lots of cliques on 6th and 7th grade and this can break teams up.

Biggest X factor around this age is how many girls drop travel lax all together due to committments to other sports (typically soccer).

Remember though that between the top 4 teams, there are usually only around 15-20 spots which open up.

M&D added 3 new girls (but cut 6 or 7 due to having an inflated roster due to having a Red team collapse at last second)
BLC added 3 new girls.

At the 28 level, even all 4 top teams/clubs have holes they can fill for sure after seeing them all. I'd be curious to see how the new addition #s shape up for this year. Hero's might be the most crowded with a White team that is full of talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My DD plays on a team that draws from all over (BaltCo, Hoco, Carrol, etc), and though it has it's drawback, I have to say that one advantage is the lack of one main clique. I'm sure she'd love to have a bunch of close friends on the team, but the tradeoff is that drama between girls is minimum. Granted, I'm sure this may change as they get older and attend high schools together, but for now I'm enjoying the calm!
Unfortunately, they cant leave their friendships on the sidelines and it adversely effects the whole team!. Our plan is to go to Skywalkers as they seem to draw from around the Baltimore area .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC added 3 new girls.

At the 28 level, even all 4 top teams/clubs have holes they can fill for sure after seeing them all. I'd be curious to see how the new addition #s shape up for this year. Hero's might be the most crowded with a White team that is full of talent.
Do you foresee the white team moving up to the A Division. Also, does anyone know why there is no 2028 TLC team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC added 3 new girls.

All teams definitely have holes to fill. However, you need to remember that Heros and M&D have a reputation for only adding girls who will be impact players. Very rare to add a girl from outside to sit on the bench (at least for these programs). Coaches don't want to add new upset parents for no reason.

SW on the other hand (and MDU to a lesser extent) have the reputation for taking the best 20-23 players regardless. This tends to create more issues on the sidelines which is also why there tends to be more turnover at these programs.

Great point about all the talent on Hero's White. Will be interesting to see where it all shakes out. My guess is they will prove up to A next year in an effort to keep some of the girls around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC added 3 new girls.

Though their roster is not as big as M&D 27s was last year, M&D 28 also has a bigger than usual roster this year. So seems like you might see more movement on this team than is typical (and possibly the addition of a red team).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC added 3 new girls.

All teams definitely have holes to fill. However, you need to remember that Heros and M&D have a reputation for only adding girls who will be impact players. Very rare to add a girl from outside to sit on the bench (at least for these programs). Coaches don't want to add new upset parents for no reason.

SW on the other hand (and MDU to a lesser extent) have the reputation for taking the best 20-23 players regardless. This tends to create more issues on the sidelines which is also why there tends to be more turnover at these programs.

Great point about all the talent on Hero's White. Will be interesting to see where it all shakes out. My guess is they will prove up to A next year in an effort to keep some of the girls around.

Skywalkers older teams i would agree but 27,28 and beyond are just lucky to get a good player. I think Skywalkers and Nems are going to be lower teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC added 3 new girls.

Though their roster is not as big as M&D 27s was last year, M&D 28 also has a bigger than usual roster this year. So seems like you might see more movement on this team than is typical (and possibly the addition of a red team).

From what I hear, yes, the 28s will have 2 teams for next season so lots of movement potentially.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC added 3 new girls.

Huh? Heros Green only added 3 players. 1 from White, one from M&D, one from BLC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC added 3 new girls.

From what I hear, yes, the 28s will have 2 teams for next season so lots of movement potentially.

History tells us that M&D Red is where a lot of top B players will end up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers older teams i would agree but 27,28 and beyond are just lucky to get a good player. I think Skywalkers and Nems are going to be lower teams[/quote]

NEMS is definitely going to be a lower team and may never make it back to the A league. Going 4-4 in B league isn’t gonna get you there. I believe Skywalkers will gain talent this year and next and be in the upper tier in a couple of years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WEEKLY PARENT POLL

WEEK 2:

What is the top level of lacrosse my daughter will likely achieve? [Quits, Club for fun, D2/3, D1, D1 impact player, Tewaaraton Nominee, Other]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC added 3 new girls.

Huh? Heros Green only added 3 players. 1 from White, one from M&D, one from BLC.

They added 4 from BLC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers older teams i would agree but 27,28 and beyond are just lucky to get a good player. I think Skywalkers and Nems are going to be lower teams

NEMS is definitely going to be a lower team and may never make it back to the A league. Going 4-4 in B league isn’t gonna get you there. I believe Skywalkers will gain talent this year and next and be in the upper tier in a couple of years.[/quote]

I keep hearing the SW’s teams will improve each season and that use to happen around 6th-8th grades. It definitely happened with the 25’s as that is my older daughter’s grad year. Didn’t see it with the 26 to much, very little with 27’s and nothing with 28’s. Makes me wonder if SW is just another average club living on its past? Or if it happens before HS?

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 78 1 2 3 4 5 77 78
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard