BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,228
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 112 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the Hopkins coach might go to Coppermine to help with Recruiting. Any truth to this? My daughter is going to switch to a more competitive team next season and this would be good to know prior to tryouts. They have a descent team but still some players that could be challenged for their current spots. Otherwise SW looks like an opportunity to switch because they always get better just prior to HS. Love any feedback from people that may know anything more than just their opinion.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heard the Hopkins coach might go to Coppermine to help with Recruiting. Any truth to this? My daughter is going to switch to a more competitive team next season and this would be good to know prior to tryouts. They have a descent team but still some players that could be challenged for their current spots. Otherwise SW looks like an opportunity to switch because they always get better just prior to HS. Love any feedback from people that may know anything more than just their opinion.

I am wondering the same thing. Coppermine seems to on the right path, but it is risky to take a chance on them so soon in their venture? Do you think a lot of their top talent will move to a team with a more established High School Reputation? The timing is the hard part with them right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Either way, you cant go wrong with Skywalkers! They produce top level Division 1 talent every year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am wondering the same thing. Coppermine seems to on the right path, but it is risky to take a chance on them so soon in their venture? Do you think a lot of their top talent will move to a team with a more established High School Reputation? The timing is the hard part with them right now.
I heard the same rumor. If so, this will attract top talent to Coppermine teams Their younger teams are already loaded.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopkins Coach discussed a number of potential next steps on a podcast recently and she listed exploring opportunities with Coppermine as one of them. I imagine she has many options and she made it sound like she may dip her toe in many things initially. But, regardless of recruiting director, I'd imagine it will probably take a little time before Coppermine establishes the same kind of reputation Skywalkers has amongst college coaches?? Especially considering the 27s may be the first solid recruiting class the team has.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is true, coach Tucker is coming to Coppermine. It will be announced prior to tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is true, coach Tucker is coming to Coppermine. It will be announced prior to tryouts.
Nice! When are the tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts will most likely be 2nd week of July.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s great for Coppermine but not sure it’s a big advantage over the clubs who have club directors who’ve spent years building relationships with college coaches.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Hopkins Coach discussed a number of potential next steps on a podcast recently and she listed exploring opportunities with Coppermine as one of them. I imagine she has many options and she made it sound like she may dip her toe in many things initially. But, regardless of recruiting director, I'd imagine it will probably take a little time before Coppermine establishes the same kind of reputation Skywalkers has amongst college coaches?? Especially considering the 27s may be the first solid recruiting class the team has.

Additional thoughts on this topic:

1. Do I think the coach from Hopkins will "help" at Coppermine? Probably a little but doubt that is a fulfilling job for a really competitive person. I mean you are going from a top flight college program to help out a local mid tier club? Don't see that as a long term fit, she will have better options beyond club...I would be careful chasing that fwiw.

2. If you are going to make a move, I would do it this summer before teams solidify.

3. Skywalkers has an established history of recruiting excellence and the 27 team needs help, probably 6 players. If your daughter/her friends are true A player(s), she /they will get on the field at SW and be part of the D1 pipeline.

4. You and your daughter should reach out to come teams and drop in for a practice or two. You will know quickly if its a good fit

5. Lots of good clubs out there (NEMS, TLC, SW, Integrity, etc)

Good luck on upcoming decisions!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
One more thought, having coach Tucker or being part of an established program helps but won't get your daughter an offer. College coaches recruit the talent that is the best fit for their program.

Have a great weekend everyone!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg

1. Do I think the coach from Hopkins will "help" at Coppermine? Probably a little but doubt that is a fulfilling job for a really competitive person. I mean you are going from a top flight college program to help out a local mid tier club? Don't see that as a long term fit, she will have better options beyond club...I would be careful chasing that fwiw.

2. If you are going to make a move, I would do it this summer before teams solidify.

3. Skywalkers has an established history of recruiting excellence and the 27 team needs help, probably 6 players. If your daughter/her friends are true A player(s), she /they will get on the field at SW and be part of the D1 pipeline.

4. You and your daughter should reach out to come teams and drop in for a practice or two. You will know quickly if its a good fit

As someone who has been through this- clubs make a difference
The obvious MND and Heros are great w recruiting
MDU and Skywalkers has a strong history of placement, take a look at commits for their JRs and SRs.

Yes- it seems like a long way off, but most teams solidify going into 9th. Integrity from what I understand will take girls year round (which also means your daughter can be replaced year round- they have close to 30 rostered on their 2026 team under the newer owner).
JT has great relationships and respect and will be a great addition to Coppermine. Would be great to see her stay, track record shows loyalty. LBC also has a strong recruiting history along with VA teams if you are willing to travel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JT probably has a lot of friends and more enemies after competing and winning for so many years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MDU- good track record? Coaches, team size, overall staff/good recruiting? Looking for a change in AAC and would love feedback

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg

Coach Tucker already has a big connection to Coppermine. Her sister helps run the program and coaches the 28’s. They would be as good an option for your daughter as SW. Currently Coppermine has more overall talent than SW and I think they keep their top girls now so that team might be harder to make than SW. M&D and Hero’s will also be tough to make unless your daughter is really good already.

Recruiting starts with the talent of the player but having someone like Tucker making a call on your behalf is powerful. That is what she would be able to do at Coppermine. It will be interesting to see as this 27 team is their first potentially talented HS team. You can go see both teams play Sunday according to the Tourney App.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can a team really have 30 girls? How many do they add after tryouts are done? Do all teams do that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can a team really have 30 girls? How many do they add after tryouts are done? Do all teams do that?

They’re exaggerating. Rosters that big don’t come until HS.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Most rosters are 18-20 field + 2 goalies (that is ideal size)

High school is bananas, 25-35 on varsity for private schools

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know for a fact that they have 27 girls on that team- friends daughter sees the field 5 min a game
OP was correct w excessive roster size
They added 5 players after august tryouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know for a fact that they have 27 girls on that team- friends daughter sees the field 5 min a game

That’s just dense at this age, getting game experience is key over win…2 years from now different story

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MDU- good track record? Coaches, team size, overall staff/good recruiting? Looking for a change in AAC and would love feedback
MDU is the overall strongest club in AAC. Plays in all the top recruiting tournaments. Owner and Recruiting Director well connected with college coaches. Former college players and coaches with many years of experience. Coaches with experiences as coaches in US Lacrosse Schoolgirls Tournament, UA All American tournament, Nike American Select, and in various varsity high school programs. Team sizes are generally 22 field players and 2 goalies. They also have dedicated goalie only coaches. We have been very happy with this club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask some of MDU's previous players about how much help and support they received during recruiting. Unless your daughter is going to a top 20 school they are not interested in helping your daughter get recruited. They did little to nothing to help with recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask some of MDU's previous players about how much help and support they received during recruiting. Unless your daughter is going to a top 20 school they are not interested in helping your daughter get recruited. They did little to nothing to help with recruiting.

Agree 100%. Friend’s daughter is a recent grad from MDU and playing D1 lax. They said the recruiting was all based on their daughter’s own efforts. Said don’t choose a club based on “recruiting help” - choose best coaches, teammates and fit. As long as team is playing in good tournaments and competition, the club isn’t going to matter nearly as much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure your personal experience but they have nearly 30 2023s currently commited, from UMD to D3, all over the map.

In my experience reach out to coaches of clubs you intend to try out for, esp if you are current club player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. At the end of the day MDU girls go very similar schools as all the AAC clubs. Fact! Stick with a team your daughter is happy on; coaches are a good fit; and will actually get playing time! Have many friends who’s daughters got ZERO help from club on recruiting….they did it all on their OWN and MDU likes to hang their hat on helping them. Not sure how connected the director really is!!

Many of AAC clubs are 2-5 players away from being top competitive teams. We like to water down the talent in our small area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disagree, MDU in terms of producing talent is much higher level than the other county clubs.

At this moment, last years D1 saves leader was MDU and currently two of the top 8 save % leaders are MDU goalies.

JAC all time goal scorer, MDU. Currently have girls commited to MD, as well as ACC schools.

Can’t speak how much that has to do with director working relationships or just them being in best tournaments.

Good luck, if your kid is talented, they will be seen no matter what club in this area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s just dense at this age, getting game experience is key over win…2 years from now different story

Actually game experience is much MORE important in a few years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree 100%. Friend’s daughter is a recent grad from MDU and playing D1 lax. They said the recruiting was all based on their daughter’s own efforts. Said don’t choose a club based on “recruiting help” - choose best coaches, teammates and fit. As long as team is playing in good tournaments and competition, the club isn’t going to matter nearly as much.

Completely agree with one exception. If you are a goalie, you want to play for a club that plays from the back a lot and uses the goalie in the ride. Coaches are looking for more than just shot stoppers as the game evolves. If you play for a club that just wants its goalies between the pipes, you are doing your daughter a MAJOR disservice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10-6 Coppermine over SWB

Pretty good game overall, Coppermine mids dominated the draw which really helped their cause.

Also, Coppermine goalie made several really good stops on free position and normal shots on goal. (10+ saves)

Skywalkers had lots of opportunities and couldn’t convert but closer than the experts predicted.

Only negative takeaway was some trash talking from Coppermine D, was making comments about SW players. Sadly this is the age when that happens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It looks like Coppermine is currently the better of the two teams based on todays score in Tourney App and past results. Also sounds like Tucker will be involved with Coppermine in the future. Based on this I’d try out for both but Coppermine might be the tougher team to make now as I doubt they lose any girls to SW or any other teams. Now if your daughter is really talented and depending on where you live- M&D or Hero’s are two options. These teams would be the toughest to make though. Only other A teams I would mention would be NEMS and TLC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It looks like Coppermine is currently the better of the two teams based on todays score in Tourney App and past results. Also sounds like Tucker will be involved with Coppermine in the future. Based on this I’d try out for both but Coppermine might be the tougher team to make now as I doubt they lose any girls to SW or any other teams. Now if your daughter is really talented and depending on where you live- M&D or Hero’s are two options. These teams would be the toughest to make though. Only other A teams I would mention would be NEMS and TLC.

I know a few of NEMS better players are looking at options this summer, hearing some might be going to TLC where there is a NDP / Bryn Mawr connection. I’m sure SW too

Coppermine has very good mids, that’ll be a hard rotation to crack

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone from LBC want to attempt to explain their coach’s actions today?

I know it can’t be as bad as it sounded right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10-6 Coppermine over SWB

Pretty good game overall, Coppermine mids dominated the draw which really helped their cause.

Also, Coppermine goalie made several really good stops on free position and normal shots on goal. (10+ saves)

Skywalkers had lots of opportunities and couldn’t convert but closer than the experts predicted.

Only negative takeaway was some trash talking from Coppermine D, was making comments about SW players. Sadly this is the age when that happens.

Good review but there was no trash talking by Coppermine D. There was to chatter between school mates from both teams prior to the game about beating each other. Let’s not paint a group of 12 & 13 years old as negative when they were not talking trash. It was a good game where even opposing parents were talking kindly with each other. Two solid teams with good coaching and hard working girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it was the director not 2027 coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The director IS the 2027 coach. Which makes it that much worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well it definitely was the coach, which it sounds like is also the club director.

Heros and LBC were caught in a weather delay with 6 minutes left to play in the 1st half..... Heros up 5-3
Both teams took the field at 3:45 with both full squads (and refs) in position ready to do the draw.....
The LBC coach said her team would not restart play and took her team off the field.
The 2026 Pride vs Heroes W game being played on the adjacent field, was completed on time (first half only)

Looking at the rules, which are a little vague on this very specific situation, but leaves it up to you for interpretation:
- A game score will stand at the point it was delayed if at least one complete half has been
played.
- Any team that forfeits a game due to lack of players or using an ineligible player will not be eligible for
the playoffs.
- Any forfeited game will be scored as a 10-1 win.

So in my view, by LBC saying they are not playing, when they had at least 15 players on the sidles at the time, they forfeited the game, which means they should be disqualified form the playoffs... If this is not right then teams that are getting blown out in the first half should just stop playing before the half is over and use this as their excuse why they can legally not get a forfeit loss

So I think .....Pride you are up and getting ready for Coppermine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well it definitely was the coach, which it sounds like is also the club director.

Heros and LBC were caught in a weather delay with 6 minutes left to play in the 1st half..... Heros up 5-3
Both teams took the field at 3:45 with both full squads (and refs) in position ready to do the draw.....
The LBC coach said her team would not restart play and took her team off the field.
The 2026 Pride vs Heroes W game being played on the adjacent field, was completed on time (first half only)

Looking at the rules, which are a little vague on this very specific situation, but leaves it up to you for interpretation:
- A game score will stand at the point it was delayed if at least one complete half has been
played.
- Any team that forfeits a game due to lack of players or using an ineligible player will not be eligible for
the playoffs.
- Any forfeited game will be scored as a 10-1 win.

So in my view, by LBC saying they are not playing, when they had at least 15 players on the sidles at the time, they forfeited the game, which means they should be disqualified form the playoffs... If this is not right then teams that are getting blown out in the first half should just stop playing before the half is over and use this as their excuse why they can legally not get a forfeit loss

So I think .....Pride you are up and getting ready for Coppermine

Wow. So sounds like LBC after already being banned from YJ/STEPS tourneys is trying to get banned from Robinson Sports events as well. Soon they will only play in Thinklax and Aloha events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is completely false. The lighting delay horn was not blown until 3:45 which was 30 minutes after the delay. No player was permitted to leave their vehicle until the horn was blown at 3:45 per the refs who were screaming at the players and families. The rule is the game must be completed by 3:55 which is 55 minutes after the start of the game. Hero's wanted to change the rules and ignore the 55 minute rule. They wanted to start the game before all of the LBC players were on the field which was at 3:50- 5 minutes after the horn was blown. This would not end the game by the 3:55 time rule. I am sorry that your team only wants to follow the rules when they benefit you. Your parents should be ashamed of themselves for screaming at 12 year old girls.

Page 41 of 112 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard