BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 63 of 73 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ll try it once again without any insults so therefore maybe you can see it.

AS and UA are supposed to be top events with the best kids playing against each other. You can’t have a best of the best showcase if you allow 66 kids from one region. This has nothing to do with the kids on the gray team but they aren’t the best in Long Island. You’re kidding yourself if you think that. It’s like saying Coastal Carolina should be allowed on the NCAA tournament because they should have a chance too.

It’s bad enough these tryouts are fake with the amount of club affiliate kids that make the team. Now we are going to have the 45th best player on YJ playing against the 20 best kids from Maryland or NJ. That’s not what this even is supposed to be. That’s club lax where a team puts themself in a certain bracket. But I’m just pounding my chest. 🤷🏻‍♂️

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I’ll try it once again without any insults so therefore maybe you can see it.

AS and UA are supposed to be top events with the best kids playing against each other. You can’t have a best of the best showcase if you allow 66 kids from one region. This has nothing to do with the kids on the gray team but they aren’t the best in Long Island. You’re kidding yourself if you think that. It’s like saying Coastal Carolina should be allowed on the NCAA tournament because they should have a chance too.

It’s bad enough these tryouts are fake with the amount of club affiliate kids that make the team. Now we are going to have the 45th best player on YJ playing against the 20 best kids from Maryland or NJ. That’s not what this even is supposed to be. That’s club lax where a team puts themself in a certain bracket. But I’m just pounding my chest. 🤷🏻‍♂️[/quot

Wow your kid must be legit. By the way my daughter isn't doing AS I just felt it was pathetic that you needed to put down 16 yr olds. You are correct in saying that not everyone deserves a trophy but 66 kids out of all the girls who play lacrosse on Long Island is still pretty good. Maybe they won't get the calls from UNC or BC but they still should be applauded for their hard work 6'3" still can have a Napoleon complex.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]I’ll try it once again without any insults so therefore maybe you can see it.

It’s bad enough these tryouts are fake with the amount of club affiliate kids that make the team. Now we are going to have the 45th best player on YJ playing against the 20 best kids from Maryland or NJ. That’s not what this even is supposed to be. That’s club lax where a team puts themself in a certain bracket. But I’m just pounding my chest. 🤷🏻‍♂️[/quot

Wow your kid must be legit. By the way my daughter isn't doing AS I just felt it was pathetic that you needed to put down 16 yr olds. You are correct in saying that not everyone deserves a trophy but 66 kids out of all the girls who play lacrosse on Long Island is still pretty good. Maybe they won't get the calls from UNC or BC but they still should be applauded for their hard work 6'3" still can have a Napoleon complex.

🥱

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the point he is making is that AS started because they felt UA was political and a money grab. This proves that it is just that. 3 Long Island teams is a joke for an elite event and people still question who made the top team. Charlie and Carol thank you all though and it looks great on your resume.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the point he is making is that AS started because they felt UA was political and a money grab. This proves that it is just that. 3 Long Island teams is a joke for an elite event and people still question who made the top team. Charlie and Carol thank you all though and it looks great on your resume.

How can UA be a money grab? It’s no cost to the player other than tryouts! Look how much AS cost!!!! Thats the real money grab!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can UA be a money grab? It’s no cost to the player other than tryouts! Look how much AS cost!!!! Thats the real money grab!

I was making a point

Mostly. I made the point that AS Long Island is a money grab. UA in my opinion wasn't a money grab. It was free. But it was extremely political and had a lot of negative press regarding selection. That's why AS was started. But now in just two years it's just as bad if not worse than UA. You would have to be insane to think its just a coincidence that six teams of AS Long Island has almost the same amount of YJ kids on each selected team. You Despite what the helicopter dad wrongly accused me of, you can't convince me that the most skilled players on the top Legacy, TG, Jesters, etc are not more skilled than a kid on the second and third YJ team and even some on the top team. That being said, there should only be one team for each region which is my point. But helo dad, who just watches his daughter play lacrosse and doesn't live through it even though in his spare time he peruses a lacrosse forum, keeps saying that my post is putting down kids. Couldn't be further from the truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are talented girls on all 3 teams....who cares the color. You do realize how many girls play lacrosse on Long Island. But I also realize I am dealing with an ignorant chest pounding daddy

😀. I do realize as I live here and my daughter plays for one of the YJ. But then again I also know a large majority of the players on the third team. Keep telling yourself there’s enough talent on LI for three teams. Once again, Come back here and tell me the scores. Don’t worry. I’ll do it for you. I love being a chest pounding daddy who is usually right and love pointing it out to the helicopter moms.

See you said it all with 2 little letters .YJ Only YJ parents have talented kids. I forgot and thank you for putting me in my place. Not a mom by the way. Just a normal Dad who enjoys watching his daughter play. Watching is the key word. Not living through. She gets her accolades all on her own

Lmao. “Just watches”. But you go and post on a lacrosse forum. Doesn’t sound like just watching. About the YJ thing. Nope. You’re wrong. I was referring to the YJ players on the team. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I’m one of the people on here saying the tryouts are fixed with the AS being just as bad as UA. No way you can have a tryout and have the entire team make it. The top kids on Jesters or Top Guns are better than the bottom kids on YJ. And when I have said that I’ve gotten the response “I guess your kid didn’t make it.

Sorry for calling you a mom. You’re obviously a Helicopter dad. There’s a ton of them too. Glad your daughter made the gray team. Still can’t convince me it’s not a money grab putting a third team there that will get trounced. Should only be one team.

I post on here is response to Napoleon complex type dads like you who feel the need to come on here and bash the accomplishments of 16yr old girls. They all should be encouraged and applauded for whatever level they achieve. Not all of them want or need to be the next Charlotte North. Seriously what does it really matter to you in the big picture ? Why not let the girls feel good about themselves without coming on here and anonymously bashing them ? So they made the Grey team. My god its the end of the world !!!!!! Get a life you stunad

It’s not the girls that are on here. It’s the mommies that wanna parade every small little thing around looking for attention! Like you. Congrats on the grey team. When is the party ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry. AS started to compete with what they thought was a money grab. The UA tryouts were unfair and political and teams were made before anyone showed up they said. UA is the better event especially to be considered for senior game and for $150 it’s definitely a better value.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AS was started by CR because UA was not political enough. And also for $$$, of course

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are talented girls on all 3 teams....who cares the color. You do realize how many girls play lacrosse on Long Island. But I also realize I am dealing with an ignorant chest pounding daddy

😀. I do realize as I live here and my daughter plays for one of the YJ. But then again I also know a large majority of the players on the third team. Keep telling yourself there’s enough talent on LI for three teams. Once again, Come back here and tell me the scores. Don’t worry. I’ll do it for you. I love being a chest pounding daddy who is usually right and love pointing it out to the helicopter moms.

See you said it all with 2 little letters .YJ Only YJ parents have talented kids. I forgot and thank you for putting me in my place. Not a mom by the way. Just a normal Dad who enjoys watching his daughter play. Watching is the key word. Not living through. She gets her accolades all on her own

Lmao. “Just watches”. But you go and post on a lacrosse forum. Doesn’t sound like just watching. About the YJ thing. Nope. You’re wrong. I was referring to the YJ players on the team. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I’m one of the people on here saying the tryouts are fixed with the AS being just as bad as UA. No way you can have a tryout and have the entire team make it. The top kids on Jesters or Top Guns are better than the bottom kids on YJ. And when I have said that I’ve gotten the response “I guess your kid didn’t make it.

Sorry for calling you a mom. You’re obviously a Helicopter dad. There’s a ton of them too. Glad your daughter made the gray team. Still can’t convince me it’s not a money grab putting a third team there that will get trounced. Should only be one team.

I post on here is response to Napoleon complex type dads like you who feel the need to come on here and bash the accomplishments of 16yr old girls. They all should be encouraged and applauded for whatever level they achieve. Not all of them want or need to be the next Charlotte North. Seriously what does it really matter to you in the big picture ? Why not let the girls feel good about themselves without coming on here and anonymously bashing them ? So they made the Grey team. My god its the end of the world !!!!!! Get a life you stunad

It’s not the girls that are on here. It’s the mommies that wanna parade every small little thing around looking for attention! Like you. Congrats on the grey team. When is the party ?

Yep! He's supposedly a dad. Still not sure about that. Probably a mom. Either way, he/she is off base on just about everything.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]I’ll try it once again without any insults so therefore maybe you can see it.

I was making a point

Mostly. I made the point that AS Long Island is a money grab. UA in my opinion wasn't a money grab. It was free. But it was extremely political and had a lot of negative press regarding selection. That's why AS was started. But now in just two years it's just as bad if not worse than UA. You would have to be insane to think its just a coincidence that six teams of AS Long Island has almost the same amount of YJ kids on each selected team. You Despite what the helicopter dad wrongly accused me of, you can't convince me that the most skilled players on the top Legacy, TG, Jesters, etc are not more skilled than a kid on the second and third YJ team and even some on the top team. That being said, there should only be one team for each region which is my point. But helo dad, who just watches his daughter play lacrosse and doesn't live through it even though in his spare time he peruses a lacrosse forum, keeps saying that my post is putting down kids. Couldn't be further from the truth.

AS was started to compete with Under Armour 150. That's why they are the same weekend and both $600 +/-. I don't know where you keep coming up with it being free, UA150 was never free.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]I’ll try it once again without any insults so therefore maybe you can see it.

I was making a point

AS was started to compete with Under Armour 150. That's why they are the same weekend and both $600 +/-. I don't know where you keep coming up with it being free, UA150 was never free.

Wrong. Under Armour 150 is different. UA 150 is a application based tournament. If you get selected you pay. Under Armour Underclass tournament is the tournament that AS was made to compete with. That is free.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s bad enough these tryouts are fake with the amount of club affiliate kids that make the team. Now we are going to have the 45th best player on YJ playing against the 20 best kids from Maryland or NJ. That’s not what this even is supposed to be. That’s club lax where a team puts themself in a certain bracket. But I’m just pounding my chest. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mostly. I made the point that AS Long Island is a money grab. UA in my opinion wasn't a money grab. It was free. But it was extremely political and had a lot of negative press regarding selection. That's why AS was started. But now in just two years it's just as bad if not worse than UA. You would have to be insane to think its just a coincidence that six teams of AS Long Island has almost the same amount of YJ kids on each selected team. You Despite what the helicopter dad wrongly accused me of, you can't convince me that the most skilled players on the top Legacy, TG, Jesters, etc are not more skilled than a kid on the second and third YJ team and even some on the top team. That being said, there should only be one team for each region which is my point. But helo dad, who just watches his daughter play lacrosse and doesn't live through it even though in his spare time he peruses a lacrosse forum, keeps saying that my post is putting down kids. Couldn't be further from the truth.[/quote]

AS was started to compete with Under Armour 150. That's why they are the same weekend and both $600 +/-. I don't know where you keep coming up with it being free, UA150 was never free.[/quote]

Amazing people come on here to lecture others while being uniformed. UA 150 is totally different that the UA tournament and not held the same time as AS
AS and UA are held the same days in July.
UA 150 is in the end of June.
Google is a good search engine.

Last edited by JMLax1; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not the same weekend as UA 150, it's the same weekend as the UA Underclass tournament. Two different events. You only pay the tryout fee for the UA Underclass tourney. So no additional cost after tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, AS is same weekend as UA All American and not UA 150! UA 150 is something completely different all together!. UA all American is no charge for main event if picked after tryouts. That is the same weekend as AS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone needs to realize kids may have other motives on doing these events other than just being the best player or on the best team. Some kids just want to enjoy the sport. Let them have fun and relax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone needs to realize kids may have other motives on doing these events other than just being the best player or on the best team. Some kids just want to enjoy the sport. Let them have fun and relax.

For the 3,000th time. It's not an event for that. This is not an event where everyone should be playing. UA and AS were made to be the best at their age group. Putting in three teams on Long Island negated that. All for money.

It's unfathomable parents can't see that without thinking its taking something away from their kid who is not one of the 20th best in their region. My son likes ice hockey. Should he be able to go play in the u16 World Juniors? Of course not.

If a kid loves the sport, that's great. If they aren't the best in their division, that's what travel is for. There is enough opportunities for everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the 3,000th time. It's not an event for that. This is not an event where everyone should be playing. UA and AS were made to be the best at their age group. Putting in three teams on Long Island negated that. All for money.

It's unfathomable parents can't see that without thinking its taking something away from their kid who is not one of the 20th best in their region. My son likes ice hockey. Should he be able to go play in the u16 World Juniors? Of course not.

If a kid loves the sport, that's great. If they aren't the best in their division, that's what travel is for. There is enough opportunities for everyone.

Nope. Everyone needs to get a trophy in this society.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not to mention that AS isn't a true representative of Long Island to begin with. 6 non yellow jackets on the top two teams. Nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was making a point

Wrong. Under Armour 150 is different. UA 150 is a application based tournament. If you get selected you pay. Under Armour Underclass tournament is the tournament that AS was made to compete with. That is free.

Yes, apologies. Things blend with so many different showcases, tournaments and IWLCA events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AS was started to compete with Under Armour 150. That's why they are the same weekend and both $600 +/-. I don't know where you keep coming up with it being free, UA150 was never free.[/quote]

Amazing people come on here to lecture others while being uniformed. UA 150 is totally different that the UA tournament and not held the same time as AS
Google is a good search engine.[/quote]

You still mad because your kid is on the Grey team? Or didn't make it at all?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
]

You still mad because your kid is on the Grey team? Or didn't make it at all?[/quote]

Another one on this site where reading isn’t fundamental. I’m the one who was in the discussion with gray helicopter dad/mom. My kid is on the yellow jacket team. Of course she made it. The entire yellow jacket nation made it. Whether right or wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
]

You still mad because your kid is on the Grey team? Or didn't make it at all?[/quote]

Another one on this site where reading isn’t fundamental. I’m the one who was in the discussion with gray helicopter dad/mom. My kid is on the yellow jacket team. Of course she made it. The entire yellow jacket nation made it. Whether right or wrong.[/quote]

Not sure why you think as was created to compete with ua150. I haven’t looked this year but last year ua and as were the same weekend, ua150 was randomly during the week. Also, as poaches coaches from ua directly last year. I think the person who is saying it’s free is referring to the fact that there are no charges for ua if you make the team.

Think you need to get your facts straight as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
]

Google is a good search engine.

Another one on this site where reading isn’t fundamental. I’m the one who was in the discussion with gray helicopter dad/mom. My kid is on the yellow jacket team. Of course she made it. The entire yellow jacket nation made it. Whether right or wrong.[/quote]

Not sure why you think as was created to compete with ua150. I haven’t looked this year but last year ua and as were the same weekend, ua150 was randomly during the week. Also, as poaches coaches from ua directly last year. I think the person who is saying it’s free is referring to the fact that there are no charges for ua if you make the team.

Think you need to get your facts straight as well[/quote]

Once again. You keep responding to the wrong person.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Omg can we please stop beating this dead horse? MOVE ON

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEW US Club lax ranking released today.

Thoughts on updated LI ranks?

YJ Weiner A #4
LI Legacy Blue A- #10
YJ Ramos B- #19
YJ Kildare C- #26
Top Guns Black A- #34
LI Liberty- #50
Jesters Black A- #56
Empire Bengals A- #60
Lax on- #119
LI Top Guns Purple B- #123
Elevate- #153
Team 91 Navy B- #157

Unranked teams
Empire B
Team 91 Orange A
YJ O'Sullivan

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Weiner A #4
LI Legacy Blue A- #10
YJ Ramos B- #19
YJ Kildare C- #26
Top Guns Black A- #34
LI Liberty- #50
Jesters Black A- #56
Empire Bengals A- #60
Lax on- #119
Elevate- #153
Team 91 Navy B- #157

Unranked teams
Empire B
Team 91 Orange A
YJ O'Sullivan

Are they really updated? Club season isn't happening right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, won’t know much till after the second tournament of the season. Way to early to judge

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s great to see so many 24’s contributing on their varsity teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Weiner A #4
LI Legacy Blue A- #10
YJ Ramos B- #19
YJ Kildare C- #26
Top Guns Black A- #34
LI Liberty- #50
Jesters Black A- #56
Empire Bengals A- #60
Lax on- #119
Elevate- #153
Team 91 Navy B- #157

Unranked teams
Empire B
Team 91 Orange A
YJ O'Sullivan

FLG and Jesters Pink B aren't ranked either

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Weiner A #4
LI Legacy Blue A- #10
YJ Ramos B- #19
YJ Kildare C- #26
Top Guns Black A- #34
LI Liberty- #50
Jesters Black A- #56
Empire Bengals A- #60
Lax on- #119
Elevate- #153
Team 91 Navy B- #157

Unranked teams
Empire B
Team 91 Orange A
YJ O'Sullivan

Agreed - "updated" rankings in April are useless

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Weiner A #4
LI Legacy Blue A- #10
YJ Ramos B- #19
YJ Kildare C- #26
Top Guns Black A- #34
LI Liberty- #50
Jesters Black A- #56
Empire Bengals A- #60
Lax on- #119
Elevate- #153
Team 91 Navy B- #157

Unranked teams
Empire B
Team 91 Orange A
YJ O'Sullivan

Even if the games are just from the fall how are teams still unranked ? How many games do they need? Surely all of those teams have played the minimum no?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Weiner A #4
LI Legacy Blue A- #10
YJ Ramos B- #19
YJ Kildare C- #26
Top Guns Black A- #34
LI Liberty- #50
Jesters Black A- #56
Empire Bengals A- #60
Lax on- #119
Elevate- #153
Team 91 Navy B- #157

Unranked teams
Empire B
Team 91 Orange A
YJ O'Sullivan

Even if the games are just from the fall how are teams still unranked ? How many games do they need? Surely all of those teams have played the minimum no?

I’m guessing those teams were unranked because they aren’t better than teams above them and didn’t move up cause they didn’t beat anyone this spring while playing high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Weiner A #4
LI Legacy Blue A- #10
YJ Ramos B- #19
YJ Kildare C- #26
Top Guns Black A- #34
LI Liberty- #50
Jesters Black A- #56
Empire Bengals A- #60
Lax on- #119
Elevate- #153
Team 91 Navy B- #157

Unranked teams
Empire B
Team 91 Orange A
YJ O'Sullivan

I’m guessing those teams were unranked because they aren’t better than teams above them and didn’t move up cause they didn’t beat anyone this spring while playing high school.

I believe you need 6 games at grade level, against club teams only, and full length

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Club teams played this spring ? Most of these kids are playing High School lacrosse right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Club teams played this spring ? Most of these kids are playing High School lacrosse right now.

Pretty sure it was just late reports. There was only one tournament in march but they already sent an update on that one. Most of the teams didn't change. If they did, they went up or down a couple spots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure it was just late reports. There was only one tournament in march but they already sent an update on that one. Most of the teams didn't change. If they did, they went up or down a couple spots.

One team played in March tournament but against Highschool teams mostly and any 7 v 7 local tournaments don’t count so neither really effected their rank.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are teams summer schedules like?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our Highschool coaches told us not to do school girls because it fell on the same weekend as more important events… did anyone get any different info on it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our Highschool coaches told us not to do school girls because it fell on the same weekend as more important events… did anyone get any different info on it?

Schoolgirls?

Page 63 of 73 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard