BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 78 79
MD Girls 2028
loyo29 Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Try this again since the last thread was removed. Let’s keep the dialogue civil so it doesn’t get removed again.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for restarting it. Hopefully people can behave so we can actually keep this one going.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even the 2028 tryout page was locked. Why so much detest against the 2028s lol???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by loyo29
Try this again since the last thread was removed. Let’s keep the dialogue civil so it doesn’t get removed again.

I agree. The dialogue should be civil. Every comment should be something a parent would feel appropriate to say to their 11/12/13 year old daughter(s). I have read many posts that I found informative and helpful. Unfortunately, I have read others that appear to be malicious and intended solely to cast someone else or a group in a bad light. Let's act ethical.

Potter Stewart said: "Ethics is knowing the difference between knowing what you have a right to do and what is right to do."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
28 parents. Keep doing what you do. Reading your daily dysfunctional posts, makes the rest of us feel good about ourselves.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since the Tryout thread got locked, some updated info for M&D Tryouts.

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: Event Links not allowed. Contact us to help promote your event.
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to the 4 playoff teams this weekend. We played 3 of the 4 teams and it should be some great competition!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seeing as useful information is getting lost in the scuffle and the 2028 tryout thread is now locked. This is semi-updated, but obviously you need to check websites for most current info.

M&D: July 11, 4-6 pm & Tuesday July 12, 6-8 pm @ Garrison Forrest
Coppermine: Week of July 11th
Crush: July 19th & July 21st, 7:30 - 9 @ Perry Hall High School
Next Level: July 12th and 18th at Washington Episcopal
Limelight: July 13, 7:15 - 8:30 & July 15 6-7:15 @ Hereford High School
Sky Walkers: July 11, 12 & 14 and July 18-20 Location: TBA
Maryland United: July 15th through 18th MACC facility in Gambrills
Hero's: Tentatively scheduled the week of July 11-15
HoCo: July 18, 5:30 - 7:30 & July 19, 7:30 - 9 @ Blandair Park
FCA: July 18, 19, 24 @ RCPS
PRIDE: July 18 6:30PM – 8:30PM @ The Madeira School, Grass Field
STARS: July 11 St Stephens and St Agnes School-Upper School Football Field, Alexandria, VA
NEMS: July 19. 20, 21 Rutledge Park, Jarrettsville
RENEGADES: July 19, 2022 Supplemental Tryout : JULY 25, 2022 BLANDAIR PARK, Columbia
CCLAX: July 13 & 14 (Grad Yr 26-32) July 20 (Makeup Tryout) Location: Annapolis High School

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully this doesn't turn into a bash fest but we are looking at Maryland clubs and curious to how/where the MDU club falls in the High School years. Does MDU have a strong recruiting track record? Do their top players stay with MDU through HS or do they leave after 7th or 8th grade and go to the "Big 3"? It looks like their 28 team is their best team out there and from what we have seen/played, they are very very good. Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland United does have a strong track record in recruiting and just partnered with True Lacrosse to upgrade facilities as well as social media presence which they severely lacked. The winter and fall practices will now be held at Moose Lodge in Glen Burnie which is more convenient for many living outside of Anne Arundel county that they hope to attract as they grow their footprint. They have 28 total college commits so far from their 2023 class which is quite impressive, but not well publicized. The 2028 team is very strong and the expectation is that the core will remain intact and they will add additional talent this summer.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should be able to find recruiting information (past recruits, schools recruited to) on any club's website. As someone who has an older daughter I will say that there are girls getting recruited to colleges now from way more clubs, cities, areas, states, etc then ever before. Being at the big three of MD and the top two in NY does not mean you will automatically get recruited above other girls anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hopefully this doesn't turn into a bash fest but we are looking at Maryland clubs and curious to how/where the MDU club falls in the High School years. Does MDU have a strong recruiting track record? Do their top players stay with MDU through HS or do they leave after 7th or 8th grade and go to the "Big 3"? It looks like their 28 team is their best team out there and from what we have seen/played, they are very very good. Thanks!

I fully understand your concern when jumping into the top pool. No one wants to be seen as a club hopper, and while it is still "early" the likelihood of switching clubs again before high school doesn't seem very realistic. So, anyone outside of the big 3 high school programs is definitely a risk at this point. If you leave a B+ team for MDU only to find out their best players are leaving for M and D, your situation hasn't really improved. If you are new to the top tier lacrosse scene do you take a chance on the up and coming programs like coppermine or MDU, or do you stick with the battle tested Heros, MandD, and Skywalkers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think there will be a lot of movement back and forth WITH IN the top 5 (Coppermine, MandD, Heros, MDU, Crush)

OR

Do you think the summer roster additions will come mostly in the form of top players from the tier 2 clubs trying out to make the the move into the top tier?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that a page continues to get removed regarding the 2028 forum, should be very telling. Clearly there are parents that need to chill out and realize that this is just lacrosse. They are in middle school. There is no need to be bashing to the point of a page having to be removed - more than once.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask any MDU parent if that club helped the in recruiting process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any non-participating parents going to take their daughters to watch the final four and championship game this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think there will be a lot of movement back and forth WITH IN the top 5 (Coppermine, MandD, Heros, MDU, Crush)

OR

Do you think the summer roster additions will come mostly in the form of top players from the tier 2 clubs trying out to make the the move into the top tier?
My daughter will be trying out for Skywalkers, Coppermine, or M&D. Leaning towards Skywalkers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask any MDU parent if that club helped the in recruiting process.

Current 2023 recruits: Skywalkers: 29 (25 D1, 2 DII, 2 DIII)

M&D: 24 (19 DI, 2 DII, 3 DIII)

Heros: 25 ( 20 DI, 5 DII)

MDU: 26 (15 DI, 9 DII, 2 DIII)

Coppermine: 12 (3 DI, 4 DII, 5 DIII)

Integrity: 6 (2 DI, 3 DII, 1 DIII)

Seems like MDU is doing well in recruiting for not being considered one of the "Big 3". If the club doesn't help then congrats to those players and parents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

My daughter will be trying out for Skywalkers, Coppermine, or M&D. Leaning towards Skywalkers.

will you try out for multiple if the dates don't over lap, or making your final decision prior to tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

will you try out for multiple if the dates don't over lap, or making your final decision prior to tryouts?
Would like to, but I believe they all have tryouts the week...we'll make our decision beforehand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

Multiple. With NGLL over, we have reached out to the coaches to let them know we intend to come to tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

Multiple. With NGLL over, we have reached out to the coaches to let them know we intend to come to tryouts.

And if Tryouts are on the same day, what is your plan of attack?

We are hoping to try out at more than 1 club as well and are curious how others are handling the possible overlapping schedules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

Maybe tough as most clubs want you to be there for all the tryout dates:
Sky Walkers: July 11, 12 & 14

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

Sounds like we will see you at tryouts for some of those! Looks like lots of movement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

I know the answer is "that's just how they have always done it", but what is the advantage of prohibiting players from trying out for multiple clubs by having tryouts on the same days. I get that you are basically getting committment from the kids if they make it, because they can't try out anywhere else, but don't they also miss out on some potential talent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

Sounds like we will see you at tryouts for some of those! Looks like lots of movement.
I thought someone mentioned on another thread, or one of the previous 28 threads, that most movement occurs after their 6th grade year. I'm really looking for a program that focuses on advanced development of the girls. Unfortunately, my daughter's current team and others are being run like a rec team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

I know the answer is "that's just how they have always done it", but what is the advantage of prohibiting players from trying out for multiple clubs by having tryouts on the same days. I get that you are basically getting committment from the kids if they make it, because they can't try out anywhere else, but don't they also miss out on some potential talent?
I know what you mean, but understand the clubs point of view too. I guess the teams that have tryouts the week after the initial tryout week will get players that didn't make the cut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

Easiest one to make at 28 age !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

I thought someone mentioned on another thread, or one of the previous 28 threads, that most movement occurs after their 6th grade year. I'm really looking for a program that focuses on advanced development of the girls. Unfortunately, my daughter's current team and others are being run like a rec team!

