BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,137
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Team Long Island
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When and where are the tryouts for Team Long Island?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

usually august at Mt sinai

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do they post it somewhere or is there contact info?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Based on their 2012 information, contact Mike Gongas at mgongas@optonline.net and you can check their web site on the right side content island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Based on their 2012 information, contact Mike Gongas at mgongas@optonline.net and you can check their web site on the right side content island.

Thank you Cage!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's a disgruntled 91 parent who feels his son is better than everyone on the team.
Yes, where did your son play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello I was interested in finding out how the U12 Team Long Island teams are? Do they play in A or B divisions? There web site doesnt say much. Is Team Long Island on the same ability level as Team 91 or Express?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello I was interested in finding out how the U12 Team Long Island teams are? Do they play in A or B divisions? There web site doesnt say much. Is Team Long Island on the same ability level as Team 91 or Express?

At some age groups Team LI is better than team 91 and the express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about the 2020 group? I have seen the 2021 A team and they were really competitive, but never saw the 2020 A team play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about the 2020 group? I have seen the 2021 A team and they were really competitive, but never saw the 2020 A team play.

They were not a strong team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say they are a developing team. They have a faceoff kid that rarely loses, great defense, could use a stronger attack. They have the potential to be great if they could pick up a couple good shooters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what would those be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what would those be?

Based on the most recent performance team LI is better than 91 at the u9 and u10 age group and the cost to participate is roughly half. u11 should be better next year with a couple changes. Solid overall team with a couple weak links. As the kids go through the Team LI program they will play in all the best recruiting tournaments you just won't have an extra 100$ plus fee tacked on to each one that goes to the direcztphdtors wallet. Many the kids on u17 are committed to D1 schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what would those be?

Based on the most recent performance team LI is better than 91 at the u9 and u10 age group and the cost to participate is roughly half. u11 should be better next year with a couple changes. Solid overall team with a couple weak links. As the kids go through the Team LI program they will play in all the best recruiting tournaments you just won't have an extra 100$ plus fee tacked on to each one that goes to the direcztphdtors wallet. Many the kids on u17 are committed to D1 schools.

It is true team li is a strong B team that can beat 91's b teams in u-9 and u-10. Good organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what would those be?

It is true team li is a strong B team that can beat 91's b teams in u-9 and u-10. Good organization.

I have a feeling this is coming from a 91 parent who thinks winning a 4th grade tournament matters. TLI has been around for years and has won national championships and sent many players to D1 and beyond. 91 is still building a program. Look at this years Champ Camp, how many 91 teams there and how did they fair?

91 is building a program and a few teams the directors coach are competitive, but don't knock a program that has been around for years and has achieve significant success.

Express is clearly an established program with results to show.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Slow down killer. Team LI's U9 team can't touch the 91 2022 Smash team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have they played each other? If not then you're the one that needs to slow down with your baseless comments!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what would those be?

I have a feeling this is coming from a 91 parent who thinks winning a 4th grade tournament matters. TLI has been around for years and has won national championships and sent many players to D1 and beyond. 91 is still building a program. Look at this years Champ Camp, how many 91 teams there and how did they fair?

91 is building a program and a few teams the directors coach are competitive, but don't knock a program that has been around for years and has achieve significant success.

Express is clearly an established program with results to show.

Team LI u17 also were the champions of Philly NXT invitational, Dicks Tourney of Champions, and Stowe this year, What Tournaments did Express and 91 u17 win? Keep in mind that the u17 age group is the one that really matters in term of kids looking to play Lax in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No they haven't played each other but recall that you were the one who started the conversation by saying that Team LI was better at the U9 level. I guess they COULD have played at Lax Clash but Smash was too busy playing up in the 4B division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have they played each other? If not then you're the one that needs to slow down with your baseless comments!

The conversation was opened up when a Team LI parent said that Team LI was better than 91 at U-9 and U-10. Then you tell someone else their comments are baseless because they have never played each other, that's funny.

Smash is THE best U-9 team on Long Island end of story. I'm not a 91 parent but I have seen Smash play a few times this summer no team their age comes close. Team LI handled the 2022 B team not A, so lets not get ahead of ourselves with the we are the best. Smash has the record to back up their statement, do you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The conversation was opened up when a Team LI parent said that Team LI was better than 91 at U-9 and U-10. Then you tell someone else their comments are baseless because they have never played each other, that's funny.

Smash is THE best U-9 team on Long Island end of story. I'm not a 91 parent but I have seen Smash play a few times this summer no team their age comes close. Team LI handled the 2022 B team not A, so lets not get ahead of ourselves with the we are the best. Smash has the record to back up their statement, do you?

I heard they have an awesome U-6 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No they haven't played each other but recall that you were the one who started the conversation by saying that Team LI was better at the U9 level. I guess they COULD have played at Lax Clash but Smash was too busy playing up in the 4B division.

Why play up in a B division? Not familiar with the team or age group but seems odd...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

with a name like "Smash" they must be better! Comical!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what would those be?

U-17
U-13
U-10
u-9
All these Team LI teams are in the conversation for being the top LI team in their age group. Crowning a paper champion is just silly, but on any given day these teams can beat anyone at their age and are at a AA level.
U-15
U-14
U-13 (Team 2)
U-12
These teams are all solid A teams but won't beat the top (! or Express teams
U-11
More of a B plus team. Needs a few more players to consistently compete at an A level. Has a core of some very good players.
This is a very good long standing organization that is always competitive and has a history of producing some of the best players of all time! i.e. Rob Pannell and Matt Donowski. It is also a fraction of the cost of the other top clubs. You get a lot for your money!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously, 2022 should be having fun, the parents need to stop. These kids can barely tie their own shoes, let them be kids and enjoy, it gets worse as they get into MS. Stop while you can or your son will not want to play any more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

with a name like "Smash" they must be better! Comical!

Do you? I never said I did, if you know how to read, you would see that I said that you can't say who is a better team when they have not played each other. You are so silly. Get a life!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you? I never said I did, if you know how to read, you would see that I said that you can't say who is a better team when they have not played each other. You are so silly. Get a life!

Duke (16-5) did not play VMI (1-12) this year but I think we can all agree that Duke would win, except if you look at common opponents

VMI beat Manhattan
Manhattan beat Mercer
Mercer beat St Joe's
St Joe's beat UMASS
UMASS beat UNC
UNC beat Duke

Q: who is the best team in the country
A: Who is VMI?

Alex Trebek is looking at the judges for a ruling....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke (16-5) did not play VMI (1-12) this year but I think we can all agree that Duke would win, except if you look at common opponents

VMI beat Manhattan

And Loyola came out of no where to win the NCAA championship last year. You never know with Lax . Can't always go on past performance. Another example is Maryland this year starting as untouchable and then finishing #10. What exactly are you saying? Clearly you know nothing about teamwork and momentum. Sad!
Manhattan beat Mercer
Mercer beat St Joe's
St Joe's beat UMASS
UMASS beat UNC
UNC beat Duke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VMI beat Manhattan

And Loyola came out of no where to win the NCAA championship last year. You never know with Lax . Can't always go on past performance. Another example is Maryland this year starting as untouchable and then finishing #10. What exactly are you saying? Clearly you know nothing about teamwork and momentum. Sad!

Manhattan beat Mercer
Mercer beat St Joe's
St Joe's beat UMASS
UMASS beat UNC
UNC beat Duke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VMI beat Manhattan

Manhattan beat Mercer
Mercer beat St Joe's
St Joe's beat UMASS
UMASS beat UNC
UNC beat Duke

You are an idiot for investing that much time and thought into 9 year old lacrosse. Team LI should pay Smash, get smoked and stop posturing...they can then work their way down by getting beat by igloo, then 91 white etc. no offense to team LI, they are a fine. B team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually you are. So confident... know it all don't you? Just ask the Turtles what happens to the "chosen ones" ! Point is Team LI shows that you don't have donate large amounts of money to be part of a respectable team. We are not looking to win every tourney. just winning about 50% of games helps kids grow the most., A,B,C doesn't matter that much right now. trust me THINGS CHANGE! If They learn how to appreciate victory as well as being humble, the best will rise to the top. If you think you know who the best kids in their age group will be 5 years from now, I promise you , you will be wrong 4/5 times. In the end the good kids are the good kids. They can not ride on the backs of 4-5 great players that are responsible for winning championships. If they learn and have fun, with a taste of both winning and losing, they will be better for it. Once they hit 9th grade, nobody cares that they played on Smash or Crush or even Team LI. They need to show how good they are individually. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VMI beat Manhattan

Manhattan beat Mercer
Mercer beat St Joe's
St Joe's beat UMASS
UMASS beat UNC
UNC beat Duke

The point was people can have an opinion about who is better then whom without those teams having played each other - which was the issue raised and addressed, the next lesson will be on how to quote and post on BOTC so people can follow what you are trying to say and the order in which the posts are being made and not replying in the middle of someone else post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VMI beat Manhattan
Manhattan beat Mercer
Mercer beat St Joe's
St Joe's beat UMASS
UMASS beat UNC
UNC beat Duke

You are an idiot for investing that much time and thought into 9 year old lacrosse. Team LI should pay Smash, get smoked and stop posturing...they can then work their way down by getting beat by igloo, then 91 white etc. no offense to team LI, they are a fine. B team

Actually, we took a vote and you are the idiot - this guy was making a joke and while you ridicule him for wasting time on 9 year old lacrosse you then you suggest a 9 year old team "pay" to get smoked.....silly man

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
... the next lesson will be on how to quote and post on BOTC so people can follow what you are trying to say and the order in which the posts are being made and not replying in the middle of someone else post.
Thanks for raising this issue. (Our moderators spend more time trying to clean up the corrupted quotes than you realize!)

To All : When you quote a previous article, it is critically important that you do NOT change the tags inside the square brackets. Do not change the word "quote" and do not remove an opening or closing bracket. (For those with a technical background, these tags are exactly like opening and closing HTML commands.)

Most importantly, do not post your thoughts in the middle of someone else's post since most readers will not be able to identify the new content that you have posted.

Following those simple rules will make the flow easier to follow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
... the next lesson will be on how to quote and post on BOTC so people can follow what you are trying to say and the order in which the posts are being made and not replying in the middle of someone else post.
Thanks for raising this issue. (Our moderators spend more time trying to clean up the corrupted quotes than you realize!)

To All : When you quote a previous article, it is critically important that you do NOT change the tags inside the square brackets. Do not change the word "quote" and do not remove an opening or closing bracket. (For those with a technical background, these tags are exactly like opening and closing HTML commands.)

Most importantly, do not post your thoughts in the middle of someone else's post since most readers will not be able to identify the new content that you have posted.

Following those simple rules will make the flow easier to follow.

Sorry Cage, Was a mistake! Thought I was at the bottom of the quote

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Sorry Cage, Was a mistake! Thought I was at the bottom of the quote
No problems - sometimes knowing how these deeply nested comments work creates a problem when posting! Thanks for contributing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any info on tryouts for Team LI? Their website indicated that they are next weekend yet no info is posted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any info on tryouts for Team LI? Their website indicated that they are next weekend yet no info is posted.

<<Post Removed>>

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Content Removed
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear from Team LI about practices? I went to Gongas's Wed night clinic the other night and didn't see any Team LI players there. Haven't heard from the coach. I guess there are no fall tournaments or winter league?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear from Team LI about practices? I went to Gongas's Wed night clinic the other night and didn't see any Team LI players there. Haven't heard from the coach. I guess there are no fall tournaments or winter league?

So you come anonymously to an online forum to make a statement like that? to what end? There were no Team LI players there? Was your son there? is he not a Team LI player....I assume you do know your coaches phone number and/or email address? Or, if you received an email from Coach G, you can email him back..... Troll elsewhere....

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard