Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 06/30/22 04:00 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 06/30/22 03:57 PM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/30/22 03:50 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/30/22 03:03 PM
Boys 2029-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/30/22 02:48 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,148
Posts341,140
Members2,462
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 586 of 586 1 2 584 585 586
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
Anonymous #321077 02/19/21 10:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did any of our 23 or 24 kids get into Under Armor 150?

UA 150 complete waste of time in the middle of summer

Agreed, I don’t know any girls who even tried out. Big waste of time and money if you’re a good player. So many better options!
It's not a "try out". Over 1500 girls applied this year, that speaks volumes. Look at their commitment list - pretty impressive. 2 days of playing games, I don't look at that as a waste of time.

The try I process is the ua board picking top kids based off film. If your kid didn’t make it they weren’t picked because the board didn’t think they were strong enough. They want the best kids because it means they have a better reputation. They’d be idiotic to not take the best kids.

If you made UA team you automatically make it. same with making call back game.
Heard none of the top 23 girls applied.
UA 150 will have some quality competition for 2 days so it’s worth doing if you want to.
Necessary?? not even close.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #321181 02/21/21 11:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed, I don’t know any girls who even tried out. Big waste of time and money if you’re a good player. So many better options!
It's not a "try out". Over 1500 girls applied this year, that speaks volumes. Look at their commitment list - pretty impressive. 2 days of playing games, I don't look at that as a waste of time.

they say 1500 applied ..this is how they bait you and you pay for it. its a business and they are there to make money...but thats how lax is done....

Like Reply Quote
Powderfinger #321262 02/22/21 01:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they say 1500 applied ..this is how they bait you and you pay for it. its a business and they are there to make money...but thats how lax is done....

Girls are waitlisted, girls are waitlisted every year...you only pay for it when you accept the position. It's free to apply so how is anyone being "baited"? I'd be curious what those "better options" are that are out there? Especially with COVID and who knows if D1 schools will be holding any camps/clinics.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321274 02/22/21 03:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Did any of our 23 or 24 kids get into Under Armor 150?

Girls are waitlisted, girls are waitlisted every year...you only pay for it when you accept the position. It's free to apply so how is anyone being "baited"? I'd be curious what those "better options" are that are out there? Especially with COVID and who knows if D1 schools will be holding any camps/clinics.

UNC has their summer camps/clinics up already.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #346825 08/23/21 12:12 AM
S
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
S
Girls Midwest UA Highlight team was an absolute joke! The 3 coaches each took 5-7 of their own kids. Total farce. $150 for the tryout may have been worst LAX $$ ever spent. Throw the trip to Indy in the equation and it
we could have done a 3 day residential camp at a school we were interested in. All the kids were average or below average kids from garbage club teams from MN & MI. They could have randomly selected a better team.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #346826 08/23/21 12:27 AM
S
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
S
Not true at all, UA is a complete money grab and there is absolutely no incentive to take best kids. From what I saw after attending 2 yrs. in a row, the coaches use the platform to repay a handful of their their top summer club clients. Generally speaking, the kids are average to above average players. By no means are the most talented kids selected for the team. I have stated before on here that the 2021 Midwest Command team was an absolute joke. The MI & MN coaches stacked the team with their own kids. Corrigan & UA ought to be ashamed of themselves and refund everyone who tried out. The top few club teams from midwest powerhouse states Illinois and Ohio would have had no problem man handling the final UA team.

Like Reply Quote
SAT1234 #346828 08/23/21 12:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by TAS1234
Not true at all, UA is a complete money grab and there is absolutely no incentive to take best kids. From what I saw after attending 2 yrs. in a row, the coaches use the platform to repay a handful of their their top summer club clients. Generally speaking, the kids are average to above average players. By no means are the most talented kids selected for the team. I have stated before on here that the 2021 Midwest Command team was an absolute joke. The MI & MN coaches stacked the team with their own kids. Corrigan & UA ought to be ashamed of themselves and refund everyone who tried out. The top few club teams from midwest powerhouse states Illinois and Ohio would have had no problem man handling the final UA team.

In the 24 and 25 age groups, AS was where the best talent was at. Look at team rosters at the two events. AS was loaded with the talent and much better teams. Look at the match ups!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #346868 08/23/21 10:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by TAS1234

In the 24 and 25 age groups, AS was where the best talent was at. Look at team rosters at the two events. AS was loaded with the talent and much better teams. Look at the match ups!

How is UA a money grab??? only event that after tryout is FREE!! AS was $750-900 all IN.
hence the best players from Baltimore and Long Island in the 22-23 did UA. the younger group was more split but after the feedback from college coaches i see more trying out for UA next year.
AS definitely easier to make; only one grade per team, being a 25 or 23 is usually extremely hard to make UA because they take the older kids.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #346880 08/23/21 11:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you get feedback from college coach’s regarding UA vs. AS? Clearly in the younger age groups of 24s and 25s , talent and teams were at AS! Only ones being even looked at, at UA were the 22s and 23s. Look at the comp. and rosters of the younger team. Not even close. Sometimes , you get what you pay for. If AS brings back the same girls, you can bet that’s where the top colleges will be looking at 24s next year!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347014 08/24/21 08:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you get feedback from college coach’s regarding UA vs. AS? Clearly in the younger age groups of 24s and 25s , talent and teams were at AS! Only ones being even looked at, at UA were the 22s and 23s. Look at the comp. and rosters of the younger team. Not even close. Sometimes , you get what you pay for. If AS brings back the same girls, you can bet that’s where the top colleges will be looking at 24s next year!

Just because you keep saying it, doesnt make it true

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Powderfinger #347094 08/24/21 12:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just read for yourself, the rosters and the games that were played and by what teams. You can see where the talent and best teams in 24/25 age groups were for yourself. Compare … but, hey congrats on UA, both events were good opportunities to play. We shall see what next year brings?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347106 08/24/21 12:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just read for yourself, the rosters and the games that were played and by what teams. You can see where the talent and best teams in 24/25 age groups were for yourself. Compare … but, hey congrats on UA, both events were good opportunities to play. We shall see what next year brings?

Definitely not true for the 25s, and debatable at best for the 24 age group

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347109 08/24/21 01:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares?? Head coaches were at both events and both events did their job. Neither one was regarded as the better event by the top college coaches. Why are you so hung up on this?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379549 05/16/22 11:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of control parents? You to further east if you want to see out of control, self-serving, vile, me, me, me parents! it's obnoxious - there is no scholarship worth that. i will get a 2nd, 3rd job to pay for school. I wouldn't put my daughter through that

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379684 05/16/22 08:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of control parents? You to further east if you want to see out of control, self-serving, vile, me, me, me parents! it's obnoxious - there is no scholarship worth that. i will get a 2nd, 3rd job to pay for school. I wouldn't put my daughter through that

What are you replying to ?

Like Reply Quote
Page 586 of 586 1 2 584 585 586
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard