Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Bearded_Kaos - 07/02/22 12:12 PM
Boys 2031-3rd Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 10:47 AM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 10:40 AM
Girls 2025-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 10:10 AM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 10:10 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,151
Posts341,334
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 39 1 2 3 4 38 39
Re: MD Girls 2028
loyo29 #379930 05/18/22 06:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any non-participating parents going to take their daughters to watch the final four and championship game this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #379934 05/18/22 07:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do you think there will be a lot of movement back and forth WITH IN the top 5 (Coppermine, MandD, Heros, MDU, Crush)

OR

Do you think the summer roster additions will come mostly in the form of top players from the tier 2 clubs trying out to make the the move into the top tier?
My daughter will be trying out for Skywalkers, Coppermine, or M&D. Leaning towards Skywalkers.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379963 05/18/22 08:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask any MDU parent if that club helped the in recruiting process.

Current 2023 recruits: Skywalkers: 29 (25 D1, 2 DII, 2 DIII)

M&D: 24 (19 DI, 2 DII, 3 DIII)

Heros: 25 ( 20 DI, 5 DII)

MDU: 26 (15 DI, 9 DII, 2 DIII)

Coppermine: 12 (3 DI, 4 DII, 5 DIII)

Integrity: 6 (2 DI, 3 DII, 1 DIII)

Seems like MDU is doing well in recruiting for not being considered one of the "Big 3". If the club doesn't help then congrats to those players and parents

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379983 05/18/22 09:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think there will be a lot of movement back and forth WITH IN the top 5 (Coppermine, MandD, Heros, MDU, Crush)

OR

Do you think the summer roster additions will come mostly in the form of top players from the tier 2 clubs trying out to make the the move into the top tier?
My daughter will be trying out for Skywalkers, Coppermine, or M&D. Leaning towards Skywalkers.

will you try out for multiple if the dates don't over lap, or making your final decision prior to tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379986 05/18/22 10:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

will you try out for multiple if the dates don't over lap, or making your final decision prior to tryouts?
Would like to, but I believe they all have tryouts the week...we'll make our decision beforehand.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #379990 05/18/22 10:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

Multiple. With NGLL over, we have reached out to the coaches to let them know we intend to come to tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379996 05/18/22 10:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

Multiple. With NGLL over, we have reached out to the coaches to let them know we intend to come to tryouts.

And if Tryouts are on the same day, what is your plan of attack?

We are hoping to try out at more than 1 club as well and are curious how others are handling the possible overlapping schedules.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379999 05/18/22 10:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

Maybe tough as most clubs want you to be there for all the tryout dates:
M&D: July 11, 4-6 pm & Tuesday July 12, 6-8 pm @ Garrison Forrest
Sky Walkers: July 11, 12 & 14
Coppermine: Week of July 11th

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380013 05/18/22 11:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

Sounds like we will see you at tryouts for some of those! Looks like lots of movement.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380026 05/18/22 11:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

I know the answer is "that's just how they have always done it", but what is the advantage of prohibiting players from trying out for multiple clubs by having tryouts on the same days. I get that you are basically getting committment from the kids if they make it, because they can't try out anywhere else, but don't they also miss out on some potential talent?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #380033 05/18/22 11:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

Sounds like we will see you at tryouts for some of those! Looks like lots of movement.
I thought someone mentioned on another thread, or one of the previous 28 threads, that most movement occurs after their 6th grade year. I'm really looking for a program that focuses on advanced development of the girls. Unfortunately, my daughter's current team and others are being run like a rec team!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380036 05/18/22 12:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

I know the answer is "that's just how they have always done it", but what is the advantage of prohibiting players from trying out for multiple clubs by having tryouts on the same days. I get that you are basically getting committment from the kids if they make it, because they can't try out anywhere else, but don't they also miss out on some potential talent?
I know what you mean, but understand the clubs point of view too. I guess the teams that have tryouts the week after the initial tryout week will get players that didn't make the cut.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380037 05/18/22 12:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

Easiest one to make at 28 age !

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380038 05/18/22 12:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

I thought someone mentioned on another thread, or one of the previous 28 threads, that most movement occurs after their 6th grade year. I'm really looking for a program that focuses on advanced development of the girls. Unfortunately, my daughter's current team and others are being run like a rec team!

I think this NGLL season was very telling. We knew there was a clear top, but similarities among the 5-10 teams was very interesting. They all had a few players who could really help complete the top teams and would would benefit from that next level of player development and playing with equally matched skill levels.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380041 05/18/22 12:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

Easiest one to make at 28 age !
Not too worried about which one is easiest to make...looking for the right fit for her skill set.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 39 1 2 3 4 38 39
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard