BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,649
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely different experience. My son (9th grade)loved the clinic. Felt it was some of the best instruction (defense) he has received in a clinic setting. Coach Danowski gave both lax and life lessons. If my son's tournament schedule allowed for it, he would do this clinic again in a heart beat.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Completely different experience. My son (9th grade)loved the clinic. Felt it was some of the best instruction (defense) he has received in a clinic setting. Coach Danowski gave both lax and life lessons. If my son's tournament schedule allowed for it, he would do this clinic again in a heart beat.

Thanks for the feedback. What's the worst that could happen (aside from the money, whihc is comparable to other camps/clinics)? He learns a little bit from a NCAA champion coach and his staff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA Md beats Team 91 '19 6-5 at fl$ tourney
in Md.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA MD beats 91 2019 (again) to win the championship!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they beat us twice by 1 point and they are an excellent team and a great group of parents on FCA Maryland. I tip my 91 hat to them and they're program and we will meet again on another field on a differant day and play this great game of Lacrosse again.
We went into double othertime sudden death in the Final and it was awesome !!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Long Island

1. 91 Orange Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. 91 White
4. Team LI
5. Express Wolverines
6. Jesters
7. 91 Raiders
8. fl$
9. Riptide
10.Outlaws

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Long Island

1. 91 Orange Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. 91 White
4. Team LI
5. Express Wolverines
6. Jesters
7. 91 Raiders
8. fl$
9. Riptide
10.Outlaws

very fair assessment...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you are on the wrong site... Next year after you hold back your son in8th you can call yourself 2019

2018 Long Island

1. 91 Orange Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. 91 White
4. Team LI
5. Express Wolverines
6. Jesters
7. 91 Raiders
8. fl$
9. Riptide
10.Outlaws

very fair assessment...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Given that the tryout season is just around the corner, from the teams listed below
A). Which teams have some big upside going into the tryouts (only looking for 1 or 2 players).
B). What position does each team need to get to the next level (G, D, M, A, F/O)

This could be helpful for those players looking for a team. If a team has a well established line (or the coaches son's play certain position) I doubt a team is looking in that direction, so please keep this positive so we can potentially steer families to the best option for their player to play (or steered families away from a dead-end tryout which sometimes leads to a donation to the organization)

2019 Team Rankings

Now that the season is over what are the rankings for the 2019 teams ?

Please no negative comments.

1- 91 orange
2- Dune Dogs
3- L.I. Express
4- True Blue
5- N.Y. All Grays
6- fl$
7- Outlaws
8- 91 white
9- Riptide
10 ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is opening a can of worms. Don't u think?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can understand the danger of this and how this may be opening a can of worms but I can also see its benefits. Each player needs to work their hardest at tryouts, it is always nice to know what the team is looking for (if anyone). So you're not wasting your time and money.

Each year there is always a few posts of "why did you take my $$ if you knew you were not filling any roster spot". This could get those out of the way early on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, FCA Maryland is legit. Not a lot has been heard about this club comparatively speaking with the other Maryland select teams. Maybe its because they only do a few local tournaments each year since most of their kids play on the other Maryland select clubs. This is an all-star team and is basically a feeder program to the Maryland catholic high schools - arguably one of the best high school leagues in the country. So there is no shame in losing to this team in the championship. Just a little disappointing because we had them down in the 4th quarter of both games. But they found a way to win both times and deserve to be champs. Funny, some of their parents said they were getting ready for us for weeks - we knew nothing about them. Well, we know who they are now and we will be amped up to play them next year. It will be fun and this time we will be the hunter and not the hunted - refreshing. Congrats FCA Maryland - this was a class group and it was all you could ask for in a championship game - clean, well-played, competitive, and down to the wire. Numerous casual observers asked me "how old the kids were" and were stunned by the answer. Thats a testament to the players on both teams and their coaches. oh and as far as the 91 vs. DD "who is better debate" is concerned - other than a few parents trying to live vicariously through their kids; who cares? The kids dont!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Given that the tryout season is just around the corner, from the teams listed below
A). Which teams have some big upside going into the tryouts (only looking for 1 or 2 players).
B). What position does each team need to get to the next level (G, D, M, A, F/O)

This could be helpful for those players looking for a team. If a team has a well established line (or the coaches son's play certain position) I doubt a team is looking in that direction, so please keep this positive so we can potentially steer families to the best option for their player to play (or steered families away from a dead-end tryout which sometimes leads to a donation to the organization)

2019 Team Rankings

1- 91 orange
2- Dune Dogs
3- L.I. Express
4- True Blue
5- N.Y. All Grays
6- fl$
7- Outlaws
8- 91 white
9- Riptide
10 ?

Just a question did 2019 Terps win a tournament this summer. Based on Express website listings it looks like they didnt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 Team Rankings

1- 91 orange
2- Dune Dogs
3- L.I. Express
4- True Blue
5- N.Y. All Grays
6- fl$
7- Outlaws
8- 91 white
9- Riptide
10 ?

Just a question did 2019 Terps win a tournament this summer. Based on Express website listings it looks like they didnt.

not talking about terms

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is correct the 2019 Wolverines did not win a tournament. Had some tough losses. Great team and a great bunch of parents. The coaching staff was incredibly dedicated had a ton of practices . All the boys grew as players and young men. Thanks for a great season of Lax. So dont try to stir the pot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 Team Rankings

1- 91 orange
2- Dune Dogs
3- L.I. Express
4- True Blue
5- N.Y. All Grays
6- fl$
7- Outlaws
8- 91 white
9- Riptide
10 ?

I think this list is accurate.

Many good teams at this age group. In order to make one of the top teams your kid will have to earn a spot by displacing another good player. There are not too many superstars out there but there is a tremendous amount of talent. I am sure there are a lot of kids out thee who could make these teams if they went to the tryouts. Not all of the best players are playing Club Lacrosse. Also, I am sure that some very good players would not make (the top) teams. (why would a team want to break up good chemistry) I do not pretend to know how all of these teams think but if you want to see where your kid stands bring him to a couple of tryouts. Even if he does not make the team you will see how he compares to the other 100 or so kids on the field. Having your son go to a tryout will also be a good experience (7th grade does not matter) but tryouts can be used to help a player by getting him out of his comfort zone (his town team) .

Remember, not all of the best kids play for the best team. These boys are going into 7th grade and we will see a lot of change over the years to come. Good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express didnt win out any tournaments. riptide plays "b" ball. grays lost to outlaws in final .team li "b" undefeated all summer. all good teams. just saying

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is correct the 2019 Wolverines did not win a tournament. Had some tough losses. Great team and a great bunch of parents. The coaching staff was incredibly dedicated had a ton of practices . All the boys grew as players and young men. Thanks for a great season of Lax. So dont try to stir the pot.

So the top team is Wolverines? Thought it was Terps. Why is it stirring the pot? If I want my kid to tryout for a team can't I inquire? All those things you say about the team are great and will be taken into consideration.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am new to this board but I am really hoping for some serious replies without all the drama. I am looking for a 2019 team for my son, we just moved here from Florida and I am looking for a quality team. Is it possible you give me a rundown of the top teams I should contact for 2019?
Thank you and please no arguing, I am seeing all these try outs and feeling a little overwelmed at where to look.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do you live and how far are you willing to travel 2 or 3 times a week for practice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do you live and how far are you willing to travel 2 or 3 times a week for practice?

I agree- this should be a consideration. If your kid is solid, picking a team near by may make your life that much better and lax that much more enjoyable for your son. If your son is a top lax athlete for his age, then you may want the very best team- which may mean more travel, which is not always easy, especially if no one else in your area plays for that team- so all the driving around the rush hour practices is up to you. For some the travel to and from practices is not a big deal, but if you have a few kids in different sports or that play for different clubs, this can be an issue. Not the number one concern in the big scheme of things, but something to add to the equation when researching and choosing which clubs to try out for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of talented teams in the 2019 bracket:

- Dune Dawgs: The top team, most boys will return next year, mostly hand-picked, not many open spots. Only negative, parents can be a little nutty.

- 91: One of the top 3 teams, great coaching, lots of year-round training from former MLL & D1 players. Fastest-growing program on the Island

- Express Wolves: Talented team, probably #3 behind DD & 91. You want to be on the 'A' (Orange) team. Parents have had issues with the the lack of attention paid to the 'B' & 'C' teams. Only concern is if the same staff coaches next season

fl$: Not as deep as the top three teams but well coached, plays everyone equally and has a strong track record with college recruiting for the older boys. Tends to attract Manhasset, GC & CSH families.

True Blue: Very competitive team, head coach is great with the boys. They have had some growing pains trying to beat the top three teams

Jesters, Outlaws, Checkmate: Not as competitive but haven't heard any real negative experiences from parents

I am new to this board but I am really hoping for some serious replies without all the drama. I am looking for a 2019 team for my son, we just moved here from Florida and I am looking for a quality team. Is it possible you give me a rundown of the top teams I should contact for 2019?
Thank you and please no arguing, I am seeing all these try outs and feeling a little overwelmed at where to look.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say that is a fair accessment take your pick.

- Dune Dawgs: The top team, most boys will return next year, mostly hand-picked, not many open spots. Only negative, parents can be a little nutty.

- 91: One of the top 3 teams, great coaching, lots of year-round training from former MLL & D1 players. Fastest-growing program on the Island

- Express Wolves: Talented team, probably #3 behind DD & 91. You want to be on the 'A' (Orange) team. Parents have had issues with the the lack of attention paid to the 'B' & 'C' teams. Only concern is if the same staff coaches next season

fl$: Not as deep as the top three teams but well coached, plays everyone equally and has a strong track record with college recruiting for the older boys. Tends to attract Manhasset, GC & CSH families.

True Blue: Very competitive team, head coach is great with the boys. They have had some growing pains trying to beat the top three teams

Jesters, Outlaws, Checkmate: Not as competitive but haven't heard any real negative experiences from parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correction: Re: Express: The only concern is who will coach next year. The present coaching staff is excellent but Express directors have a history of taking over from 7th grade onwards

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish someone would take the time and chart out the team try outs for this age.

Team - Date - Time - Location

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish someone would take the time and chart out the team try outs for this age.

Just click on the above links and they will give you the information. You also have Riptide and Legacy which are good organizations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should we arrange pickup for your child to ???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's pretty funny!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In no real order just what BOTC had.

Outlaws 8/25 9am Shunt library
9/14 3:30 stimson
$100

Team 91 9/7 3pm Farmingdale State
9/14 3pm
???

fl$ 9/7 2pm cedar creek
9/8 call back only?? $125

Recon 9/29 6:30 Plainview BP HS
$40

LI Rev 9/7 6pm Tully
10/5 6pm
$25

True Blue 9/21 3pm Cantiague
9/22 6pm FOD
$65

Legacy 9/15 9am E.I. Marina
9/21
$50

Jesters 9/21 Mitchell
9/22
$75

Turf Island 9/7 5pm Poppy ave FS

Threshers 9/7 11 vet memorial NP
9/14 9am
$60

Tomahawks 9/30 1pm ST marys
$50

Hitman 8/18 1pm bellmore JFK HS
free

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think "Travel" teams are your thing...Do you have any idea how much scheduling there is with Hotels, Field changes, travel directions, traffic, where to eat etc. You want someone to do the work for you already ??? Jeezzzzz..Stay with PAL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes I do know what goes into it ( it isnt as hard as you think) and many of the families of the teams I have been on were very thankful 4 what ive done. Actually for the money we've paid for travel teams you would think all that you detailed would be laid out for you.

btw - I was just saying that for a poster who said they were new to the area (from fla). being helpful, this time of year is very difficult to navigate when you think you know what is going on let alone when youre not from the area. (And PAL has turned into a joke suffolk teams playing nassua no real assesment of teams to get like eams playing. no real enforcement of "borrowing" etc etc)

I don't think "Travel" teams are your thing...Do you have any idea how much scheduling there is with Hotels, Field changes, travel directions, traffic, where to eat etc. You want someone to do the work for you already ??? Jeezzzzz..Stay with PAL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the breakdown for the top (3) 2019 A (elite teams) in no specific order:

express--great kids, college coaches from 20 years ago or so, expensive for what you get, all about winning but did not win any tournaments this year and nutty parents. Maybe a lot more spots open this year since they did not win and rumor has it all the coaches are gone.

91--great kids, college coaches from 20 years ago or so,
expensive for what you get, all about winning but do not win all the time and nutty parents. Maybe one or two spots open becuase they had a good year.

Dune Dawgs--great kids, current college coach,
fairly priced for what you get, all about winning and win all the time, and nutty parents. Maybe one or two spots open becuase they won every tournament this year.

Then there is the rest of the travel temas, all are good but can not compete with the three top teams right now. I think they all have nutty parents as well.

Hope this helps when making your decision for trying out for a travel team.

As long as your kid develops as a player year in and year out any team will be good for them. It is all about the coaching and the kids he plays with (friends) when making the final decision. Leave the social aspect of the parents out of it, the parenst time is over its about the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And your a disgruntled parent because your kid is not good enough to make those teams. You have the ordacity to point fingers at these teams like your some lax parent god. Your calling those parents nutty! Your nuts for commenting the way you did. At least you said the kids are good kids. Lol! My kid doesn't even play on these teams and you pissed me off with that comment. Now lets see your assessment on the other teams like 91white true blue jesters outlaws all greys riptide and fl$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ordacity?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Slow down, whether the writers son is good enough or not has no bearing on what was written. I don't see what was written as far from the truth and nothing specific, very general.

• All AA teams are out to win (as they should).
They said all kids were great.

• And quite honestly, all folks are a bit nutty - I know I am.

[*]I believe someone earlier in a post stated Express likes to change up coaching in 7th grade (not sure).

Please read the post again, and remember tryouts aren't to far off. Enjoy that your son is making friends on his team and across other organizations.

If you are new to the scene then yes there are some other teams (listed on right) and those teams listed in the post have more teams in this age group. Those would be the teams I would be interested in hearing about (because I am nosey/nosy).

Also remember when new organizations start it at times maybe at the expense of another organization. And don't bash a kid for leaving a team, they are doing what they thought was best (you never know their individual situation). and lastly some kids may get cut from a team, good bad or indifferent it happens. If you liked the kid and family while on your team stay close you will see them on the field the next few years.

My son has been on 3 different teams. I can honestly say even after leaving, I am still friends with more than half of the families and more importantly my son talks with his old teammates regularly and when they see each other at the fields it is nice to see.

I would love it if the best players for the grade could get together and make a LI super team like FCA and others. Never to late to start.

And your a disgruntled parent because your kid is not good enough to make those teams. You have the ordacity to point fingers at these teams like your some lax parent god. Your calling those parents nutty! Your nuts for commenting the way you did. At least you said the kids are good kids. Lol! My kid doesn't even play on these teams and you pissed me off with that comment. Now lets see your assessment on the other teams like 91white true blue jesters outlaws all greys riptide and fl$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good day all this is "lax parent god" reporting

I was commenting on a previous posts where it says "parents can be nutty". Here I copied it for you since your panties are in a ruffle and you cant process the whole post. Also by your response it proves the statement that yes indeed parents are nutty including yourself and just because your your son is not on one of the top 3 2019 teams in long island and plays on one of the other teams that don't get as much attention as the BIG 3 it is ok since this whole travel thing doesnt matter at the end of the day.

MY assessment on the other teams like 91white true blue jesters outlaws all greys riptide and fl$ is as follows:

all the above 2019 programs are good but not as good as the top three, however I also did say pick the team that the coach can develop your son the best. That is why you pay all this money anyway isnt it?

Have a nice day Mr. Peanut

From the Lax parent God

PREVIOUS POST SEE BELOW

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
audacity sorry lax parent god!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love all these posts that insult the parents of the kids on select teams. Other than directly insulting kids, it is one of the most devious cheap shots on here; impossible to counter because when you do the original poster replies "you see, you people are nutty" (or words to that effect). Its like trying to disprove the negative and lets face it, is usually perpetrated by a person whose child did not make one of these teams.
So let me add my two cents to the nutty parent issue:
we have been involved with 3 organizations: - 2 travel, 1 PAL. In only one of those organizations did all of the following occur:
- parents approaching, calling, texting and e-mailing the coach to tell him who should and should not be playing, and when
- parents yelling insults at children who were not their own from the sideline
- parents openly insulting other children, for example "this kid cant even catch, why is he in?"
- arguments between parents of the same team on the sideline
- parents who did not pay their way
- other general "brown nosing" to get in good graces with the program (I will leave it there)
- parents coaching from the sideline in direct conflict with what the coach is trying to achieve (e.g. Johnny, take it yourself, go to the cage")

Yes, that was in the PAL program if you havent already figured it out. Ours is considered one of the top programs on the island so if it happens in ours, it happens in yours too.

On a more positive note, we found the parents on both travel teams very pleasant and not "nutty" at all. As a matter of fact, parents from travel teams can leave all of the "town associated drama" and pre-conceived nonsense behind. No issues bleeding over from other sports, school, friends, etc. No resentment or jealousy towards other kids because they wont be competing against each other for a position at school. People actually rooted for other peoples' kids - and did it with sincerity!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You aren't to far off base, but all of your points still happen in Travel.
It just exists more in PAL and much less on the AA's but still exists inbetween.

I love all these posts that insult the parents of the kids on select teams. Other than directly insulting kids, it is one of the most devious cheap shots on here; impossible to counter because when you do the original poster replies "you see, you people are nutty" (or words to that effect). Its like trying to disprove the negative and lets face it, is usually perpetrated by a person whose child did not make one of these teams.
So let me add my two cents to the nutty parent issue:
we have been involved with 3 organizations: - 2 travel, 1 PAL. In only one of those organizations did all of the following occur:
- parents approaching, calling, texting and e-mailing the coach to tell him who should and should not be playing, and when
- parents yelling insults at children who were not their own from the sideline
- parents openly insulting other children, for example "this kid cant even catch, why is he in?"
- arguments between parents of the same team on the sideline
- parents who did not pay their way
- other general "brown nosing" to get in good graces with the program (I will leave it there)
- parents coaching from the sideline in direct conflict with what the coach is trying to achieve (e.g. Johnny, take it yourself, go to the cage")

Yes, that was in the PAL program if you havent already figured it out. Ours is considered one of the top programs on the island so if it happens in ours, it happens in yours too.

On a more positive note, we found the parents on both travel teams very pleasant and not "nutty" at all. As a matter of fact, parents from travel teams can leave all of the "town associated drama" and pre-conceived nonsense behind. No issues bleeding over from other sports, school, friends, etc. No resentment or jealousy towards other kids because they wont be competing against each other for a position at school. People actually rooted for other peoples' kids - and did it with sincerity!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of my sons plays 2020 but we played 2019 All Greys a few times- and I have to say- I think they are a very good, solid, classy A team. If my son was 2019 I'd try out for this team. I do not know if they have openings, have no connection to them at all, but they played fluidly, the coach was great, the parents were mostly humble and cheered on our boys as well and the boys seemed nice. If looking for a team, I would do some research into this club to see if there are openings. They are not one of the big club names, but they seem to have a good reputation.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard