BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 144 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and the program should be truthful about developmental players on a team with B players. it becomes very unfair to both kids when one has been playing for some time and can handle a stick, knows where to line up and doesnt think this is some kind of lacrosse play date. then the developmental kid, who really just made a donation to the express goes in the game, regardless of what level, and loses the game for the team. not what i want to pay thousands of dollars for and waste my time. tuition, travel expenses, hotels, etc.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please note that BOTC Moderators have grown tired of editting and deleting entries about the "Lax Pro" program. We mention it one last time here only to completely direct our information at the offending poster. We request that any further discussion of this program be first cleared with the BOTC moderators.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Informaiton Directed at Poster
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes you are correct

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow express orange team now has an attack player from the white team . boy what 1500 dollars an a dream can do .so all you other 90 attack guys at the tryout thanks for the donation of 75 dollars.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
has the white team been announced?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes. But the superstar hills attack player is on orange

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
mr mi off

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea $1,400 bucks and alot of tail-between-legs groveling.
Priceless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow i saw the cudas play SWR this weekend,wow soild d .good middies

Who was there attack it looked like they took some turtles kids. Anybody know who these kids are . Future duke players WOW

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yea but he was the best 91 attack

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW! Delusional and pathetic parent ragging on kids.Really need to get a hold of yourself. No, I do not have a kid on Express and have not been involved with program.Just someone who found site looking for tryout info and found the reality that some parents are really sick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said. You are all out of control. There is no reason to be talking about children the way you are. If you don't like a specific program then dont have your child play there.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Who was there attack it looked like they took some turtles kids. Anybody know who these kids are . Future duke players WOW

If it was @ Farmingdale none of those kids are on the Cuda's. They are just a bunch of kids from different teams that wanted to play fall ball. There is a lot of talent on LI !!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Laxlives

If it was @ Farmingdale none of those kids are on the Cuda's. They are just a bunch of kids from different teams that wanted to play fall ball. There is a lot of talent on LI !!!!

SWR Played Northport-- Sounds like disgruntled parents crying again that their kid wasn't picked for the Cuda team. Maybe it's time to go away and stay on 91's board and whine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The cudas (at least the version that played in the summer) no longer exist. From everything being posted, the express is calling there top team "orange" again next year. If I have the facts correct, one of 91 dads wanted to put his version of a dream team together because his son wasn't getting sufficient playing time with 91 and wanted him to be showcased. He took the team to the express who added a few of their own kids. Whether or not the express did the right thing by accepting the offer is another matter since it's obvious that it took several weeks to put everything together during the spring/summer tournament schedule for both 91 and the express.

Even if the express still uses the cuda name, it will be a very different team next year as far the players are concerned. If they play at this same level remains to be seen. The express was weak last year at the 2016 level and they need to upgrade before the few good players they have started leaving for greener pastures elsewhere. You can't put a team into the U-15 championship that hasn't won anything in several years. Besides, this is exactly how the express built their 2015 orange team.

Also, I wish people would leave the boys out of the posts. The cudas or express has nothing to do with them as individuals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if the Express has contacted 2016 kids who did not make the top team? And is the top team now called Orange vs the Cuda name?..Why couldnt they keep it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it was at Farmingdale than it was the Lax Pro team, very talented bunch of kids who are just playing together for the fall from what I understand

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who was the dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good team .should beat most 6th grade teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good team .should beat most 6th grade teams

They're 8th graders

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's an 8th grade team, not a 6th grade team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who was the dad

Don't know. Just putting together what I got fror various posts here. I'm sure the powers to be @ 91 are well aware of the situation and what's going on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will someone please tell SWR and Northport that they are town teams and should break up and and do strictly club teams. really, who do they think they are trying to keep their kids together?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

SWR Played Northport-- Sounds like disgruntled parents crying again that their kid wasn't picked for the Cuda team. Maybe it's time to go away and stay on 91's board and whine

Like I said they are a bunch of kids from different teams not Northport. Some are from Comsewogue, Rocky Point, Northport, Smithtown etc. . The guy that put it together is from Northport. Honestly who cares about the Cuda's. It is just one team with talented players. There are a lot of talented players on LI and talented teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trying to keep up with what has been said about the Express program. From what I've read, what they did is unprecedented. It's one thing to be a for-profit business. It's another to treat kids and families like dirt and toss them to the side when someone better comes along.

Forget this Barracudda name. From now on, let's refer to the Express as the "Poachers". More appropriate nickname, I think.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Will someone please tell SWR and Northport that they are town teams and should break up and and do strictly club teams. really, who do they think they are trying to keep their kids together?

The team that was called Northport is really Lax Pro and the directors of the league put them on the schedule as Northport Lax Pro. They are not a town team, but a team much like the Cuda's. They are kids from several different travel teams that came together to only play for the fall. Some towm teams do very well against travel teams. It is a matter of opinion which is best to do town vs. travel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The team that was called Northport is really Lax Pro and the directors of the league put them on the schedule as Northport Lax Pro. They are not a town team, but a team much like the Cuda's. They are kids from several different travel teams that came together to only play for the fall. Some towm teams do very well against travel teams. It is a matter of opinion which is best to do town vs. travel.

I totally agree with you! Some town teams are full of talent, others have only a few kids with talent. It's hard for some kids to be challenged and to grow if they stay with a town team that does not have decent coaching or competitive playing. I'm all for loyalty, but my kid and his growth and development come first in my mind and if he's going to have a better experience playing with a travel club that that's the route I'll choose

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I totally agree with you! Some town teams are full of talent, others have only a few kids with talent. It's hard for some kids to be challenged and to grow if they stay with a town team that does not have decent coaching or competitive playing. I'm all for loyalty, but my kid and his growth and development come first in my mind and if he's going to have a better experience playing with a travel club that that's the route I'll choose

Exactly !!! Whatever is best for your kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly !!! Whatever is best for your kid.

FINALLY!!! Some people who seem to care more about their kids than about the "Cuda's"!! Let the kids play, let them learn, let them have FUN! Soon enough they will have to learn about the politics and BS of the grown up world!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The three starting attack players were from Northport, Gardencity and Comsewogue.Or the Express,The Raiders and Team Long Island.But all the boys are very good players from a lot of different Teams to play Fall ball on a Team called Lax Pro.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
like i said the should beat most 6th grade teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of talent on Long Island? Completely agree! But I am fascinated by the whole club team thinking. It seems to me with more than one post about how good Long Island lacrosse is that teams like Comsewogue, Rocky Point, SWR, Smithtown, Three Villages, GC, etc would want to go the club route. Is the coaching so poor in these places that your kid needs to go to the club teams? In my experience it seems the club teams are more concerned about winning tournaments and having a large photo album on website then they are about coaching. If you are able to assemble really good kids, chances are you will do well. You could make the case that the coaching is better at the town team level as they do not have as much talent and the coach is able to find a way to be competitive and have fun with what he has. Anyway, this was the way back in the 70's, 80's (as I date myself) and this way did not hurt any recruitment of players. With technology today if your kid is good enough he will be found. The HS coach believe it or not is still the go to person when a school needs to know about a player

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you obviously have a problem with this team...why? They are not playing 6th graders, they are playing other 8th grade teams. They are a talented group of boys. Maybe you're pissed off because you're kid wasn't asked to play with them???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of talent on Long Island? Completely agree! But I am fascinated by the whole club team thinking. It seems to me with more than one post about how good Long Island lacrosse is that teams like Comsewogue, Rocky Point, SWR, Smithtown, Three Villages, GC, etc would want to go the club route. Is the coaching so poor in these places that your kid needs to go to the club teams? In my experience it seems the club teams are more concerned about winning tournaments and having a large photo album on website then they are about coaching. If you are able to assemble really good kids, chances are you will do well. You could make the case that the coaching is better at the town team level as they do not have as much talent and the coach is able to find a way to be competitive and have fun with what he has. Anyway, this was the way back in the 70's, 80's (as I date myself) and this way did not hurt any recruitment of players. With technology today if your kid is good enough he will be found. The HS coach believe it or not is still the go to person when a school needs to know about a player

Completely agree that with today's technology a kid will be found if he's good enough. In my opinion there is much more competitiveness when playing with a club team, plus a lot of the school teams do not travel so the kids end up playing the same teams over and over again. Besides, every single one of the kids also plays for their school on their junior high and high school teams. So the high school coach is still going to know about the kids and their talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with what you are saying except that there are negatives to playing for your town only, the biggest draw back is that in most cases you do not get unbiased volunteers or paid unbiased coaches, you get fathers and those fathers either have agendas or subconsciously worry about there own kid first and the rest of the kids second, travel is a lot of money but at least you get the feeling that everybody paid the same and the coaches have no agendas (hopefully) and if you are not happy you can move on to another travel team it is not so easy when the town coach/parent and your kid play the same position, ect. $1,500 for the summer seems a lot cheaper then moving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is ready to paly

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Unfortunately some of the towns do not have a large pool of kids to choose from to form a town travel team. The other issues are commiting to travel or the expense of traveling. I have spoken to many parents and they can not or will not travel for these reasons as well as they have other children to think about. I only have one son so I try to do everything that he wants to do as long as nothing conflicts. My son played for the 7th/8th grade town team and the JV town team that played in local summer leagues. He also played on a travel team. He is now playing in the fall league with Lax Pro. I can see the difference in his game from playing with other kids as well as from learning from different coaches.
I honestly believe that he had the most competition playing on the travel team and now Lax Pro. He also will have great memories traveling and playing with the travel team as well as creating new friendships. I guess the bottom line is you have to do what is good for your kid and what he wants to do. At this age they can make smart choices.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three best attack i have seen on the field .Must better than any of the jesters

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

What's the matter your kid didn't make any team ??????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's the matter your kid didn't make any team ??????

Obviously he didn't make any team (the bitterness is very apparent) ...but it doesn't matter... it all gets proved on THE FIELD not on the discussion board! The stupid part is that it's the parents that make such a big deal about who their kids play with... if you ask the kids, they'll just tell you that they want to PLAY

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 144 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard