BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,518
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 112 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg
Just heard that M&D won in the last seconds this weekend over NEMS. Sounds like a great game.

1 second left. They were lucky to escape.

Wow, didn't realize it was that close.

Lots of really nice girls / parents on that Nems team and the HC is really cool as well.

They can score in bunches and if they win draws are dangerous.

Yes. Accurate. They have talent on that team. And always a classy bunch.

Very classy program. Just need to get a little deeper and increase consistancy. Hopefully this team stays together and doesn't flee to big 3 clubs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FWIW, I didn’t find the heroes green parents to be annoying at all, pretty chill group. Same w heroes white, little more vocal but fine.

The only parents I found to be awful were Coppermine 28B during middle school indoor league.

I think overall, the 27 parents are pretty solid.

Lol, why were you even around 2028B parents? Curious what were they doing?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Just heard that M&D won in the last seconds this weekend over NEMS. Sounds like a great game.

Lots of really nice girls / parents on that Nems team and the HC is really cool as well.

Very classy program. Just need to get a little deeper and increase consistancy. Hopefully this team stays together and doesn't flee to big 3 clubs.

NEMS should have merged with Coppermine, their fields are awful and would have been a huge upgrade. They had parents filling in holes and planting grass last year.
Also their recruiting is less than stellar over the last decade, only a few girls went D1 (mid / low tier), check their alumni page for details.

Compare that to a Skywalkers / M&D / Heroes and it isn't close. Note, the 24 and 27 teams are very good but I wouldn't say its a program with a strong track record of recruiting success.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NEMS should have merged with Coppermine, their fields are awful and would have been a huge upgrade. They had parents filling in holes and planting grass last year.
Also their recruiting is less than stellar over the last decade, only a few girls went D1 (mid / low tier), check their alumni page for details.

Compare that to a Skywalkers / M&D / Heroes and it isn't close. Note, the 24 and 27 teams are very good but I wouldn't say its a program with a strong track record of recruiting success.
Would have to agree. Field are awful and they couldn't recruit enough girls to field a team younger than 2028 team...and from what I hear that team is struggling! I believe Coppermine North will eventually be the go to program for Harford County - especially with the new facilities being built.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Heard the Hopkins coach might go to Coppermine to help with Recruiting. Any truth to this? My daughter is going to switch to a more competitive team next season and this would be good to know prior to tryouts. They have a descent team but still some players that could be challenged for their current spots. Otherwise SW looks like an opportunity to switch because they always get better just prior to HS. Love any feedback from people that may know anything more than just their opinion.

As someone who has been through the process, let me say this. If you are targeting a top 30 school, recruiting director has minimal influence to getting an offer. Top schools know who can play and will see you if you play for a top 50 club (which most MD A teams are). These coaches know who can play at the next level. The only real value is getting you feedback from target schools before Sept 1.

Recruiting directors value is getting looks for girls in the next tier of talent. Pushing girls with some recruiting flaws (ex. limited size) to schools with smaller recruiting budgets or D2 and D3 schools.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is hilarious and very true!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would have to agree. Field are awful and they couldn't recruit enough girls to field a team younger than 2028 team...and from what I hear that team is struggling! I believe Coppermine North will eventually be the go to program for Harford County - especially with the new facilities being built.

Yay- let’s go play at the old trash dump!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Yay- let’s go play at the old trash dump!

Coppermine North is Elite with a new name, don't see them improving anytime soon. Just like in other sports, if you are an A player in Lax/Soccer you are going to main Coppermine. I will never understand that merger except they get KP who runs top of the bay tournaments so that gets Coppermine additional invites to bigger events although I don't recall seeing them at G8 or President's cup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FWIW, I didn’t find the heroes green parents to be annoying at all, pretty chill group. Same w heroes white, little more vocal but fine.

The only parents I found to be awful were Coppermine 28B during middle school indoor league.

As a class, I agree. Only 27 parents I can't stand are Renegades, FCA and Prime Time (NY)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a class, I agree. Only 27 parents I can't stand are Renegades, FCA and Prime Time (NY)

Renegades easily the worst

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the Playoffs are set. LBC vs Coppermine with the winner playing Hero’s Green and NEMS vs BLC with the winner playing M&D. Congratulations to all and best of luck. Hoping for safe and exciting games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the Playoffs are set. LBC vs Coppermine with the winner playing Hero’s Green and NEMS vs BLC with the winner playing M&D. Congratulations to all and best of luck. Hoping for safe and exciting games.

My prediction, the winner will be whoever the ref wants to win…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately. It seems as if the refs are calling these games way too tight. The slightest contact draws a whistle. Supposed to be full checking. But the second someone gets any sort of contact, the whistle comes out.

Nobody should get away with sticks to the head. But charges are almost non-existent. And if you run into 3 defenders and twist and flail, then call the charge. Defenders need to be rewarded for good play. 90% of the time they don't get the benefit of the doubt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately. It seems as if the refs are calling these games way too tight. The slightest contact draws a whistle. Supposed to be full checking. But the second someone gets any sort of contact, the whistle comes out.

Nobody should get away with sticks to the head. But charges are almost non-existent. And if you run into 3 defenders and twist and flail, then call the charge. Defenders need to be rewarded for good play. 90% of the time they don't get the benefit of the doubt.

Exactly. And this is why the top MD teams always complain when they get to summer genesis or lax for the cure and can’t handle the non-Maryland refs who let the girls play and don’t whistle ever time there is contact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t recall refs being this incompetent as they were this year. Same 2-3 each week. The poor officials led to increase in parent coaches complaining which led to refs having zero patience for comments.

Listen, nobody should deal with verbal abuse, I get it, but if you blow a call, you are going to hear it. A few refs act like they not only detest lacrosse, but are there against their will.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2027 NGLL North Division Predictions

M&D (8-0)
They could moonwalk through these games, no one will challenge them. Their goalies can set up a lawn chair in the crease.
Swing Game: None

NEMS (6-2)
Loss: M&D MDU
They lucked out being placed in the weaker division, with two games against a winless 2021 Skywalkers team.
Swing Game: (MDU) First game for both teams and either can win or lose this one. They played tight the last two meetings.

Coppermine (6-2)
Loss: M&D NEMS
There’s been talk of Coppermine’s demise the last year, I don’t know about that, but what I do know is you won’t tell based off this soft schedule.
Swing Game: (Hero’s White) If Coppermine gets a loss here (they play 2 games), it very well could open the door for Hero’s White to get in that 3rd playoff spot.

Hero’s White (3-5)
Win: CCLax Stars TLC
They lost a few solid pieces from last year. They play to the echo of the whistle and may be able to steal a win.
Swing Game: (Cavalier) They are new to the A NGLL, but they are solid and could very well knock off a few teams who take them lightly.

CCLax (2-6)
Win: Skywalkers TLC
The former B division champions, they are in for a different type of game in A, learning curve will be there.
Swing Game: (Hero’s White) They lost to them in Fall, but the skill and talent is there to beat White but will need to match their physical play.

Skywalkers (1-7)
They were not able to compete in the A Division last year. They’ve added a few NEMS players and a player who was playing up on 2026 team. They get the short stick playing their out of division matchup against Hero’s Green as well.
Win: TLC
Swing Game: (CCLax) they beat them in Fall, I expect CCLax to show more in the next matchup but this one could go either way.

TLC (0-8)
There’s some solid players on this team but they just aren’t ready for the A division.
Swing Game: (Skywalkers) I expect this game to be within 3 no matter who wins but I don’t thik they pull out a victory in 2022 NGLL.

***Please note this is not meant to degrade any teams and certainly not players, this is merely to give us something to talk about and compare notes. Every one of these kids is playing in the top league in the country against the best lacrosse players in the world (truth) at their age and they can hold their own against most any of the competition nationally. They will grow they will improve and the best is yet to come for these girls. Good luck to all the teams***

Pretty close to accurate here, CCLax not as good as predicted, SW slightly better.

The lopsided divisions gave us NEMS as a playoff team, who didn’t beat a team with a winning record, and their 5 wins came from teams that combined went 10-30.

Not NEMS fault obviously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. And this is why the top MD teams always complain when they get to summer genesis or lax for the cure and can’t handle the non-Maryland refs who let the girls play and don’t whistle ever time there is contact.

100% accurate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t recall refs being this incompetent as they were this year. Same 2-3 each week. The poor officials led to increase in parent coaches complaining which led to refs having zero patience for comments.

Listen, nobody should deal with verbal abuse, I get it, but if you blow a call, you are going to hear it. A few refs act like they not only detest lacrosse, but are there against their will.

Realize this has been a trend, but was there a specific game this past weekend that has sparked the commentary?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To be honest, lots of the refs are primarily high school refs. They love lacrosse but really don't understand rules for the younger ages which leads to inconsistancy. On one field a couple weekends ago with the same ref, there was a 26A, 31, 28B, 30, and 27A game. No wonder reffing is inconsistent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Update from Vegas. Due to meaningless nature of the final few games, Vegas will not be posting lines for the final regular season games. However, they have just posted their futures for NGLL Championships

NGLL MD Champions

MD 4/5
Hero's 5/2
BLC 9/2
LBC 15/1
Coppermine 40/1
NEMS 45/1

NGLL 27 National Champion

Eagle Stix 2/1
MD 5/2
Aces 4/1
Heros 5/1
Madskillz 9/1
BLC 15/1
Other MD Team 25/1
NXT 50/1
CLC 60/1
Team One 100/1
3D NE 150/1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd put my $$ on M&D. They should be well rested after that cupcake schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd put my $$ on M&D. They should be well rested after that cupcake schedule.

With those odds, I'd bet Heros at 5/2. Its a toss up between them and M&D and getting much better value. Also, Heros has easier road to final

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My dark horse is BLC. They looked really good the last time I saw them. They force you to play their style of lacrosse too. You cannot blow them out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Realize this has been a trend, but was there a specific game this past weekend that has sparked the commentary?

I’m not naming names here but yes, I believe a ref changed outcome of one game this weekend through several decisions to call or not to call fouls.

I think it was with malice and not incompetence.

That being said, like in all sports, you don’t want a ref to control a game, play better and take it out of their hands.

Refs are humans after all, they don’t take kindly to being told they are failing at their job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m not naming names here but yes, I believe a ref changed outcome of one game this weekend through several decisions to call or not to call fouls.

That being said, like in all sports, you don’t want a ref to control a game, play better and take it out of their hands.

Refs are humans after all, they don’t take kindly to being told they are failing at their job.

This sounds like sour grapes. In all my years of sports, I've never said a referee changed the outcome of a game. Yes, they've influenced things greatly, but this is beyond petty IMO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree - sour grapes. Seems like some refs have a bias - most likely due to timing and frequency of calls. Do you really think they care who wins/loses? Or know the Vegas lines??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are talking about LBC/MDU, I think it was due to having a whistle happy MD ref. Since MDU is the more physical team, especially on cutter defense, this definitely worked against them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This sounds like sour grapes. In all my years of sports, I've never said a referee changed the outcome of a game. Yes, they've influenced things greatly, but this is beyond petty IMO.

Really? You’ve never seen a ref blow a play in final min of a game? You must not be a Saints or Packers fan lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are talking about LBC/MDU, I think it was due to having a whistle happy MD ref. Since MDU is the more physical team, especially on cutter defense, this definitely worked against them.

Not referring to that game, what happened?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D going to turn it on, as they typically do.

Can’t see them losing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If NEMS team that nearly beat M&D shows up, it may be interesting, do we know when games are time and place)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If NEMS team that nearly beat M&D shows up, it may be interesting, do we know when games are time and place)
Maybe NEMS played their best in that game and M&D didn't? Don't see anyone beating M&D!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe NEMS played their best in that game and M&D didn't? Don't see anyone beating M&D!

Except BLC...which just happened.

Give BLC the respect they deserve.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC really tough and they legit had hardest schedule, they are battle tested.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC is a very good team. I just don't think M&D will lose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC is a very good team. I just don't think M&D will lose.

Again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hoping to get some thoughtful answers on this. What club does your child play for and why to you like/dislike? Thanks in advance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2027 NGLL North Division Predictions

M&D (8-0)
They could moonwalk through these games, no one will challenge them. Their goalies can set up a lawn chair in the crease.
Swing Game: None

NEMS (6-2)
Loss: M&D MDU
They lucked out being placed in the weaker division, with two games against a winless 2021 Skywalkers team.
Swing Game: (MDU) First game for both teams and either can win or lose this one. They played tight the last two meetings.

Coppermine (6-2)
Loss: M&D NEMS
There’s been talk of Coppermine’s demise the last year, I don’t know about that, but what I do know is you won’t tell based off this soft schedule.
Swing Game: (Hero’s White) If Coppermine gets a loss here (they play 2 games), it very well could open the door for Hero’s White to get in that 3rd playoff spot.

Hero’s White (3-5)
Win: CCLax Stars TLC
They lost a few solid pieces from last year. They play to the echo of the whistle and may be able to steal a win.
Swing Game: (Cavalier) They are new to the A NGLL, but they are solid and could very well knock off a few teams who take them lightly.

CCLax (2-6)
Win: Skywalkers TLC
The former B division champions, they are in for a different type of game in A, learning curve will be there.
Swing Game: (Hero’s White) They lost to them in Fall, but the skill and talent is there to beat White but will need to match their physical play.

Skywalkers (1-7)
They were not able to compete in the A Division last year. They’ve added a few NEMS players and a player who was playing up on 2026 team. They get the short stick playing their out of division matchup against Hero’s Green as well.
Win: TLC
Swing Game: (CCLax) they beat them in Fall, I expect CCLax to show more in the next matchup but this one could go either way.

TLC (0-8)
There’s some solid players on this team but they just aren’t ready for the A division.
Swing Game: (Skywalkers) I expect this game to be within 3 no matter who wins but I don’t thik they pull out a victory in 2022 NGLL.

***Please note this is not meant to degrade any teams and certainly not players, this is merely to give us something to talk about and compare notes. Every one of these kids is playing in the top league in the country against the best lacrosse players in the world (truth) at their age and they can hold their own against most any of the competition nationally. They will grow they will improve and the best is yet to come for these girls. Good luck to all the teams***

Pretty close to accurate here, CCLax not as good as predicted, SW slightly better.

The lopsided divisions gave us NEMS as a playoff team, who didn’t beat a team with a winning record, and their 5 wins came from teams that combined went 10-30.

Not NEMS fault obviously.

CC / TLc / SWB all have some really solid players (5-7 players each) but it’s hard to hide weakness at this level especially at this age in MD.

CC hung w nems for most of the game last weekend , really liked their mids.

History says a bunch of girls (bottom roster m&d and top roster TLC/etc) will test the waters at Skywalkers and half that team turns over

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My money is on Aces. So much talent if they can put it altogether.

Why do you think 4 teams make it from mid Atlantic? I thought only one team out of our mid Atlantic A group made the national championship…not four? Stinks for the depth of talent we have but I think that’s the way it works.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My money is on Aces. So much talent if they can put it altogether.

Why do you think 4 teams make it from mid Atlantic? I thought only one team out of our mid Atlantic A group made the national championship…not four? Stinks for the depth of talent we have but I think that’s the way it works.

Only the A and B champions make the National tournament. Unless that has changed for this year, but last year only the winners advanced.

Page 43 of 112 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard