BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 76 of 114 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 113 114
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SPSG for the next two years.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Moving on, thoughts on favorites in the iaam next year? Not sure which teams are losing significant starters and curious those “in the know” what they think

St Paul’s again. We just reload.

I would love to argue with you but I thought you would struggle this year since you lost an entire team of seniors last year and had arguably a better year. So outside of spsg who will the other teams be

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Movers up Maryvale & Spalding. McD and BM will stay the same. GCS takes a step back. SPGS will be in the mix for a 3 peat, but could take a step back after their juniors grad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Movers up Maryvale & Spalding. McD and BM will stay the same. GCS takes a step back. SPGS will be in the mix for a 3 peat, but could take a step back after their juniors grad.

This is pretty accurate. GCS and McDonogh lose the most talent with GCS not having near the depth to replenish the losses from the 2022 class. McD could get better with the graduation of the 2022 class, may play more team ball. SPSG strength is in the 2023s right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a SPSG parent. We have a good bench of players and should win again next year. BM and McD will have good teams and will compete for the championship, but Maryvale will have challenges. They lose most of their scoring. Spalding loses a some good middies and I don’t know their bench.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD lost 16 seniors, some of whom played the entire game. Only a few players left have the experience on the field. Only two recruits coming in from 2026. SPSG will be very competitive for the next few years and NDP will keep growing with more talent coming in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD lost 16 seniors, some of whom played the entire game. Only a few players left have the experience on the field. Only two recruits coming in from 2026. SPSG will be very competitive for the next few years and NDP will keep growing with more talent coming in.

Isn't the Tarheel-for-life transferring to McD finally?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think you're wrong about 2026 as we know of 4 from Heros green 3 from M&D black 3 from Skywalkers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a pretty safe assessment. GFS may make a minor jump up as well. I have heard GCS is bringing in some late adds that could help with depth. SPGS appears stacked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do believe only one from M&D and one from Skywalkers is going recruited to McD. None of the Hero’s are being recruited not sure if others were recruited or just going.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
N-D-Who???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do believe only one from M&D and one from Skywalkers is going recruited to McD. None of the Hero’s are being recruited not sure if others were recruited or just going.

Believe what you want to believe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Believe what you want to believe.
There is a huge difference in being recruited to a school for lacrosse vs going to the school and playing lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think you're wrong about 2026 as we know of 4 from Heros green 3 from M&D black 3 from Skywalkers

Yes, as several girls are already there. Rumor has it CR recruited them in lower school when he still had carte blanche. /s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are too many teams in the A conference, 14 teams. The B conference has 5, which means that the number one, two and three seeds are automatically in the semis. This needs to change. The IAAM needs to move four or five A conference teams to the B conference. This will make the B conference more competitive, and also allow the A teams that moved down to play competitively. As it stands now, Mercy wins almost every year by huge margins. What true IAAM shouldn’t do is move Mercy up to the A conference. That would be a huge mistake and Mercy would not fair well. Look at who they lost to this year in the A conference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are too many teams in the A conference, 14 teams. The B conference has 5, which means that the number one, two and three seeds are automatically in the semis. This needs to change. The IAAM needs to move four or five A conference teams to the B conference. This will make the B conference more competitive, and also allow the A teams that moved down to play competitively. As it stands now, Mercy wins almost every year by huge margins. What true IAAM shouldn’t do is move Mercy up to the A conference. That would be a huge mistake and Mercy would not fair well. Look at who they lost to this year in the A conference.

Mercy would go winless in A. Gerstell needs to move down. They are just fodder for the other teams in A. Of the other non playoffs teams I would say MDS has not competed in a long time and should be moved down. JC and RPCS competed with teams this year but if they continue poor results than move them down top 2 B up. Top C could move to B and give them 8 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I couldn’t agree more. Think they should have 8 teams in a division, 8 in b division, etc…. This would allow 2 cool things
- home and home games within Division(think old acc basketball)
- move the bottom team in a a division down to b next year and the winner of b to a division next year. (Think premiere league soccer)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This would be counterproductive. No way that Mercy moves up. They would lose big time. The issue would not be fixed. If that happened then the IAAM just traded one bad team for another.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, as several girls are already there. Rumor has it CR recruited them in lower school when he still had carte blanche. /s

I can't speak for all of the years but I can tell you in the years 2011-2015, the years my daughter played for CR at McDonogh the majority of girls that played came through the lower and middle school. He brought in about two to three girls a year from outside of middle school to the upper school entering in their ninth grade year.. The thought that the entire team was recruited is simply not true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I couldn’t agree more. Think they should have 8 teams in a division, 8 in b division, etc…. This would allow 2 cool things
- move the bottom team in a a division down to b next year and the winner of b to a division next year. (Think premiere league soccer)

Stupidest thought ever. A conference with 10-12 is fine. No need for a home and home. Good teams already see search other twice a year including playoffs. Too A team enjoy playing top teams in other regions. B conference needs 8 teams and more competition so the final isn’t 19-2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This would be counterproductive. No way that Mercy moves up. They would lose big time. The issue would not be fixed. If that happened then the IAAM just traded one bad team for another.

With only 5 teams in B, it's ridiculous to think of moving anyone out of B. Definitely should consider moving a couple down from A. I just don't get how A can have so many more teams than B and C. Again, 5 teams in a conference is a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know some Mercy parents. They actually think that they can compete at the A conference. It took all that I had to keep from laughing. Beating up on Park almost every year has given them a false sense of, I was going to say success, but I can’t find the words.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Colgain is right, we just reload!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stupidest thought ever. A conference with 10-12 is fine. No need for a home and home. Good teams already see search other twice a year including playoffs. Too A team enjoy playing top teams in other regions. B conference needs 8 teams and more competition so the final isn’t 19-2.

How does this idea preclude the teams from playing outside of their regions? With 8 teams on conference it would mean 14 games(1 more than they play now) and much more competitive games for all of them. As for seeing teams in playoffs, take a look this year at spsg/gcs matchup. They each destroyed eachother once. Spsg gets the title because of the championship but sadly there was no rubber match.
I Underatand this is hypothetical but your idea to keep it as it is simply doesn’t work. Look at this years standings, literally every team only beat the ones that are ranked lower than them(with 2 total exceptions all year). Stop thinking change is bad as the current methodology is broken and simply isn’t as competitive as it should be since it is the #1 conference in the country consistently

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here’s a solution. Instead of the A conference playing each other twice. We need to move some teams to the B conference, so those B conference teams can be competitive with like teams. The A conference can then schedule more out of conference games with highly competitive public schools and private schools. The B conference will get better because of those A conference teams moving down. This may increase the B conference recruiting efforts when parents see that there are more than five teams in the B conference, and that they are competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here’s a solution. Instead of the A conference playing each other twice. We need to move some teams to the B conference, so those B conference teams can be competitive with like teams. The A conference can then schedule more out of conference games with highly competitive public schools and private schools. The B conference will get better because of those A conference teams moving down. This may increase the B conference recruiting efforts when parents see that there are more than five teams in the B conference, and that they are competitive.

Completely disagree that it would help the recruiting effort of the teams you want relegated. You’d end up with 60 girl rosters on the 8A teams. No player that view’s themselves as a A player would go to one of the B teams. Just ask Mercy Coach how hard it is to get lax first players to even come visit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know some Mercy parents. They actually think that they can compete at the A conference. It took all that I had to keep from laughing. Beating up on Park almost every year has given them a false sense of, I was going to say success, but I can’t find the words.

why do you need to make a comment like this ? do you feel better now ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it’s 100% true. I hope they do go A and learn the hard way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again with the condescension. They may not be a strong enough team to play in the A bracket but there's no need to mock people. These are children you're making fun of. You must be a parent from McD, GCS or St Pauls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much for GHS being the best. Nice win Century.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The anticipation must have been brutal having to wait a whole extra day to post that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again with the condescension. They may not be a strong enough team to play in the A bracket but there's no need to mock people. These are children you're making fun of. You must be a parent from McD, GCS or St Pauls.

Ok Mercy MOM… relax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People have so many strong opinions on here — I love it when they’re wrong!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean AP got outcoached ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So much for GHS being the best. Nice win Century.

Arrogant girls of GHS got humbled and outplayed by the nice girls. Century has the culture you want with the wins to show it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean AP got outcoached ?
It was more important for the coaches to play favorites than win the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Mercy MOM… relax.

Why can't I make a statement when someone like you has to mock me? Are you that insecure?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I made the comment because it’s true. If you don’t accept it, do read it. Mercy would get dismantled by the top 13 teams. Based on this years tournament criteria, they would not make it to the tournament, because the top 10 teams go. That’s why I can make the comment. Do your homework, and it is you who shouldn’t comment!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mercy mom. The truth hurts? Now I feel better. We can keep going if you like. I have more to say.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Little is on fire! Congratulations to Century on the huge W!! It is unfortunate that this game was not the state final. The state needs to get the seeding right.

Like Reply Quote
Page 76 of 114 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 113 114
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard