BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 67 of 70 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 70
Re: Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Alabama boy did play hs lax this spring.

Crabs and Looneys can make a formal complaint against FCA for breaking the rules of 1) players not following normal progression 2) adding to their roster and 3) having a high school player.

Looneys and FCA can make a formal complaint against crabs for using mostly holdbacks on an 8th grade team.

FCA and crabs can formally complain against loooneys for using an illegal high school player.

May the biggest cheater win! What a sad state of affairs - thank you Hoco for bringing youth lacrosse to this new level of champions while the true champions of the sport -the kids that follow rules- get subjected to the nonsense every week. These are 13/14 year old KIDS that you are complacent about.
I like fortnite did It’s me or the PS5
Tell me which of us is more your type
Seems like you can’t decide
So if it’s not me (Hm)
Then I’m probably gonna run it over

[ChillLaxin] out my butt
Booted up my PC, ’cause I need, need
To get that Fortnite battle pass
I like Fortnite, did I mention Fortnite?
I like Fortnite, it’s night time
I mean it’s five o’ clock, that’s basically night time
Y’all remember Cartoon Network, Adventure Time?

Share this:
Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Lyrics Hold On To MeLyrics Hold On To Me Lauren Daigle
March 30, 2021
In "English Songs"

It Was The Third Of June Another Sleepy Dusty Delta Day Lyrics
Song Lyrics Bobbie Gentry song written and recorded "Ode to Billie Joe", the song was released on 10 July 1967 from the album "Ode to Billie Joe". Song was produced by Kelly Gordon and Bobby Paris. Name - Ode to Billie JoeSong Written & Recorded - Bobbie GentrySinger-songwriter - Chickasaw…

June 4, 2021
In "Story News"

Hi Baby Do You Wanna Be Mine LyricsHi Baby Do You Wanna Be Mine Lyrics
May 24, 2021
In "English Songs"

TAGSFortnite Battle PassFortnite Battle Pass Song Lyrics
Previous article
She Said She Feel Safe Over Here This Where The Shooters Be Lyrics
Next article
Soy El Unico Yaritza Lyrics English

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PDFs posted for download - 1st week games only

https://www.ghclacrosse.com/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GHCLC Spectators

The Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (GHCLC) would like to remind all spectators to reinforce positive values through the sport of lacrosse. The first half of the season has witnessed some unacceptable behavior from spectators. This behavior is starting to leak on to the field and affect the kids ability to play, the coaches ability to coach, and the officials ability to officiate games properly in a safe environment.

On behalf of the GHCLC, I ask that all spectators refrain from any foul language, harassment of player/coach/officials and reinforce positivity as a spectator. Furthermore, spectators are NOT permitted to sit, stand or otherwise be behind player bench side. All spectators must be on the opposite side of player benches. Violation of outlined requirements could result in game forfeitures and suspensions.

As stated in the GHCLC Bylaws (https://www.ghclacrosse.com/rules), spectators who are ejected from games will serve a one (1) game suspension (not including the game which he/she was ejected). The ejection will be submitted to the League Commissioner for review. Those involved could face harsher penalties (forfeits, multigame game suspensions, etc) should the Commissioner and Rule’s Committee deem necessary.

Thank you for your compliance,

Ricky DuBois

League Commissioner

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GHCLC Spectators

The Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (GHCLC) would like to remind all spectators to reinforce positive values through the sport of lacrosse. The first half of the season has witnessed some unacceptable behavior from spectators. This behavior is starting to leak on to the field and affect the kids ability to play, the coaches ability to coach, and the officials ability to officiate games properly in a safe environment.

On behalf of the GHCLC, I ask that all spectators refrain from any foul language, harassment of player/coach/officials and reinforce positivity as a spectator. Furthermore, spectators are NOT permitted to sit, stand or otherwise be behind player bench side. All spectators must be on the opposite side of player benches. Violation of outlined requirements could result in game forfeitures and suspensions.

As stated in the GHCLC Bylaws (https://www.ghclacrosse.com/rules), spectators who are ejected from games will serve a one (1) game suspension (not including the game which he/she was ejected). The ejection will be submitted to the League Commissioner for review. Those involved could face harsher penalties (forfeits, multigame game suspensions, etc) should the Commissioner and Rule’s Committee deem necessary.

Ricky DuBois

League Commissioner

Dear HOCO League Commissioner,

Here is what your customers (the parents who pay the club dues that pay for the HOCO league fees) would like from you:

Referees:

Who are fit enough to move up and down the field, put themselves in position to make calls, and actually see the game as more than a uniformed spectator who stands and watches.

Who understand the rules of lacrosse, and fairly apply said rules.

Who keep the safety of players as their primary concern.

We (the customers) would like you to get rid of:

Physically unqualified referees (those who cannot or will not move up and down the field with the players).

Referees who clearly do not know and/or understand the rules of the game.

Referees who penalize teams by unfair application of their power, for example: ignoring infractions, capricious penalty calls, ignoring a coach’s request for explanation of a call, ignoring a team’s time out request when legally entitled to one.

Referees who clearly see a player get slashed, cross-checked, or speared with an intentional helmet-to-helmet hit and ignore the infraction.

Anyone other than the most casual observer of youth sports sees the problem with fans vocally criticizing referees. Perhaps some time spent thinking about why this behavior is on the rise would lead one to consider that poor officiating (see above) is one possible root cause that ought to be considered.

Thank you.

A concerned parent

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GHCLC Spectators

Ricky DuBois

League Commissioner

Here is what your customers (the parents who pay the club dues that pay for the HOCO league fees) would like from you:

Referees:

Who are fit enough to move up and down the field, put themselves in position to make calls, and actually see the game as more than a uniformed spectator who stands and watches.

Physically unqualified referees (those who cannot or will not move up and down the field with the players).

Referees who penalize teams by unfair application of their power, for example: ignoring infractions, capricious penalty calls, ignoring a coach’s request for explanation of a call, ignoring a team’s time out request when legally entitled to one.

Referees who clearly see a player get slashed, cross-checked, or speared with an intentional helmet-to-helmet hit and ignore the infraction.

Anyone other than the most casual observer of youth sports sees the problem with fans vocally criticizing referees. Perhaps some time spent thinking about why this behavior is on the rise would lead one to consider that poor officiating (see above) is one possible root cause that ought to be considered.

Thank you.

A concerned parent

If you want NCAA level officials you need to pony up more money. You are getting youth and high school refs that are "learning" . Just like these boys are still learning how to play lacrosse. Many refs have quit and they cant get enough people to do the job. Wonder why? Parents who act like lunatics and scream and complain all the time. I'msure they would love to have to wear the stripes. Sign up sounds like you know it all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is an excellent post. The referee’s are terrible in HoCo. One had to be removed because he stunk of alcohol. The commissioner needs to worry more about the quality of refereeing. If the commissioner is still the same one it will never change. He himself referees and doesn’t know the rules. Is there still the weasel ref with the lisp still being allowed to ref. He walks in the field with an attitude that most always ends in ridiculous penalties for no reason other then he’s not a nice human.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GHCLC Spectators

Ricky DuBois

League Commissioner

Referees:

Thank you.

A concerned parent

If you want NCAA level officials you need to pony up more money. You are getting youth and high school refs that are "learning" . Just like these boys are still learning how to play lacrosse. Many refs have quit and they cant get enough people to do the job. Wonder why? Parents who act like lunatics and scream and complain all the time. I'm sure they would love to have to wear the stripes. Sign up sounds like you know it all

HoCo takes in $2200 per team for the eight-week season. Just looking at the 2026 age group, there are 47 teams playing this year. That's $103,400 for just one age group. There are six more.

That breaks down to $275 per team, per game, or $550 per game gross income. Let's say the referees make $75 per game (that is a ballpark estimate, it is roughly what MIAA refs get paid per game). That's $400 left over. Not sure what field rental costs are allocated from that amount, but it ain't much since HoCO Rec owns the real estate.

I think there is enough money to pay for better refs.

Shouldn't we expect better quality officiating? Don't the athletes deserve it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is an excellent post. The referee’s are terrible in HoCo. One had to be removed because he stunk of alcohol. The commissioner needs to worry more about the quality of refereeing. If the commissioner is still the same one it will never change. He himself referees and doesn’t know the rules. Is there still the weasel ref with the lisp still being allowed to ref. He walks in the field with an attitude that most always ends in ridiculous penalties for no reason other then he’s not a nice human.

100%. Today I saw two refs responding to fans. I mean, if you’re a good ref, you don’t even listen to that garbage from the bleachers. Call the game. If you’re really that sensitive, you likely didn’t play a sport — certainly not at a high level— and this is your big opportunity to have an impact. BAD scenario.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe better employees to run the game clock and shot clock. The guy running that on Sunday was a joke.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys. Get a grip. It’s middle school lacrosse. You thinking your kids deserve better refs is everything that’s wrong with parenting. They’re going to make bad calls. It’s part of sports. So crazy. Yes, your 5th grader deserves college level refs. 🤦‍♂️Wake up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100%. Today I saw two refs responding to fans. I mean, if you’re a good ref, you don’t even listen to that garbage from the bleachers. Call the game. If you’re really that sensitive, you likely didn’t play a sport — certainly not at a high level— and this is your big opportunity to have an impact. BAD scenario.

You all need to wake up to the reality of the situation. It’s not just lacrosse, the same email has been sent to parents of all youth sports. No amount of money will entice people to put up with the nonsense from all of the entitled parents who are screaming at them over a youth sports game. Here’s an idea, recognize that the refs are generally retired and doing this for some extra cash. They are human beings. If they miss a call of two relax, it won’t make a difference to the future D1 scholarships you have dancing in your heads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I personally don’t understand why referees don’t give out more penalties to benches for parent behavior. If the officials did more of that, I guarantee you it will shut the parents up. Officials need to start penalizing benches for parent behavior. Watch how quickly things change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was no one monitoring the Troy Park parking lot to keep people from sitting behind the players and coaches. They paid a kid on Saturday to run the scoreboard and clock. He was watching a movie on his phone with ear buds in the whole time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO parents have always been obnoxious at every level. I'm surprised and ref shows up to their games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I personally don’t understand why referees don’t give out more penalties to benches for parent behavior. If the officials did more of that, I guarantee you it will shut the parents up. Officials need to start penalizing benches for parent behavior. Watch how quickly things change.

Folks thisnis SPORTS. Not a CRT classroom. I’m sports, particularly when Refs insert themselves into the outcome of the game, fans are vocal on plays. I don’t agree with fans / parents being stunads, but come on….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you all can't tolerate the HoCo refs, enjoy your summer tournament season! They hand out a whistle and a one page rule sheet, tell you where to get lunch and where to get paid at the end of the day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you all can't tolerate the HoCo refs, enjoy your summer tournament season! They hand out a whistle and a one page rule sheet, tell you where to get lunch and where to get paid at the end of the day.
Perfect, the HoCo refs can head back to Foot Locker and enjoy the AC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The hoco refs are generally new refs. Many haven’t learned that they shouldn’t be big part of the game. The best refs communicate with coaches and explain the call and are
Accountable.
“It looked up high to me, Coach.”
“I didn’t see that coach, I’ll look for it.”
The problem is when they blow critical calls and effect the outcome of the game. Then they will compound the issue by doubling down with no explanation or communication and give a bench penalty or throw out a coach who asks for an explanation. Asking for an explanation from a coach or hearing that your call stinks from the fans is part of being a ref. Blow the whistle, communicate, be accountable, and move on. Getting your ego hurt and taking it out on a team because someone questioned your call is bad refereeing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to see a nationwide strike by lacrosse referees for one weekend in the spring or summer. You all would sing a different tune.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok now THAT is funny stuff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good post!

Refs should be non-biased in making calls…they unfortunately are becoming hing points in games and making calls of retaliation against teams (not every one of them but it’s happening). That’s not their role. Coaches and refs should have a line of communication…this will get hot from time to time and that can be sorted out between teams and refs. Unfortunately, some parents (who probably don’t have a great handle on the game in general terms) get emotional and can be gasoline on a fire making things way worse and ruin it for everyone. The spectators have no line of communication with the refs, nor should they. Watch and learn the game, cheer your kids on positively, stop yelling at the refs, and let the coaches and refs sort out the issues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to see a nationwide strike by lacrosse referees for one weekend in the spring or summer. You all would sing a different tune.

Yeah, that's the solution to poor officiating. Tell the refs to go on strike and don't come back until the people who pay them are willing to accept mediocre performance.

That's show 'em!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, that's the solution to poor officiating. Tell the refs to go on strike and don't come back until the people who pay them are willing to accept mediocre performance.

That's show 'em!

Yes, it would show them, because it would make them choose between playing games with inconsistent, mediocre officiating, or not playing at all. Which would you prefer smart guy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's show 'em!

Yes, it would show them, because it would make them choose between playing games with inconsistent, mediocre officiating, or not playing at all. Which would you prefer smart guy?

Let me help you out "smart guy" - it was satire. The previous post advocated having the refs go out on strike. I was making a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO parents have always been obnoxious at every level. I'm surprised and ref shows up to their games.

If you think HoCo parents are obnoxious, wait 'til you get a load of the TX, GA and FL parents who have no concept of the basic rules of the game and just like being loud because their son Billy Bob Jr is the biggest kid on the field, who specializes in cross checks to the neck.

But your point stands. Only seen one openly drunk and belligerent parent at a HoCo game so far this year. Nothing like being too drunk to drive and starting fights at youth lax at 100pm on a Sunday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you think HoCo parents are obnoxious, wait 'til you get a load of the TX, GA and FL parents who have no concept of the basic rules of the game and just like being loud because their son Billy Bob Jr is the biggest kid on the field, who specializes in cross checks to the neck.

But your point stands. Only seen one openly drunk and belligerent parent at a HoCo game so far this year. Nothing like being too drunk to drive and starting fights at youth lax at 100pm on a Sunday.

Same could be said for Zingos parents. Absolute worst. Solo cups get tippin' at 8 am.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The refs are the refs. I don’t expect them to get all the subjective calls right - it’s a hard job.

But the general unawareness of the rule book by the refs is silly. Like it’s not that long of a rule sheet to learn guys.

That said the clock operation has been a low point. Multiple fields, multiple weeks plagued with sleepy teenagers asleep at the wheel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better yet, hold them back a year , We need holdbacks at the ref level, it works for youth lacrosse, why not refs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The refs are the refs. I don’t expect them to get all the subjective calls right - it’s a hard job.

But the general unawareness of the rule book by the refs is silly. Like it’s not that long of a rule sheet to learn guys.

That said the clock operation has been a low point. Multiple fields, multiple weeks plagued with sleepy teenagers asleep at the wheel.

Agreed, and the league is a huge cash cow for HoCo Parks and Rec. Crappy time keeping, refs who don't know the rules.

Maybe spend some of that over half a million in annual league revenue on some refs and timekeepers who care enough to prepare and pay attention.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Folks thisnis SPORTS. Not a CRT classroom. I’m sports, particularly when Refs insert themselves into the outcome of the game, fans are vocal on plays. I don’t agree with fans / parents being stunads, but come on….

Yup. Once a ref starts engaging with hostile fans/parents, he's already lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
<a href=https://ved-line.ru/samorezy-i-shurupy>сборные грузы из китая цена</a>

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best youth league in the country and the best refs in the country. Refs are not perfect, either are coaches and players. All you dimwits that that think reffing is so easy ask for my info and you can join us. Instead of being that “dad” who thinks he knows the rules but actually doesn’t it would be good for you. Also the money is great .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup. Once a ref starts engaging with hostile fans/parents, he's already lost.

Refs don’t need to engage with parents to do that.

Hit the team with the penalty. If the coaches don’t like the penalty, they can address it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best youth league in the country and the best refs in the country. Refs are not perfect, either are coaches and players. All you dimwits that that think reffing is so easy ask for my info and you can join us. Instead of being that “dad” who thinks he knows the rules but actually doesn’t it would be good for you. Also the money is great .
+100

None of these venom spewers would last a minute as a ref.

It really is good money. You’re not gonna find a better hourly rate for a part-time, side-hustle. Double bonus if you live in HoCo or near any of the big facilities that hosts tournaments during the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at a game last weekend at Troy Park. A 2031 championship game. 10 seconds into the first quarter, a dad starts yelling at the ref. Ref blew the whistle, turned to the stands and announced the next person to yell at the officials will be ejected. Never heard a peep other than cheering for the rest of the game, which was won by 1 goal so there was plenty of opportunity for parents to be yelling. Keep it up refs! Keep calling out the parents! It’s working. They are shutting up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at a game last weekend at Troy Park. A 2031 championship game. 10 seconds into the first quarter, a dad starts yelling at the ref. Ref blew the whistle, turned to the stands and announced the next person to yell at the officials will be ejected. Never heard a peep other than cheering for the rest of the game, which was won by 1 goal so there was plenty of opportunity for parents to be yelling. Keep it up refs! Keep calling out the parents! It’s working. They are shutting up.

Awesome. Glad to her it.
Most refs understand that the coaches will get heated and it's not personal. That can usually be solved with some communication. But the blatant abuse and questioning of the refs by fans is unecessary.
Ref needs to warn the stands, then toss the offending parent. If it continues, penalize the affiliated team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The tall guy who ref’ed the 28 elite championship should not be allowed on the field anymore. He was the most belligerent, combative and disrespectful official I’ve ever seen.

Most ref’s are fine overall. It’s youth lacrosse. But this guy is in a league of his own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heard koops is partnering with true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not sure how they are going to prove what team the parent is on. In this case I will go to the teams I don't like and act like an butt on the sidelines so said team gets penalties. Doesn't sound like a good rule.

Like Reply Quote
Page 67 of 70 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 70
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard