BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 215 of 267 1 2 213 214 215 216 217 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is the only youth sport that lets fully developed 180 pound 14 year olds play against a pre-pubescent 90 pound 12 year old. Major safety issue and unfortunately nothing will change until a kid gets permanently injured or worse. Until then kids must deal with it or choose another sport.

Exactly. Kidds are already getting hurt or they become discouraged because they struggle to compete physically with kids a full year older. I've seen some really good athletes leave the sport because of this. On top of that, the best clubs get to play against the best competition and have access to the best training. Those clubs are loaded with holdbacks. Yeah on age kids will catch up in age eventually, but the younger 11/12/13 year olds who can't see PT are at a developmental disadvantage.

But, go ahead holdback parent and keep celebrating your second year 8th grader and tell me my kid needs to hit the wall. You're so proud on this forum. Its funny how that pride disappears when it comes to filling out a bday on Team Snap. Don't worry, we know your kid's older. It just makes it that much sweeter to see your kid fade away and ride the pine as our sons catch up in age.

Are there 12 yr olds in the 2026 class? Believe it or not there are some 13-14 who are 6’0 180-200 lbs and are constantly called hold backs on the sidelines by these psycho parents. I see it weekly.

As a parent of a kid on age what message are you sending your kids when playing against older competition? It’s ok Billie you lost he’s older! Don’t cry Johnny he’s bigger then you!! You can’t Timmy they’re holdbacks!! The whining on this board is tiresome. In the end talent raises to the top regardless of age as you will soon see in HS.

No, study after study says that if you get the extra training in youth , along with being on the better teams and competition, your chances are greater to continue on at a high competitive level. The true 5% of population athlete will always shine , but frankly most lacrosse players are in a small range of athleticism and for many the extra year gets you the advantage you need in youth to be one of the so called better players while others with same birthday are sitting there watching. Prior to 8th grade it should be about age. Justifying something else is justifying cheating ( which I know it isnt, but sure seems that way ) ,

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is the only youth sport that lets fully developed 180 pound 14 year olds play against a pre-pubescent 90 pound 12 year old. Major safety issue and unfortunately nothing will change until a kid gets permanently injured or worse. Until then kids must deal with it or choose another sport.

Your kids must not play football, or wrestle

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is 13 and has a summer birthday. The holdbacks should have worked harder and stayed where they belong in class of 2025.

Hopefully he's going to public school. No shot in MIAA

Well. Thanks for the support. My kid has played since 5 years old. We will see how this plays out. The 15-16 year olds in 8th grade doesn’t help his cause.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The example of a 12 year old playing against a 14 year old was last summer when they were rising 8th graders. A small summer birthday on age kid vs a gigantic holdback. Yes, there are on age kids who are gigantic but that is much more rare than a gigantic holdback. My kid is an undersized on age attackman on a top 10 club team who regularly goes against holdbacks twice his size and beats them so no whining from me. He will grow soon and will just beat them more often when he does. But the point I made still remains. This is the only youth sport that pays no mind to age and that can be dangerous.

You need to go to an AAU basketball tournament for this age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The example of a 12 year old playing against a 14 year old was last summer when they were rising 8th graders. A small summer birthday on age kid vs a gigantic holdback. Yes, there are on age kids who are gigantic but that is much more rare than a gigantic holdback. My kid is an undersized on age attackman on a top 10 club team who regularly goes against holdbacks twice his size and beats them so no whining from me. He will grow soon and will just beat them more often when he does. But the point I made still remains. This is the only youth sport that pays no mind to age and that can be dangerous.

Is body checking now allowed in basketball?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t compete against kids their own age in school or sports. But go ahead and pound your chest about some 15-16 year olds on a 2026 team.

Nope my son is 14 and has a birthday in the Fall. I am just tired on the whining parent like you who have nothing better to do than make excuses. Life ain't fair; tell you son or daughter to work harder and be an example instead of an excuse!!

This is not about hard work! It’s about work smarter not harder in the holdback parent eyes. They are trying to outsmart the game by getting advantages early by holding back kids at young ages! That’s not working harder! “Life ain’t fair” , but the USA lacrosse organization and adults teaching young kids ethics should try better to make it more fair when the kids are young and developing!!! Or, should we teach our kids young to look for and work the advantages in the system to “work smarter” not harder! What are we teaching our kids!?!? Basically, you can buy advantages in life and “life ain’t fair” !? Let’s keep that mentality out of youth sports! Elitist!!!!

You completely missed my point!! I am not justifying the holdbacks but it is not going to change anytime soon. So the kids on age can do two things; whine and makes excuses like you and the other parents, or have them work harder. My son has chosen the later

Ummm, no! I did not miss your point!! I’m saying I get it and instead of just agreeing and accepting it I’m voicing my opinion it should change!!! My right to voice that opinion in the hopes that the male egos at the helm wake up and di the right thing and fix the situation! They don’t allow this in other sports in the youth development stages!!! Wake up USA Lacrosse, let’s stop letting the money do the talking!!! Do the right thing for the youth in this sport!!! Be responsible and step up!!!

This is not just about parents; talk to any HS coach or college coach about holdbacks off the record.....they encourage it and HS coaches will approach parents about the possibility of holding kids back

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Time for Thad to go play golf. Soft parents equal soft kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Time for Thad to go play golf. Soft parents equal soft kids.

BINGO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems non athletic parents are most concerned about holdbacks. There will always be wide age gaps whether you go grade base or age. Contact sports are not for you! The rules of lacrosse have taken any real contact out of the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Kidds are already getting hurt or they become discouraged because they struggle to compete physically with kids a full year older. I've seen some really good athletes leave the sport because of this. On top of that, the best clubs get to play against the best competition and have access to the best training. Those clubs are loaded with holdbacks. Yeah on age kids will catch up in age eventually, but the younger 11/12/13 year olds who can't see PT are at a developmental disadvantage.

But, go ahead holdback parent and keep celebrating your second year 8th grader and tell me my kid needs to hit the wall. You're so proud on this forum. Its funny how that pride disappears when it comes to filling out a bday on Team Snap. Don't worry, we know your kid's older. It just makes it that much sweeter to see your kid fade away and ride the pine as our sons catch up in age.

Are there 12 yr olds in the 2026 class? Believe it or not there are some 13-14 who are 6’0 180-200 lbs and are constantly called hold backs on the sidelines by these psycho parents. I see it weekly.

As a parent of a kid on age what message are you sending your kids when playing against older competition? It’s ok Billie you lost he’s older! Don’t cry Johnny he’s bigger then you!! You can’t Timmy they’re holdbacks!! The whining on this board is tiresome. In the end talent raises to the top regardless of age as you will soon see in HS.

Great post holdback dad. Comparing two kids with same talent and same work ethic, the holdback kid wins. He has had one more year of physical and mental growth. Plus one more year of work.

Don’t post this BS.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great post holdback dad. Comparing two kids with same talent and same work ethic, the holdback kid wins. He has had one more year of physical and mental growth. Plus one more year of work.

Don’t post this BS.

The vast majority of holdbacks are July/August birthdays. So really it’s a couple of weeks not a year. But you keep telling yourself that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t post this BS.

The vast majority of holdbacks are July/August birthdays. So really it’s a couple of weeks not a year. But you keep telling yourself that.

You have data to support that “vast” comment? All the holdbacks that I personally know are repeating 8th grade and will be a full year older than many of their peers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t post this BS.

Glad you have a record of every holdback in 2026. This really clears everything up.

Maybe you are just talking about the 2 year holdbacks. I know many kids that are September birthdays and held back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t post this BS.

Glad you have a record of every holdback in 2026. This really clears everything up.

Maybe you are just talking about the 2 year holdbacks. I know many kids that are September birthdays and held back.

I don’t have a record, but I am just using common sense on holdback motivations. By the way nobody is holding kids back two years. If they are, then those kids have serious cognitive or emotional issues and therefore I wouldn’t worry about them competing for Johnny’s D1 slot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe check out the the top D1 college commits to see about the holdback situation. It’s a not a few weeks difference! Wake up!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t post this BS.

Hey ding dong- July 2006 versus July 2008. That’s a real thing in 8th grade lacrosse. 2 years older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Try to talk to King Crab about safety. He is too busy recruiting another holdback to make up for his lack of coaching ability. It just needs to stop.
Lax needs age restrictions that can be enforced by the governing body.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At some point, public school kids will stop competing in this sport except for the genetically gift. The sport wil start to die. USA lax will have to make a change. All the prefirst kids will have to actually play up or their appropriate age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The vast majority of holdbacks are July/August birthdays. So really it’s a couple of weeks not a year.
True

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why lacrosse will always be a secondary or tertiary sport.

The prevalence of just holding kids back takes all the competitiveness out of it at the younger ages. If not good or big enough or fast enough just play younger kids. The education excuse is pretty laughable but whatever parents need to make themselves feel better.

Until there is money to be made in lacrosse kids and families will be perfectly fine with 24 and 25 year old college players.

The entire dynamic is just weak sauce when you think about fundamentally the avoidance of level competition. It weakens the appeal.

Soft sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This week game predictions:
Crabs over Hawks 10-9. Game of the week. Crabs have more power and Hawks’ defense is not good.
VLC over True 12- 10. Don’t know but VLC offense can put up points
ML over FCA - 13-6. FCA not in correct league.
DCE over 91 15- 3. DCE looking to take revenge after last week.

Crabs finally get going by 4 .
VLC in an east win. by 5
ML in so many we lose track, FCA time to regroup
DCE takes it to 91 by 8 at minimum

How was VLCs easy win and how many did they win by?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha! They got killed. They learned the same lesson about overconfidence that DCE learned last week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs over Hawks 10-9. Game of the week. Crabs have more power and Hawks’ defense is not good.
FCA held the lead from the very first goal. 8-7 FCA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA held the lead from the very first goal. 8-7 FCA.

Are there any ML players looking for a new team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weather an impact on games today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a ML guy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baloney MadLax or VLC Dad. You lost and just own it. Lots of parity this year, better luck next week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Be ready to play in any weather. Losing teams use weather as an excuse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The vast majority of holdbacks are July/August birthdays. So really it’s a couple of weeks not a year.
True

Glad you agree, holdback dad.

I know to many kids that are winter and fall bdays that are held back. It’s BS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True

Sorry to disappoint, my kid has an September 4 birthday. Carry on now with your complaints about holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 13 - 6 Annapolis Hawks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks defense is not good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs dominate the game vs the Hawks even in the dirty play category with a suspension worthy hit by #13 with 12 seconds remaining

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs dominate the game vs the Hawks even in the dirty play category with a suspension worthy hit by #13 with 12 seconds remaining

Watch your tape coach; hit was far from dirty and wasn’t even to the head. Horrible clear by the goalie which lead the kid into the hit.

Biggest difference between Hawks and Crabs - Hawks Defense is Big and Slow, Crabs Defense is Big, Athletic and Fast. Crabs were more physical as well on both offense and defense. Great game to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the end all be all fogo who never retaliates when he loses a face off! Say it ain’t so!
Classless as usual.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True

Sorry to disappoint, my kid has an September 4 birthday. Carry on now with your complaints about holdbacks.

September 4 2006. Nice work there holdback dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Neither is their offense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Battle of the fresh/soph teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uh oh, what happened?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 23 city of Annapolis 10

Like Reply Quote
Page 215 of 267 1 2 213 214 215 216 217 266 267