BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 56 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 55 56
Re: Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are the rebels that good or was legacy that bad?

Doesn’t matter. What we learned today is venom, then everyone else.

They are both good teams with good coaches and some good talent.

And I think you’re a late learner about venom.

Hahahahaha. Love this!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Rankings:
Venom
Express
Rebels
Legacy
BTB
Igloo
RUSH
S2S
Surge
Turtles

Venom
Rebels
Express (never beat Venom, split on Legacy)
BTB (tied Rebels)
Legacy (downward spiral)
Rush (not enough data)
S2S (beat igloo)
Surge (beat igloo twice)
Igloo (winless vs quality teams)
Turtles (also winless vs quality teams and about to implode)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was the championship game as close as the final score was?

No 8-4 was the final.

No it wasn’t

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A question for a lumberjack parent: what the heck happened yesterday?

They lost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom although very talented is not so far ahead of the other teams as it was proven yesterday and Express was not there!

Is express legit ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MB wouldn’t move surge up, they tried

MB is on paternity leave… I’m sure if they asked to switch early enough it would have been accommodated

It’s over with, but for the record 2 calls were made very early and was not accommodated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Was the championship game as close as the final score was?

No 8-4 was the final.

No it wasn’t[/quot

Ok what was it then ? Obviously not what was posted on tourney machine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Was the championship game as close as the final score was?

No 8-4 was the final.

No it wasn’t[/quot

Ok what was it then ? Obviously not what was posted on tourney machine.

7-4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tourney says 6-4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom although very talented is not so far ahead of the other teams as it was proven yesterday and Express was not there!

Is express legit ?

Who won S2S express play date

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about BTB, and who’s on the team or who has been on the team or who was added to that team. They’re a competitive team when they play in tournaments. I feel bad for their second team. I hope they don’t get too discouraged

There should be no second team for any of these clubs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dune Dawgs play weak competition and are not good. Surge will win the "A" division. Lumberjax should be in the finals against Venom but I can see Rebels putting up a fight. Venom takes the "AA" division. BTB and Igloo are way over their heads playing in this tournament.

This was pretty accurate. Some took exception to the last comment about being in over their heads but as a group BTB 2028’s were a combined 1-5-1 and were outscored 60-17. Igloo AA was 0-3. Frost did well though at 2-1.

Now we are combining A and B teams from clubs to decide how a team did? Ok, got it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Rankings:
Venom
Express
Rebels
Legacy
BTB
Igloo
RUSH
S2S
Surge
Turtles

How is igloo above rush??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tourney says 6-4

7-4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good question

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There should be no second team for any of these clubs[/quote]

Because you said so? What if kids want to play but can’t make an A team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about BTB, and who’s on the team or who has been on the team or who was added to that team. They’re a competitive team when they play in tournaments. I feel bad for their second team. I hope they don’t get too discouraged

Might be the densest comment in a while. So kids that are developing should not have a club or organization to play with?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team played zone defense? Venom?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zone defense in 6th grade tells you the coaches don't have their priorities straight. Prioritizing team wins in a mediocre May tourney over player development. Rebels parents are loud and proud on the board. Would love to hear how they think playing zone in 6th grade is helping their middies and poles become better players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zone defense in 6th grade tells you the coaches don't have their priorities straight. Prioritizing team wins in a mediocre May tourney over player development. Rebels parents are loud and proud on the board. Would love to hear how they think playing zone in 6th grade is helping their middies and poles become better players.

Thanks for your concern, Coach. I'm sure the Rebels will be just fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels

Hilarious. Zone defense in club lacrosse, what a waste.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Might be the densest comment in a while. So kids that are developing should not have a club or organization to play with?

Its rare, at least amongst the big clubs, that there is any real focus on developing 2nd team players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its rare, at least amongst the big clubs, that there is any real focus on developing 2nd team players.

Surge seems to be doing a good job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah yeah we know. I read the 95 or so posts about how great they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Rankings:
Venom
Express
Rebels
Legacy
BTB
RUSH
S2S
Surge
Igloo
Turtles

I think BTB, RUSH, S2S and SURGE should hold the 5th spot together. I believe that on any given day one of these teams beats the other. Very equally matched.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top players will always leave for other programs if they don’t get pulled up to top team. That’s why these B teams have constant turnover.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Rankings:
Venom
Express
Rebels
Legacy
BTB
RUSH
S2S
Surge
Igloo
Turtles

I think BTB, RUSH, S2S and SURGE should hold the 5th spot together. I believe that on any given day one of these teams beats the other. Very equally matched.

Legacy beat rebels in same tourney. They are both solid. Rebels def well coached and better than last year but the zone is a turnoff- they have been playing that since 3rd grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it’s all about playing time. If you’re not getting a lot, you might want to think about playing elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course those kids should play. There should be more clubs, that’s all. The 2nd teams detract from the club in my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Rankings:
Venom
Express
Rebels
Legacy
BTB
RUSH
S2S
Surge
Igloo
Turtles

Surge is an excellent B team. They are in a tough situation finding good matchups. Playing in B tournaments is a guaranteed sweep. At least on the island. Everyone knew they would have no trouble at all last weekend. If they moved up into the other division, they wouldn’t have won a game. I suppose it’s best for them to play up and sacrifice their record for better completion. I don’t know the right answer for that and am glad that I don’t have to make those decisions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Surge is the exception because the best of the best try out for 91 so you get a better runoff. With that said when they were Havoc before becoming surge they were not good. When they cut players from venom, surge benefits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Rankings:
Venom
Express
Rebels
Legacy
BTB
RUSH
S2S
Surge
Igloo
Turtles

Legacy beat rebels in same tourney. They are both solid. Rebels def well coached and better than last year but the zone is a turnoff- they have been playing that since 3rd grade

The rebels went 1-2-1 not exactly lighting the tournament field on fire. Playing zone defense since 3rd grade is irresponsible of their coaching staff or any program that plays predominantly zone defense. Teaching it as a change of pace or situational lacrosse is another story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its rare, at least amongst the big clubs, that there is any real focus on developing 2nd team players.[/quote]

Surge seems to be doing a good job.[/quote]

Surge is the exception because the best of the best try out for 91 so you get a better runoff. With that said when they were Havoc before becoming surge they were not good. When they cut players from venom, surge benefits.[/quote]

I give the kids and parents credit for going to surge after playing for the venom. A lot of others would have tried to find another A team. But I agree, they'll lose to the top teams and beat up "B" teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge coaches care and those players and that team are developing. While they don't have the stud athletes, they are certainly not treated like a typical 2nd team in an organization. Better than most of the top teams in many LI programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels

This should come to no surprise to anyone who knows the Rebels coach. He is the same guy who stayed in the B bracket for PAL to avoid teams like West I, GC and Manhasset etc who all play in the A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge coaches care and those players and that team are developing. While they don't have the stud athletes, they are certainly not treated like a typical 2nd team in an organization. Better than most of the top teams in many LI programs.

You can definitely see that. Maybe some good kids give them a shot and then ya never know. Just what we need another good 91 team lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Rankings:
Venom
Express
Rebels
Legacy
BTB
RUSH
S2S
Surge
Igloo
Turtles

The rebels went 1-2-1 not exactly lighting the tournament field on fire. Playing zone defense since 3rd grade is irresponsible of their coaching staff or any program that plays predominantly zone defense. Teaching it as a change of pace or situational lacrosse is another story.

But if they are winning with zone why does it matter. Kids are closing something right

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Rankings:
Venom
Express
Rebels
Legacy
BTB
RUSH
S2S
Surge
Igloo
Turtles

But if they are winning with zone why does it matter. Kids are closing something right

They went 1-2-1 I hardly call that winning. All it is hiding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Rankings:
Venom
Express
Rebels
Legacy
BTB
RUSH
S2S
Surge
Igloo
Turtles

Because it’s not about winning!!! It’s about developing as a player to get to the next level. Kids aren’t learning how to play defense correctly if they’re going to run zone.

Page 39 of 56 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 55 56

Link Copied to Clipboard