Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 05:50 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 05:26 PM
Girls 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 05:18 PM
Boys 2031-3rd Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 05:17 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 05:01 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,148
Posts341,019
Members2,462
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 118 of 146 1 2 116 117 118 119 120 145 146
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #379127 05/14/22 12:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Moving to Towson area in mid June and have 2 daughters (2027 and 2029) and looking for a good program. Our girls have been playing in Denver area for about 4 years but I know it is really serious here, any suggestions?
Skywalkers

They said serious.
Crush!

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #379136 05/14/22 02:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moving to Towson area in mid June and have 2 daughters (2027 and 2029) and looking for a good program. Our girls have been playing in Denver area for about 4 years but I know it is really serious here, any suggestions?
Skywalkers

Get your 27 in particular at Skywalkers now. They will pick up a lot of good girls going into 8th and 9th grade and they will become a dominant team. It happens with all their teams.

If your 27 is a strong player get her there now and try to secure her a spot before they get an influx of girls

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379144 05/14/22 03:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on Towson area and distance from there. Depending on the girls level of play and PT they are looking for there are a few teams below to consider. M&D or Hero’s are two of the top teams in the area but may be tough to make compared to these other teams. Furthest drive but worth it.

Coppermine is a solid team that honestly could use a couple of talented girls and currently have a core group that is pretty good.

NEMS is a little further drive very similar to Coppermine that the write up would be the same. Without the properties / facilities that Coppermine owns.

Skywalkers is a question mark. Have a great track record in the past with older teams. If they attract the top girls from other teams they could be the best option but if not they would be below the two above. The historically happens around 6th or 7th but hasn’t with this 27 team for some reason. That’s the question mark.

Lesser teams would be TLC or FCA. They would be a last resort it just trying to play club and don’t make any of the five already mentioned.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379148 05/14/22 04:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madskillz is loaded and must be well coached. They can win it all.

I think Eagle Stix is less talented than some of the others…but their offense is precise. They have picked our team apart from X hitting cutters. They also have the best (or one the best) draw girls in this class. She is tall and good…did not see her at fall tourney though, so who knows.

Good bet that it’ll be Aces versus the MD champ on TV Sunday. If it’s M&D, take them all day long. They have Aces number.

All depends on the draw. 4 teams clearly better than the rest -- ES, M&D, MadS, Aces. Assume they are put in different groups. I think whoever get Aces will have an easier road. Best performance was a tie against an undermanned YJ A with losses to MDU, Heros and M&D.

My guess is Robinson sports puts Aces in M&D's group for this reason. Hard to convince me that Eagle Stix and M&D aren't in crash course in the final

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I were a Maryland team (assume M&D, Hero's or BLC for conversation purposes)....The order I would NOT want to play. And this is based off my daughter playing all 3 various times

Eagle Stix
Aces
Madskilz
YJ

All 4 are great. But for different reasons

Eagle Stix has a big draw girl. Who is really good. She was hurt in the fall...and her replacement was as good or better. They are technically sound. Passing is on point. They do not turn the ball over. And they are extremely patient. Talent wise you think you are better than them. Only to look up and you are down 3 with 5 minutes to go. They are a handful. It was surprising when M&D handled them with ease in NGLL final last year. But they came back a totally different team. Eagle Stix is the favorite to be in the final.

Aces plays fast. Their middies are skilled. The lefty who everyone knows is a beast. Small. But still a beast. And her penalty shot is a lethal weapon. Their main issue is goaltending (my opinion). Not horrible. But not elite. They can score quickly. My opinion is offensively they are right their with the best teams. Defense is a bit reckless. They wear helmets and play a bit careless sometimes. But I respect their game and they score quickly. M&D and Hero's played them a combined 6-7 times last year and they always seemed to lose by exactly 1 goal every time

Madskilz is fast. They play wide open. Fun to watch. Similar to Aces. But faster. Maybe not as technical. But you are going to get 48 (or however many minutes it is) of full effort from those guys. Did I mention they are really fast?

My only question is why is nobody talking about YJ? They are really good and have a heck of a top roster. Not very deep. But their top 12-14 is as good as anyone. They control the pace (similar to BLC)

Other regions are there for field trip only. Enjoy the sites.

My ranking among possible contenders to win the whole thing:

EagleStix
Hero's
M&D
Aces
Madskilz
YJ
BLC

Nobody else has a chance (no offense meant).

Will be easier once brackets are out. Good luck to all 6 Mid-Atlantic teams participating over the next 2 weekends.

No one is talking about YJ because they don't play in NGLL.

Agree with your assessments with one exception. Aces isn't close to as deep as the the rest of the teams. They have several starters -- a few defenders and one low attackers who would struggle to make a top 3 MD team. I think they get a bit overrated because #2 for them is probably the best 27 in the country. They have another really good attacker-- #4 and both of their other middle are very fast and can score.

To your point, they are reckless on both sides of the field, several of their attackers lead with their helmets and have seen multiple players get yellows for dangerous shots. They don't create as many turnovers in their ride as M&D, Heros, or Madskillz will. Only 27 team I have ever seen get 6 yellows in a game. (they still won).

My apologies for including YJ

Did not even realize they were not participating in NGLL

But they are certainly a top team and judging by the schedules out they are going to be at all the top tournaments

I cannot argue with your assessments as well. It's all just conversation based on opinion.

All of the teams mentioned above are fun to watch in their own unique way or style.

The problem is NGLL outside of DMV is the a majority of states allow middle school kids to play on high school teams. As a result, many clubs opt not to participate or play with much weakened teams.

If the goal is to get the best clubs at nationals, the solution is to allow non-DMV regions to play their NGLL tourneys/games in the early fall before tourney season. I know for a fact multiple NY clubs have asked for this.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379153 05/14/22 05:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at brackets for Lax by sea. Yj, FLG, Heroes and S. Jersey select in same bracket. 3 of the 4 I am familiar with. Does anyone know about FLG?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #379172 05/14/22 08:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is NGLL outside of DMV is the a majority of states allow middle school kids to play on high school teams. As a result, many clubs opt not to participate or play with much weakened teams.

If the goal is to get the best clubs at nationals, the solution is to allow non-DMV regions to play their NGLL tourneys/games in the early fall before tourney season. I know for a fact multiple NY clubs have asked for this.[/quote]

Totally agree, early fall would be best

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379190 05/14/22 09:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pride beat them by a couple in the fall. Probably on par with a MD United.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379201 05/14/22 09:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at brackets for Lax by sea. Yj, FLG, Heroes and S. Jersey select in same bracket. 3 of the 4 I am familiar with. Does anyone know about FLG?

FLG is second best team on Long Island. They will beat SJ select and lose to hero’s and YJA

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379204 05/14/22 09:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers

Get your 27 in particular at Skywalkers now. They will pick up a lot of good girls going into 8th and 9th grade and they will become a dominant team. It happens with all their teams.

If your 27 is a strong player get her there now and try to secure her a spot before they get an influx of girls

It does happen with most of their teams. But this 27 team isn't like most.

It would take 10-12 good players to improve this team. Dominant is not gonna happen. Maybe relevant

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379225 05/14/22 10:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers

It would take 10-12 good players to improve this team. Dominant is not gonna happen. Maybe relevant

Their 25 team is good.
26 average at best.
27-29 not good at all.
Think twice. Good players on those teams looking elsewhere instead of waiting to get those 10 to be competitive. Coppermine is the answer. Have the fields. Getting in the better tourneys and looking for good coaches. They will be top 3 in the area soon.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #379234 05/15/22 12:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers

6-8 new girls makes them very good, already have solid top
6 or 7 but big drop off from there.

Agree, not typical SW team but they’ll get there imo

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379238 05/15/22 12:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers

They said serious.

Yes their 27/28 teams are struggling but I’d put their program up against almost anyone in the country. Their recruiting is 10x better than Coppermine, nems, tlc, HoCo, LBC combined.

“Struggling” is an understatement.
Skywalkers just lost to our M&D team 21-0.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379242 05/15/22 05:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers

They said serious.

Yes their 27/28 teams are struggling but I’d put their program up against almost anyone in the country. Their recruiting is 10x better than Coppermine, nems, tlc, HoCo, LBC combined.

I'm sure M&D wrote this

In all seriousness, consider NEMS or Coppermine. Both getting better each year

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379254 05/15/22 07:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers

They said serious.

I'm sure M&D wrote this

In all seriousness, consider NEMS or Coppermine. Both getting better each year

Let’s remember OP is coming from Colorado.

The best team in Colorado Team 180 beat Hero’s white by a goal. No other team is in top 50 in rankings

No offense but if your daughter isn’t a star on team 180 you should probably be looking at B level clubs like TLC or Crush. The talent gap is just too big. You should still try out for bigger clubs especially with your 29 daughter but the talent gap is too big.

Most teams have pretryout clinics. It’s a good place to go to get a real assessment of where you stack up

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379260 05/15/22 08:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers

They said serious.

6 girls were out from Covid and 2 from injury.

That is main reason for blowout, not saying they would have won fwiw

Like Reply Quote
Page 118 of 146 1 2 116 117 118 119 120 145 146
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard