BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 112 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My money is on Aces. So much talent if they can put it altogether.

Why do you think 4 teams make it from mid Atlantic? I thought only one team out of our mid Atlantic A group made the national championship…not four? Stinks for the depth of talent we have but I think that’s the way it works.

Why do you think 4 teams make it from mid Atlantic? I thought only one team out of our mid Atlantic A group made the national championship…not four? Stinks for the depth of talent we have but I think that’s the way it works.

Only one team makes it from mid Atlantic but odds are for four contenders since they are all still alive. There will be 8 teams total in NGLL nationals.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t think aces has the depth to win four games against top competition That said they probably have the best player in the country at this age group (#2) and a could other outstanding players. They are capable of being anyone on any given day.

X factor at national from my perspective is Madskillz. Can give certain teams huge matchup problems with their size and will play a very slow tempo to keep it close. Def capable of being anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t think aces has the depth to win four games against top competition That said they probably have the best player in the country at this age group (#2) and a could other outstanding players. They are capable of being anyone on any given day.

X factor at national from my perspective is Madskillz. Can give certain teams huge matchup problems with their size and will play a very slow tempo to keep it close. Def capable of being anyone.

Madskilz isn't about size. They are fast. Really fast. And they don't play slow.

Saw them this winter. They are legit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madskilz isn't about size. They are fast. Really fast. And they don't play slow.

Saw them this winter. They are legit.

They are definitely legit. Big and Fast. Also one of the most physical 27 teams in the country. If the refs let them play, they can beat anyone. If it is a whistle-happy MD ref, they could struggle against any of the top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t recall refs being this incompetent as they were this year. Same 2-3 each week. The poor officials led to increase in parent coaches complaining which led to refs having zero patience for comments.

Listen, nobody should deal with verbal abuse, I get it, but if you blow a call, you are going to hear it. A few refs act like they not only detest lacrosse, but are there against their will.

To be honest, lots of the refs are primarily high school refs. They love lacrosse but really don't understand rules for the younger ages which leads to inconsistancy. On one field a couple weekends ago with the same ref, there was a 26A, 31, 28B, 30, and 27A game. No wonder reffing is inconsistent.

The behavior of some parents at these 10-13 yo games is deplorable at best. There is a reason why the first point of emphasis in the 2022 rule book is “sportsmanship.” All stakeholders should be maintaining the integrity of the game. Yes, officiating can be inconsistent, but so is coaching, skill level, and in this case, parental modeling. All lacrosse boards are short of officials. Hmmm, wonder why?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t recall refs being this incompetent as they were this year. Same 2-3 each week. The poor officials led to increase in parent coaches complaining which led to refs having zero patience for comments.

Listen, nobody should deal with verbal abuse, I get it, but if you blow a call, you are going to hear it. A few refs act like they not only detest lacrosse, but are there against their will.

To be honest, lots of the refs are primarily high school refs. They love lacrosse but really don't understand rules for the younger ages which leads to inconsistancy. On one field a couple weekends ago with the same ref, there was a 26A, 31, 28B, 30, and 27A game. No wonder reffing is inconsistent.

The behavior of some parents at these 10-13 yo games is deplorable at best. There is a reason why the first point of emphasis in the 2022 rule book is “sportsmanship.” All stakeholders should be maintaining the integrity of the game. Yes, officiating can be inconsistent, but so is coaching, skill level, and in this case, parental modeling. All lacrosse boards are short of officials. Hmmm, wonder why?

Is confronting refs in the parking lot or abusing them acceptable, no, of course not. However, to just "accept" the poor officiating that continues to get worse is also not acceptable. Most refs from NGLL this year can't even be bothered to move down the field. They don't even know the basic rules from your "rulebook". When you have situations like that, it leaves the game un checked, games get out of hand from a physical stand point etc. So while behavior towards officials is not tolerated, there does need to be a change. If you are an official and don't know the rules or couldn't be bothered, then you shouldn't be out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other part of issue with refs, they are creating “floppers”, I’ve already seen the change in last 3 weeks as teams adjusting to constant whistle on any contact.

It’s going to hurt these kids come summer tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other part of issue with refs, they are creating “floppers”, I’ve already seen the change in last 3 weeks as teams adjusting to constant whistle on any contact.

That's why teams like M&D and Hero's do well during summer ( not that they don't do well all year) is because they preach physical play. And even if they get 80% of the whistles during NGLL games, they know when tournaments get physical during the summer, they are prepared..

But yes, it's frustrating the inconsistencies between NGLL and tournament play in regards to what levels of physical play are allowed.

Don't get me started on flopping and charges not being called

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think lots of these girls played indoor all winter, which allows physical play (or you couldn’t play indoor at all) and the girls are keeping that sane style but obviously refs are calling the same game on a 2031 as 2027.

End of day, teams need to adjust. Not sure what can be done. It’s the inconsistency that’s the issue, call it the same on both sides of field.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Is confronting refs in the parking lot or abusing them acceptable, no, of course not. However, to just "accept" the poor officiating that continues to get worse is also not acceptable. Most refs from NGLL this year can't even be bothered to move down the field. They don't even know the basic rules from your "rulebook". When you have situations like that, it leaves the game un checked, games get out of hand from a physical stand point etc. So while behavior towards officials is not tolerated, there does need to be a change. If you are an official and don't know the rules or couldn't be bothered, then you shouldn't be out there.

Dead serious, you should get certified and become a ref and I am not trying to be a smart butt.

It is a thankless job that people do for one of two reasons.

1. They love the game
2. They are working for extra money as a side hustle

If I was referring, I would warn the parents before each game and remind them these girls are X years old. No ref is trying to screw a team and if they are it is likely because their coaches and/or parents stink.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madskillz is loaded and must be well coached. They can win it all.

I think Eagle Stix is less talented than some of the others…but their offense is precise. They have picked our team apart from X hitting cutters. They also have the best (or one the best) draw girls in this class. She is tall and good…did not see her at fall tourney though, so who knows.

Good bet that it’ll be Aces versus the MD champ on TV Sunday. If it’s M&D, take them all day long. They have Aces number.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's why teams like M&D and Hero's do well during summer ( not that they don't do well all year) is because they preach physical play. And even if they get 80% of the whistles during NGLL games, they know when tournaments get physical during the summer, they are prepared..

But yes, it's frustrating the inconsistencies between NGLL and tournament play in regards to what levels of physical play are allowed.

I think you have a legitimate point. Who are the most physical teams in NGLL 2027, and how do they do in summer against NY teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a severe shortage of referees in all sports. Who wants to put up with the abuse from parents, sometimes coaches, and from people who post on forums without knowing what a difficult job it is?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think Eagle Stix is less talented than some of the others…but their offense is precise. They have picked our team apart from X hitting cutters. They also have the best (or one the best) draw girls in this class. She is tall and good…did not see her at fall tourney though, so who knows.

Good bet that it’ll be Aces versus the MD champ on TV Sunday. If it’s M&D, take them all day long. They have Aces number.

All depends on the draw. 4 teams clearly better than the rest -- ES, M&D, MadS, Aces. Assume they are put in different groups. I think whoever get Aces will have an easier road. Best performance was a tie against an undermanned YJ A with losses to MDU, Heros and M&D.

My guess is Robinson sports puts Aces in M&D's group for this reason. Hard to convince me that Eagle Stix and M&D aren't in crash course in the final

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think they are less talented. I think they are less athletic. They aren't aggressive in rides and are content to play in a slower tempo game. They are more than happy to have a four minute offensive position and just wait for defense to make a mistake. I think their settled play defense in head and shoulders better than any MD teams.

They also have 5 or 6 girls on offense who can score, which I don't think any other top 27 team can say.

This is why most of their games are close and they don't blow teams out. The key against them to make them play from behind and try to get your biggest players matched up one on one vs. their top players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think they are less talented. I think they are less athletic. They aren't aggressive in rides and are content to play in a slower tempo game. They are more than happy to have a four minute offensive position and just wait for defense to make a mistake. I think their settled play defense in head and shoulders better than any MD teams.

They also have 5 or 6 girls on offense who can score, which I don't think any other top 27 team can say.

This is why most of their games are close and they don't blow teams out. The key against them to make them play from behind and try to get your biggest players matched up one on one vs. their top players.

What team are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All depends on the draw. 4 teams clearly better than the rest -- ES, M&D, MadS, Aces. Assume they are put in different groups. I think whoever get Aces will have an easier road. Best performance was a tie against an undermanned YJ A with losses to MDU, Heros and M&D.

My guess is Robinson sports puts Aces in M&D's group for this reason. Hard to convince me that Eagle Stix and M&D aren't in crash course in the final
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I were a Maryland team (assume M&D, Hero's or BLC for conversation purposes)....The order I would NOT want to play. And this is based off my daughter playing all 3 various times

Eagle Stix
Aces
Madskilz
YJ

All 4 are great. But for different reasons

Eagle Stix has a big draw girl. Who is really good. She was hurt in the fall...and her replacement was as good or better. They are technically sound. Passing is on point. They do not turn the ball over. And they are extremely patient. Talent wise you think you are better than them. Only to look up and you are down 3 with 5 minutes to go. They are a handful. It was surprising when M&D handled them with ease in NGLL final last year. But they came back a totally different team. Eagle Stix is the favorite to be in the final.

Aces plays fast. Their middies are skilled. The lefty who everyone knows is a beast. Small. But still a beast. And her penalty shot is a lethal weapon. Their main issue is goaltending (my opinion). Not horrible. But not elite. They can score quickly. My opinion is offensively they are right their with the best teams. Defense is a bit reckless. They wear helmets and play a bit careless sometimes. But I respect their game and they score quickly. M&D and Hero's played them a combined 6-7 times last year and they always seemed to lose by exactly 1 goal every time

Madskilz is fast. They play wide open. Fun to watch. Similar to Aces. But faster. Maybe not as technical. But you are going to get 48 (or however many minutes it is) of full effort from those guys. Did I mention they are really fast?

My only question is why is nobody talking about YJ? They are really good and have a heck of a top roster. Not very deep. But their top 12-14 is as good as anyone. They control the pace (similar to BLC)

Other regions are there for field trip only. Enjoy the sites.

My ranking among possible contenders to win the whole thing:

EagleStix
Hero's
M&D
Aces
Madskilz
YJ
BLC

Nobody else has a chance (no offense meant).

Will be easier once brackets are out. Good luck to all 6 Mid-Atlantic teams participating over the next 2 weekends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I were a Maryland team (assume M&D, Hero's or BLC for conversation purposes)....The order I would NOT want to play. And this is based off my daughter playing all 3 various times

Eagle Stix
Aces
Madskilz
YJ

Eagle Stix has a big draw girl. Who is really good. She was hurt in the fall...and her replacement was as good or better. They are technically sound. Passing is on point. They do not turn the ball over. And they are extremely patient. Talent wise you think you are better than them. Only to look up and you are down 3 with 5 minutes to go. They are a handful. It was surprising when M&D handled them with ease in NGLL final last year. But they came back a totally different team. Eagle Stix is the favorite to be in the final.

Aces plays fast. Their middies are skilled. The lefty who everyone knows is a beast. Small. But still a beast. And her penalty shot is a lethal weapon. Their main issue is goaltending (my opinion). Not horrible. But not elite. They can score quickly. My opinion is offensively they are right their with the best teams. Defense is a bit reckless. They wear helmets and play a bit careless sometimes. But I respect their game and they score quickly. M&D and Hero's played them a combined 6-7 times last year and they always seemed to lose by exactly 1 goal every time

Madskilz is fast. They play wide open. Fun to watch. Similar to Aces. But faster. Maybe not as technical. But you are going to get 48 (or however many minutes it is) of full effort from those guys. Did I mention they are really fast?

My only question is why is nobody talking about YJ? They are really good and have a heck of a top roster. Not very deep. But their top 12-14 is as good as anyone. They control the pace (similar to BLC)

EagleStix
Hero's
M&D
Aces
Madskilz
YJ
BLC

Will be easier once brackets are out. Good luck to all 6 Mid-Atlantic teams participating over the next 2 weekends.

Love to know how you have this much knowledge about a bunch of teams from out of state.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eagle Stix
Aces
Madskilz
YJ

EagleStix
Hero's
M&D
Aces
Madskilz
YJ
BLC

Love to know how you have this much knowledge about a bunch of teams from out of state.

I believe my 1st paragraph stated my daughter has played them various times. It if you play at the highest level of 27 lacross you see these teams at tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eagle Stix
Aces
Madskilz
YJ

EagleStix
Hero's
M&D
Aces
Madskilz
YJ
BLC

No one is talking about YJ because they don't play in NGLL.

Agree with your assessments with one exception. Aces isn't close to as deep as the the rest of the teams. They have several starters -- a few defenders and one low attackers who would struggle to make a top 3 MD team. I think they get a bit overrated because #2 for them is probably the best 27 in the country. They have another really good attacker-- #4 and both of their other middle are very fast and can score.

To your point, they are reckless on both sides of the field, several of their attackers lead with their helmets and have seen multiple players get yellows for dangerous shots. They don't create as many turnovers in their ride as M&D, Heros, or Madskillz will. Only 27 team I have ever seen get 6 yellows in a game. (they still won).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eagle Stix
Aces
Madskilz
YJ

EagleStix
Hero's
M&D
Aces
Madskilz
YJ
BLC

Agree with your assessments with one exception. Aces isn't close to as deep as the the rest of the teams. They have several starters -- a few defenders and one low attackers who would struggle to make a top 3 MD team. I think they get a bit overrated because #2 for them is probably the best 27 in the country. They have another really good attacker-- #4 and both of their other middle are very fast and can score.

To your point, they are reckless on both sides of the field, several of their attackers lead with their helmets and have seen multiple players get yellows for dangerous shots. They don't create as many turnovers in their ride as M&D, Heros, or Madskillz will. Only 27 team I have ever seen get 6 yellows in a game. (they still won).

My apologies for including YJ

Did not even realize they were not participating in NGLL

But they are certainly a top team and judging by the schedules out they are going to be at all the top tournaments

I cannot argue with your assessments as well. It's all just conversation based on opinion.

All of the teams mentioned above are fun to watch in their own unique way or style.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not sure why at this point that BLC is being discounted and all the glory is going to M&D.

Who has M&D beaten this year... NOBODY,,, they actually nearly lost to 2 competitive games they had this year, won the last one when the ball bounced off the goalie's back in the last second

Who has BLC beaten this year..... M&D..... and held them to 2 goals

So i would say right now BLC is a head in front of M&D, I am assuming that they will be playing next weekend where we can see if there is any improvement from M&D. But until then, BLC should be in-front of them

To be the best you have to beat the best and BLC did that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not sure why at this point that BLC is being discounted and all the glory is going to M&D.

Who has M&D beaten this year... NOBODY,,, they actually nearly lost to 2 competitive games they had this year, won the last one when the ball bounced off the goalie's back in the last second

So i would say right now BLC is a head in front of M&D, I am assuming that they will be playing next weekend where we can see if there is any improvement from M&D. But until then, BLC should be in-front of them

I agree that BLC has played above expectations this season. Especially after all of the predictions of their downfall earlier this Spring by people on this board.

However, BLC did beat M&D last season only to get smoked by them in the final game. So let's be careful about saying they're the team to beat. It always comes down to the draw with BLC. They have a solid defense with a good goalie. But can they score enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good teams beat each other. It happens. BLC is very good. M&D is very good.

But don't get wrapped up in one game.

Surprises happen all of the time. People's opinions are just that. Opinions. Teams like M&D and Hero's (as well as BLC) have proven track records. Last year M&D had the best year by anyone in the country. So they get the benefit of the doubt. This year it could be Hero's or BLC.

Relax. It will be ok

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The real question about BLC / M&D Black will be who stays, who goes and where.

If you are bottom roster M&D B, you are obviously a very good player but probably not seeing the field a ton except in blowouts.

Do you stay or goes to lower tier program and play a ton?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg

If you are bottom roster M&D B, you are obviously a very good player but probably not seeing the field a ton except in blowouts.

I think this is a question for all of the top tier A teams. I would think, as the girls get older, it is tougher to make the move.

It has to be stressful. Knowing you are on one of the best teams but not a frontline starter. Only to go to a lower tier team and maybe not get the recognition or "shine" of the top teams

Ultimately, do what is best for your daughter. If she is happy, stay put (if she makes it through tryouts). Injuries happen. Could be a play away from being thrusted into a more prominent role.

And blowouts (in theory) should become less numerous as teams get older.

At the same time, if your daughter wants significant playing time, and you don't see it as attainable in the current situation, I would think you would want to make the jump now. Don't want to be the last one without a chair when the music stops.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I doubt many BLC girls go. Many are waiting for Capital tryouts in 14 months.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I think this is a question for all of the top tier A teams. I would think, as the girls get older, it is tougher to make the move.

It has to be stressful. Knowing you are on one of the best teams but not a frontline starter. Only to go to a lower tier team and maybe not get the recognition or "shine" of the top teams

Ultimately, do what is best for your daughter. If she is happy, stay put (if she makes it through tryouts). Injuries happen. Could be a play away from being thrusted into a more prominent role.

And blowouts (in theory) should become less numerous as teams get older.

At the same time, if your daughter wants significant playing time, and you don't see it as attainable in the current situation, I would think you would want to make the jump now. Don't want to be the last one without a chair when the music stops.

Agree, the longer you wait the harder it becomes to move and get established on a team. Can it happen down the road, of course!

End of the day, as a former player I always want to be on the field and compete. Couldn't imagine putting in all the work and ride the bench but as someone else mentioned, if the player is happy that is all that matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I doubt many BLC girls go. Many are waiting for Capital tryouts in 14 months.

Agree with this. May lose 1-2 but I'd expect the group to remain intact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moving to Towson area in mid June and have 2 daughters (2027 and 2029) and looking for a good program. Our girls have been playing in Denver area for about 4 years but I know it is really serious here, any suggestions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moving to Towson area in mid June and have 2 daughters (2027 and 2029) and looking for a good program. Our girls have been playing in Denver area for about 4 years but I know it is really serious here, any suggestions?
Skywalkers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers

They said serious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers

They said serious.

Yes their 27/28 teams are struggling but I’d put their program up against almost anyone in the country. Their recruiting is 10x better than Coppermine, nems, tlc, HoCo, LBC combined.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd have them attend clinics and try out for the following (in order)

1. Skywalkers
2. NEMS
3. TLC

If they play on Team 180 or Urban Elite, they can probably any of these teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine
Really depends what you are looking for.
Try out for more then one club so your daughter can get a feeling of what they want as a club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers

They said serious.
Crush!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers

Get your 27 in particular at Skywalkers now. They will pick up a lot of good girls going into 8th and 9th grade and they will become a dominant team. It happens with all their teams.

If your 27 is a strong player get her there now and try to secure her a spot before they get an influx of girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on Towson area and distance from there. Depending on the girls level of play and PT they are looking for there are a few teams below to consider. M&D or Hero’s are two of the top teams in the area but may be tough to make compared to these other teams. Furthest drive but worth it.

Coppermine is a solid team that honestly could use a couple of talented girls and currently have a core group that is pretty good.

NEMS is a little further drive very similar to Coppermine that the write up would be the same. Without the properties / facilities that Coppermine owns.

Skywalkers is a question mark. Have a great track record in the past with older teams. If they attract the top girls from other teams they could be the best option but if not they would be below the two above. The historically happens around 6th or 7th but hasn’t with this 27 team for some reason. That’s the question mark.

Lesser teams would be TLC or FCA. They would be a last resort it just trying to play club and don’t make any of the five already mentioned.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eagle Stix
Aces
Madskilz
YJ

EagleStix
Hero's
M&D
Aces
Madskilz
YJ
BLC

My apologies for including YJ

Did not even realize they were not participating in NGLL

But they are certainly a top team and judging by the schedules out they are going to be at all the top tournaments

I cannot argue with your assessments as well. It's all just conversation based on opinion.

All of the teams mentioned above are fun to watch in their own unique way or style.

The problem is NGLL outside of DMV is the a majority of states allow middle school kids to play on high school teams. As a result, many clubs opt not to participate or play with much weakened teams.

If the goal is to get the best clubs at nationals, the solution is to allow non-DMV regions to play their NGLL tourneys/games in the early fall before tourney season. I know for a fact multiple NY clubs have asked for this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at brackets for Lax by sea. Yj, FLG, Heroes and S. Jersey select in same bracket. 3 of the 4 I am familiar with. Does anyone know about FLG?

Page 44 of 112 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard