Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 09:18 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 09:06 PM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 09:01 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 08:56 PM
2021-2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 08:30 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,160
Posts342,035
Members2,466
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 179 of 180 1 2 177 178 179 180
Re: Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
Anonymous #378065 05/08/22 10:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I personally don’t understand why referees don’t give out more penalties to benches for parent behavior. If the officials did more of that, I guarantee you it will shut the parents up. Officials need to start penalizing benches for parent behavior. Watch how quickly things change.

Folks thisnis SPORTS. Not a CRT classroom. I’m sports, particularly when Refs insert themselves into the outcome of the game, fans are vocal on plays. I don’t agree with fans / parents being stunads, but come on….

Yup. Once a ref starts engaging with hostile fans/parents, he's already lost.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

TLaxOne #380384 05/20/22 12:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
<a href=https://ved-line.ru/samorezy-i-shurupy>сборные грузы из китая цена</a>

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380779 05/22/22 10:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best youth league in the country and the best refs in the country. Refs are not perfect, either are coaches and players. All you dimwits that that think reffing is so easy ask for my info and you can join us. Instead of being that “dad” who thinks he knows the rules but actually doesn’t it would be good for you. Also the money is great .

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380791 05/22/22 11:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I personally don’t understand why referees don’t give out more penalties to benches for parent behavior. If the officials did more of that, I guarantee you it will shut the parents up. Officials need to start penalizing benches for parent behavior. Watch how quickly things change.

Folks thisnis SPORTS. Not a CRT classroom. I’m sports, particularly when Refs insert themselves into the outcome of the game, fans are vocal on plays. I don’t agree with fans / parents being stunads, but come on….

Yup. Once a ref starts engaging with hostile fans/parents, he's already lost.

Refs don’t need to engage with parents to do that.

Hit the team with the penalty. If the coaches don’t like the penalty, they can address it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381411 05/25/22 03:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best youth league in the country and the best refs in the country. Refs are not perfect, either are coaches and players. All you dimwits that that think reffing is so easy ask for my info and you can join us. Instead of being that “dad” who thinks he knows the rules but actually doesn’t it would be good for you. Also the money is great .
+100

None of these venom spewers would last a minute as a ref.

It really is good money. You’re not gonna find a better hourly rate for a part-time, side-hustle. Double bonus if you live in HoCo or near any of the big facilities that hosts tournaments during the summer.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TLaxOne #381519 05/26/22 09:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at a game last weekend at Troy Park. A 2031 championship game. 10 seconds into the first quarter, a dad starts yelling at the ref. Ref blew the whistle, turned to the stands and announced the next person to yell at the officials will be ejected. Never heard a peep other than cheering for the rest of the game, which was won by 1 goal so there was plenty of opportunity for parents to be yelling. Keep it up refs! Keep calling out the parents! It’s working. They are shutting up.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #381532 05/26/22 10:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at a game last weekend at Troy Park. A 2031 championship game. 10 seconds into the first quarter, a dad starts yelling at the ref. Ref blew the whistle, turned to the stands and announced the next person to yell at the officials will be ejected. Never heard a peep other than cheering for the rest of the game, which was won by 1 goal so there was plenty of opportunity for parents to be yelling. Keep it up refs! Keep calling out the parents! It’s working. They are shutting up.

Awesome. Glad to her it.
Most refs understand that the coaches will get heated and it's not personal. That can usually be solved with some communication. But the blatant abuse and questioning of the refs by fans is unecessary.
Ref needs to warn the stands, then toss the offending parent. If it continues, penalize the affiliated team.

Like Reply Quote
TLaxOne #381535 05/26/22 10:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The tall guy who ref’ed the 28 elite championship should not be allowed on the field anymore. He was the most belligerent, combative and disrespectful official I’ve ever seen.

Most ref’s are fine overall. It’s youth lacrosse. But this guy is in a league of his own.

Like Reply Quote
TLaxOne #383181 06/06/22 11:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heard koops is partnering with true

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #383209 06/07/22 08:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not sure how they are going to prove what team the parent is on. In this case I will go to the teams I don't like and act like an butt on the sidelines so said team gets penalties. Doesn't sound like a good rule.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #385915 06/21/22 01:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not sure how they are going to prove what team the parent is on. In this case I will go to the teams I don't like and act like an butt on the sidelines so said team gets penalties. Doesn't sound like a good rule.

Actually a rule like this would work pretty well, because it incentivizes and justifies the parents to police themselves. A fake parent pretending to be a butt will be obvious to the real parents of the team he is "supporting" and they would ask him with before the officials got involved. But when real parents are acting that way, a rule like this gives the perfect cover for parents to rein them in, as in "c'mon, we don't need another ridiculous penalty like the one we got last week."

Like Reply Quote
TLaxOne #387347 06/30/22 02:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Results:
2026: Crabs over DC Express 14-8
2027: Hawks over Next Level 10-6
2028: Next Level over FCA
2029: Madlax over Hawks 8-4
2030: BLC-DC Express over Madlax 7-5
2031: Madlax over Wolfpack 11-7

DC Teams very well represented.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #388142 Yesterday at 08:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Results:
2029: Madlax over Hawks 8-4
2030: BLC-DC Express over Madlax 7-5
2031: Madlax over Wolfpack 11-7

DC Teams very well represented.

2032: Hawks over Blue Claws 6-3

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #388209 13 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Results: