BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heard a rumor that Garden City is going to keep their boys from playing club lacrosse...is there any validity to that rumor? I saw so many great town teams this year, like Manhasset, that could clearly hang against the club pool at tournaments. if its true then other towns may need to get on the bandwagon. there is a reason that GC is top of the high school food chain.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
heard a rumor that Garden City is going to keep their boys from playing club lacrosse...is there any validity to that rumor? I saw so many great town teams this year, like Manhasset, that could clearly hang against the club pool at tournaments. if its true then other towns may need to get on the bandwagon. there is a reason that GC is top of the high school food chain.

this year GC goes to an A team for PAL. Up till now they have just been broken up by no rhyme or reason into 4 teams. If you want to play on their PAL A team then you MUST play summer travel with them and lax must come first. Otherwise you can go on the B team. summer is not mandatory. Right now I think they have kids on a few travel teams, from True Blue to Outlaws and a few others. If GC is able to put on enough pressure to keep them inhouse youll know by Oct

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's obvious your not from GC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's obvious your not from GC.

DUde, its right on their website. SPells out what they are doing next year. But since your in the know what dont you tell us how it works ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Garden City has one of the best HS Programs in the country.

I am not sure that changing how they do things at the youth level is going to make them any better.

Many of their best players over the last several years have played on club teams in the summer. Those kids helped make up very good GC High School Teams.

If there is a trend that restricts players and pressures them into only playing with the kids in their Town we will see a decline in the level of talent on Long Island.

Can someone please identify a sport in which the best players in the world are consistently developed by playing and training with "only" the players who live in their Town.

As the sport continues to grow the level of play will only increase and if kids are limited they will not reach their full potential.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLAH BLAH BLAH. EVERY STORY HAS 3 SIDES.

FOR TOWNS THAT DO NOT HAVE STRNG PROGRAMS YES TRAVLE IS A GREAT OPTION FOR TOWNS THAT HAVE A STRONG PROGRAM AND PLAYERS GOIGN TO TRAVEL IS A DISSERVICE TO THE PLAYERS AND PROGRAM.

LAST I SAW LACROSSE WAS A TEAM SPORT AND YES PLAYING BOTH CAN AIDE TO A TOWN PROGRAM BUT TO NOT PLAY YOUR TOWN PROGRM OR NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY YOUR TOWN PROGRAM BECAUSE YOU PLAY TRAVEL IS REDICULOUS.

AT 2012 YOU WILL SEE THIS WHEN IT IS TOO LATE. BUT MANY OF YOU 2012 CRAZIES HAVE OLDER KIDS SO YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS ALREADY. WHAT IS THE SAYING FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON YOU FOOL ME TWICE SHAME ON ME.

I am not sure that changing how they do things at the youth level is going to make them any better.

Many of their best players over the last several years have played on club teams in the summer. Those kids helped make up very good GC High School Teams.

If there is a trend that restricts players and pressures them into only playing with the kids in their Town we will see a decline in the level of talent on Long Island.

Can someone please identify a sport in which the best players in the world are consistently developed by playing and training with "only" the players who live in their Town.

As the sport continues to grow the level of play will only increase and if kids are limited they will not reach their full potential.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 crazies not 2012 crazies.

FOR TOWNS THAT DO NOT HAVE STRNG PROGRAMS YES TRAVLE IS A GREAT OPTION FOR TOWNS THAT HAVE A STRONG PROGRAM AND PLAYERS GOIGN TO TRAVEL IS A DISSERVICE TO THE PLAYERS AND PROGRAM.

LAST I SAW LACROSSE WAS A TEAM SPORT AND YES PLAYING BOTH CAN AIDE TO A TOWN PROGRAM BUT TO NOT PLAY YOUR TOWN PROGRM OR NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY YOUR TOWN PROGRAM BECAUSE YOU PLAY TRAVEL IS REDICULOUS.

AT 2012 YOU WILL SEE THIS WHEN IT IS TOO LATE. BUT MANY OF YOU 2012 CRAZIES HAVE OLDER KIDS SO YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS ALREADY. WHAT IS THE SAYING FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON YOU FOOL ME TWICE SHAME ON ME.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard there are 5 or 6 GC kids who currently play in Suffolk who are going to TB this year since its closer and a better team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did they play last season ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard there are 5 or 6 GC kids who currently play in Suffolk who are going to TB this year since its closer and a better team

So here is the question I have. SO if these 5 or 6 are "going to TB" what are the tryouts for? Are the already on the team?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So here is the question I have. SO if these 5 or 6 are "going to TB" what are the tryouts for? Are the already on the team?

Pot stirrer. Don't play along.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pot stirrer. Don't play along.

Not a Pot stirrer it's a valid question. Is it predetermined these GC kids are going to TB? 6 is allot of kids on a team that already has a core group from one town. I think it's a fair question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isnt most of TB kids from Massapequa? Arent there like 4 non-GC club teams based in the GC area already? Seems like a bunch of them practice in Mitchell Field. Why would they be on a Suffolk based team to begin with?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unchartered territory. I am from GC and don't believe in the homogenous environment. Almost if not all varsity kids played club. Is it greed that wants there club dollars? Or are they trying to improve the program? Time will tell. But why change what has worked for ever? I believe in town PAL and summer travel. It is a proven formula. Why mess with what works? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ caching!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"When we play TurfIsland we know we are going to score goals in bunches. They do have a powerful offense and that is how they win. But don't list scores against B and C teams and claim you did great. The big boys were not there and would have scored more and shutout those teams. You have a good team but not as good as you all think."

Wildkatz played Igloo at laxfest in a pretty exciting game then tied TI. I believe Igloo also beat TI by one goal but had lost to 91. I know Igloo won in the end but the point I am trying to make is, when talent plays talent, the games will be close. Both teams will score goals. They are 10 yrs old. These teams will be playing each other for years, some boys will be recruited to other teams and may even play together. As parents we should respect the teams and teach our kids to respect each other. You never know who you may end up playing with.

Very well put ...I like it .....most of the kids know each other and are friends the parents are the problem ....always trying to jockey there kid and gain an advantage... THEY ARE 10 !!!!! do you think the kids are talking about this non sense ... I have been watching this thread for 3 days and I am ashamed to say I probably know some of these people that have posted on here . In the end does it really matter , does it ???? Nope . I guess a good word would be pathetic ..... Have fun with the team you are on and save the drama . Your not missing anything where you . If your kid enjoys the team he is on and the kids he plays with be happy . DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY
This is better then Jerry Springer .

I can tell you that what you say is true. My son played on his town team happily all through grammar school. always second or third string. We knew he was better but never complained, because he was happy and having fun. Coach favored his own kid and a select other few. Fast forward to HS. My son starts, and has a D1 scholarship to a top program. As for the others? They are all still friends, but getting very nervous weather they will play at the college level at all! Living proof that none of it matters at 10!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 crazies not 2012 crazies.

I am not from Garden City but I can say they know what they are doing. I think it may be an attempt to change with the times. Garden City High School team is very good now but remember ten years ago when todays high school team members were in second grade not many towns were big on lacrosse. Garden city players dominated the club teams with a few other towns because not many other towns focused on lacrosse like Garden City and a few others. So Garden City may be good today because those kids in high school today had more years of playing time and better coaching playing club when many others did not. Today and starting about 5 years ago EVERY town has many kids playing club lacrosse so there will be no advantage at the high school level in 5 years from now because in 2018 all high school kids will have the same extra playing years of club lax. I see it in my town. The older kids started plaing lax in 8th grade and the skills of those kids are not as good as the 5th graders. I think Garden City is very smart in what they are doing. They will get the best coaching for thier kids and will be able to compete with the club teams. Time will tell but I agree with what they are doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOw, how many 2021 teams are there now ? Between the big towns going in house, the Lizards are back, Zummo, some crazy Katz guy, guys running around in camo its like an invasion. Will some go the way of the Dodo ? will the talent pool be thinned ? Will a nice bracket of b and maybe even c teams be formed ? Prices from 850 to high 2s STrap in baby and dont lose your deposit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the try-out Frenzy begin .... Before you know it summer will be here and you will be looking for another team to play for next year .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at the Igloo try-outs last night for 2021 team and the talent that was there was very very good . They look like they are ready to re-load . Better then last year ? Heard to think but after what I saw I would have to say yes .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at the Igloo try-outs last night for 2021 team and the talent that was there was very very good . They look like they are ready to re-load . Better then last year ? Heard to think but after what I saw I would have to say yes .

About how many 2021 kids attend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have said 60-70 and the talent was very good. Good Goalies there too. I think this team will do very well this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

About how many 2021 kids attend?

About 50 kids and all great. All "A" to elite players. I did not see one kid there that was not at least an "A" level player. From what I saw they are not going to "re-load". About 15 to 18 kids with igloo helmets have not been evaluated from the start of "tryouts". I have watched them do the drills from day one and nothing is being noted about these 15 to 18 players by the evaluators. I noticed only a few Igloo players that are being watched and notes taken. After reading this post I doubt they will be so obvious about not taking notes on these 15-18 players. Good luck to all the kids!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the turnout like for Express 2021?

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard