BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Boys' U15 National Championship Tournament - July 26th-28th, 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

That pretty much sums it up. How about this...FCA 8 Turtles 6 Next day Cudas 15 FCA 5. Would love to see the Cudas spank the Turtles AGAIN!

How many kids flew down night before so Cudas can win...come on now, we know its true. Cudas 15 minutes...OVER! [/quote]

Turtles have lost to the cudas twice, would not play the third time and now want to talk smack. Turtles have to win to play with the big boys. Just like looking for calls on the field now they want to be given a chance to play the cudas. The turtles could not beat the dukes in crabfeast and didnt make the top 5 in LarryMiller. Time to go back into you shell and practice some more

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When was the last time the Cudas played up in a tournament in the highest bracket available?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That pretty much sums it up. How about this...FCA 8 Turtles 6 Next day Cudas 15 FCA 5. Would love to see the Cudas spank the Turtles AGAIN!

How many kids flew down night before so Cudas can win...come on now, we know its true. Cudas 15 minutes...OVER! [/quote]

Can anyone validate that there were kids on the field that were not on the posted Cuda roster? I'd be pissed if my kid lost field time because some mercenary kid at his position comes out of nowhere. Say it aint so just for bragging, marketing, advertising and tuition escalation rights from beating a weak field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When was the last time the Cudas played up in a tournament in the highest bracket available?
I thought this was established already. Can't really consider Turtles playing up if some of the boys were 15 already. Turtles were age appropriate and can't say otherwise unless entire team was underage. Enough with this excuse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have not covered it with the true facts. The entire Turtles team is age eligible for next year U-15 tournament so this is playing up. The entire team, not just a few of the boys. So yes this is playing up. So again when have the Cudas played up in a top bracket?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 defender flew in....on the roster....came down due to an injury. The player did not plan on attending Fla., but due to an injury was asked if he could come down....FACT !! No mercenary or lost time for others....go fish some where else if looking to cause issues !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Videos don't lie. It's idiots like you that make up stories to start BS. Go order the video and see if any kids were not on the roster. One kid had a previous commitment and had to fly down saturday morning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought this was established already. Can't really consider Turtles playing up if some of the boys were 15 already. Turtles were age appropriate and can't say otherwise unless entire team was underage. Enough with this excuse.

Viva la vida Turtles, you had a nice run

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many kids flew down night before so Cudas can win...come on now, we know its true. Cudas 15 minutes...OVER!

Can anyone validate that there were kids on the field that were not on the posted Cuda roster? I'd be pissed if my kid lost field time because some mercenary kid at his position comes out of nowhere. Say it aint so just for bragging, marketing, advertising and tuition escalation rights from beating a weak field. [/quote]

Now you're grasping at straws. This is not true. Unlike other LI teams that beefed up their rosters for this tournament, the Cudas did not add any players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 defender flew in....on the roster....came down due to an injury. The player did not plan on attending Fla., but due to an injury was asked if he could come down....FACT !! No mercenary or lost time for others....go fish some where else if looking to cause issues !!

Whoa, looks like we have conflicting Cuda reports - no players added, one came late, one flew in because of an injury...hmmm. I smell a bunch of Cuda BS - you guys should get your party excuses in line beforehand. Lets say door number one (a Defenseman "flew in") is the least deceptive statement. Why would you do that? According to the roster you were carrying 7 D + 1 LSM? Tell me how that works but you went with only 4 attack. Who's putting this team together? Sandy Alderson? Sorry, doesnt pass the sniff test. Please amuse us and try another story.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many Cudas will be age eligible for U15 next year? Answer: 0. How many turtles? Answer: All. I'd say that's playing up. Anytime, any place with real refs and something on the line big Cuda man.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hold on.... you are arguing about two teams under the same umbrella organization???? Cuda's and Turtles I believe are both under the LI Express Club name, correct? Makes a great argument to join that organization at ANY level..... This is who I want on my sideline.. Whoa... And who wins if you play? Cudas are older so if they win, they are supposed to win, Turtles win and what, you hurt a team in your organization? Am I missing something?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Einstein.....the 1 defender who flew in was on the roster, came in due to an injury to another player who was on the roster. No new players were added. Can not make it any simpler for you to understand. Please focus !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JD better pick up some bigger, more physical midfielders. The playing field is leveling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Einstein.....the 1 defender who flew in was on the roster, came in due to an injury to another player who was on the roster. No new players were added. Can not make it any simpler for you to understand. Please focus !

Huh, 1D 1) didn't want to go or 2) had better plans or 3) wasn't asked to attend originally ie. alternate? But miraculously found the flexibility/strength/courage/desire to attend? Whateva.

Still, 7 D and 4 Attack? Now there's a real Einstein. No wonder why you couldn't close the deal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever the reason teh defender chose not to go is not my business. You like to pass judgement and try to make something out of nothing. As far as 7 def and 4 attack, that is the caches doing not the parents. And where did your sons team end up....oh yeah... not in the final. Go away !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many Cudas will be age eligible for U15 next year? Answer: 0. How many turtles? Answer: All. I'd say that's playing up. Anytime, any place with real refs and something on the line big Cuda man.
Any time any place? Really? Next #chosen ones will re appear or even "shock the world". Have to go through the whole co champ thing again? Stop already, you look foolish, but it is funny so keep it coming. By the way I heard there are a few 2018 teams gunning for the turtles so watch out behind you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any time any place? Really? Next #chosen ones will re appear or even "shock the world". Have to go through the whole co champ thing again? Stop already, you look foolish, but it is funny so keep it coming. By the way I heard there are a few 2018 teams gunning for the turtles so watch out behind you.

I still don't understand why you keep saying that none of the Turtles are 15. The fact is some ARE, FACT!. Most are not. Even if one is, they can't play in this tournament next year. Turtles are a very good team, however they will have move up to u16 or u17 next year if they want to stay together. Why is this such a problem now?, they claim to have played "up" the whole time!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I still don't understand why you keep saying that none of the Turtles are 15. The fact is some ARE, FACT!. Most are not. Even if one is, they can't play in this tournament next year. Turtles are a very good team, however they will have move up to u16 or u17 next year if they want to stay together. Why is this such a problem now?, they claim to have played "up" the whole time!

This is a comical thread that is embarrassing your organization. But keep it going, I am highly amused. I am sure MC is not. From what I can gather from a quick read is nothing but sore losers on both ends. ...didn't 3D lax win it all?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely right. 3D deserves the national attention. The thing between the Cudas and Turtles is more like a family feud over who's pound for pound the best program team below 2015, but not above U15 but not below U14 with birthdays between this and that. It is entertaining though as long as it doesn't get personal, which it never is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats ok. They'll use the Cuda recipe and fly in some kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hasn't happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really big and strong...in the weight room ? I am not knocking the team, but it has happened often the crying by the coaches for physical play.....and yes my son has played them. Not quite sure your statement about "bang with anyone" is accurate

The "coaches crying" is just a standard tactic to get the refs to swing more calls their way. Many coaches "work the refs", not just the Turtles. Sometimes it works, sometimes it backfires and sometimes it has no effect. Think Jim Harbough. What's the problem? If it works, you should blame the refs, not the coaches for trying.

Actaully, more out of the Bill Tierney school of "workin' the refs". A nightmare for any ref. It must be frustrating to watch if you are on the other side but very interesting to watch the pyrotechnics if you are neutral. Still want them to settle once and for all where they stand with the Cudas in a real game with real consequences for the loser. Next year maybe.
good thing I saw your post. I am here to help, there is no suspense, the cudas are just better, just cling to the hope that tou can win in your own division for u 15, have a great summer and stress free next year now that this is resolved , phew
Cudas couldnt repeat and are overrated. Plain and simple.
if that's true then pretty miserable in turtle land

Not as miserable as Cuda land when Turtles finish the job that the Cuda's couldn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't it common knowledge that Barracudas eat Turtles? C'mon no contest here! Choose your team names better ur represntin!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A dose of humility would serve you well. I hope your not raising your kids to be chest pounders. Nobody likes a self-promoter. Teach your children well. We wish your Turtles good luck next year. Win or lose it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Keep a healthy perspective.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A dose of humility would serve you well. I hope your not raising your kids to be chest pounders. Nobody likes a self-promoter. Teach your children well. We wish your Turtles good luck next year. Win or lose it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Keep a healthy perspective.

Ok dad. If it doesn't matter win or lose then why were the Cuda's and their coach so disappointed when they lost? Because it does matter to these boys and to the program for the - as you say - chest pounding with ads in IL etc. Keep trying the mightier than thou attitude and try to snow somebody else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok dad. If it doesn't matter win or lose then why were the Cuda's and their coach so disappointed when they lost? Because it does matter to these boys and to the program for the - as you say - chest pounding with ads in IL etc. Keep trying the mightier than thou attitude and try to snow somebody else.

Apparently, it matter more to you daddy's than the 15 year olds you are discussing. Pathetic!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently, it matter more to you daddy's than the 15 year olds you are discussing. Pathetic!

The Turtles are not 15!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Turtles are not 15!

And since their sugar daddy also sponsors the U15 tournament there will be no questioning of birth dates etc. Just trust what the parents say - no 15 year olds. Curious if any eye witnesses at the tournament noticed any teams that seemed to ha more than than a few players that seemed oddly large and physically mature for 14 year olds?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't it common knowledge that Barracudas eat Turtles? C'mon no contest here! Choose your team names better ur represntin!
True, why all the hate for the Cudas? Just keepin it real. The misery in turtle land is mounting as you have to wait a whole year to find out if you can only win this thing against your own year. Imagine if you don't? Wow this is gonna be fun

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess we dont have to wait a year to see if the the Cudas can win this thing against their own age, THEY CANT! As far as all the hate towards the Cudas you must be kidding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess we dont have to wait a year to see if the the Cudas can win this thing against their own age, THEY CANT! As far as all the hate towards the Cudas you must be kidding.
Did you figure this out all on your own that Cudas don't qualify for u15 next year? By the way did you know that the titanic sunk? Turtles have to wait a whole year and have to wonder if they can win it in their own age group. Tick tick tick tick.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you figure this out all on your own that Cudas don't qualify for u15 next year? By the way did you know that the titanic sunk? Turtles have to wait a whole year and have to wonder if they can win it in their own age group. Tick tick tick tick.....

Maybe you should stay out of the weeds with all those ticks you are finding...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you should stay out of the weeds with all those ticks you are finding...
Truth stings don't it. That's ok it atleast there is an entire year to let this fester and find out. Don't forget to keep an eye out behind you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just call this tournament the "Florida Rising Sophomore Tournament" and then there is no controversy. It's not a national championship, nor is it a U15 tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just call this tournament the "Florida Rising Sophomore Tournament" and then there is no controversy. It's not a national championship, nor is it a U15 tournament.

I prefer the term Jamboree or Festival rather than Tournament. Think that would fly? smirk

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

can't argue with stupid - US lacrosse sets the cut off for U15, everybody in the tournament is U15, thus it is a U15 tournament. The tournament has teams from all over the country, every U15 in the country can apply or go to qualifiers so it is open to everyone. they play round robin and the seed the teams and play an elimination until they have a championship....sounds like a U15 national Championship to me

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

can't argue with stupid - US lacrosse sets the cut off for U15, everybody in the tournament is U15, thus it is a U15 tournament. The tournament has teams from all over the country, every U15 in the country can apply or go to qualifiers so it is open to everyone. they play round robin and the seed the teams and play an elimination until they have a championship....sounds like a U15 national Championship to me

Well said. The reason you don't see some of the better 2016 teams at the U-15 Championship is because this tournment unlike others strctly enforce the U-15 birth dates. The 2016 teams not represented carry older kids and therefore are ineligible. So would have to agree this is the U-15 Championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. Nearly every U15 tournament in the country specifically prohibits any kid who has played HS ball. So, this year, nearly every U15 tournament is filled with age-eligible kids in the Class of 2017 (or younger).

But to make a bigger buck, USL lifts this rule for its own tournament. So to do well, you pretty much have to have, this year, a 2016 team. Which is why the best teams avoid this tournament. 2016 kids want to play in front of college recruiters, not beat up on lesser teams from outlying areas.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Wrong. Nearly every U15 tournament in the country specifically prohibits any kid who has played HS ball. So, this year, nearly every U15 tournament is filled with age-eligible kids in the Class of 2017 (or younger).

But to make a bigger buck, USL lifts this rule for its own tournament. So to do well, you pretty much have to have, this year, a 2016 team. Which is why the best teams avoid this tournament. 2016 kids want to play in front of college recruiters, not beat up on lesser teams from outlying areas.
Once again, another poster mixes concepts.

You cannot discuss U15 and any grade-based structure in the same sentence - they are wholly different. One cannot say "U15 except for High School players" since the concept is inconsistent and certainly not eligible to be policed.

Again, U15 has nothing to do with High School grades, varsity, or graduating class. Why do U-age opponents have such a difficult time grasping this? U15 is exclusively defined to mean players born on or after September 1st, 1997 (as defined for the 2013 tournament). That's it. That's the definition of U15. Period.

BOTC does not understand the concept of the "best teams" not attending this tournament. If the concern is that a given team cannot make the age restrictions imposed by U15 rules, that would mean that the "best teams" from the next younger age group would be attending.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard