BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 45 of 112 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is NGLL outside of DMV is the a majority of states allow middle school kids to play on high school teams. As a result, many clubs opt not to participate or play with much weakened teams.

If the goal is to get the best clubs at nationals, the solution is to allow non-DMV regions to play their NGLL tourneys/games in the early fall before tourney season. I know for a fact multiple NY clubs have asked for this.[/quote]

Totally agree, early fall would be best

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pride beat them by a couple in the fall. Probably on par with a MD United.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looking at brackets for Lax by sea. Yj, FLG, Heroes and S. Jersey select in same bracket. 3 of the 4 I am familiar with. Does anyone know about FLG?

FLG is second best team on Long Island. They will beat SJ select and lose to hero’s and YJA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moving to Towson area in mid June and have 2 daughters (2027 and 2029) and looking for a good program. Our girls have been playing in Denver area for about 4 years but I know it is really serious here, any suggestions?
Skywalkers

Get your 27 in particular at Skywalkers now. They will pick up a lot of good girls going into 8th and 9th grade and they will become a dominant team. It happens with all their teams.

If your 27 is a strong player get her there now and try to secure her a spot before they get an influx of girls

It does happen with most of their teams. But this 27 team isn't like most.

It would take 10-12 good players to improve this team. Dominant is not gonna happen. Maybe relevant

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moving to Towson area in mid June and have 2 daughters (2027 and 2029) and looking for a good program. Our girls have been playing in Denver area for about 4 years but I know it is really serious here, any suggestions?
Skywalkers

Get your 27 in particular at Skywalkers now. They will pick up a lot of good girls going into 8th and 9th grade and they will become a dominant team. It happens with all their teams.

If your 27 is a strong player get her there now and try to secure her a spot before they get an influx of girls

It would take 10-12 good players to improve this team. Dominant is not gonna happen. Maybe relevant

Their 25 team is good.
26 average at best.
27-29 not good at all.
Think twice. Good players on those teams looking elsewhere instead of waiting to get those 10 to be competitive. Coppermine is the answer. Have the fields. Getting in the better tourneys and looking for good coaches. They will be top 3 in the area soon.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers

6-8 new girls makes them very good, already have solid top
6 or 7 but big drop off from there.

Agree, not typical SW team but they’ll get there imo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers

They said serious.

Yes their 27/28 teams are struggling but I’d put their program up against almost anyone in the country. Their recruiting is 10x better than Coppermine, nems, tlc, HoCo, LBC combined.

“Struggling” is an understatement.
Skywalkers just lost to our M&D team 21-0.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers

They said serious.

Yes their 27/28 teams are struggling but I’d put their program up against almost anyone in the country. Their recruiting is 10x better than Coppermine, nems, tlc, HoCo, LBC combined.

I'm sure M&D wrote this

In all seriousness, consider NEMS or Coppermine. Both getting better each year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers

They said serious.

I'm sure M&D wrote this

In all seriousness, consider NEMS or Coppermine. Both getting better each year

Let’s remember OP is coming from Colorado.

The best team in Colorado Team 180 beat Hero’s white by a goal. No other team is in top 50 in rankings

No offense but if your daughter isn’t a star on team 180 you should probably be looking at B level clubs like TLC or Crush. The talent gap is just too big. You should still try out for bigger clubs especially with your 29 daughter but the talent gap is too big.

Most teams have pretryout clinics. It’s a good place to go to get a real assessment of where you stack up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers

They said serious.

6 girls were out from Covid and 2 from injury.

That is main reason for blowout, not saying they would have won fwiw

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to those in playoff games today. Let’s hope consideration in performance is factored in with what refs get the privilege of doing these games. Can’t have a ref decide the games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers

Their 25 team is good.
26 average at best.
27-29 not good at all.
Think twice. Good players on those teams looking elsewhere instead of waiting to get those 10 to be competitive. Coppermine is the answer. Have the fields. Getting in the better tourneys and looking for good coaches. They will be top 3 in the area soon.

Skywalkers is a program that really begins getting better in 8th grade. It’s not just getting new players but also cycling coaches from the older teams to this age group. You can see it with the 26 team. Only loss in NGLL was to Heros and has been getting progressively better since getting new coach for spring season. Add in a proven track record of recruiting and it should be a consideration for someone looking for a team in the Towson area.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Good luck to those in playoff games today. Let’s hope consideration in performance is factored in with what refs get the privilege of doing these games. Can’t have a ref decide the games.

Refs don't have a vested interest in one team winning.

Not sure what "privilege" you are referring to but getting screamed at by a bunch of parents at 13 year old lax doesn't seem fun to me. This isn't the super bowl where best crews get the honor of reffing.

They are trying their best IMO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like a south further proved how unbalanced the d divisions were today. LBC won 9-6 over Coppermine and BLC 11-5 over NEMS. The M&D - BLC rematch should be gold and hopefully LBC will play a full game this time against Hero’s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have Tryout Dates been posted yet? Would love an idea of what the dates look like.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have Tryout Dates been posted yet? Would love an idea of what the dates look like.
Most big time clubs have tryouts the week of the July 11. The second tier clubs the week after.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So ur saying SW coaches now aren’t good? Or is it the players? Do they usually cycle the coaches? TIA new to all this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like a south further proved how unbalanced the d divisions were today. LBC won 9-6 over Coppermine and BLC 11-5 over NEMS. The M&D - BLC rematch should be gold and hopefully LBC will play a full game this time against Hero’s.

The 4 best teams are left. I'd say regardless of divisions, the playoff final 4 are basically who most intelligent people figured would be there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

28 Parents created a separate thread. Most dates the same for 27s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We knew 5 out of 6 playoffs in March and knew 3/4 semi finals would be.

My money is on M&D vs Heros, what’s not to like. Expect Heros to not let up vs LBC and make sure that loss in November is a thing of the past.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers

if they just got the five best girls from TLC, they would be an NGLL playoff team. Nowhere close to Heros, M&D or BLC, but as good as if not better than Coppermine and LBC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Madskillz is loaded and must be well coached. They can win it all.

Madskilz is fast. They play wide open. Fun to watch. Similar to Aces. But faster. Maybe not as technical. But you are going to get 48 (or however many minutes it is) of full effort from those guys. Did I mention they are really fast?

Madskilz is probably the most athletic 7th grade team I have ever seen. If I was more cynical I'd be asking for birthday certificates or whining about holdback. That said, there is a pretty big gap between them and the Eagle Stix, Heros, M&Ds. Their stick skills are probably at the level of a bottom-A team and their LAX IQ especially on the defensive side is not near what a nation top 5 team should be.. Way too many turnovers which their athleticism can't overcome.

They will blow out some bad teams because of their athleticism and speed. But top teams will take advantage of their turnovers and bad clears. You can't win a top tourney when you will probably give up at least 5 cheap goals a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So ur saying SW coaches now aren’t good? Or is it the players? Do they usually cycle the coaches? TIA new to all this.

It depends on your definition. They are probably one of the top 30 teams in the country, but probably the 10th or best team in Maryland. They would probably beat any team from outside the East Coast.

Girls tend to gravitate to sky walkers closer to 8th and 9th grade after playing for smaller clubs first. Coaching tends to be good however the owner can be very confrontational to say the least which turns many girls away.

Their recruiting record at the high school level is arguably second to none.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The new/current Sw coaches are very good and nice people which is bonus

The guy coach played at a pretty high level and has kid in program

Female coach had the 22 blue team and is coach of Israeli national team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 4 best teams are left. I'd say regardless of divisions, the playoff final 4 are basically who most intelligent people figured would be there.

LBC didn’t separate themselves from Pride or MDU that much imo in NGLL. It was the big three and a gap and it still is that way, fourth best team can change tournament to tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your 27 is a strong player get her there now and try to secure her a spot before they get an influx of girls[/quote]

It would take 10-12 good players to improve this team. Dominant is not gonna happen. Maybe relevant[/quote]

if they just got the five best girls from TLC, they would be an NGLL playoff team. Nowhere close to Heros, M&D or BLC, but as good as if not better than Coppermine and LBC.[/quote]

Based on past results I can’t see how they are better than Coppermine and LBC? I personally didn’t watch them play either team but simply based on scores over the past year I can’t agree with this last statement. Are you saying TLC is done after this year and SW is getting those girls? Will be interesting.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Skywalkers

if they just got the five best girls from TLC, they would be an NGLL playoff team. Nowhere close to Heros, M&D or BLC, but as good as if not better than Coppermine and LBC.

Agree

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LBC, Pride and MDU are alone in that second tier IMO. I had BLC in there too, but after beating M&D, I think you have to lump them in with Hero’s and M&D. It will be M&D and Hero’s in the finals per usual.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg
Skywalkers

Agree

So 2 teams combined 3-13 giving up a combined 175 goals are gonna take 5 girls from TLC to make a playoff team? I'm gonna say that's probably not happening

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LBC, Pride and MDU are alone in that second tier IMO. I had BLC in there too, but after beating M&D, I think you have to lump them in with Hero’s and M&D. It will be M&D and Hero’s in the finals per usual.

Funny. Pride (4-4) and MDU (3-5) finished 5th & 6th in their own division. LBC (6-2) finished 3rd. I think your preseason assumptions are no longer holding. Heck, Integrity (5-3) finished 4th in that division and beat both MDU and Pride.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny. Pride (4-4) and MDU (3-5) finished 5th & 6th in their own division. LBC (6-2) finished 3rd. I think your preseason assumptions are no longer holding. Heck, Integrity (5-3) finished 4th in that division and beat both MDU and Pride.

Look at the scores of those games. I know it’s not realistic to ask people to have actually watched games other than ones their own kid is playing in, but some of us do.

Integrity def better than given credit for, but Pride or MDU could very easily be where LBC is. We are talking about the results of a single game that was in many cases 1-2 goal difference. (LBC vs Pride, Integrity vs Pride, Pride vs MDU, LBC vs MDU, etc)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure I'm quite sold on Integrity either. If they continue to beat the "second tier" teams this Summer, then they have to be included in that tier. They did have a good Spring so congrats to them.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Skywalkers

Their 25 team is good.
26 average at best.
27-29 not good at all.

Really like Coppermine's mids but they seemed to have stalled a little bit, if they get a few more pieces they can take next step.

Having the fields is a non issue unless if you are NEMS who has awful fields. SW, TLC, etc all have access to St. Paul's School for Girls, Friends School and St. Timothy's. All those fields are way nicer than anything Coppermine has at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers

Their 25 team is good.
26 average at best.
27-29 not good at all.

Really like Coppermine's mids but they seemed to have stalled a little bit, if they get a few more pieces they can take next step.

Having the fields is a non issue unless if you are NEMS who has awful fields. SW, TLC, etc all have access to St. Paul's School for Girls, Friends School and St. Timothy's. All those fields are way nicer than anything Coppermine has at this point.

The coaching isn’t a change is a coming to sw!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MDU best team in AACO? Love the Skywalkers post: Advertisement post from a coach to get girls to come out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those that attended AU tryouts, how did it go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MDU best team in AACO? Love the Skywalkers post: Advertisement post from a coach to get girls to come out?

This MDU team has always been an enigma to me. I honestly believe they could beat or lose to any MD A team on any given day.

Just based on the eye test, they are probably a top 4 MD team, but they have some losses that just aren't explainable. They killed Aces Elite in the Fall but got blown out by Gold Coast and barely beat Cavalier. Almost every NGLL game is a 2 goal game regardless of level of opponent.

It was the same last summer. They lose to Coppermine buy then lose to YJA the next day.

it feels like a coaching issue,but haven't seen them enough to really be sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers

Their 25 team is good.
26 average at best.
27-29 not good at all.

Quality of fields is probably the worst excuse ever to change clubs. In fact, I've always said that teams who practice on grass consistantly do better in summer and fall tourneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This MDU team has always been an enigma to me. I honestly believe they could beat or lose to any MD A team on any given day.

Just based on the eye test, they are probably a top 4 MD team, but they have some losses that just aren't explainable. They killed Aces Elite in the Fall but got blown out by Gold Coast and barely beat Cavalier. Almost every NGLL game is a 2 goal game regardless of level of opponent.

It was the same last summer. They lose to Coppermine buy then lose to YJA the next day.

it feels like a coaching issue,but haven't seen them enough to really be sure.

Def not a coaching issue, they both are fantastic with the resumes to back it up.

Gold Coast tournament down 10 girls for fall sports commitments.

Up 7-1 on Cavs, called the dogs off and decided to work on some things, no reason to run up scores.

To your point, yes, feels like they can lose or win against any A team.

As for best in AACo, end of day Integrity beat them 6-5, Integrity can claim that crown until that changes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks to me MDU doesn’t rely on just one or two players. Every kid on the field is highlighted and they have multiple girls who score. The team is learning to play as a team, and is well prepared for the next level. With that, comes fluctuation in performance unfortunately, but they can hang with any team.

As far as AACO, every day it could be someone different. Integrity is good a lot better than given credit, remove a player or two and not sure you would see the same results. MDU is more well rounded and skilled.

Page 45 of 112 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard