BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 222 of 267 1 2 220 221 222 223 224 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yeah Crabs current roster should be concerned with Looney's kids coming their way.....they should start planning on finding another team.

Agree...The Hardshells look very much forward to our new teammates from Looneys!!!

Or they can join a 30+ kid roster full of holdbacks and kids that fly in from out of state. Imagine peaking in life because your son is on crabs. Is it all you dreamed it would be?

There are many fathers on this forum outside the Crabs who live and breathe this stuff to a point of insanity. Worry about your own kid. Makes you wonder why?

Easy there Karen, Here you are lecturing us about what we live and breathe.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
actually there were no 2006 birthdays

Since you are in the know, how about listing the number of birthdays on the Crabs roster by month from January thru August of 2007? No names.

How about how many crabs kids on on roster born between September 1 2007-August 31, 2008. Those are the on age 2026 kids.

most of them are on age, they have 4 holdbacks

They are majority prefirst and holdbacks. Less than 5 are on age . There is nothing wrong with it either. MIAA students/players are on the older side. If you want to compete and play in MIAA, you better be older holdback/prefirst. Dont like it, go rec and play public HS. If MIAA is your goal. Well then join the club and be older. Real simple, and it is within the rules here in MD club and elsewhere.

holdback dad, You are part of the problem. Tell your kid to work harder and stay in his own grade.

Having the MIAA be your "goal" is a really good example of bad parenting. Congratulations. Your son can play a game and beat up on younger kids. Nobody outside the triangle gives a hoot about the MIAA. I'd love someone to do an analysis of MIAA players in the NCAA tournament. What percentage come from MIAA schools?

Make sure your kids are educated. Make sure they actually love the game. Make sure they actually get to play.

Guy who scored winning goal for Penn was from BL, Guy who scored winning goal from Blue Hens was from McD , Guy who runs Yale offense is from BL. 25 year old lefty on MD is from BL, Harvard attack was from Gilman, list is pretty big. Almost all are holdbacks , McD player , I believe was older but still decided to repeat. ..
It is the world we live in here in MD

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Truth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guy who scored winning goal for Penn was from BL, Guy who scored winning goal from Blue Hens was from McD , Guy who runs Yale offense is from BL. 25 year old lefty on MD is from BL, Harvard attack was from Gilman, list is pretty big. Almost all are holdbacks , McD player , I believe was older but still decided to repeat. ..
And it’s embarrassing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE over TRUE

Best goalie runs the DMV

Who says something like this?
The same chest pounding dad who boasted on this forum that his son would only play with 2025s because on age play was beneath his son. That lasted less than one season.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE over TRUE

Best goalie runs the DMV

The same chest pounding dad who boasted on this forum that his son would only play with 2025s because on age play was beneath his son. That lasted less than one season.
Hahahahahahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And it’s embarrassing.
But clearly yields results, and is still driven by what college coaches want

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE over TRUE

Best goalie runs the DMV

Same guy who's wife made him wear her boots for a year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Current players that are 24+ years old has more to do with Covid extensions than anything else

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE over TRUE

Best goalie runs the DMV

Same guy who's wife made him wear her boots for a year

Drop it Kojak(s) and focus on the game this weekend. My guess is you're gong to have your hands full.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't be naive. Dozens and dozens of MIAA players are currently listed as 2022 commits on Inside Lacrosse. The current top player of the year candidate, Logan Wisnauskas, is a 6th year UNDERGRAD. He's going to be 26 this year. Maryland has something like 22 grad and senior players on the 45 man roster. But that's college and I definitely think there needs a better defining of class divisions at HoCo.

Wisnauskas is 23

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Current players that are 24+ years old has more to do with Covid extensions than anything else

BINGO!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

BINGO!

Check the top players in the MIAA and see how many are on age...……..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't be naive. Dozens and dozens of MIAA players are currently listed as 2022 commits on Inside Lacrosse. The current top player of the year candidate, Logan Wisnauskas, is a 6th year UNDERGRAD. He's going to be 26 this year. Maryland has something like 22 grad and senior players on the 45 man roster. But that's college and I definitely think there needs a better defining of class divisions at HoCo.

Wisnauskas is 23

He was born June 17th 1998, so let my public school education do the math here.......he is 24, and will be 25 on June 17th.

Not everyone that goes private is smart.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This sport never grow to its full potential until USA lacrosse stops with allowing holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wisnauskas is 23

He was born June 17th 1998, so let my public school education do the math here.......he is 24, and will be 25 on June 17th.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but if the kid was born on 6/17/1998, he'll turn 24 on 6/17/2022. If you're not being sarcastic, wow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This sport never grow to its full potential until USA lacrosse stops with allowing holdbacks.

I don't think that on-age or off-age makes much of a difference in the growth of the sport. What does make a difference may surprise you.

The Aspen Institute has been studying this for some time.

There is a growing belief that early participation in club lacrosse is resulting in a slowing of growth of the sport at the middle and high school ages. Kids who go out for lacrosse at school who have not been playing club find themselves at a significant disadvantage versus kids who have been playing for several years. In many cases, they see the competition and walk away.

See this article for more info: https://www.aspenprojectplay.org/state-of-play-2020/ages-13-17

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wisnauskas is 23

Check your public school math again. He’s 23. Turning 24 in June.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think that on-age or off-age makes much of a difference in the growth of the sport. What does make a difference may surprise you.

The Aspen Institute has been studying this for some time.

There is a growing belief that early participation in club lacrosse is resulting in a slowing of growth of the sport at the middle and high school ages. Kids who go out for lacrosse at school who have not been playing club find themselves at a significant disadvantage versus kids who have been playing for several years. In many cases, they see the competition and walk away.

See this article for more info: https://www.aspenprojectplay.org/state-of-play-2020/ages-13-17

Any stick and ball sport could be substituted: golf, tennis, baseball, hockey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wisnauskas is 23

Exactly, Graduating at the same age as all Graduates at UMD. LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wisnauskas is 23

Exactly, Graduating at the same age as all Graduates at UMD. LOL.

I think we have a private school troll.............

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait crabs has holdbacks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know when GHCLC will post the playoff game times?

Posted... enough of holdbacks, Crabs and D1 ages in a 2026 forum...

True vs Crabs
DCE vs Hawks

Should be good weekend for these teams...

Will DCE be the new #RUNDMV or Maryland run the HOCO league...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True vs Crabs
DCE vs Hawks

holdback discussion will never go away until it’s stop. #playyourage

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wisnauskas is 23

Incorrect. Not everyone WHO goes to private is smart.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wisnauskas is 23

Incorrect. Not everyone WHO goes to private is smart.

Wronged. Ain’t everybody that goed to private smarted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great Weekend of Lacrosse at the 2026s

Game 1 - Crabs 12 - True 4
Game 2 - DCE 8 - Hawks 7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True vs Crabs
DCE vs Hawks

Good luck to the playoff teams this weekend. Last weekend ever of HOCO for 2026 class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Game 2 - DCE 8 - Hawks 7

Of the Final 4, I'd say that while they deserve to be there, True is probably a little over matched. After that, any of the 3 can win it all on any given day. Let's see if Crabs and Hawks can make it a rematch of last year. Good teams all around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Game 2 - DCE 8 - Hawks 7

Crabs 14 - True 5 Just better and will have Fla kids for Playoffs

Hawks 9 DCE 6 DCE struggles to score

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True vs Crabs
DCE vs Hawks

DCE could care less about running anything. Just want our kids to get better and play as many games as possible. Earned an extra one on Saturday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys know 4 from looneys is going to crabs? SC's son

Pretty sure they would need to tryout and actually make the team before given a spot. I can see 1 maybe 2 being able to make it.

Sure because rosters aren’t already set before tryouts. Everyone knows that’s decided way before. The head crab coach wasn’t even at tryouts the second day last year. Get ready they’re coming.

Yeah Crabs current roster should be concerned with Looney's kids coming their way.....they should start planning on finding another team.

Idk about the other players because that’s already a pretty full roster but the Looney’s goalie is definitely better than the crabs’ current goalies. I’d be shocked if he didn’t take one of those spots. Does anyone know where he goes to school?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure they would need to tryout and actually make the team before given a spot. I can see 1 maybe 2 being able to make it.

Sure because rosters aren’t already set before tryouts. Everyone knows that’s decided way before. The head crab coach wasn’t even at tryouts the second day last year. Get ready they’re coming.

Idk about the other players because that’s already a pretty full roster but the Looney’s goalie is definitely better than the crabs’ current goalies. I’d be shocked if he didn’t take one of those spots. Does anyone know where he goes to school?

Duke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He’s going to Loyola and I am going to politely disagree. The two Crabs goalies are excellent; one going to BL and the other Mcdonogh. The Looney’s goalie is as good with those 2 but not better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

BINGO!

It is what it is,,But the holdnback world for all sports is one ugly aspect of sports prior getting paid. Lacrosse is higher on % of players than others. Spin away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Anyone know when GHCLC will post the playoff game times?

True vs Crabs
DCE vs Hawks

Going with the Crabs 2025.

DCE could care less about running anything. Just want our kids to get better and play as many games as possible. Earned an extra one on Saturday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could everyone take a second and realize what the total picture looks like for the most stand out player(the holdback, Hawks dad’s son, Predators full line, Team 91, DCE Goalie 🙄) or the average “Joe Schmoe” is? P.L.L. salaries are in the neighborhood of averaging $35,000 in the 2021 season, according to the league. Even if u you our kid gets a full scholarship, the kid will still need to make a living outside of sports. Just stop making 14 year olds a “must do or die” thing—- it’s not. You sound so notIntelligent. The next four years of puberty will determine your kids future. Not to mention hard work and positive attitude. Let’s grow up. If you need to put others down, go to the elementary forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am hearing about a lot of movement this summer within the HOCO club scene and with some teams appearing to be folding these kids will be scrambling to find a place to play for theirHS years. I see FCA being rewarded the biggest in terms of talent movement with a few scattered around the area with 91, Crabs, Hawks and DCE. This is the last year for movement and there are going to be a lot of parents settling for teams they never imagined their sons to be playing on (Predators, Hardshells or a 2027 team 😬)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am hearing about a lot of movement this summer within the HOCO club scene and with some teams appearing to be folding these kids will be scrambling to find a place to play for theirHS years. I see FCA being rewarded the biggest in terms of talent movement with a few scattered around the area with 91, Crabs, Hawks and DCE. This is the last year for movement and there are going to be a lot of parents settling for teams they never imagined their sons to be playing on (Predators, Hardshells or a 2027 team 😬)

FCA or 91 should be knocking down Looney’s door to get their top players. Both of those teams could use their best players. Crabs are already loaded with talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA or 91 should be knocking down Looney’s door to get their top players. Both of those teams could use their best players. Crabs are already loaded with talent.

All those kids are headed to Predators. The deal is complete.

Like Reply Quote
Page 222 of 267 1 2 220 221 222 223 224 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard