Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 06:01 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 06:00 PM
Holdbacks
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 05:45 PM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 05:43 PM
Boys 2025-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 05:35 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,160
Posts342,000
Members2,466
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 591 of 631 1 2 589 590 591 592 593 630 631
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #379770 05/17/22 10:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don't be naive. Dozens and dozens of MIAA players are currently listed as 2022 commits on Inside Lacrosse. The current top player of the year candidate, Logan Wisnauskas, is a 6th year UNDERGRAD. He's going to be 26 this year. Maryland has something like 22 grad and senior players on the 45 man roster. But that's college and I definitely think there needs a better defining of class divisions at HoCo.

Wisnauskas is 23

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #379772 05/17/22 10:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]
Guy who scored winning goal for Penn was from BL, Guy who scored winning goal from Blue Hens was from McD , Guy who runs Yale offense is from BL. 25 year old lefty on MD is from BL, Harvard attack was from Gilman, list is pretty big. Almost all are holdbacks , McD player , I believe was older but still decided to repeat. ..
It is the world we live in here in MD

Current players that are 24+ years old has more to do with Covid extensions than anything else

BINGO!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379775 05/17/22 11:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]
Guy who scored winning goal for Penn was from BL, Guy who scored winning goal from Blue Hens was from McD , Guy who runs Yale offense is from BL. 25 year old lefty on MD is from BL, Harvard attack was from Gilman, list is pretty big. Almost all are holdbacks , McD player , I believe was older but still decided to repeat. ..
It is the world we live in here in MD

Current players that are 24+ years old has more to do with Covid extensions than anything else

BINGO!

Check the top players in the MIAA and see how many are on age...……..

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379778 05/17/22 11:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't be naive. Dozens and dozens of MIAA players are currently listed as 2022 commits on Inside Lacrosse. The current top player of the year candidate, Logan Wisnauskas, is a 6th year UNDERGRAD. He's going to be 26 this year. Maryland has something like 22 grad and senior players on the 45 man roster. But that's college and I definitely think there needs a better defining of class divisions at HoCo.

Wisnauskas is 23

He was born June 17th 1998, so let my public school education do the math here.......he is 24, and will be 25 on June 17th.

Not everyone that goes private is smart.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #379779 05/17/22 11:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This sport never grow to its full potential until USA lacrosse stops with allowing holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #379785 05/17/22 11:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wisnauskas is 23

He was born June 17th 1998, so let my public school education do the math here.......he is 24, and will be 25 on June 17th.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but if the kid was born on 6/17/1998, he'll turn 24 on 6/17/2022. If you're not being sarcastic, wow.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379789 05/17/22 11:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This sport never grow to its full potential until USA lacrosse stops with allowing holdbacks.

I don't think that on-age or off-age makes much of a difference in the growth of the sport. What does make a difference may surprise you.

The Aspen Institute has been studying this for some time.

There is a growing belief that early participation in club lacrosse is resulting in a slowing of growth of the sport at the middle and high school ages. Kids who go out for lacrosse at school who have not been playing club find themselves at a significant disadvantage versus kids who have been playing for several years. In many cases, they see the competition and walk away.

See this article for more info: https://www.aspenprojectplay.org/state-of-play-2020/ages-13-17

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379791 05/17/22 11:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wisnauskas is 23

Check your public school math again. He’s 23. Turning 24 in June.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379794 05/17/22 12:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think that on-age or off-age makes much of a difference in the growth of the sport. What does make a difference may surprise you.

The Aspen Institute has been studying this for some time.

There is a growing belief that early participation in club lacrosse is resulting in a slowing of growth of the sport at the middle and high school ages. Kids who go out for lacrosse at school who have not been playing club find themselves at a significant disadvantage versus kids who have been playing for several years. In many cases, they see the competition and walk away.

See this article for more info: https://www.aspenprojectplay.org/state-of-play-2020/ages-13-17

Any stick and ball sport could be substituted: golf, tennis, baseball, hockey.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379814 05/17/22 01:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wisnauskas is 23

Exactly, Graduating at the same age as all Graduates at UMD. LOL.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #379823 05/17/22 01:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wisnauskas is 23

Exactly, Graduating at the same age as all Graduates at UMD. LOL.

I think we have a private school troll.............

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #379953 05/18/22 08:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait crabs has holdbacks?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380006 05/18/22 10:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know when GHCLC will post the playoff game times?

Posted... enough of holdbacks, Crabs and D1 ages in a 2026 forum...

True vs Crabs
DCE vs Hawks

Should be good weekend for these teams...

Will DCE be the new #RUNDMV or Maryland run the HOCO league...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380010 05/18/22 11:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know when GHCLC will post the playoff game times?

Posted... enough of holdbacks, Crabs and D1 ages in a 2026 forum...

True vs Crabs
DCE vs Hawks

Should be good weekend for these teams...

Will DCE be the new #RUNDMV or Maryland run the HOCO league...

holdback discussion will never go away until it’s stop. #playyourage

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380020 05/18/22 11:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wisnauskas is 23

Incorrect. Not everyone WHO goes to private is smart.

Like Reply Quote
Page 591 of 631 1 2 589 590 591 592 593 630 631
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard