BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 190 of 214 1 2 188 189 190 191 192 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rocky point?
The Rocky Point game was close because 7 girls had just got back from their southern trip and caught flu like symptoms. They were lethargic still, plus the RP coach decided to stall for 7-8 minutes every possession. He’s a loudmouth not teaching the girls to play at the next level and it shows!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how D2 breaks down in reference to the B and C playoff brackets.It looks like a few teams may have moved around from last years but I can’t find it on section xi

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotta love when those claws come out over kids playing a game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t forget to include they were suffering from jet lag and had to wear masks that reduced their oxygen levels

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rocky point?
The Rocky Point game was close because 7 girls had just got back from their southern trip and caught flu like symptoms. They were lethargic still, plus the RP coach decided to stall for 7-8 minutes every possession. He’s a loudmouth not teaching the girls to play at the next level and it shows!

Guess home field and officials really matter😳

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how D2 breaks down in reference to the B and C playoff brackets.It looks like a few teams may have moved around from last years but I can’t find it on section xi
Class B Comswogue, westhampton,ESM,WB,WI,EI,Islip,SW,KP,Haupp,DP

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do the playoffs work for Nassau? I believe the are 5 divisions or conferences. Do they break out by record to play for titles by size, A, B, C, etc? What determines who makes it it to playoffs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do the playoffs work for Nassau? I believe the are 5 divisions or conferences. Do they break out by record to play for titles by size, A, B, C, etc? What determines who makes it it to playoffs?

Return to school enrollment conferences for playoffs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As far as who qualifies for playoffs:
Conference 1: All teams
Conference 2: All teams
Conference 3: Top 8 teams
Conference 4: Top two teams
Conference 5: Top team

Just because you *qualify* doesn't always mean you make playoffs as your classifiactions bracket may already be filled by teams in a higher conference

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Westhampton @ BBP today at 4……. How many cards will Westhampton get and how many minutes will they play short handed?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just because you *qualify* doesn't always mean you make playoffs as your classifiactions bracket may already be filled by teams in a higher conference

I appreciate this forum since we can actually get informed answers. Curious; What would prevent a weaker team from playing in a higher bracket just to qualify for playoffs? Another observation, this season there have been so many lopsided contests who determines the divisions each year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m curious. Which four wins were really losses?

None. It looks like they had one tight game away at Rocky Point. Sayville, also away, was a 3-goal game. The rest were blowouts. Anyone can read the scores on section XI, I did. To say they win at home because of officiating is basically saying you can't read.

The once-great Mt Sinai is no more, and the parents haven't adjusted yet. Give them some time to grieve.

Mt Sinai is overrated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is Comsewogue the favorite to make it to Counties?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m curious. Which four wins were really losses?

None. It looks like they had one tight game away at Rocky Point. Sayville, also away, was a 3-goal game. The rest were blowouts. Anyone can read the scores on section XI, I did. To say they win at home because of officiating is basically saying you can't read.

The once-great Mt Sinai is no more, and the parents haven't adjusted yet. Give them some time to grieve.

Mt Sinai is overrated.

They have been for a few years. You couldn't tell it by DAD's Instagram though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I appreciate this forum since we can actually get informed answers. Curious; What would prevent a weaker team from playing in a higher bracket just to qualify for playoffs? Another observation, this season there have been so many lopsided contests who determines the divisions each year?

There is a committee consisting of all 51 varsity coaches + "independent" members that vote on the conference alignments. Don't really know the details of the process but In reality the alignments change very little year to year with a last place team occasionally moving down and a first place team occasionally moving up. kind of like relegation/promotion works in soccer.

It's not perfect of course but by browsing Newsday it feels like there are fewer blowouts than in Suffolk. Can't say for sure though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do teams really qualify with losing records?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely. For example as of today:
Plainedge is Class C, winless in Conference 1. They will not only make playoffs they'll be the number 5 seed.
Seaford, also Class C, is undefeated in Conference 2. They will be the 6 seed.

It seems ridiculous, yes, but just completely by chance the two teams played an OOC game earlier in year and Plainedge won 18-15. So maybe it somehow works.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely. For example as of today:
Plainedge is Class C, winless in Conference 1. They will not only make playoffs they'll be the number 5 seed.
Seaford, also Class C, is undefeated in Conference 2. They will be the 6 seed.

It seems ridiculous, yes, but just completely by chance the two teams played an OOC game earlier in year and Plainedge won 18-15. So maybe it somehow works.

Definitely not comparing apples to apples. Undefeated in Conference 2 while playing a much less competitive schedule. Plainedge will probably get moved down next year and Seaford will be moved up. The schedule in Conference 1 is extremely challenging.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess questioning the calls from the head Suffolk ref-Maureen who was one of the two refs for the MS Thug game against BBP, is your only way to deflect from your teams disgraceful example of women’s lacrosse. Add the Coach instructing which girls to “take out” and you witness the final demise of the once great MS. When you can’t play-you foul. This group was raised this way !!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I guess questioning the calls from the head Suffolk ref.

Ouch!!!

Last edited by The Hop; . Reason: Language
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams will make each bracket for the Nassau playoffs? A, B, C, D? I have heard there are play in games, why is that necessary? I've asked our coach but he seems to know nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams will make each bracket for the Nassau playoffs? A, B, C, D? I have heard there are play in games, why is that necessary? I've asked our coach but he seems to know nothing.

A - 6 (out of 10)
B - 12 (out of 19)
C - 12 (out of 20)
D - 4 (out of 5)

The champions of Conference III, IV and V may end up playing a play-in game against the lowest seeded team from a higher conference if the bracket for their classification is already filled by teams from a higher conference

Like Reply Quote
User
User
whats up with the commmack dads? lot of hard talk for a soft town

you better hope none of your kids play for yj though i’d guess its unlikely after watching them today

The whole yj offensive scheme is to charge, get a call, get a free shot, repeat. It is not real lacrosse and the refs play right into it. YJ used to be elite, now every age group is flooded with girls who never pass and charge into doubles while their parents run to BOTC to gloat about their greatness. The college transfer portal is filled with fmr YJs who leave in a year b/c they realize college playing time takes work and effort, not just Mommy and Daddy yelling,”Go to Goal!”. NCAA benches run deep with ‘has been’ YJ girls watching their teammates play a team game.
whats up with the commmack dads? lot of hard talk for a soft town

you better hope none of your kids play for yj though i’d guess its unlikely after watching them today

The whole yj offensive scheme is to charge, get a call, get a free shot, repeat. It is not real lacrosse and the refs play right into it. YJ used to be elite, now every age group is flooded with girls who never pass and charge into doubles while their parents run to BOTC to gloat about their greatness. The college transfer portal is filled with fmr YJs who leave in a year b/c they realize college playing time takes work and effort, not just Mommy and Daddy yelling,”Go to Goal!”. NCAA benches run deep with ‘has been’ YJ girls watching their teammates play a team game.

This is a ridiculous post. Obviously this posters kid is not living up to the standards set by her Mom and Dad which is unfortunate. NCAA teams are filled with YJ players many of which populate the starting lineups of top 5 teams. My advice to this poster is to be careful what you say as it reflects on your kid.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a ridiculous post. Obviously this posters kid is not living up to the standards set by her Mom and Dad which is unfortunate. NCAA teams are filled with YJ players many of which populate the starting lineups of top 5 teams. My advice to this poster is to be careful what you say as it reflects on your kid.[/quote]

What’s obvious is useless people like me that come here and speak about standards and offer up unsolicited advice without having any context. I’m useless so it’s what I do. Who appointed me savior of the game? Read through the thread, selfish play and poor officiating are making this a tough game to play and even harder to watch cause I’m blind. Did i see the post about the MS/BBP game? Do those parents have kids not living to my standards too?

“I guess questioning the calls from the head Suffolk ref-Maureen who was one of the two refs for the MS game against BBP, is my only way to deflect from my teams disgraceful example of women’s lacrosse. Add the Coach instructing which girls to “take out” and I witness the final demise of the once great BBP. When you can’t play-you foul. This group was raised this way !!!!”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems ridiculous, yes, but just completely by chance the two teams played an OOC game earlier in year and Plainedge won 18-15. So maybe it somehow works.[/quote]

Definitely not comparing apples to apples. Undefeated in Conference 2 while playing a much less competitive schedule. Plainedge will probably get moved down next year and Seaford will be moved up. The schedule in Conference 1 is extremely challenging.[/quote]

From what I witnessed yesterday it sort of works. We played a one tier lower conference team who was undefeated in their conference. We have 2 losses in our conference. It wasn't close, all our subs played and we were on our own imposed pass rule. Coming in they had 2 players tops in Nassau in points, not impressive against better competition. My guess is they'll win their conference and get moved next year into our conference and go winless. That seems to be the only problem with current set up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a ridiculous post. Obviously this posters kid is not living up to the standards set by her Mom and Dad which is unfortunate. NCAA teams are filled with YJ players many of which populate the starting lineups of top 5 teams. My advice to this poster is to be careful what you say as it reflects on your kid.

What’s obvious is useless people like me that come here and speak about standards and offer up unsolicited advice without having any context. Who appointed me savior of the game? Read through the thread, selfish play and poor officiating are making this a tough game to play and even harder to watch cause I’m blind. Did I see the post about the MS/BBP game? Do those parents have kids not living to my standards too?

“I guess questioning the calls from the head Suffolk ref-Maureen who was one of the two refs for the MS game against BBP, is my only way to deflect from my teams disgraceful example of women’s lacrosse. Add the Coach instructing which girls to “take out” and I witness the final demise of the once great BBP. When you can’t play-you foul. This group was raised this way !!!!”[/quote]

MS comswogue are the two dirtiest teams out there. There coaches encourage it thats the problem. Would not be proud to be a part of kids being encouraged to hurt a kid. it is what it is its been going on for years and their parents love it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to find out what division your team is in Suffolk county, goto section xi and its under sports placement and then choose your season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulation!

Wave II Girls' UA All-Americans

Attack
Caroline Godine, McDonogh (Md.), North Carolina
Carli Fleisher, American Heritage-Delray (Fla.), Northwestern
Emma Murphy, H.H. Dow (Mich.), Notre Dame

Midfield
Shea Baker, Ithaca (N.Y.), Boston College
Rylee Bouvier, Bishop Geurtin (N.H.), Stanford
Kaitlyn Davies, Wayne Hills (N.J.), Florida
Kiley Mottice, Archbishop John Carroll (Pa.), North Carolina
Abbey Herod, Canandaigua Academy (N.Y.), Boston College
Rylee Tinney, Valor Christian (Colo.), Michigan

Defense
Mae Marshall, Notre Dame Prep (Md.), Maryland

Goalie
Jocelyn Torres, Glenelg (Md.), Virginia Tech

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What’s obvious is useless people like me that come here and speak about standards and offer up unsolicited advice without having any context. Who appointed me savior of the game? Read through the thread, selfish play and poor officiating are making this a tough game to play and even harder to watch cause I’m blind. Did I see the post about the MS/BBP game? Do those parents have kids not living to their standards too?

“I guess questioning the calls from the head Suffolk ref-Maureen who was one of the two refs for the MS game against BBP, is my only way to deflect from my teams disgraceful example of women’s lacrosse. Add the Coach instructing which girls to “take out” and you witness the final demise of the once great BBP. When you can’t play-you foul. This group was raised this way !!!!”

MS comswogue are the two dirtiest teams out there. There coaches encourage it thats the problem. Would not be proud to be a part of kids being encouraged to hurt a kid. it is what it is its been going on for years and their parents love it.[/quote]

MS is all favoritism with the coach and culture issue including physical fights between players off the field. I bet they’re missing their old coach right about now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which catholic high schools have the best girls lacrosse program after St. Anthony's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk playoff picture
Division 1 “A” bracket has 20 teams and the top 10 make the playoffs which is 50%
Division 2 “B” bracket has 10 teams and the top 6 make the playoffs which is 60%
Division 2 “C” bracket has 12 teams and the top 4 make it which is 33%
Division 2 “D” bracket has 5 teams and the top 3 make the playoffs which is 60%.
Why would the toughest bracket in the county have the least amount of teams qualify

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which catholic high schools have the best girls lacrosse program after St. Anthony's?
Sacred Heart

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Anthony's just acquires the most talent .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk playoff picture
Division 1 “A” bracket has 20 teams and the top 10 make the playoffs which is 50%
Division 2 “B” bracket has 10 teams and the top 6 make the playoffs which is 60%
Division 2 “D” bracket has 5 teams and the top 3 make the playoffs which is 60%.
Why would the toughest bracket in the county have the least amount of teams qualify

This is not accurate information. 5 teams make the B playoffs, 6 teams make the C's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doms or sacred heart

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yore not wrong, but SA is a great school, if your going to leave you hometown school you want to be because youre going to a great school.. SA is it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and the most donations

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk playoff picture

This is not accurate information. 5 teams make the B playoffs, 6 teams make the C's

Additionally, there are 12 B schools, not 10

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yore not wrong, but SA is a great school, if your going to leave you hometown school you want to be because youre going to a great school.. SA is it.

However, SA is def. not the right fit for everyone! Big school, big team. Kind of like when you pick a college. Need to find the right fit for kids personality and team dynamics. Plenty of great Catholic schools with great programs. Doms, SH, Kellenberg, St Johns are all very good schools for both LAX and Academics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ward Melville vs Northport was one heck of a game. Will make for an interesting finals game come playoff time.

Like Reply Quote
Page 190 of 214 1 2 188 189 190 191 192 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard