BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 236 of 264 1 2 234 235 236 237 238 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
St A’s has a five star LSM on JV who is so good he would have made the difference in both of those losses. Those losses are on the coaches.

Ok dad. Relax. He will get his turn one day. Also, try and remember that lacrosse is a team sport.

He is transferring. Leaving in a huff because he didn’t play on Varsity.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St A’s has a five star LSM on JV who is so good he would have made the difference in both of those losses. Those losses are on the coaches.

Ok dad. Relax. He will get his turn one day. Also, try and remember that lacrosse is a team sport.

He's going back to public and playing with 9 other kids on JV.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Dad
A. LOL to that response
B. I have no skin in this argument but there is ZERO chance that is remotely true even at that school. If you really had someone THAT good, he'd be playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question is, did he deserve to play on Varsity? And, did they just not choose him to play because of something other than his skills? Then, that’s not fair. Even if he has obnoxious parents as other poster suggesting? (I don’t even know who kid is) Is it fair to the kid to be punished for
the parents?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question is, did he deserve to play on Varsity? And, did they just not choose him to play because of something other than his skills? Then, that’s not fair. Even if he has obnoxious parents as other poster suggesting? (I don’t even know who kid is) Is it fair to the kid to be punished for
the parents?

Just because his club coach says he's a 5-star, doesn't mean he is.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HAHA thanks Mom or Dad (crazy).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Dad
A. LOL to that response
B. I have no skin in this argument but there is ZERO chance that is remotely true even at that school. If you really had someone THAT good, he'd be playing.

Ask around, you’ll find that there is 100% a very good LSM on SA JV. Will he be a 5 star? That’s yet to be seen, but he is VERY talented, and is more than good enough to be a difference maker at the varsity level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Dad
A. LOL to that response

Ask around, you’ll find that there is 100% a very good LSM on SA JV. Will he be a 5 star? That’s yet to be seen, but he is VERY talented, and is more than good enough to be a difference maker at the varsity level.
Remind me again why we care?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Dad
A. LOL to that response

Remind me again why we care?

Says the guy sitting on a high school lacrosse message board, shouldn’t need a reminder as to why you care. This page didn’t just pop up in your internet explorer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I sure would like to see a best of LI tournament in June where all the semifinal teams from the four Suffolk conferences and four Nassau conferences and the two Catholic AAA teams play each other to see who really is the best. If St. Anthony's really is 3-5 goals better than everyone else, so be it. Just make sure you get decent officials (who can actually run the length of the field and know the rules) to call all of the games - maybe they should come from college or the PLL.

This would be pretty cool

Definitely not easy being a referee but there needs to be a head ref who can make a final decision. 8-12 minute 'ref conferences' on the field and calls made by refs furthest from the action is inexcusable.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll bet none of the coaches want to deal with the kid because of his parents. You're the problem not the coaches.

This is 100% correct......take it to heart parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Move the playoffs to Homewood. AA county teams should have to travel to Baltimore. Best MIAA teams should get home field advantage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hahaha. My son is a 8.78-star in 8th grade and would make a difference on any team that he plays for

But the second part may be correct in that it could be on the coaches...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll bet none of the coaches want to deal with the kid because of his parents. You're the problem not the coaches.

This is 100% correct. Very talented player. Not sure he changes those losses ..take it to heart parents.
So impressed with how quickly St A's comes with the excuses....I asked around, he is very good. We'll see if he impacts LV next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is 100% correct. Very talented player. Not sure he changes those losses ..take it to heart parents.
So impressed with how quickly St A's comes with the excuses....I asked around, he is very good. We'll see if he impacts LV next year.

No excuses, A crazy parent wants to lash out at a coaching staff for not pulling up there son. I wonder why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nor a parent. Have just watched him play over the years. Great kid. Great family. Unbelievably competitive. Was mvp of 24s junior invitational at stonybrook last summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nor a parent. Have just watched him play over the years. Great kid. Great family. Unbelievably competitive. Was mvp of 24s junior invitational at stonybrook last summer.

No idea who this kid is, but please. That has as much to do with which 2024 team he plays on as anything else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No not a team event. Only the elite kids get invited. Then put on teams. For an LSM to win MVP is unusual.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No excuses, A crazy parent wants to lash out at a coaching staff for not pulling up there son. I wonder why?

Why would you even want your kid pulled up? He'll get more time and reps on JV, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with playing JV at Chaminade and St. Anthony's. There's no stigma.

I sure would like to see a best of LI tournament in June where all the semifinal teams from the four Suffolk conferences and four Nassau conferences and the two Catholic AAA teams play each other to see who really is the best. If St. Anthony's really is 3-5 goals better than everyone else, so be it. Just make sure you get decent officials (who can actually run the length of the field and know the rules) to call all of the games - maybe they should come from college or the PLL.

This would be pretty cool

Long Island high school games generally have better refereeing than college ones do at any level. I can't speak to the PLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a 2023 that will be going into the class of 2025. Playing JV because he is leaving for prep school next year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a 2023 that will be going into the class of 2025. Playing JV because he is leaving for prep school next year

So, are you saying Coaches knew he was leaving for a prep school anyways? So, Why give a spot on Varsity to someone leaving??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, are you saying Coaches knew he was leaving for a prep school anyways? So, Why give a spot on Varsity to someone leaving??

WHO CARES

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure this question has been asked but why isn't there a power conference in Nassau, or something like that. My sons team has played 4 good games out of 12, its unwatchable. Something has to change, any suggestions...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure this question has been asked but why isn't there a power conference in Nassau, or something like that. My sons team has played 4 good games out of 12, its unwatchable. Something has to change, any suggestions...
Suffolk county has the same problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In Section 1, typically over half of your games are selected by the HC/school. So for the most part, an elite team can build a 15 game schedule with only a couple of cupcakes. Teams typically play Jersey or Ct or even LI teams. I think it helps to not be landlocked on the island. But there are enough top teams out there that a great scheduled can be crafted - so long as its not loaded up on teams you are forced to play. That is the key.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would any coach want to burn his team out all season and then try to win a NYS championship?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would any coach want to burn his team out all season and then try to win a NYS championship?

Gotta be a better system. My sons conference games have been an absolute joke. Margin of victory in 6 conference games to date has been +13 goals.
Has to be a way to blend enrollment size & skill level.
Girls lacrosse does it....... Why not boys?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BURN kids out take a look at the West Islip coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gotta be a better system. My sons conference games have been an absolute joke. Margin of victory in 6 conference games to date has been +13 goals.
Absolutely agree. Girls have 5 divisions aligned by ability, regardless of school size, than they go to playoffs by group size, those playing in top divisions get highest seeds. Boys regular season in conference is meaningless and not challenging for the middle tier schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He didn’t win mvp at juniors. There was none at the 24 juniors open level. Maybe for a single game but not for the event. Good but overly aggressive can hurt him especially in a big game. Why we talking about this. SA and Cham has situations like this often.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WHO CARES

I don’t but social services should and as so often happens it won’t work out for those trying to game the system. What world do the parents live in where they tell their 11th grade kid, we’re putting you back in 9th grade? That’s not reality. Your setting your kid up to fail.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Does anyone know how Smithtown West boys did today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lost to West Islip

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Wow surprising. Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In Section 1, typically over half of your games are selected by the HC/school. So for the most part, an elite team can build a 15 game schedule with only a couple of cupcakes. Teams typically play Jersey or Ct or even LI teams. I think it helps to not be landlocked on the island. But there are enough top teams out there that a great scheduled can be crafted - so long as its not loaded up on teams you are forced to play. That is the key.

Sec XI allows 2 non conference games.. So we get beat up by the top schools every year... running clock in a few games.. group by ability..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the season comes to an end for most of our boys, senior parents, hope you enjoyed the ride. Junior parents.. strap in.. The last ride starts now.. Underclass, enjoy these last few years.. for some, it will be their last until grandkids, it goes by too fast and many of us don't realize it until it is over..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trying to remember the last time a saw a girls' game with contact.......nope never saw one. The boys play a contact sport, just because your son's team got blown out by six goals a game is not indicative of good teams having to bury themselves in a super competitive game every week. Colleges don't do it either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely agree. Girls have 5 divisions aligned by ability, regardless of school size, than they go to playoffs by group size, those playing in top divisions get highest seeds. Boys regular season in conference is meaningless and not challenging for the middle tier schools.

Again, it's not productive to have to play a top team week in and week out. Alabama football plays a ridiculous schedule when they don't have an SEC opponent lined up. Why don't they play Oklahoma? USC? or any other good team from outside the SEC? Because you can't sustain that level every week. Stop trying to entertain yourselves, see it as a coach, not a fan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WHO CARES

I don’t but social services should and as so often happens it won’t work out for those trying to game the system. What world do the parents live in where they tell their 11th grade kid, we’re putting you back in 9th grade? That’s not reality. Your setting your kid up to fail.

Hmmmm, never an issue in football or basketball. Let's be clear, the vast majority of those kids succeed, they don't fail. Just look at the rosters for previous years and see where they are now. Really simple. Very few failures. Your theory is incorrect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, it's not productive to have to play a top team week in and week out. Alabama football plays a ridiculous schedule when they don't have an SEC opponent lined up. Why don't they play Oklahoma? USC? or any other good team from outside the SEC? Because you can't sustain that level every week. Stop trying to entertain yourselves, see it as a coach, not a fan.[/quote]

It's less productive to play in a conference that only fields 4 or 5 competitive teams out of 15. The majority of games the better players are either done by halftime or playing other positions. Bad job all around in Nassau. Follow the girls conference model and figure it out.

Like Reply Quote
Page 236 of 264 1 2 234 235 236 237 238 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard