BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
What Role Does Club Lacrosse Play in Recruiting?
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Club lacrosse has been expanding the last few years and in many ways models soccer. bExcellent regional players, particularly from Long Island and New York more broadly has been gathered to form clubs and travel to showcase tournaments.

Take a look at this ESPN/RISE article to understand High School Scholastic sports against Club Lacrosee through the eyes of some of ESPN's interviews.

Role of Club Lacrosse in the Recruiting Cycle

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: What Role Does Club Lacrosse Play in Recruiting?
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What role does club lacrosse and individual lacrosse camps play in the recruiting process?

Kevin Corrigan, Notre Dame
"It’s become a huge factor because it’s where a lot of kids are spending their summers. I personally like it in a lot of ways. Guys are playing with a consistent team, which is good to see the range of their talent. For our evaluation purposes, I like a team setting because I think you see more of the range of things a kid can do rather then at an individual camp.”

Matt Kerwick, Jacksonville University
“It’s important, but it’s not crucial from my standpoint. I tend to call the high school coaches more than the club coaches. We certainly like to see them play with either one. The club aspect is becoming a huge part of lacrosse, like it or not. There is a hesitation at times with certain clubs, that they’re overselling their kids. You just have to feel comfortable with those respective coaches and be able to take them at their word.”

Dave Pietramala, Johns Hopkins
“The value has continued to increase. Because of the club thing, some of the high school coaches get squeezed out a little bit. You always want to include the high school coach. No one knows a kid better then his high school coach. That being said, club does play an important role now. You’re able to see these guys at tournaments and find out information about the kids.”

Bill Tierney, University of Denver
“It’s becoming more and more important unless you’re one of the stud kids that play in one of the places that is seen a lot. I reluctantly recommend it. I like the old system where you can go to the high school coach and talk to him. Now you get kids that specialize and kids play lacrosse year around. Camps are good in that a kid can do it on his own if he’s not in a good club situation. They can be valuable as an adjunct or in place of. It’s another way for kids to go.”

Charles Toomey, Loyola
“It seems like it’s more difficult for high school teams to field teams in November and it’s a big opportunity for us as coaches to get out and watch these kids play. In the summer we have the ability to see kids from far away areas that are putting together select teams and coming to the East Coast and coming to these camps. With club some kids may be more confident with the ball than others and could show a little bit better in the club program, where in the high school program they might have some more set plays and could look better in that environment.”

Link Copied to Clipboard