BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 77 of 116 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 115 116
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Little has this post drafted for the past week! You are going from a winer to the basement.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Mercy mom. The truth hurts? Now I feel better. We can keep going if you like. I have more to say.
Do spill the tea!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much for GHS being the best. Nice win Century.

You mean AP got outcoached ?
It was more important for the coaches to play favorites than win the game.

That makes no sense at all. If that was true the field hockey team would've been out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Public schools need to fix regions. Teams winning 23-0 in elite 8 is ridiculous. They need to go back to 4 regions and not 8. Teams from moco or pg have no business in the state tourney for top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok here we go. In 2022 Mercy lost to MDS, RPCS, and JC. Need more be said. Enough with adding them to the A conference. Stop the dreaming Mercy mom and wake up.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok here we go. In 2022 Mercy lost to MDS, RPCS, and JC. Need more be said. Enough with adding them to the A conference. Stop the dreaming Mercy mom and wake up.

You are the one that needs to wake up! ALL teams should have an opportunity to play in A- it is the most fair thing to do !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you delusional? Fair? Earn the right by beating a top team. You beat Gerstell this year. Who didn’t. Gerstell will probably be in B next year, with Mercy. Mercy has to earn the right to move up by playing the top teams and not the bottom ones. Ok. I hope they go to A. If Mercy is so interested in moving up, they should schedule the top five A teams next year? We know that won’t happen. Show the conference something. Oh, that’s right, they did show the conference something by losing to three of the bottom teams in 2022. Enough said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are the one that needs to wake up! ALL teams should have an opportunity to play in A- it is the most fair thing to do !

No they shouldn’t! Play where they can compete. The people there are smart enough to know they belong in B. They might say they will request but truth is they won’t. The parents are clueless and will be calling for changes after they go 0-13 like Gerstell did. Sit back and enjoy you B conference championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beating Park every other year doesn’t get Mercy to the A conference. The “Fair” thing to do is move four A teams down to B with Mercy. That will be the end of Mercy’s B championships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Public schools need to fix regions. Teams winning 23-0 in elite 8 is ridiculous. They need to go back to 4 regions and not 8. Teams from moco or pg have no business in the state tourney for top teams.

You realize when there were only 4 regions, in 4A you were guaranteed a team from PG in the semis. At least MoCo schools can be semi-competitive. Although Broadneck will win states with little issue.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beating Park every other year doesn’t get Mercy to the A conference. The “Fair” thing to do is move four A teams down to B with Mercy. That will be the end of Mercy’s B championships.

I am torn here, I believe that Mercy would get crushed by most if not all of the A teams and any parents who think different are off their rocker. However, if they want the team to develop, it comes down to recruiting. It is hard enough to get talent with so many private schools, I can only image how hard it is as a B team.
I still believe that they should break up a/b more equally than 13/5 but understand the frustration by mercy.
To conclude, mercy parents please stop thinking that your current team could compete because they can’t and you and they will become frustrated quickly. If your intention is for long term growth of the program then I wish you good luck in getting what you want

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They way they do it now is better. Biggest issue is just Carroll/Howard staying in the same region and if they can find a way to change that it should be okay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mercy parents, please get advice from Gerstell parents. Several Gerstell parents asked their administration to petition to go to the B conference. They know that they cannot compete. I watched the B conference championship, our JV team can beat both of those teams. I am not trying to be funny, but that is a fact. Stay in the B conference and have fun playing and competing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They way they do it now is better. Biggest issue is just Carroll/Howard staying in the same region and if they can find a way to change that it should be okay.

That's the toughest part. The state doesn't want to make these schools travel too much too often. In MoCo, most of the better teams (4A) end up in the same region as well. So they all knock each other out. AACo is still the cream of the crop in 4A though with Broadneck (guessing 3A as well...I'd expect Severna Park to easily take 3A).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's the toughest part. The state doesn't want to make these schools travel too much too often. In MoCo, most of the better teams (4A) end up in the same region as well. So they all knock each other out. AACo is still the cream of the crop in 4A though with Broadneck (guessing 3A as well...I'd expect Severna Park to easily take 3A).[/quote]

It's all fair. The best team wins the states, whether they play their toughest game in the semi-regionals or state final.
Survive and advance.
All this gerrymandering is all for the losers. It's real simple, just win baby.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is an unfortunate position to take. I understand wanting to play tougher teams, but if you want to quickly destroy your program, then you should move up to the toughest conference in the country so your team can get demolished every week. Players will choose another school and you will see your program (and your school's enrollment) suffer.

Teams change, school enrollment demographics change. Schools need to be able to move between conferences, especially for the smaller-participation sports, like volleyball and golf. Some schools are powerhouses for a few years, then fade, and the teams need to be able to move to a lower conference to compete on a fairer level, then move up again.

That being said, parents lobbying for their school's team to move up usually know very little of recruiting, enrollment trends, and the challenges faced by admissions people and coaches in sustaining a quality program over multiple seasons.

Your post demonstrates a lack of understanding of how this stuff works. Is is about fairness, yes, but what you are asking for isn't fairness; it is for the IAAM to become an irresponsible steward of their constituents' programs and to turn what is a complex and pretty well organized athletic conference into a free for all.

Not gonna happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is an unfortunate position to take. I understand wanting to play tougher teams, but if you want to quickly destroy your program, then you should move up to the toughest conference in the country so your team can get demolished every week. Players will choose another school and you will see your program (and your school's enrollment) suffer.

Teams change, school enrollment demographics change. Schools need to be able to move between conferences, especially for the smaller-participation sports, like volleyball and golf. Some schools are powerhouses for a few years, then fade, and the teams need to be able to move to a lower conference to compete on a fairer level, then move up again.

That being said, parents lobbying for their school's team to move up usually know very little of recruiting, enrollment trends, and the challenges faced by admissions people and coaches in sustaining a quality program over multiple seasons.

Your post demonstrates a lack of understanding of how this stuff works. Is is about fairness, yes, but what you are asking for isn't fairness; it is for the IAAM to become an irresponsible steward of their constituents' programs and to turn what is a complex and pretty well organized athletic conference into a free for all.

Not gonna happen.

In my line of work and/or life in genral, you only get better by going against the best.
Maybe Mercy can move up, the nuns can throw lots of money at some new recruits. etc. The school is positioned in the city so its more central than Gerstell or Severn or JC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They went against four A teams and lost three. That is going against what Mercy would consider the best. If your logic was correct, then they should have gone up against McD, SPSG, NDP, Maryvale, GCS, and Spalding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and BM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not gonna happen.

In my line of work and/or life in genral, you only get better by going against the best.
Maybe Mercy can move up, the nuns can throw lots of money at some new recruits. etc. The school is positioned in the city so its more central than Gerstell or Severn or JC.

I agree - playing stronger teams can help a team improve. Getting decimated is another story.

Perhaps the coaches of the B level teams can arrange a preseason scrimmage or two against some A level teams with the purpose of improving their players. I don't think most A level coaches would refuse that offer, so long as the game didn't get chippy and get players hurt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much for GHS being the best. Nice win Century.

You mean AP got outcoached ?
It was more important for the coaches to play favorites than win the game.

Who are the favorites? I’m sure that their best players played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So much for GHS being the best. Nice win Century.

Arrogant girls of GHS got humbled and outplayed by the nice girls. Century has the culture you want with the wins to show it!

My daughter’s team played Glenelg and Century this season. Glenelg has better talent. And frankly, my daughter said that a few of the Century girls were not nice. Not all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the scores of quarterfinals. Teams winning 23-0. These are not the top 8 in the state in each class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mercy has scheduled those bottom tier A conference games and lost all but one to Gerstell. Mercy won’t schedule the top A teams because that wouldn’t benefit either program. McD, SPSG, GCS, BM, Spalding wouldn’t benefit either. Those top A teams are scheduling out of conference games against competitive teams like Good Counsel, St Anthony’s of NY, Stone Ridge and Georgetown Visitation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will iaam all-conference team be selected?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THe iaam all conference teams are done the teams know who made it, just has not been published yet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have nothing to worry about Jamie. Your daughter and some of her teammates will be well represented.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THe iaam all conference teams are done the teams know who made it, just has not been published yet

Coaches should not have told their players until the announcement.

The real question who will be the Baltimore Sun player of the year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches should not have told their players until the announcement.

The real question who will be the Baltimore Sun player of the year?
Can’t believe they took the BM goalie again this year. She didn’t even have a good year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have nothing to worry about Jamie. Your daughter and some of her teammates will be well represented.

Thanks for the feedback Randall but not Jamie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not an all conference team. It’s a best player from each team with a limit of 3 players. A true all conference team would have been made up of
Best 11 field players and 1 goalie. the IAAM is a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t believe you talk about kids this way as an adult.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not an all conference team. It’s a best player from each team with a limit of 3 players. A true all conference team would have been made up of

Funny SPSG had 4 last year. Guess that 3 player limit doesn't apply to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is definitely not an All Conference team. There are some All Conference players on this team, but you have got to be kidding me if you don’t see the glaring issues. There are players on the bench that are better than some of these players. This is a joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is definitely not an All Conference team. There are some All Conference players on this team, but you have got to be kidding me if you don’t see the glaring issues. There are players on the bench that are better than some of these players. This is a joke

Has the list been posted?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can always try winning and seeing how many players you get

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Each team was limited up to 3 players and each team had to have at least 1 player represented. A true all conference team would could have been made up of SP, GCS and McD alone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's no 3 player limit. The only limit is the total number of players. Some schools only have 1. Some have more obviously.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mcd did in 2019 and had 3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's no 3 player limit. The only limit is the total number of players. Some schools only have 1. Some have more obviously.
Wrong. There is 3 player this year and every school had to have at least 1 player. All 14 schools are represented

Like Reply Quote
Page 77 of 116 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 115 116
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard