BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Girls 2016 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Information, discussions, and questions covering the teams, clubs, and players in the Girls 2016 age group can be posted here.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2016 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Information, discussions, and questions covering the teams, clubs, and players in the Girls 2016 age group can be posted here.

May as well add threads for all the girls years at this point, 2017, 2018. Plus 2019 teams will be forming right now to play in next summer tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top teams in theis age group are???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
during this past tournament season I had the opportunity to see the following teams play:
Topguns 2016
Suffolk County Allstars 2016
LI Express 2016

I did not see the Yellow jackets 2016 although I saw the results of several top tournanments in which they finished on top.

Also I know tha the LI Express bet both the Topguns and Allstars at Best of the beach

Anyone know the results of a YJ and Express match-up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about Liberty? Are they competitive in this age baracket?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top teams in this age group wouold be
1) YJ blue have not lost to a team in their own age group in tournaments that have playoffs ie when teams are playing it to win.
2)Express, Suffolk county all-stars,Wantagh travel team, all are about on same level
3) yellow jackets gold, Top Guns,
4) Liberty
Yes Yellow jackets and express did play I believe it was at lax for the cure semi finals with YJ winning in a short game by about 3 goals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the persons on the other threads declaring suffolk all-stars to be the best having beaten the yj blue 2x in the past year, give me a break. If you ever beat them in a championship tournament then I will give you some credit but when you played them at the draw you were shut out 0 goals. I do not think I have ever seen any Yj team get shut out. By the way how did you do this weekend at hofstra when you played a team made up of yj blue players in the last game of the day.By the way that team that beat you with ease had 0 subs (the same number of goals you had at the draw)and was missing many of their better players while you guys were at full strength.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
To the persons on the other threads declaring suffolk all-stars to be the best having beaten the yj blue 2x in the past year, give me a break. If you ever beat them in a championship tournament then I will give you some credit but when you played them at the draw you were shut out 0 goals. I do not think I have ever seen any Yj team get shut out. By the way how did you do this weekend at hofstra when you played a team made up of yj blue players in the last game of the day.By the way that team that beat you with ease had 0 subs (the same number of goals you had at the draw)and was missing many of their better players while you guys were at full strength.

The YJs lost to Suffolk County All Stars, deal with it and stop with the excuses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The YJs lost to Suffolk County All Stars, deal with it and stop with the excuses

The Yankees lost 2 games to the Mets this year! That doesn't mean the Mets are a better team! and I am a Met fan! Suffolk All stars are not as good as YJ blue, but they have some good players. Sometimes the better team doesn't win! Especially in Girls lax and the ultra subjective rules!but a win is a win. Congrats!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The YJs lost to Suffolk County All Stars, deal with it and stop with the excuses."
How did you do against yj at the national draw,how did you do against a team of Yj from only 2 towns this weekend at Hofstra.How did you do against the starting line of yj gold this past weekend I heard it was 4-o then they put in the back-ups. When you beat the YJ blue team where the kids from YJ playing out of position the whole game, I have yet to here one scas parent claim that the Yj players were not all out of position.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congrats to 2016 Allstars, way to go

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
because yj blue dont play a lot of teams in there age, they usually play down when they play a long island team, they want to spare the embarassment if they lose. And everybody says this, this is not one persons opinion. at the tournaments the buzz is , what younger team is Yj blue beating up on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not quite sure what you are talking about. I have never seen the yj blue teams play younger teams unless on occasion they play other yj teams who happen to be playing in older divisions.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I have a child who played for express and have played both yj blue and suffolk all-stars. We beat suffolk all-stars and we were beaten by yj blue . In my opinion the better players on yj blue were the more athletic and probably the best players I had seen in that age group. The all-stars may have been better coached running more plays etc. but would be surprised if all-stars would beat them if both teams going all-out.My mediocre town team beat the all-stars in the indoor league last winter but I would not assume the same would happen when all-stars are trying their hardest.Yj blue starters do seem to be physically larger and I have heard that a good number are hold backs but do not know that for a fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First let me state some facts. I have a child on 2016 yj gold.Yes I watched the delaware game in which all-stars beat yj blue by 1 goal.Yes the yj played out of their normal positions the entire game ,defense playing attack ,attack playing defense, both goalies playing equal time etc..Yj down by 1 goal with short time not even pressuring ball.yes suffolk all-stars did beat yj blue,no yj blue did not put their best effort forward . Allstars keep claiming they are better do to this victory , only problem is I watched the two teams play at national draw when both teams were actually trying , all-stars got shut down and had trouble even getting shots off , complete domination score could have been even worse. In my opinion you should have enjoyed your so called victory with out gloating because now they may play to win at every game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First let me state some facts. I have a child on 2016 yj gold.Yes I watched the delaware game in which all-stars beat yj blue by 1 goal.Yes the yj played out of their normal positions the entire game ,defense playing attack ,attack playing defense, both goalies playing equal time etc..Yj down by 1 goal with short time not even pressuring ball.yes suffolk all-stars did beat yj blue,no yj blue did not put their best effort forward . Allstars keep claiming they are better do to this victory , only problem is I watched the two teams play at national draw when both teams were actually trying , all-stars got shut down and had trouble even getting shots off , complete domination score could have been even worse. In my opinion you should have enjoyed your so called victory with out gloating because now they may play to win at every game.

YJ parents, you didn't hear? In the game where the YJs beat the AllStars, the AllStars were missing their two best players (they subbed into a Northwestern University scrimmage), one of their best defenders scraped her knee in the game before (which required a band-aid), and their goalie had a 98.8 degree fever (luckily, she did not require medical treatment). THAT'S why the AllStars lost to the YJs, the second game.

Kind of annoying, all these excuses, huh YJs? Now you know how everyone feels when they read your nonsense every time a YJ team loses. The AllStars beat the YJs, fair and square, the first time they played. Everyone saw it. Just wish them well and move on, please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still amazes me that not one person will state the yj team was not playing out of position in their loss to suffolk county all-stars.If you believe that they were not playing out of position then call the YJ posters out on it. You will not do it because you know its true. Such a big fan of all-stars then how did they do against express this year. How did they do this weekend against the yj blue players, I will let you know all-stars got it handed to them .Not sure but I heard all-stars got smoked by the wantagh town team.Keep dreaming unfortunately your team is just not very athletic.Have you guys ever won any tournament that actual scores are kept?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
OMGosh, can you guys stop this bickering?

From what I've read here, All Stars beat a YJ team, YJ are claiming their team wasn't playing full strength. Does that sum it up? Can we move on now?

Maybe this winter those teams will play again and we can revisit this, and then we can revisit it during tournament season. The truth will emerge on the playing field, but for now, enough already. The two factions will never agree, so can you just agree to disagree and let it get settled in future competitions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Kind of annoying, all these excuses, huh YJs? Now you know how everyone feels when they read your nonsense every time a YJ team loses."
The difference is you have made up obvious stories in order to be sarcastic but you have still not refuted the facts that the all-stars have not beaten the yj when actual scores are kept.By the way excellent use of the deputy to clear the ball did the girls learn that when they were playing for Northwestern or did their little sisters show them that one.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
OMGosh, can you guys stop this bickering?

From what I've read here, All Stars beat a YJ team, YJ are claiming their team wasn't playing full strength. Does that sum it up? Can we move on now?

Maybe this winter those teams will play again and we can revisit this, and then we can revisit it during tournament season. The truth will emerge on the playing field, but for now, enough already. The two factions will never agree, so can you just agree to disagree and let it get settled in future competitions?
Powderfinger is exactly right here and this argument is just another reason why the need for a premier league structure that we discussed in the Sage Advice : Crystal Ball Article will eventually be the required proving ground to rank the teams. Aside from a select few tournaments, there is just no clear competitive league forum where the need to play the best to remain in the league is set.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
The difference is you have made up obvious stories in order to be sarcastic but you have still not refuted the facts that the all-stars have not beaten the yj when actual scores are kept.
If the Yellow Jackets used this particular game for DEVELOPMENT, why should the results bother a Yellow Jackets team member?

It is not a matter of setting parameters like "when actual scores are kept". A game was played, the All-Stars played to WIN THE GAME, the Yellow Jackets took a DEVELOPMENTAL APPROACH, and the result stands.

If the WIN actually matters, do not take the field with a DEVELOPMENTAL APPROACH.

Quite frankly, BOTC likes the fact that a developmental tactic was employed in this instance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All Stars is a very good team and the two coaches are dedicated great people, and should be commended for their team. They are all good athletes and should be proud of each game they play, as should all of these girls. Having said that, the YJ team that played all stars was comprised of players from Blue, Gold and Red. That's how YJ does it for the fall ball. The CGC team that played all stars at the end of the day was all Blue team players and were not playing the all stars with the yj team earlier in the day. Hofstra needed another team for the tourney so they put together Commack and Garden City girls and threw together a team CGC. Fall Ball should all be developmental. Not sure why everyone is getting so amped up over this. They're 13 year old girls and many of them are friends. It's a few crazy parents that take all of this to another level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2016 blue parents, You have a very good team, stop making excuses for your losses. Every year its the same thing, EXCUSES. You lost to Allstars and thats it. Did the allstars make excuses when you beat them at National Draw? NO. did they have all there girls there? who knows and who cares. you won that one and they won the other. drop it already

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who plays games to lose? "you play to win the game" Herm Edwards said. except for the YJ, they only play to win some of the time. that pathetic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you should pay more attention.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
who plays games to lose? "you play to win the game" Herm Edwards said. except for the YJ, they only play to win some of the time. that pathetic
Last comment on this All Stars vs. Yellow Jacket one-game debate : no one plays to lose however there are times when a coach will play to develop different skills and perspectives on the field which seems to be the case here. Those revised positions are being attributed for the results in one particular game. Since the goal was to play in alternate positions, the end-results were less important than the development experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
give me a break

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Your quoting herm edwards one of the worst jets coaches in history. Ask him if they played all of their preseason games to win , of course they did not.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
" Aside from a select few tournaments,"
Cage which tournaments are you talking about, you seem to be level headed in regard to the question as to best travel team.If you were doing rankings would you take into account so called results from showcase tournaments,I say so called results because no score is actually kept so the outcome at these tournaments is sometimes the subject of debate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These tourneys are used to evaluate girls and their placement for the following summer. I wasnt making excuses, just giving some insight into how the organization is run. I am very close with a few of those all star players and their parents, as I have friends on other travel teams. The problem with these boards is its always hostile and at least on my part it is not my intention

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My two cents on the Suffolk County All-stars 2016 team:
They have a pretty good core of 6 or 7 girls and then the drop off begins... They rely very heavily on their starters and do not substitute very often... leaving some very unhappy players on the sideline for most of the game. The bottom players are kinda disgruntled about making long drives and staying in hotels and not seeing much of the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why does anyone care which is the best team in this age group? they are 13/14 year old girls - i like the line about backups being played - dont all the girls who make the team play equal?Why are they considered backups? I am sure the parents on the team like there kids to be called backups since they pay the same amount as the starters. Why pay the same amount as all the other girls and not play? If a girl is on the yj blue and does not play does that help her? I would rather my kid be on a different team and play then sit on the bench in 100 degree heat and watch other kids play - think about it. and why do the yj have so many differnt levels of teams only 1 is the best from what i hear. the rest is for what? Why have them?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[b]The top teams in theis age group are???
To answer the original question I will try to be impartial and back it up without the nonsense
1)YJ Blue Beat all-stars,and Express in championship format
Beat YJ gold in non championship format
Beat all-stars in last matchup-non championship
Only loss during summer in their age group was to allstars, have beaten them in 2 out of last 3 matchups
2)Express Beat all-stars, only loss I know of in age group was to YJ blue although seem to avoid the bigger tournaments
3) All-stars Beat yj blue non championship format
Lost to Express
Beat YJ gold non championship format
Lost to YJ Blue championship format
Seem able to keep majority of team together on year round basis
Feel free to pick it apart but at least support your reasons.That being said I also believe any of the above can beat each other on any given day but more often than not yj blue would be the team to beat right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you got your facts wrong...All stars smoked the wantagh town team by at least 7-8 goals. And in the game vs YJ Gold if you could see the way that coach was screaming it would be hard to believe after being up 4-0 that he put his back up players in for the balance.
Until lacrosse uses player cards like soccer to avoid moving players from teams to increase odds of winning there is no way to really know "who" is on the field.
All this back and forth is such nonsense. Why dont we all just agree that there is more competition out there in this age group which is a GOOD thing. It is ridiculous to believe that only ONE team is the best- Having many teams- YJ, top guns, Express, All stars etc provides more competition and opportunities/ choice for players to find the best fit both in terms of philosophy and coaching. Will YJ blue win more often then not- maybe but on any given day these other teams have the potential and have actually beat them- fair and square- score or no score.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why does anyone care which is the best team in this age group? they are 13/14 year old girls - i like the line about backups being played - dont all the girls who make the team play equal?Why are they considered backups? I am sure the parents on the team like there kids to be called backups since they pay the same amount as the starters. Why pay the same amount as all the other girls and not play? If a girl is on the yj blue and does not play does that help her? I would rather my kid be on a different team and play then sit on the bench in 100 degree heat and watch other kids play - think about it. and why do the yj have so many differnt levels of teams only 1 is the best from what i hear. the rest is for what? Why have them?

People do care, The people who are involved in the very top teams- the players, the parents, the coaches, the college recruiters / coaches. If you tink no one is paying attention to the girls at this age you are dead wrong. The standouts from these teams are definately on the radar. It all depends on what your daughter aspires to. Of course sitting on the bench doesn't greatly help, but even those players will get playing time, so maybe its better than more playing time on a team with little expectations, maybe not. At bare minimum if your daughter has high expectations, she shuold be playing for one of the clubs at least in the conversation of being the best. As for the third and forth teams of yj, you have them because the girls still enjoy playing the sport and participating in tournaments. They will not be the girls going D1,and may not even want to play in college, but if they enjoy it, good for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"It is ridiculous to believe that only ONE team is the best"
BY best I do not believe they are talking about best fit so I would say that one team probably is the best team ,otherwise they should never do championship type tournaments.Section xi seems to have a reasonable take on the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to allstar parents: get your coach to do some real tournaments, then you will see how you stand up against real competition.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I do not think that is a fair statement in regards to all-stars after all they did attend the national draw.Just because they do not attend all the championship tournaments the yj do is no reason to knock them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone from All Stars tell me where do your kids go to college from your program? Do you have an alumni list? Who is your recruiting liason?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone from All Stars tell me where do your kids go to college from your program? Do you have an alumni list? Who is your recruiting liason?

I'm not involved with the all-stars at all, but this info was easily available so I figured I would help you out. It's an impressive list. Currently I recognize that Erin Fitzgerald is on the list, she plays for 6 or seven time(forget how many titles they have at this point) NCAA DivI champs- Northwestern and is the second leading goal and points scorer on that team behind Shannon Smith, who lead the nation in all those catagories. (see alumni list below)

All Star
College
High School

Kristen Anderson
Rutgers University
Shoreham Wading River HS

Liz Fey
Duquesne University/Adelphi
Kings Park HS

Lindsay Daly
Stevens Institute of Technology
St Anthony's HS