BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,579
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 233 of 268 1 2 231 232 233 234 235 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No question Ward Melville has been the top, most consistent program in Suffolk for the last 40 years. The list of years they did not win Suffolk is a lot shorter than the list of times they did win it. Garden City in Nassau the same is true and going back even further, 50 years. Manhasset a close 2nd and then the rest with probably CSH 3rd and either Massapequa or Syosset after that. I really don't think there is even another name worthy of being thrown into the conversation though someone from Farmingdale may think otherwise.

Not really accurate at all... While GC won a County and Long Island Championship in 1963 they had a long drought with no Championships up until 1985. Ward Melville won their first County and Long Island Championship in 1974 and have been extremely consistent with the exception of a stretch from 2001 - 2012 when they had no County Championships (I believe WM was in the championship game just about every year during that stretch). So it looks like WM has been the top dog for close to 50 years while GC close to 40 years (Nassau probably had more competition during the early years)

Garden City has been dominant since 85. It looks like WM has been dominant since 74.

Garden City has 23 Nassau County Championships, 17 Long Island Championships and 7 State Championships.

Ward Melville has 27 Suffolk County Championships, 18 Long Island Championships and 10 State Championships.

I would think that Manhasset would be the next up in Nassau but not sure any schools are even close to WM and GC. Farmindale has their fair share of Nassau County Titles but they have not done much beyond that... 2 Long Island Championships and 1 State Championship.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I get the point attempting to be made, bigger schools equals more kids to chose from for a particular sport, therefore they are expected to be better, sounds good on paper however public schools don’t recruit and can only chose from kids in the district, you can have one school with 600 kids and only 10% want to play lax because they may have many other options to chose from and another school with 300 kids and 30% want lax because they have limited options, you can only chose from the kids who want to play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No question Ward Melville has been the top, most consistent program in Suffolk for the last 40 years. The list of years they did not win Suffolk is a lot shorter than the list of times they did win it. Garden City in Nassau the same is true and going back even further, 50 years. Manhasset a close 2nd and then the rest with probably CSH 3rd and either Massapequa or Syosset after that. I really don't think there is even another name worthy of being thrown into the conversation though someone from Farmingdale may think otherwise.

Not really accurate at all... While GC won a County and Long Island Championship in 1963 they had a long drought with no Championships up until 1985. Ward Melville won their first County and Long Island Championship in 1974 and have been extremely consistent with the exception of a stretch from 2001 - 2012 when they had no County Championships (I believe WM was in the championship game just about every year during that stretch). So it looks like WM has been the top dog for close to 50 years while GC close to 40 years (Nassau probably had more competition during the early years)

Garden City has been dominant since 85. It looks like WM has been dominant since 74.

Garden City has 23 Nassau County Championships, 17 Long Island Championships and 7 State Championships.

Ward Melville has 27 Suffolk County Championships, 18 Long Island Championships and 10 State Championships.

I would think that Manhasset would be the next up in Nassau but not sure any schools are even close to WM and GC. Farmindale has their fair share of Nassau County Titles but they have not done much beyond that... 2 Long Island Championships and 1 State Championship.

Pretty sure it was 1966, not 1963...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bro, you have 300 boys to chose from are you really comparing WM to a school that is less than half your size?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Power Conference ? And who decides what teams are in the conference, you ? CSH just lost to Rye tonight. There are plenty of competitive games for the top teams in each conference along with some snoozers where some non regulars get some experience. That’s how it works. I see many Nassau schools playing teams like Mamo, Rye , Darien, Yorktown and the like. So they know how to add some more competitive games to their schedule. Maybe the Suffolk schools should follow suit, but that might hurt your ego when we see the final score.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Melville freak, I am not even from GC (CSH) but really?? Acknowledged your district's county dominance and program excellence over the years. But common, as you stated, had an 11 year drought-all good-and your knocking GC for a stretch 50+years ago? LOL. Get a life. I bet you argue at cocktail parties or probably more likely lax tailgates who would win a fight between Spiderman and Superman... To end on a positive note, I respect your town pride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Melville freak, I am not even from GC (CSH) but really?? Acknowledged your district's county dominance and program excellence over the years. But common, as you stated, had an 11 year drought-all good-and your knocking GC for a stretch 50+years ago? LOL. Get a life. I bet you argue at cocktail parties or probably more likely lax tailgates who would win a fight between Spiderman and Superman... To end on a positive note, I respect your town pride.

Always laugh when someone on here tells other people to "get a life" as if they are somehow above the nonsense. Why call the person a freak? I didn't see the post as knocking GC at all, it was an informative response to a post that was simply not accurate. I did not realize how impressive Garden City and Ward Melville have been over the years. Obviously they are the two strongest programs on Long Island by a wide margin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mt. Sinai will win Friday easily, but GC will keep close because of Faceoffs and will slow down the game. Really looking forward to the St. As and St Js game. St As will need to play a lot better than they did against St Is in the 1st Q to have a shot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mt. Sinai will win Friday easily, but GC will keep close because of Faceoffs and will slow down the game. Really looking forward to the St. As and St Js game. St As will need to play a lot better than they did against St Is in the 1st Q to have a shot.

Sooo, will they win easily or will it be close?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The win will never be in doubt but GC will keep it close.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk should create smaller conferences similar to what
Nassau has. I think in Suffolk you have something like 14
conference games and 1-2 non conference, whereas Nassau
has 8 conference games and 7 non conference games. The
smaller conferences help both the very successful teams-
who can now play several games against top competition
(Think GC and Mt. Sinai playing every year) and the teams
where lacrosse is not a primary sport in the community can
play half their games against similar teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was all that 1 and a million talk

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now do the average of money spent on private training by town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Youzzas, St John’s just put St Anthony’s through their woodchipper. Not even competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Anthony’s was thoroughly out played and out coached. Defense looked lost on more than 1/2 of posessions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Little surprised by the lack of comments about yesterdays games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What did I miss ? I watched the first half of GC game and feel asleep!!! BRUTAL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You missed a gutsy second half performance by an undersized and undermanned but talented ms team. Sj is so loaded they embarrassed a program that usually embarrasses their opponents. If you fell asleep you should quit the night job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So now who is the best team in the country.
St Johns wins big over St A’s but only beat Hill Academy by 1 - Brunswick beat Hill by 8 on Friday.

It’s definitely between those two but who gets the nod?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You missed a gutsy second half performance by an undersized and undermanned but talented ms team. Sj is so loaded they embarrassed a program that usually embarrasses their opponents. If you fell asleep you should quit the night job.

SJ is a great team and exposed ST A’s and there weaknesses at that elite level. Well Done SJ coaching staff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do realize that all of SJ's players are a minimum 1 year older than SA's players. When it's an entire team of hold backs it is much tougher to compete with on age players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do realize that all of SJ's players are a minimum 1 year older than SA's players. When it's an entire team of hold backs it is much tougher to compete with on age players.

I would say probably by more than just 1 year too. We are talking MD kids who made the holdback thing “a thing”! You will find the double holdbacks at the prep schools like Brunswick as well. If you have a team full of holdbacks, they are more experienced players. I do agree SA also got out coached. However, SJ had more to work with in the holdback kids. Deeper bench. Seems like the holdback thing will continue to be part of the conversation. Check out the college commits to the best programs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So now who is the best team in the country.
St Johns wins big over St A’s but only beat Hill Academy by 1 - Brunswick beat Hill by 8 on Friday.

dense argument. Until they play, we’ll never know. SJC beat G prep by 12 or something, Brunswick only beat them by 5. Comparing apples to oranges. What we do know is, SJC has had only one game within about 5 goals. And they just smoked SA on their own turf, up 11-3 till waning minutes when some scrubs were out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Woooow, now we get the holdback excuse. I’ve never heard this argument for HIGH SCHOOL level lacrosse, this is utterly pathetic. Pathetic. In 6th grade, I get the gripe. But dude, these are kids from 4 different grades. And actually, it’s was the sophs and juniors at SJC who laid the beat down on Saint Ants. At least congrats on stepping out of your little LI bubble to take on some teams from MD/DC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
holdbacks is your answer. You have to be part of the problem in America today. SA was out worked by a more talented team. If it wasn’t for the SA goalie the score would have been 20 to 3. They were constantly caught in transition because their star players didn’t hustle back. Awful job by the SA coach. 2/3 of his top midfield line are attackmen and their lack of speed showed. There defense was brutal because they don’t communicate. Not sure what that has to do with holdbacks.
SA coach doesn’t play prep schools because of holdbacks so SJ can’t be that bad and not sure if you know but they have quite a few holdbacks on their team. Take the loss with some grace

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
holdbacks is your answer. You have to be part of the problem in America today. SA was out worked by a more talented team. If it wasn’t for the SA goalie the score would have been 20 to 3. They were constantly caught in transition because their star players didn’t hustle back. Awful job by the SA coach. 2/3 of his top midfield line are attackmen and their lack of speed showed. There defense was brutal because they don’t communicate. Not sure what that has to do with holdbacks.
SA coach doesn’t play prep schools because of holdbacks so SJ can’t be that bad and not sure if you know but they have quite a few holdbacks on their team. Take the loss with some grace

Agree! SA was Def. Outplayed and out coached! However, the holdback thing is still a thing, especially in MD/DC teams. Yes, LI is catching up to it in the last few years as well. I bet Even the frosh and juniors are holdbacks one or two years on those teams as well? Still a thing! Not going away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s definitely between those two but who gets the nod?[/quote]
dense argument. Until they play, we’ll never know. SJC beat G prep by 12 or something, Brunswick only beat them by 5. Comparing apples to oranges. What we do know is, SJC has had only one game within about 5 goals. And they just smoked SA on their own turf, up 11-3 till waning minutes when some scrubs were out there.[/quote]
Wow, we’re calling kids scrubs? Real nice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Notes:
SA has holdbacks too so stop.
You lost 11-5 AT HOME and it wasnt even that close. 6 goal difference is hold backs? How about working on the clear where you turned if over way too many times.
Shot clock is a better excuse than hold backs. They play with that down south so not being used to that impacted St Anthony's. Youre obviously not ready for college lax if youre still on about holdbacks and cant run a time offense.
Big Tasty stood on his head. You faced the best goalie in the country who is a junior. So even if he were a holdback he should be a senior. Similarly the attackman that gave you fits is a sophomore.
Is this the coaches talk? this is what St Anthony said to their players "dont worry boys, we dont usually play prep schools because they are older than you. Youll be fine in the world and we would have won if they only played Seniors who are really Senios, cant play Sophomores or Juniors because they are older."
SAD!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What did I miss ? I watched the first half of GC game and feel asleep!!! BRUTAL
Outsider here, tried to watch. GC brand of lacrosse is absolutely awful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say probably by more than just 1 year too. We are talking MD kids who made the holdback thing “a thing”! You will find the double holdbacks at the prep schools like Brunswick as well. If you have a team full of holdbacks, they are more experienced players. I do agree SA also got out coached. However, SJ had more to work with in the holdback kids. Deeper bench. Seems like the holdback thing will continue to be part of the conversation. Check out the college commits to the best programs!
Can I get confirmation, that as a St Anthony's parent, your analysis of the game is that you lost because of hold backs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you mean? Please explain.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dense argument. Until they play, we’ll never know. SJC beat G prep by 12 or something, Brunswick only beat them by 5. Comparing apples to oranges. What we do know is, SJC has had only one game within about 5 goals. And they just smoked SA on their own turf, up 11-3 till waning minutes when some scrubs were out there.[/quote]
Wow, we’re calling kids scrubs? Real nice[/quote]
Pine huggers, whatever you prefer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don’t know what your talking about . My son starts for SJC and is 17 a senior . Take the lost like a man .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were St Anthonys parents against hold backs when ONeill was helping them beat Chaminade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont get started with the people on this page. Most are angry and delusional. It was a pleasure watching your sons team. I have no dog in the fight as my son plays for a good public school team in Nassau county. SJC beat a really good team and deserves to be number 1. All the other stuff being said is typical excuses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the High School thread, there should be no talk of holdbacks. Most every team has players from all 4 grades playing on the Varsity team. If your son cannot compete, then reevaluate his playing ability...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the High School thread, there should be no talk of holdbacks. Most every team has players from all 4 grades playing on the Varsity team. If your son cannot compete, then reevaluate his playing ability...

Why should there be no talk of this? Its a major shift in this and other sports. There are huge differences physically between a Freshman and a 20 year old still in high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were St Anthonys parents against hold backs when ONeill was helping them beat Chaminade?
O'Neill was on age (actually on the younger side for the class of 2020 if you can believe it). McAdorey on the other hand...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Notes:
SA has holdbacks too so stop.
You lost 11-5 AT HOME and it wasnt even that close. 6 goal difference is hold backs? How about working on the clear where you turned if over way too many times.
Shot clock is a better excuse than hold backs. They play with that down south so not being used to that impacted St Anthony's. Youre obviously not ready for college lax if youre still on about holdbacks and cant run a time offense.
Big Tasty stood on his head. You faced the best goalie in the country who is a junior. So even if he were a holdback he should be a senior. Similarly the attackman that gave you fits is a sophomore.
Is this the coaches talk? this is what St Anthony said to their players "dont worry boys, we dont usually play prep schools because they are older than you. Youll be fine in the world and we would have won if they only played Seniors who are really Senios, cant play Sophomores or Juniors because they are older."
SAD!!!!!!

It's even funnier that St Ant's has 91 Bandit players and can't even compete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why should there be no talk of this? Its a major shift in this and other sports. There are huge differences physically between a Freshman and a 20 year old still in high school.

There are no 20 year olds playing. Stop being ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
Page 233 of 268 1 2 231 232 233 234 235 267 268
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard