BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,271
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 30 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 29 30
Re: 2021-2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any other coach would have done the same darn thing. If you think they wouldn’t you are fooling yourself and it would be plain dense if they didn’t. Plus if we want to watch some good competition, ND needs to be in the mix

The UVA coach was in the same exact position and did not. She believed in her players to beat one of the top ACC teams in the conference tournament. No other team in the top 20 was anywhere near the .500 record requirement. So one team did and one team did not. I am on the side of UVA’s choice.

UVA did not have an available game to schedule.

Not sure exactly what that means but what I do know is that what Notre Dame did was Bush League. Obviously the coach did not believe that her team could win the competitive games that remained on her schedule so she scheduled a game vs a team that Notre Dame beat 27 - 2 and for that they will be rewarded. It's a darn shame that some team out there will not make the tournament because Notre Dame found a way to game the system. The NCAA really needs to change their rules, it's complete BS.
what frustrates you is that what ND did was perfectly legal under NCAA rules and there is nothing you can do about it...GO IRISH:)

No but there is something the selection committee can do about it and take 5 ACC teams including UVA who has no losses outside the top 15 .[/quote]

This past season there was a man who competed for the women's swim team at Penn, that was perfectly legal under NCAA rules, obviously several NCAA rules need to be amended.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by baldbear
Any other coach would have done the same darn thing. If you think they wouldn’t you are fooling yourself and it would be plain dense if they didn’t. Plus if we want to watch some good competition, ND needs to be in the mix

Virginia was in a very similar situation and they didn’t do it.

ND had an available game to schedule. UVA did not.
Cuse played 17 regular season games so you may be wrong .

Is there a limit to how many regular season games a team can play?

Yes, there is. Syracuse substituted an official scrimmage with a game. You are only allowed a certain number of “contests”. What ND did was rare but not unprecedented.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

The UVA coach was in the same exact position and did not. She believed in her players to beat one of the top ACC teams in the conference tournament. No other team in the top 20 was anywhere near the .500 record requirement. So one team did and one team did not. I am on the side of UVA’s choice.

Not sure exactly what that means but what I do know is that what Notre Dame did was Bush League. Obviously the coach did not believe that her team could win the competitive games that remained on her schedule so she scheduled a game vs a team that Notre Dame beat 27 - 2 and for that they will be rewarded. It's a darn shame that some team out there will not make the tournament because Notre Dame found a way to game the system. The NCAA really needs to change their rules, it's complete BS.[/quote]

My point was the comment regarding UVA was in the “same exact position”. They were not. Notre Dame had a game available to schedule, UVA did not. Detroit Mercy didn’t have to say yes to the game and I’m sure didn’t want ND to take it easy on them. Every college sport schedules blowouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure exactly what that means but what I do know is that what Notre Dame did was Bush League. Obviously the coach did not believe that her team could win the competitive games that remained on her schedule so she scheduled a game vs a team that Notre Dame beat 27 - 2 and for that they will be rewarded. It's a darn shame that some team out there will not make the tournament because Notre Dame found a way to game the system. The NCAA really needs to change their rules, it's complete BS.

My point was the comment regarding UVA was in the “same exact position”. They were not. Notre Dame had a game available to schedule, UVA did not. Detroit Mercy didn’t have to say yes to the game and I’m sure didn’t want ND to take it easy on them. Every college sport schedules blowouts.[/quote]

"Gamed" Definition: "To manipulate, exploit, or cheat (a system, situation, etc...) slyly or dishonestly for personal gain. That is exactly what Notre Dame did. The Coach and Administration should be embarrassed and the Selection Committee should not award them a bid to the tournament. BTW... Notre Dame didn't schedule a blowout, they added a sure win because they did not believe that they could win enough games vs the teams that they "scheduled". The Notre Dame Coach has displayed a lack of confidence in herself and her players as well as a lack of conviction and integrity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My point was the comment regarding UVA was in the “same exact position”. They were not. Notre Dame had a game available to schedule, UVA did not. Detroit Mercy didn’t have to say yes to the game and I’m sure didn’t want ND to take it easy on them. Every college sport schedules blowouts.

"Gamed" Definition: "To manipulate, exploit, or cheat (a system, situation, etc...) slyly or dishonestly for personal gain. That is exactly what Notre Dame did. The Coach and Administration should be embarrassed and the Selection Committee should not award them a bid to the tournament. BTW... Notre Dame didn't schedule a blowout, they added a sure win because they did not believe that they could win enough games vs the teams that they "scheduled". The Notre Dame Coach has displayed a lack of confidence in herself and her players as well as a lack of conviction and integrity.[/quote]
time to let it go

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly is what ND did any worse than Duke having a non competitive out of conference schedule . They should reward Duke with a visit to UNC first round and have ND head to BC .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC taking a beat down. Big disappointment! What happened to all the superstars?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t care what anyone says. Belle Smith is a better player than Charlotte North.

Good player but please stop, it's not close. CN by far the best player in the game.

After watching yesterdays game neither were close to being the best player on the field . North has not been what she was in the past and opposing coaches know it , they seem to know no reason to send the early slide anymore . If they give North the Tewaaraton this year it would be ridiculous, I have watched the UNC defender outplay her every time they are matched up from back in the days when North played at Duke . If you were a coach picking players from the uNC and BC game last night North would have been the 6th or 7th pick and Smith around the 12th , a few before Wurz . There are some really good players out there that do not get the hype or accolades they deserve .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree North is the best player still. She may be hurt a little. She is also going against the best defender and goalie in game in ET and TM. Which leads me to the BC defensive strategy. Why shut off/Closely guard CW when you have JO and SRG and others running by people. Don’t you adjust as a defense when not working? Use that person as a help slide?

BC will be back for sure. My kids are already trying to perfect that North rip from last night. That was a nice shot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3/12 shooting -anyone else gets yanked

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Don’t care what anyone says. Belle Smith is a better player than Charlotte North.

Good player but please stop, it's not close. CN by far the best player in the game.

Belle Smith had a terrible game but so did North. Yeah she scored 3 goals but on 12 shots. That’s terrible. Also her soon to be goal record should have an asterisk on it. 22 extra goals from an extra year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t care what anyone says. Belle Smith is a better player than Charlotte North.

After watching yesterdays game neither were close to being the best player on the field . North has not been what she was in the past and opposing coaches know it , they seem to know no reason to send the early slide anymore . If they give North the Tewaaraton this year it would be ridiculous, I have watched the UNC defender outplay her every time they are matched up from back in the days when North played at Duke . If you were a coach picking players from the uNC and BC game last night North would have been the 6th or 7th pick and Smith around the 12th , a few before Wurz . There are some really good players out there that do not get the hype or accolades they deserve .

My vote for best all around player this year is Ally Mastroianni from UNC. Leaves it all on the field!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My vote for best all around player this year is Ally Mastroianni from UNC. Leaves it all on the field!

i agree. Ally is an absolute stud. I also think it's time to just admit that UNC is better than BC. It took Hall standing on her head last year for a game a lifetime for them to beat UNC. Watching JO slice and dice the BC's defense with passing, skill, timing, and shot placement was a thing of beauty. CN shoots hard. hooray. besides shooting hard what else does she do well? if you have to pause to think about it, thats a problem. and most of the time those shots are wild and ill timed, blazing over the goal into the stands with a team mate standing wide open. it's time to stop overrating her. JO is so much more refined. she has touch. if she's not scoring, she's dishing. CN tries to overwhelm you with force. When that doesn't work vs elite defenders, she's invisible. Belle Smith is a much more well rounded player and i would take her over CN 100%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was Hopkins deserving of a tourney bid?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Was Hopkins deserving of a tourney bid?

15 RPI helped them tremendously

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope, ND, Virginia and Michigan either. Arizona State, Yale and Temple deserved it over those teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think those three teams deserved it over Virginia and ND you’re watching the wrong sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i agree. Ally is an absolute stud. I also think it's time to just admit that UNC is better than BC. It took Hall standing on her head last year for a game a lifetime for them to beat UNC. Watching JO slice and dice the BC's defense with passing, skill, timing, and shot placement was a thing of beauty. CN shoots hard. hooray. besides shooting hard what else does she do well? if you have to pause to think about it, thats a problem. and most of the time those shots are wild and ill timed, blazing over the goal into the stands with a team mate standing wide open. it's time to stop overrating her. JO is so much more refined. she has touch. if she's not scoring, she's dishing. CN tries to overwhelm you with force. When that doesn't work vs elite defenders, she's invisible. Belle Smith is a much more well rounded player and i would take her over CN 100%

Spot on! North has a hard impressive shot. I def. Do not think “Best all around player” and, I Do not think best “team player”! There are other players who I feel deserve the Tewarton over her!! I also think that BS and JO and others are way more well rounded all Around great players! Young girls should be looking at their games and enough about the CN hype and idolizing individual player play. It is after all a “team sport”!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spot on! North has a hard impressive shot. I def. Do not think “Best all around player” and, I Do not think best “team player”! There are other players who I feel deserve the Tewarton over her!! I also think that BS and JO and others are way more well rounded all Around great players! Young girls should be looking at their games and enough about the CN hype and idolizing individual player play. It is after all a “team sport”!

Yep. Have my daughter looking at those two. She's a big BS fan. I think JO is far better, but she has three years on her. CN highly overrated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope, ND, Virginia and Michigan either. Arizona State, Yale and Temple deserved it over those teams

You could argue that ASU should have gotten the Bid over Michigan but that is about it. Yale and Temple did not deserve a bid over any of the teams that received bids.

Rutgers deserved a seed, Loyola did not... The committee uses RPI and SOS to justify their selections and seedings when they want but ignore them when they don't support their selections and seedings.

Below are the RPI and SOS rankings:

Team ------------------------RPI-----------------SOS

Virginia ---------------------19 ------------------- 3
ND ---------------------------16 ------------------- 2
Michigan ------------------- 18 ------------------ 21

ASU ------------------------- 26 ------------------ 9
Temple ---------------------- 22 ----------------- 24
Yale -------------------------- 25 ----------------- 46

Rutgers --------------------- 7 ------------------ 17
JHU ------------------------- 15 ----------------- 8

Stony Brook -------------- 8 ------------------- 19
Loyoly ---------------------- 10 ----------------- 23

Rutgers should have been seeded over both Loyola and Stony Brook.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You could argue that ASU should have gotten the Bid over Michigan but that is about it. Yale and Temple did not deserve a bid over any of the teams that received bids.

Rutgers deserved a seed, Loyola did not... The committee uses RPI and SOS to justify their selections and seedings when they want but ignore them when they don't support their selections and seedings.

Michigan did not finished well, but they do have a head-to-head win over Arizona St. as well as a better RPI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Michigan did not finished well, but they do have a head-to-head win over Arizona St. as well as a better RPI.

Agree, Arizona State has a legit argument, Temple and Yale do not. I am sure the committee used the Head to Head win to give Michigan the nod. ASU is in a tough place trying to build the program, They had a very difficult schedule and maybe it hurt them.

Rutgers is the one that jumps out as the team that got hosed. Selection committee hypes RPI, SOS, QW, Last 6 Games etc.... I guess the committee focussed on the one "bad loss" to ASU as opposed to the QW vs Northwestern and their RPI and SOS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Don’t care what anyone says. Belle Smith is a better player than Charlotte North.

Yep. Have my daughter looking at those two. She's a big BS fan. I think JO is far better, but she has three years on her. CN highly overrated.[/quote.

JO is an all-time great attacker that is obvious. She is obviously much better than BS but not fair to compare attackers to middies. Unless of course JO is suddenly going to run the entire field defending players like Hillman, Choma, Swart and Mastrioni 1v1. If JO did that her production would be cut in half. I also think the age advantage with so many players being 5th years is huge - both from a physicality and experience standpoint.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Division III Women’s Lacrosse Ranking 5-9-2022

Rank Institution Points (FPV) Last Poll

1 Salisbury (15 - 2) 391 (8) 2
2 Middlebury (17 - 1) 380 (7) 1
3 Tufts (15 - 3) 361 (1) 9
4 Gettysburg (16 - 3) 351 6
5 Washington and Lee (17 - 2) 342 5
6 Franklin & Marshall (16 - 3) 313 4
7 TCNJ (15 - 2) 299 7
8 Colby (14 - 3) 291 3
9 William Smith (17 - 1) 260 8
10 Ithaca (16 - 3) 254 10
11 York (14 - 5) 236 12
12 Wesleyan (CT) (12 - 4) 215 11
13 St. Lawrence (15 - 2) 205 13
14 Catholic (13 - 4) 174 17
15 Hamilton (8 - 7) 161 15
16 Cortland (15 - 4) 145 19
17 Bowdoin (9 - 7) 127 18
18 Messiah (13 - 5)121 14
19 Trinity (9 - 7) 120 16
20 Chicago (17 - 1) 109 20
21 Amherst (9 - 7) 73 21
22 Haverford (12 - 5) 65 22
23 Geneseo (13 - 3) 45 23
24 Pomona-Pitzer (17 - 0) 38 24
25 Roger Williams (16 - 1) 35 NR
RV Kenyon, Scranton, Stevenson, Capital, Roanoke, Rhodes, RPI, Brockport, Denison, Stevens

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Division II Women’s Lacrosse Rankings 5-9-2022

1 Queens (19 - 0) 375 (15) 1
2 UIndy (16 - 1) 360 2
3 East Stroudsburg (17 - 1) 331 6
4 Regis (CO) (17 - 0) 327 3
5 Stonehill (17 - 2) 298 8
6 West Chester (16 - 2) 281 4
7 Adelphi (16 - 2) 275 5
8 Grand Valley State (18 - 1) 268 7
9 Le Moyne (15 - 5) 262 11
10 Florida Southern (15 - 3) 248 10
11 Lindenwood (14 - 4) 242 9
12 Tampa (11 - 7) 212 12
13 Pace (14 - 5) 182 13
14 Mercy (14 - 4) 177 15
15 Rollins (13 - 4) 160 14
16 Lynn (12 - 4) 125 16
17 Assumption (10 - 8) 122 18
18 Embry-Riddle (13 - 4) 119 17
19 Wingate (15 - 3) 98 19
20 Seton Hill (14 - 4) 77 20
21 Roberts Wesleyan (10 - 6) 73 21
22 New Haven (11 - 7) 64 22
23 Bentley (7 - 8) 41 24
24 Saint Anselm (7 - 8) 39 23
25 Saint Leo (7 - 11) 19 25
RV Mercyhurst, AIC, Belmont Abbey, Davenport, Bridgeport, Colorado Mesa, Southern New Hampshire, D'Youville, Franklin Pierce, Mount Olive

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Divison I Women’s Lacrosse Rankings 5-9-2022

1 North Carolina (18 - 0) 400 (16) 1
2 Maryland (17 - 1) 378 3
3 Boston College (16 - 3) 374 2
4 Syracuse (13 - 5) 330 5
5 Loyola (18 - 1) 326 7
6 Northwestern (13 - 4) 319 4
7 Stony Brook (14 - 2) 302 6
8 Florida (15 - 4) 290 8
9 Princeton (14 - 3) 263 9
10 James Madison (13 - 4) 256 10
11 Rutgers (15 - 4) 241 13
12 Denver (17 - 2) 221 12
13 Duke (15 - 3) 214 11
14 Stanford (12 - 6) 180 17
15 Virginia (9 - 9) 165 14
16 Notre Dame (9 - 9) 148 15
17 Jacksonville (13 - 4) 117 20
18 USC (13 - 4) 113 16
19 Arizona State (11 - 8) 94 23
20 UConn (13 - 4) 89 18
21 Michigan (10 - 6) 82 21
22 UMass (16 - 3) 74 19
23 Saint Joseph's (14 - 6) 73 NR
24 Yale (11 - 6) 45 23
25 Johns Hopkins (10 - 8) 35 22
RV Navy, Drexel, Ohio State, Richmond, Vanderbilt, Mercer, Pitt, Temple, Vermont

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
On the D3 side the NESCAC has another strong season with 8 teams in the top 20 and 4 teams moving on to the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Division I Women’s Lacrosse Players of the Week 5-10-2022

Offensive Player of the Week

Jamie Ortega – University of North Carolina

Named Attacker of the Year by the ACC for a second consecutive time in her career, Ortega led the undefeated No. 1 Tar Heels to a sixth consecutive ACC Championship Title, defeating No. 2 Boston College, 16-9, this past Saturday. Ortega was named tournament MVP after scoring nine points in the championship (four goals, five assists), while breaking the ACC’s career points record. Ortega also set a championship game record with five assists and matched the title game record with her nine points. The Tar Heels await their first opponent as they enter the NCAA DI Championship tournament as the top seed with a bye in the first round.

Defensive Player of the Week

Marge Donovan – Princeton University

Donovan set a new program record with 12 draw controls in No. 9 Princeton’s 19-9 win over No. 24 Yale to claim the Ivy League Tournament Championship. Donovan was named the Most Outstanding Player of the Ivy Tournament. Over the course of the weekend, she became the Princeton all-time leader in draw controls (204) and set a new single-season record for draws (102). For the weekend, she had 19 draw controls, five caused turnovers, five groundballs and an assist. Princeton will face Massachusetts this Friday in the first round of the NCAA Division I tournament.

Last edited by baldbear; .
Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Division II Women’s Lacrosse Players of the Week 5-10-2022

Lilly Leach – Stonehill College

Leach earned Most Outstanding Player honors for the NE10 Championships with a game-high four goals and 10 draw controls in the 13-12 win over Le Moyne. The sophomore midfielder finished the NE10 tournament with a team-high 11 goals, while adding 32 draw controls, four ground balls, and two caused turnovers over the three postseason contests. Leach also earned a spot on the All-Tournament Team. No. 5 Stonehill will enter as the top seed of the East Region of the NCAA Division II Tournament and will face Mercy College in the first round.

McKenzie Gaghan – East Stroudsburg University

Gaghan led the defensive charge for No. 6 East Stroudsburg, making more saves than goals allowed in the PSAC Semifinal win against Mercyhurst. Gaghan then went on to register 10 saves in the Warriors 15-12 victory over No. 4 West Chester to secure the PSAC Championship title. The Warriors climbed to No. 3 in the latest ILWomen/IWLCA Division II Poll and will host the NCAA Atlantic Regional Championship as the top seed, with a rematch against Mercyhurst on tap in the first round.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Division III Women’s Lacrosse Players of the Week 5-10-2022

Allie McGinty – William Smith College

McGinty was named the Liberty League Tournament's Most Outstanding Player, following a 14-point weekend. She scored five goals and added nine assists in two games for the No. 8 Herons. On Saturday, McGinty had a game-high eight points on one goal and seven assists. With her fifth assist of the day, McGinty broke William Smith's single-season assists record. On Sunday McGinty had four goals and two assists as the Herons knocked off No. 10 Ithaca to claim their sixth straight Liberty League title. With her fifth point of the game, she recorded her 100th career point. McGinty leads the Herons with 94 points on 37 goals and 57 assists. Ranked No. 9 in the latest ILWomen/IWLCA Division III Poll, the Herons will face No. 18 Messiah this Sunday in the first round of the NCAA Division III Women’s Lacrosse Championship.

Meghan Lorenzen – Western Connecticut State University

Lorenzen registered a career high nine draw controls in the LEC Championship win over Plymouth State. The junior defender also added three caused turnovers while scooping up four ground balls. WestConn will face host SUNY Cortland in the first round of the NCAA Division III lacrosse championship beginning this Saturday.

Last edited by baldbear; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 Loyola (18 - 1) 326 7
8 Florida (15 - 4) 290 8
13 Duke (15 - 3) 214 11
18 USC (13 - 4) 113 16
20 UConn (13 - 4) 89 18
22 UMass (16 - 3) 74 19
24 Yale (11 - 6) 45 23
RV Navy, Drexel, Ohio State, Richmond, Vanderbilt, Mercer, Pitt, Temple, Vermont

So, How did the predictions turn out.... ? below is the preseason Top 20.... Will there be a lot of movement after the Tournament?

NIKE/USA LACROSSE
DIVISION I WOMEN’S PRESEASON TOP 20

​​1. Boston College
2. North Carolina
3. Syracuse
4. Northwestern
5. Stony Brook
6. Maryland
7. Notre Dame
8. Duke
9. Loyola
10. Florida
11. Virginia
12. James Madison
13. Princeton
14. Stanford
15. Denver
16. Rutgers
17. Drexel
18. Jacksonville
19. UConn
20. Penn

Also considered (alphabetical order): Johns Hopkins, Louisville, Michigan, Penn State, Richmond, Temple

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 Loyola (18 - 1) 326 7
8 Florida (15 - 4) 290 8
13 Duke (15 - 3) 214 11
18 USC (13 - 4) 113 16
20 UConn (13 - 4) 89 18
22 UMass (16 - 3) 74 19
24 Yale (11 - 6) 45 23

So, How did the predictions turn out.... ? below is the preseason Top 20.... Will there be a lot of movement after the Tournament?

NIKE/USA LACROSSE

​​1. Boston College
2. North Carolina
3. Syracuse
4. Northwestern
5. Stony Brook
6. Maryland
7. Notre Dame
8. Duke
9. Loyola
10. Florida
11. Virginia
12. James Madison
13. Princeton
14. Stanford
15. Denver
16. Rutgers
17. Drexel
18. Jacksonville
19. UConn
20. Penn

Also considered (alphabetical order): Johns Hopkins, Louisville, Michigan, Penn State, Richmond, Temple

Out: Penn & Drexel

In: Arizona State & USC

Only surprise is Penn not being Top 20, I bet it's been over 10 years since the Quakers did not finish the season ranked in the Top 20. Also surprised how far Dartmouth fell off. Arizona St, Jacksonville and Rutgers have come on strong. UConn has been doing ok and UMass is quietly Top 20 more times than not.

Very surprised with the growth of the sport we have not seem more parity, basically the same programs year in and year out.

Anyone have any upset predictions for the Tournament?

If JMU gets by UConn I think they can upset Loyola and possibly BC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think JMU can upset Loyola and BC they will. crush UConn. JMU zone will give UConn fits just like Denver's did. Also UConn is not good and is lucky to be in the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 Loyola (18 - 1) 326 7
8 Florida (15 - 4) 290 8
13 Duke (15 - 3) 214 11
18 USC (13 - 4) 113 16
20 UConn (13 - 4) 89 18
22 UMass (16 - 3) 74 19
24 Yale (11 - 6) 45 23

NIKE/USA LACROSSE

​​1. Boston College
2. North Carolina
3. Syracuse
4. Northwestern
5. Stony Brook
6. Maryland
7. Notre Dame
8. Duke
9. Loyola
10. Florida
11. Virginia
12. James Madison
13. Princeton
14. Stanford
15. Denver
16. Rutgers
17. Drexel
18. Jacksonville
19. UConn
20. Penn

Only surprise is Penn not being Top 20, I bet it's been over 10 years since the Quakers did not finish the season ranked in the Top 20. Also surprised how far Dartmouth fell off. Arizona St, Jacksonville and Rutgers have come on strong. UConn has been doing ok and UMass is quietly Top 20 more times than not.

Very surprised with the growth of the sport we have not seem more parity, basically the same programs year in and year out.

Penn not finishing the season ranked in the Top 20 and not making the tournament is the biggest surprise. Just checked, from 2010 - 2020 Penn finished ranked in the Top 20 every year with 5 Top 10 finishes and I would assume that they also made the Tournament every year as well. Will Penn be back next year or will Yale be the new contender in the Ivy's?

Syracuse, Duke and JMU have the best chance at upsetting one of the Top 4 seeds, don't think anyone knocking UNC off before the Final Four. Should be a great tournament and fun to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In a way, yes, it's the same programs year in and year out but I think there is more parity the past five years. From 2005-2017, NU and MD won all but two national championships. Four different teams have won the last five national championship games played. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I think the years of the same team winning it year after year are over. The shot clock has helped with that also. UNC is the favorite to win it all this year and they have not made the championship game since 2016. I don't have any specific predictions, but I think there could be a few upsets along the way. Not sure NU rebounds to make the final four, and MD vs UF should be more competitive rematch. Several seeded teams will need to play really well in the second round to advance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A High Point player had 103 goals this season (surpassed CN's 102), and because she plays for High Point and not a top 10 school people think her accomplishment doesn't matter? What is happening? Has anyone else read the article in USA Lacrosse Magazine? Sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A High Point player had 103 goals this season (surpassed CN's 102), and because she plays for High Point and not a top 10 school people think her accomplishment doesn't matter? What is happening? Has anyone else read the article in USA Lacrosse Magazine? Sad.

Just looked.. Good for her!.

Bottom line is the record is hers.. Abby Hormes HPU-103 Goals 2022-

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, that’s how it works. Some peoples accomplishments mean more than others. US lacrosse has made that clear. It is sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody should feel the need to comment on someone's accomplishment and try to blemish it. How sad. It's an accomplishment in itself to play D1, no matter where the school lands in rankings. ALL accomplishments should be celebrated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She has the record but how can anyone say it is not different when you do so in a much weaker conference and over half your goals were in running clock games against teams probably ranked in the bottom half of D1. It's absurd to think it is the same thing. Congrats on the accomplishment and the record but it means less in my opinion. Maybe Scane will transfer to High Point next year and score 200 goals.

Like Reply Quote
Page 19 of 30 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 29 30
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard