BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 29 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 28 29
Re: Boys 2025-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WORST CHAIN EVER NOONE CARES. Is any club team practicing regularly now?
If no one cares why do you ask? To answer your question, yes.
My sons team in top MCLA D-1 conference out west, practices usually 5 days per 2 hours a day unless they have game. 15 game schedule, fly or charter bus to away games. There is a conference tournament plus division tournament to crown overall champ.

I can tell you as spectator at the St As vs Chaminade freshman game, which was great. There was a lot a good players, but not real stand out potential 5 star talent.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons team in top MCLA D-1 conference out west, practices usually 5 days per 2 hours a day unless they have game. 15 game schedule, fly or charter bus to away games. There is a conference tournament plus division tournament to crown overall champ.

I can tell you as spectator at the St As vs Chaminade freshman game, which was great. There was a lot a good players, but not real stand out potential 5 star talent.

The Chaminade Frosh team has a couple of boys playing on Soph team. Friars are not as good as their parents are advertising.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Chaminade Frosh team has a couple of boys playing on Soph team. Friars are not as good as their parents are advertising.

Yeah because they tied JVA so they must not be good…lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah because they tied JVA so they must not be good…lol

Mommy, it was a scrimmage, no one cares about the score of a scrimmage except you and our coaches who only played 15 kids when they played everyone. So stop it, your ignorance is embarrassing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They aren’t as good as you think they are and it’s obvious that there is no #32 on that roster. Sorry Mommies and Daddies

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They aren’t as good as you think they are and it’s obvious that there is no #32 on that roster. Sorry Mommies and Daddies

32?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the Mommy and the Daddy that were keeping score at the St.As JVB v Chaminade JVA scrimmage a few weeks ago? Those posts on here and on other Social Media sure didn’t age well.

Don’t embarrass yourselves like that ever again. There is no scorekeeping at a scrimmage! Don’t do it! It’s just dense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the Mommy and the Daddy that were keeping score at the St.As JVB v Chaminade JVA scrimmage a few weeks ago? Those posts on here and on other Social Media sure didn’t age well.

Don’t embarrass yourselves like that ever again. There is no scorekeeping at a scrimmage! Don’t do it! It’s just dense.

Ummm … SA was dominating in first half. Still a better team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ummm ... Last I checked, the only score that matters is the final!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First you score a scrimmage and now you count the score at halftime! Hehehehe

Momma, you must be new to this!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the Varsity game go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t care. The Varsity is the best in the country. Just making a point to the mommy scorekeeper and daddy ball coach of the freshman (2025) team. We all know who they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t care. The Varsity is the best in the country. Just making a point to the mommy scorekeeper and daddy ball coach of the freshman (2025) team. We all know who they are.

Your point is not well taken and makes zero sense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question about travel teams for this group, freshman year and after. Son currently plays for an above average travel program and starts on varsity for a decent HS team. I don't really see him continuing on to a play D1 lacrosse. He'll go to a D1 college just not to play lacrosse. Not interested in lesser known university just to play college lacrosse, this is not a knock for those that choose to do so. Most of his travel team has or will gravitate to LIE or 91 because they attend private hs (I assume their coaches demand this?). Is it worth it to continue shelling out 4k per year to practice maybe once a month and attend a handful of tournaments? His HS practices don't seem all that challenging and the skills he has acquired are due mostly to his travel coaches. Torn on what to do to maintain his skills and lacrosse IQ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question about travel teams for this group, freshman year and after. Son currently plays for an above average travel program and starts on varsity for a decent HS team. I don't really see him continuing on to a play D1 lacrosse. He'll go to a D1 college just not to play lacrosse. Not interested in lesser known university just to play college lacrosse, this is not a knock for those that choose to do so. Most of his travel team has or will gravitate to LIE or 91 because they attend private hs (I assume their coaches demand this?). Is it worth it to continue shelling out 4k per year to practice maybe once a month and attend a handful of tournaments? His HS practices don't seem all that challenging and the skills he has acquired are due mostly to his travel coaches. Torn on what to do to maintain his skills and lacrosse IQ.

Yes there are a lot lesser known schools. But there is a wonderful opportunity at so many schools that are D2 and D3 that will provide for a top notch education. And for club, every club is different, especially at this age. Our club will pick up again in Mid May and practice twice a week and play 5 tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes there are a lot lesser known schools. But there is a wonderful opportunity at so many schools that are D2 and D3 that will provide for a top notch education. And for club, every club is different, especially at this age. Our club will pick up again in Mid May and practice twice a week and play 5 tournaments.
Travel clubs at HS grades, especially after freshman are nothing more than a platform to promote their brand. Their is very little coaching, all showcase tournaments and once a kid commits they tale ALL the credit. Kids hang around and play club because that's the only option to stay sharp for HS. Some argue the recruiting and getting seen is all the club directors doing, I say its a combination. Mostly recruiting falls to the players and parents doing the legwork. If the price is right go for it and play, if it's 4k plus find another club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Travel clubs at HS grades, especially after freshman are nothing more than a platform to promote their brand. Their is very little coaching, all showcase tournaments and once a kid commits they tale ALL the credit. Kids hang around and play club because that's the only option to stay sharp for HS. Some argue the recruiting and getting seen is all the club directors doing, I say its a combination. Mostly recruiting falls to the players and parents doing the legwork. If the price is right go for it and play, if it's 4k plus find another club.

A large part of it, after the Top 50 are released every September, is all parent work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most HS coaches can’t even get the score and stats into Newsday in time. I would stop HS before I stopped travel

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most HS coaches can’t even get the score and stats into Newsday in time. I would stop HS before I stopped travel
You're not paying $5k for hs lacrosse but you are for travel

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$5k a year for 7 years.....all for a piece of 12.4 scholarships worth about $12k. Sounds like a good investment. If you took that 35k, and invested wisely, the kid wouldn't have to pay a dime for college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Said by a Club Director!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$5k a year for 7 years.....all for a piece of 12.4 scholarships worth about $12k. Sounds like a good investment. If you took that 35k, and invested wisely, the kid wouldn't have to pay a dime for college.
Im paying for character development. Small price to pay to learn all the lessons and make all the friends we have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Im paying for character development. Small price to pay to learn all the lessons and make all the friends we have.

Try developing your kid's character yourself. It's cheaper and you know what you're getting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You paid $5K per year to make friends?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, some of these club directors and coaches are full of high moral character and development! The wisdom of life is overflowing. Lets see how many of these 'friends' you will still have after the drone of the Jersey Turnpike commute is over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF summer kickoff is kinda thin. How do founding members not even show up? Wasn’t that the point of starting this thing. Get the best teams together at tourneys. Also, Middletown…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Asking for a friend, lol. Should we expect to see a drop in the typical 4 to 5K tuition for travel clubs next season? Practices down to 1x per week next year, fall will be optional or non-existent and the team concept goes out the window in favor of recruitment. My kid will most likely not be playing in college and if he does it's not the deciding factor in choosing a school. Plenty of kids still play travel to stay sharp for hs but is it worth the cost if they continue to gouge us? What other options are there? I've already seen the adverts for registrations and tryouts $100 per kid and most of them already play for those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very good question. I was wondering the same for my son. He is a goalie who had played club for 4 years but did not this year because he wanted to concentrate on club soccer and his school team. His school team and program is a mess right now, and debating if he should get back on a club team (if he wants to). I know his former club team has barley practiced this spring will all the boys playing school ball. Not sure if 4-5k for next yr is worth the limited practice and just playing tourneys. Plus there is only so much time in the day to play both club soccer and lax.

Now that soccer and school lax is over he has the itch to keep playing. If anyone needs a 2025 goalie to help fill in due to injury or conflict reply with a number and I will reach out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very good question. I was wondering the same for my son. He is a goalie who had played club for 4 years but did not this year because he wanted to concentrate on club soccer and his school team. His school team and program is a mess right now, and debating if he should get back on a club team (if he wants to). I know his former club team has barley practiced this spring will all the boys playing school ball. Not sure if 4-5k for next yr is worth the limited practice and just playing tourneys. Plus there is only so much time in the day to play both club soccer and lax.

Now that soccer and school lax is over he has the itch to keep playing. If anyone needs a 2025 goalie to help fill in due to injury or conflict reply with a number and I will reach out.

In the same boat. Really don't want to shell out the money for travel but what other options are there to stay sharp. He's a starter on varsity but probably not playing in college, academics far outweigh lacrosse. His current travel team parents all think their kid is D1 material and the directors are pushing the recruiting events hard to promote their brand. Paying that money for a handful of events seems nuts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the same boat. Really don't want to shell out the money for travel but what other options are there to stay sharp. He's a starter on varsity but probably not playing in college, academics far outweigh lacrosse. His current travel team parents all think their kid is D1 material and the directors are pushing the recruiting events hard to promote their brand. Paying that money for a handful of events seems nuts.

Start your own team. Not trying to be a wise guy, if you can find about 16 players (3 on here already) you have a team enter local tournaments. Hire a coach, there are plenty of College kids or recent college grads that would love to make some money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Start your own team. Not trying to be a wise guy, if you can find about 16 players (3 on here already) you have a team enter local tournaments. Hire a coach, there are plenty of College kids or recent college grads that would love to make some money.
Yeah, lmk how that works out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, lmk how that works out

Not recommended. Better getting a core group and approaching a club and make a deal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Faceoff this weekend. Excited to see how this group progressed after playing hs ball. Supposedly a B level tournament. Any guesses as to who stacks their roster and shows up with their A players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Faceoff this weekend. Excited to see how this group progressed after playing hs ball. Supposedly a B level tournament. Any guesses as to who stacks their roster and shows up with their A players?
Same team that was advertising for goalie all summer? Forcegloo? Do they even have a B team or do they just play "down"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same team that was advertising for goalie all summer? Forcegloo? Do they even have a B team or do they just play "down"

They all be better. But the Turtles are the best team. I love how they sell themselves during tryouts as an A team and we entering A tourneys, blah blah…and play B? It’s likely keep their top players and convince a few others to join.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hornets take out the Turtles. Guess the good players left

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And now Flurry beats everyone. They didn’t have a team after tryouts. So let’s bring A team players to play B I guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All those A players who allow their kids to play just to get “game film” taking away time from b team should be ashamed of themselves but mostly the program is in disarray

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s JV now stunands. A B C levels. ? If you here complaining about competition and levels and playing time and directors and and and and and whatever the team did or didn’t have to snack on in between games it time to focus on the SAT and another extra-cirricular activity or two for little Timmy. Get mad at yourself for writing the check to these clubs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Farmingdale fields seen better days
and it’s only first week in June Mix in a lawnmower 91/DLT cheapfux

Page 23 of 29 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard