BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 79 1 2 3 4 78 79
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WEEKLY PARENT POLL:

Week 1: In 3 years who will be the top 5 Maryland 2028 girls teams (in order of strength)?

Too many what ifs to do a full ranking for me...

I think the most complete teams will continue to add talent and grow (MandD and Heros)

The wild cards will be whether or not the "typical" progression of events of middle school to HS club lax happen or not...

Will MDUs top players leave as has happened in the past, or are the confident and Content enough to stick together?

Will Coppermine be able to sell their new product enough to keep their talent? And how many soccer places will jump ship?

Will skywalkers follow the normal path of collecting talent over the next 2 years and emerging in HS as a top contender? (I assume they will absorb Crush talent, they don't even have a HS team.)

Crush is holding tryouts for 2026s this summer, so it would appear they are planning to try and keep things going into high school.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WEEKLY PARENT POLL:

Week 1: In 3 years who will be the top 5 Maryland 2028 girls teams (in order of strength)?

Can we bet on this? Any Coppermine* parents giving odds?

I certainly got a chuckle when I realized Curb Shoppe has been closed for two years. Pretty lame if that is what got the last thread nuked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WEEKLY PARENT POLL:

I certainly got a chuckle when I realized Curb Shoppe has been closed for two years. Pretty lame if that is what got the last thread nuked.

Why are you heading back down the negativity road. Let’s stay on the high road so we have a means of open communication between people with questions and answers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WEEKLY PARENT POLL:

Too many what ifs to do a full ranking for me...

I think the most complete teams will continue to add talent and grow (MandD and Heros)

The wild cards will be whether or not the "typical" progression of events of middle school to HS club lax happen or not...

Will MDUs top players leave as has happened in the past, or are the confident and Content enough to stick together?

Will Coppermine be able to sell their new product enough to keep their talent? And how many soccer places will jump ship?

Will skywalkers follow the normal path of collecting talent over the next 2 years and emerging in HS as a top contender? (I assume they will absorb Crush talent, they don't even have a HS team.)
I believe. M&D, Hero's, Skywalkers, Maryland United, and Coppermine Central will all be there with Crush being the wild card. A little further out I would include Coppermine North as a wild card as I believe they will be the premier club for Harford County.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WEEKLY PARENT POLL:

Why are you heading back down the negativity road. Let’s stay on the high road so we have a means of open communication between people with questions and answers.

Agree on this^ I have noticed several posts deleted from this thread since it started. Can we please delete the negative post above? Not sure why those are allowed to be posted but other normal posts are being deleted or not even "approved" to post?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WEEKLY PARENT POLL:

Agreed! Anyone else get the feeling that there is someone who keeps posting things just to get everyone riled up? I bet it’s a kid. If we don’t take the bait, and act like grownups this thread will continue despite someone’s best efforts to have it removed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

That is not entirely true. The top girls will still stand out. This isn't high school tryouts. If you think there aren't better girls out there than the bottom half of the roster you are mistaken. You don't think in NGLL the coaches already noticed the top girls on other teams and will be happy to learn that they are coming to try out? Teams want to get better and that means taking the best girls. Some of the girls who have played for the big teams since the beginning (2nd or 3rd grade) but haven't deveolped or put kn the work may find themselves out of a roster spot. That is just a part of competition. And as a parent on that team, you should WANT the coaches looking for the best off season additions, not sitting back while other teams get better.

But you don't think the coaches have already reached out to top girls on other teams? Coaches obviously want more talent, but the amount of talent truly assessed is not what you think it is.[/quote]

As in poaching? I don't know that they would be reaching out unsolicited at this age. Maybe in high school.[/quote]

It absolutely does happen. Its usually more informal, through the parents. However, most moves are usually parent/player driven.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is not entirely true. The top girls will still stand out. This isn't high school tryouts. If you think there aren't better girls out there than the bottom half of the roster you are mistaken. You don't think in NGLL the coaches already noticed the top girls on other teams and will be happy to learn that they are coming to try out? Teams want to get better and that means taking the best girls. Some of the girls who have played for the big teams since the beginning (2nd or 3rd grade) but haven't deveolped or put kn the work may find themselves out of a roster spot. That is just a part of competition. And as a parent on that team, you should WANT the coaches looking for the best off season additions, not sitting back while other teams get better.

But you don't think the coaches have already reached out to top girls on other teams? Coaches obviously want more talent, but the amount of talent truly assessed is not what you think it is.[/quote]

As in poaching? I don't know that they would be reaching out unsolicited at this age. Maybe in high school.[/quote]

It absolutely does happen. Its usually more informal, through the parents. However, most moves are usually parent/player driven.[/quote]

Just wait for it... Skywalkers notorious for it! They will raid Coppermines roster the same way they have at the older age groups!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WEEKLY PARENT POLL:

Agreed! Anyone else get the feeling that there is someone who keeps posting things just to get everyone riled up? I bet it’s a kid. If we don’t take the bait, and act like grownups this thread will continue despite someone’s best efforts to have it removed.
100% agree. Avoid and ignore the nonsense and keep the thread going.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the best way to figure out what teams are looking for what type of player. My daughter is a defender looking to go to a team where there is more consistency on the team as opposed to her current team where there is a large gap in skill development between the top and bottom players. I can’t watch every single NGLL game or tournament match. Truthfully do parents really email teams or is that hyperbole?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the best way to figure out what teams are looking for what type of player. My daughter is a defender looking to go to a team where there is more consistency on the team as opposed to her current team where there is a large gap in skill development between the top and bottom players. I can’t watch every single NGLL game or tournament match. Truthfully do parents really email teams or is that hyperbole?

Is she looking to tryout for any teams in particular? People here might be able to tell you where teams are at with defense, if they'd be honest about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No idea. We live inside the beltway so far north Baltimore teams are out from a logistical standpoint. We’re not new to club lax but really thinking through options for what she wants to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is she looking to tryout for any teams in particular? People here might be able to tell you where teams are at with defense, if they'd be honest about it.

Biggest challenges on defense within A is skywalkers, followed by HoCo. Among top 4 teams. all have solid defenses buy Coppermine is probably the weakest of the four.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WEEKLY PARENT POLL:

1. M&D
2. Hero's
3. Capital (technically not MD, but will draw southern MD girls)
4. Skywalkers
5. MD United

Coppermine would probably be 6th, followed by Integrity, LBC and TLC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We narrowed our list down to how far we are willing to commute to/from practice. Then we'll try to watch some of their games during the Summer tournaments (if not playing at the same time) to see if she would have a chance of making the team and starting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Biggest challenges on defense within A is skywalkers, followed by HoCo. Among top 4 teams. all have solid defenses buy Coppermine is probably the weakest of the four.

Really? I would have said opposite about Coppermine…and I’m not a Coppermine parent. I think M&D will be looking for solid defenders…as well as probably Crush. Agree on Skywalkers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is good info. Similar question, of the A teams, from a Midfield perspective (especially top 5) which of those teams needs the most help at the Midfield position? Obviously all teams have a strong player/s at that spot but there are some that seem weaker at that spot than others. But it's hard to see everyone as the PP has said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is good info. Similar question, of the A teams, from a Midfield perspective (especially top 5) which of those teams needs the most help at the Midfield position? Obviously all teams have a strong player/s at that spot but there are some that seem weaker at that spot than others. But it's hard to see everyone as the PP has said.
Add attack too...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine, M&D and Heros have good depth there, the first two probably not looking to add any midfielders without moving current ones to other positions. Heros probably a little less depth as they go to second line than the first two. As for MD United, the two times I saw them this spring didn’t sub out 2 of their middies much, if at all, so I guess I would have to surmise they have the most need out of the teams in playoffs to add depth. Sorry I have not seen Crush this year but I’m sure someone else could comment there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone gone through the registration process for AU and know what the team structure is like? Are there two MD teams? Or are they mixed grades?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone gone through the registration process for AU and know what the team structure is like? Are there two MD teams? Or are they mixed grades?

Last year the 27s and 28s were together and you got assigned your team when you got there. They had 2 MD teams and the the others were a mix of all regions.

I assume it will be a 28/29 grouping this year. There is obviously enough girls for a MD regional team(s), but how the other teams are structured will probably depend on how many try out from other areas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush will be folding soon. No way they hold on to good players without playing in the best tournaments. Watch the 26 team this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

28s and 29s combined for the event but sign up separate. Not sure how many teams. Everyone signs up under MD code. What will be interesting is if the MD kids from DE tryouts are combined or separate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw that MDU went the way of Robinson Sports and M&D and sold out to True Lacrosse... will this be a good thing or a bad thing? Fees will go up for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush will be folding soon. No way they hold on to good players without playing in the best tournaments. Watch the 26 team this summer.

They won't fold. They have a place. They are the most affordable MD travel club out there. However, they won't be an A team much longer. Ultimately, they will be a better version of WAYS and Legends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

28s and 29s combined for the event but sign up separate. Not sure how many teams. Everyone signs up under MD code. What will be interesting is if the MD kids from DE tryouts are combined or separate

The MD tryouts had players from VA trying out for VA. I'd imagine the same holds true for MD and DE, where MD players are trying out for the MD team even if they are at the DE tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most of their top 26 players left last summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The MD tryouts had players from VA trying out for VA. I'd imagine the same holds true for MD and DE, where MD players are trying out for the MD team even if they are at the DE tryout.

Did the girls get acceptances for AU yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, ours got the acceptance yesterday and was at the MD tryout but for the VA team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We got ours yesterday evening

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, ours got the acceptance yesterday and was at the MD tryout but for the VA team.

So was your daughter accepted for the team in MD or she will be playing for the VA team?

Were the same evaluators at all of the regions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does everyone who didn’t make it get an email either way?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“ Did the girls get acceptances for AU yet?”.
Yesterday, but we will not participate. After the tryouts, it’s not what we thought it was. The evaluations were a joke and we decided it’s an overhyped event only used to make money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, you tried out for the MD team, but made the VA team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you didn't get accepted you will get an email that you were waitlisted

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yesterday, but we will not participate. After the tryouts, it’s not what we thought it was. The evaluations were a joke and we decided it’s an overhyped event only used to make money.

Will agree to tryouts weren’t run that well. Hopefully the camp is better. People seemed to like it last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, you tried out for the MD team, but made the VA team?

Pride and STARS played eachother in NGLL on the day and same time of the VA tryouts, so they said to come to the md tryouts, but they could tryout for VA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will agree to tryouts weren’t run that well. Hopefully the camp is better. People seemed to like it last year.
I heard mixed feedback…some liked it and others will not go back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree it could have been better. But if you think that was a bad tryout, wait a couple years for American Select or UA tryouts.

I actually thought they did well with the time they had. (Wish it was 2.5 hours like older girls). Biggest complain was the initial grouping of girls. Most girls from top clubs were all together. A challenge for the girls who were not in the top 2 groups

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weekend Predictions?

M&D vs MDU - I’ve got MDU by 4
Coppermine vs Hero’s - Give me Coppermine by 2

MDU v Coppermine - I’ll take MDU by 1