Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/30/22 12:05 AM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 10:51 PM
Boys 2029-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 10:42 PM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 10:36 PM
Boys 2031-3rd Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 10:12 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,148
Posts341,033
Members2,462
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 219 of 227 1 2 217 218 219 220 221 226 227
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
B_O_T_C #378075 05/08/22 12:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I went 7 and 3 wed
I went 9 and 4 Thursday
I went 8 and 2 Friday
I went 42 and 14 for May
I went 81 and 30 in April
Season I’m 164 and 57
A couple games are still pending because of weather cancellations. I’ll update those next week.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
Anonymous #378102 05/08/22 04:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I went 7 and 3 wed
I went 9 and 4 Thursday
I went 8 and 2 Friday
I went 42 and 14 for May
I went 81 and 30 in April
Season I’m 164 and 57
A couple games are still pending because of weather cancellations. I’ll update those next week.
Did you write it out and put it on your nightstand though?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
B_O_T_C #378159 05/09/22 06:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
12-2 on Saturday, 156-49 overall (for those that are not bothered with my accountability).

Today’s predictions:

Bronxville at Briarcliff: Bclf

Hastings at Dobbs Ferry: DF

Rye Neck at Albertus Magnus: RN

Brewster at Carmel: Car

Blind Brook at Eastchester: BB

L/Panas at Somers: Somers

Westlake at North Salem: West

Irvington at Keio: K

Mamaroneck at Mahopac: Mamo, unless they have no HHH

Scarsdale at Harrison: Scar

Arlington at Nyack: Arl

Nanuet at Tappan Zee: TZ

Hen Hud at Wappingers: HH

Haldane at Putnam Valley: PV

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
Anonymous #378181 05/09/22 09:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I went 7 and 3 wed
I went 9 and 4 Thursday
I went 8 and 2 Friday
I went 42 and 14 for May
I went 81 and 30 in April
Season I’m 164 and 57
A couple games are still pending because of weather cancellations. I’ll update those next week.

Just talk the talk, step-up, identify your picks prior to your results. But you won't, because you couldn’t even go .500

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
Anonymous #378231 05/09/22 11:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why do you care what this guy posts? Let him make his predictions and give us his "insights". It's more interesting than people talking about how Yorktown's program is so rich and everyone is good now because of them.

Exactly! I find it fun that a guy cares about picking scores and how he does. Caring about HS lax is fine by me.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
Anonymous #378234 05/09/22 11:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
12-2 on Saturday, 156-49 overall (for those that are not bothered with my accountability).

Today’s predictions:

Bronxville at Briarcliff: Bclf

V

Can we talk about Bcliff vs Bville in final regular season game is a set-up for that Class D playoff clash? I would expect either team to make it to NY state finals vs Cold Spring Harbor but one is going to be sitting home.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
Anonymous #378256 05/09/22 12:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
12-2 on Saturday, 156-49 overall (for those that are not bothered with my accountability).

Today’s predictions:

Bronxville at Briarcliff: Bclf

V

Can we talk about Bcliff vs Bville in final regular season game is a set-up for that Class D playoff clash? I would expect either team to make it to NY state finals vs Cold Spring Harbor but one is going to be sitting home.


I have no skin in the game, nor have i seen either team. But reading the tea leaves (lohuds scores and US Lacrosse magazine, which lists Briarcliff in the top 25 HS teams in the NE region), I believe Briarcliff rolls over Bronxville, just like the crushed Yorktown.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
B_O_T_C #378314 05/09/22 03:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A couple of very interesting games this week. The Briarcliff-Bronxville i think is a preview of the class D final. It does not have as much impact on standings going into the playoffs. This is the 1-2 regardless of who is in what position.

Lakeland vs. Somers and Brewster this week. A win in either of those - most likely the Brewster game - should move them to the 7th spot and a bye and (for now) a rematch with Yorktown... If Yorktown takes care of business

Arlington had some good upsets this year (JJ, Byram and a tight L to North Rockland) if they can pull off another at Yorktown, would push Town down to the 3 seed and having them face Rye in the Semis

Greeley/Clarkstown S looks like to be the lone first round game in B unless Harrison pulls out a miracle this week.

Class C is a tossup between about 5 teams so lots of movement this week.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
B_O_T_C #378339 05/09/22 08:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two solid games in the last week go to OT and have some questionable penalties called and the GWG is scored on the ensuing penalty.

Scarsdale-Mamo the only penalty of the game was a softy in OT when the Attacker fell and it was called a push. VERY questionable, espcially for the first one in the game

Today so a less-questionable hold on the Bears in OT, but a bang-bang play that the official could have swallowed the whistle on.

You have to execute to be sure, but two realtively soft calls in each case.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
B_O_T_C #378378 05/10/22 08:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly a biased opinion there, the briarcliff defenders did a terrible slide and definitely held the bxville player up high, right call for any ref.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
Anonymous #378418 05/10/22 10:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Two solid games in the last week go to OT and have some questionable penalties called and the GWG is scored on the ensuing penalty.

Scarsdale-Mamo the only penalty of the game was a softy in OT when the Attacker fell and it was called a push. VERY questionable, espcially for the first one in the game

Today so a less-questionable hold on the Bears in OT, but a bang-bang play that the official could have swallowed the whistle on.

You have to execute to be sure, but two realtively soft calls in each case.

I have seen kids get wacked in the head with no calls, sometimes more than once on same possession, clear offsides with no call all season, clear passes get called shots, clear shots get called passes and we are talking about a soft call ?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
Anonymous #378444 05/10/22 11:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A couple of very interesting games this week. The Briarcliff-Bronxville i think is a preview of the class D final. It does not have as much impact on standings going into the playoffs. This is the 1-2 regardless of who is in what position.

Lakeland vs. Somers and Brewster this week. A win in either of those - most likely the Brewster game - should move them to the 7th spot and a bye and (for now) a rematch with Yorktown... If Yorktown takes care of business

Arlington had some good upsets this year (JJ, Byram and a tight L to North Rockland) if they can pull off another at Yorktown, would push Town down to the 3 seed and having them face Rye in the Semis

Greeley/Clarkstown S looks like to be the lone first round game in B unless Harrison pulls out a miracle this week.

Class C is a tossup between about 5 teams so lots of movement this week.

If Town moves down to the 3rd spot they still won’t have Rye until the finals. JJ and Town are locked into the 2/3 seeds no matter what.
One Side. Other side
1 v 8/9 2 v 7
4 v 5. 3 v 6

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
B_O_T_C #378446 05/10/22 11:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of movement potential.
Class A: Not much movement within A
Wapp will qualify this week - assuming they get the game in vs. Carmel they need at least the bonus point.
Suffern can help themselves with a W over Tappan Zee boosting them up to potentially the 5 if Wapp beats Carmel.
Carmel will probably keep their spot as will Arlington even with a W over Yorktown (a W would reek havoc on Class B tho - see below)
Scasrdale should beat WP and lock their spot.

Class B:
Yorktown beats Arlington, they move up to the 2 seed, lose and they drop to the 4 just behind Somers could drop as low as 5 (See below)
JJ and Somers Can't Help themselves as their remaining games are out of Sec1

Greely-Byram and Lakeland-Brewster will cause the most movement. A Greeley win puts them at .500 giving everyone a bonus - unlikely to happen. If Greeley wins and Yorktown loses, that could drop Yorktown all the way to the 5 spot(!)
Lakeland needs a win and Greeley Loss to lock the 7th. Both W or both L and things stay as they are with Greeley at the 7 and Lakeland the 8

Clarkstown North and South are firm in their spots.

Class C:
The top 6 are fairly locked in
Brewster can help themselves up 2-3 spots beating Lakeland.
Nyack needs a big W to qualify
Ardsley needs a least one win in two games to get it. That Edgemont game will be HUGE
Edgemont plays back-to-back against Dobbs and Ardsley with both teams needing to win to qualify

Class D:
This will be a max of 10 team bracket.
Top 5 are firm. Haldane can move up a spot with a W over Lourdes
Dobbs needs the W today against Edgemont to qualify.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
Anonymous #378532 05/10/22 07:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Clearly a biased opinion there, the briarcliff defenders did a terrible slide and definitely held the bxville player up high, right call for any ref.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Two solid games in the last week go to OT and have some questionable penalties called and the GWG is scored on the ensuing penalty.

Scarsdale-Mamo the only penalty of the game was a softy in OT when the Attacker fell and it was called a push. VERY questionable, espcially for the first one in the game

Today so a less-questionable hold on the Bears in OT, but a bang-bang play that the official could have swallowed the whistle on.

You have to execute to be sure, but two realtively soft calls in each case.

I have seen kids get wacked in the head with no calls, sometimes more than once on same possession, clear offsides with no call all season, clear passes get called shots, clear shots get called passes and we are talking about a soft call ?

Yes, because while all of that is true, it doesn't take away from the point that they were consequential calls in two impactful games at important times.

As to the person who suggested I am biased, I don't have a rooting interest for either team. I said the Briarcliff foul was a hold, thought it could have been a no-call in that part of the game. I agree it was a bad slide. They also played the ensuing man-down VERY badly. As I said: you need to execute.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
Anonymous #378541 05/10/22 08:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly a biased reply as well - those refs were horrible and missed calls on both sides. Yet another example of a ref affecting the outcome of a game.

Like Reply Quote
Page 219 of 227 1 2 217 218 219 220 221 226 227
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4