I think this NGLL season was very telling. We knew there was a clear top, but similarities among the 5-10 teams was very interesting. They all had a few players who could really help complete the top teams and would would benefit from that next level of player development and playing with equally matched skill levels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

Not too worried about which one is easiest to make...looking for the right fit for her skill set.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

Not too worried about which one is easiest to make...looking for the right fit for her skill set.

Everyone also needs to remember that especialy as a new player, you have a higher standard to meet. It is very unlikely you make a new team unless you will be one of the 14 or 15 top players. Chemistry matters and almost no experienced coach is going to bring in a new player who is unlikely to get significant playing time. Also, most clubs will try to promote at least one girl from the B team, pretty much so they can say there is a pathway from the B team.

In most non-covid years, top teams seldom bring in more than 5 or 6 outside players. Last two years was a bit more of an abnormality since many teams didn't cut girls after the 2020 summer when there was no NGLL and limited tourneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

Everyone also needs to remember that especialy as a new player, you have a higher standard to meet. It is very unlikely you make a new team unless you will be one of the 14 or 15 top players. Chemistry matters and almost no experienced coach is going to bring in a new player who is unlikely to get significant playing time. Also, most clubs will try to promote at least one girl from the B team, pretty much so they can say there is a pathway from the B team.

In most non-covid years, top teams seldom bring in more than 5 or 6 outside players. Last two years was a bit more of an abnormality since many teams didn't cut girls after the 2020 summer when there was no NGLL and limited tourneys.

The COVID situation being the case, I wouldn’t be surprised to see more movement than is typical this year. Maybe people stayed put longer than they would have otherwise or some teams kept players who are now struggling to keep up.

Obviously some teams are harder to make than others, but every team has areas they want to improve. It might be a good idea to know if those areas match your DDs strengths/position. Unless she’s just good enough to make it regardless. I’ve also heard people recommend you reach out to see if you can join a practice before tryouts just to get a feel for each team…for those who are weighing which tryouts to focus on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

That may be true, but after watching all of the top teams they all have areas where they could improve and several of the lower A teams have girls that could fill some of those gaps. Whether it is a draw girl, speed at midfield or a solid defender, those teams looking to stay at the head of the pack should not be turning away talent for politics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

The COVID situation being the case, I wouldn’t be surprised to see more movement than is typical this year. Maybe people stayed put longer than they would have otherwise or some teams kept players who are now struggling to keep up.

Obviously some teams are harder to make than others, but every team has areas they want to improve. It might be a good idea to know if those areas match your DDs strengths/position. Unless she’s just good enough to make it regardless. I’ve also heard people recommend you reach out to see if you can join a practice before tryouts just to get a feel for each team…for those who are weighing which tryouts to focus on.

I think You are correct about knowing how the strenghts of your daughter and the strengths of the current roster. The top 5 definitely all have different strengths and their top players play different positions. So being an attacker might be harder to break in on for one team and middie another.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OR

This... If you want into a top teams tryout without having them ever seen you, your chances of making their A team is remote. You will get put in the 5th tryout group and the lead coach will probably never even see you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WEEKLY PARENT POLL:

Week 1: In 3 years who will be the top 5 Maryland 2028 girls teams (in order of strength)?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]
Not too worried about which one is easiest to make...looking for the right fit for her skill set.[/quote]

In most non-covid years, top teams seldom bring in more than 5 or 6 outside players. Last two years was a bit more of an abnormality since many teams didn't cut girls after the 2020 summer when there was no NGLL and limited tourneys.[/quote]

Obviously some teams are harder to make than others, but every team has areas they want to improve. It might be a good idea to know if those areas match your DDs strengths/position. Unless she’s just good enough to make it regardless. I’ve also heard people recommend you reach out to see if you can join a practice before tryouts just to get a feel for each team…for those who are weighing which tryouts to focus on.[/quote]

This... If you want into a top teams tryout without having them ever seen you, your chances of making their A team is remote. You will get put in the 5th tryout group and the lead coach will probably never even see you.[/quote]

That is not entirely true. The top girls will still stand out. This isn't high school tryouts. If you think there aren't better girls out there than the bottom half of the roster you are mistaken. You don't think in NGLL the coaches already noticed the top girls on other teams and will be happy to learn that they are coming to try out? Teams want to get better and that means taking the best girls. Some of the girls who have played for the big teams since the beginning (2nd or 3rd grade) but haven't deveolped or put kn the work may find themselves out of a roster spot. That is just a part of competition. And as a parent on that team, you should WANT the coaches looking for the best off season additions, not sitting back while other teams get better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

In most non-covid years, top teams seldom bring in more than 5 or 6 outside players. Last two years was a bit more of an abnormality since many teams didn't cut girls after the 2020 summer when there was no NGLL and limited tourneys.[/quote]

Obviously some teams are harder to make than others, but every team has areas they want to improve. It might be a good idea to know if those areas match your DDs strengths/position. Unless she’s just good enough to make it regardless. I’ve also heard people recommend you reach out to see if you can join a practice before tryouts just to get a feel for each team…for those who are weighing which tryouts to focus on.[/quote]

This... If you want into a top teams tryout without having them ever seen you, your chances of making their A team is remote. You will get put in the 5th tryout group and the lead coach will probably never even see you.[/quote]

That is not entirely true. The top girls will still stand out. This isn't high school tryouts. If you think there aren't better girls out there than the bottom half of the roster you are mistaken. You don't think in NGLL the coaches already noticed the top girls on other teams and will be happy to learn that they are coming to try out? Teams want to get better and that means taking the best girls. Some of the girls who have played for the big teams since the beginning (2nd or 3rd grade) but haven't deveolped or put kn the work may find themselves out of a roster spot. That is just a part of competition. And as a parent on that team, you should WANT the coaches looking for the best off season additions, not sitting back while other teams get better.[/quote]

But you don't think the coaches have already reached out to top girls on other teams? Coaches obviously want more talent, but the amount of talent truly assessed is not what you think it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WEEKLY PARENT POLL:

Week 1: In 3 years who will be the top 5 Maryland 2028 girls teams (in order of strength)?

Too many what ifs to do a full ranking for me...

I think the most complete teams will continue to add talent and grow (MandD and Heros)

The wild cards will be whether or not the "typical" progression of events of middle school to HS club lax happen or not...

Will MDUs top players leave as has happened in the past, or are the confident and Content enough to stick together?

Will Coppermine be able to sell their new product enough to keep their talent? And how many soccer places will jump ship?

Will skywalkers follow the normal path of collecting talent over the next 2 years and emerging in HS as a top contender? (I assume they will absorb Crush talent, they don't even have a HS team.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

That is not entirely true. The top girls will still stand out. This isn't high school tryouts. If you think there aren't better girls out there than the bottom half of the roster you are mistaken. You don't think in NGLL the coaches already noticed the top girls on other teams and will be happy to learn that they are coming to try out? Teams want to get better and that means taking the best girls. Some of the girls who have played for the big teams since the beginning (2nd or 3rd grade) but haven't deveolped or put kn the work may find themselves out of a roster spot. That is just a part of competition. And as a parent on that team, you should WANT the coaches looking for the best off season additions, not sitting back while other teams get better.[/quote]

But you don't think the coaches have already reached out to top girls on other teams? Coaches obviously want more talent, but the amount of talent truly assessed is not what you think it is.[/quote]

As in poaching? I don't know that they would be reaching out unsolicited at this age. Maybe in high school.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard