BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Boys' U15 National Championship Tournament - July 26th-28th, 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They beat Jesters 15 to 3,

Good ride for the Cudas but Turtles might have given 3D a better game. Last year's Express Orange proven better than current vintage of all Express teams at U15 tourney.

On what basis? Ask the FCA team if they would rather play the Cudas or the Turtles.

As the parent of an FCA player and for anyone who witnessed the beat down the talent-laden Cudas team put on FCA it's clear as day who we would prefer to play. Turtles put up a good fight but Cudas are in a whole different league. Curious to know if the Cudas and Turtles have ever played each other.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's ridiculous is that holding kids back and repeating grades seems to be accepted in these self-proclaimed "hot beds". It's ridiculous that kids from other areas have to come in and play against kids a year older in some tournaments. That's the joke. The grade they're in is irrelevant- but a year's maturity at this age is huge. You all know it or you wouldn't hold you kids back. This isn't a parent who's bitter about getting blown out. My son played on the 3d team this last weekend in FL , the 3d team who recently won fl$, the WCS team that won the Crabfeast in '12 and recently won the NSCLA in PA. I'm just so sick of reading these posts where some of the parents put down and try to devalue what kids on other teams have accomplished. Most of the parents I've met from back east have been great but there is a group who puts too much stock in their kids lacrosse career. I'm not sure what values you instill in kids by having them repeat a grade so they can can have the leg up on younger opponents. The window of time that these kids have to play lacrosse is so small. Athletics is a great way to teach young people about character and discipline, how to win and lose with grace. Some of you out there need to reread your posts and ask yourself how you'd feel if you son read what you had to say...

The founder of 3d is one of the biggest proponent of holding kids back. He routinely gives recruiting seminars focusing almost completely on this topic. Furthermore his own son who is now a 2017 wasn't age eligible to play on your 3d team this year.

Not sure if that is true but he did play U15 this year, do you have anything showing his DOB? 16 in 8th grade is kinda old...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's ridiculous is that holding kids back and repeating grades seems to be accepted in these self-proclaimed "hot beds". It's ridiculous that kids from other areas have to come in and play against kids a year older in some tournaments. That's the joke. The grade they're in is irrelevant- but a year's maturity at this age is huge. You all know it or you wouldn't hold you kids back. This isn't a parent who's bitter about getting blown out. My son played on the 3d team this last weekend in FL , the 3d team who recently won fl$, the WCS team that won the Crabfeast in '12 and recently won the NSCLA in PA. I'm just so sick of reading these posts where some of the parents put down and try to devalue what kids on other teams have accomplished. Most of the parents I've met from back east have been great but there is a group who puts too much stock in their kids lacrosse career. I'm not sure what values you instill in kids by having them repeat a grade so they can can have the leg up on younger opponents. The window of time that these kids have to play lacrosse is so small. Athletics is a great way to teach young people about character and discipline, how to win and lose with grace. Some of you out there need to reread your posts and ask yourself how you'd feel if you son read what you had to say...

The founder of 3d is one of the biggest proponent of holding kids back. He routinely gives recruiting seminars focusing almost completely on this topic. Furthermore his own son who is now a 2017 wasn't age eligible to play on your 3d team this year.

I have sat in one of those seminars and he definitely doesn't discourage anyone from holding a kid back. I think it is weak to hold your kid back and then promote him as the top 2017. Whatever floats your boat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure if that is true but he did play U15 this year, do you have anything showing his DOB? 16 in 8th grade is kinda old...

Munro's son played 2016 3d this summer. I don't know how old he is, but saw the All Star game at the fl$ tournament and he was definitely playing as a 2016. I wouldn't have any way of knowing why he wasn't at the Fl tournament since most of that team seemed to be age eligible 2016's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good ride for the Cudas but Turtles might have given 3D a better game. Last year's Express Orange proven better than current vintage of all Express teams at U15 tourney.

On what basis? Ask the FCA team if they would rather play the Cudas or the Turtles.

As the parent of an FCA player and for anyone who witnessed the beat down the talent-laden Cudas team put on FCA it's clear as day who we would prefer to play. Turtles put up a good fight but Cudas are in a whole different league. Curious to know if the Cudas and Turtles have ever played each other.

Yes the cusas and turtles have played twice the cudas won both last year in a tournament both teams were in the championship turtles coach did not want to play they called it cochampions

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes the cusas and turtles have played twice the cudas won both last year in a tournament both teams were in the championship turtles coach did not want to play they called it cochampions

New year, new outcome (probably). Turtles have improved leaps and bounds from constantly playing up while Cudas have probably stagnated because they never really play up. When was the last time Cudas played in a varsity bracket? If they had played up more maybe they would have won U-15.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Routinely?? Interesting- I haven't been to those seminars and I haven't heard him discuss this... His son was in Canada playing box I believe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I intended to "reply" to an prior post. My point was concerning the championship. the Baracudas lost the faceoffs I think 18-4. Very few teams will win giving their opponent that many more possessions. And yes I'm aware that you need mor goal to wina game...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Routinely?? Interesting- I haven't been to those seminars and I haven't heard him discuss this... His son was in Canada playing box I believe.

He and Jake Reed hold a recruiting seminar at the 3d Blue Chip camps and Munro definitely brought up the subject of holding kids back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jamie Munroe's son was in Canada playing box. He was of age and could of played in Florida.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YIKES!!! What type of message does that send to the rest of the program..

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

He and Jake Reed hold a recruiting seminar at the 3d Blue Chip camps and Munro definitely brought up the subject of holding kids back.
Exactly what is the purpose? Whether graduating college at 21, 22, or 23 (for those following a PG year), the game afoot is still to obtain a viable and profitable career in line with your undergraduate education. Are you actually having your son attend college to become a sideline lacrosse instructor? Do you believe that the future of professional lacrosse salaries implies a better lifestyle for your son than you enjoy right now?

Eventually, parents will begin to realize that this "college career in lacrosse" only serves to benefit two groups of people. The first are the Post-Graduate institutions that are enjoying a collegiate-level tuition payment while producing at best a senior year high school academic experience. The second set of beneficiaries are the college coaches themselves who can try to one-up the competition by recruiting these older players.

Again, exactly where did the player or family benefit in this equation?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of WCS kids on FCA. I think some on 3d

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is getting off the original subject, but is a pretty interesting discussion. The payback to the family that feels that they need to have their son repeat 8th grade for athletic purposes is pretty unclear and pretty sad, especially in a sport where most of the best players earn less than $1000/game. If someone had the chance to earn ARod kind of money than at least I could see a potential economic payback for something that I think is pretty drastic.

I am sure there are people who do PG years because they think it will give them one more look. I guess that is possible and Rob Pannell is clearly the best example of guy who was lightly recruited, did a PG and we know the rest of the story.

Then there is the PG who either athletically or academically needs another year, but has commitments if they do the PG and that is a springboard into a school that otherwise they would not have been able to attend. Now that seems the smart way to go about it and is more common with the service academies and ivy league schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The message was clear... 3d won... Maybe it was a prior commitment. The team was represented very well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think so. My son played in the NSCLA and Crabfeast YG's in '12. I think teams 1-8 were good teams. I think 1-5 were very good teams. 3d, Baracudas, thnk the score wuold have been different in the FCA/LI-B's game if FCA's faceoff-guy wouldn't have gotten hurt in a prior game and had to sit out. There were about the same number of really strong teams in the NSCLA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3d best players were from Boston and LI is kinda already taken by fl$ and Express

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cudas defense gave 3d wide open shots then should of played near man which kept there scoring down and also my team mavriks won more faceoffs by letting him clamp and just wait to pull it out and we win it 65% of the time, 3D can be beaten

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles would have givin 3d a worst ride I don't know what your talking about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said...Long Island parents, here's a novel idea,
stay on LI and play with yourselves. Then we can
move past this BS about age. "Whaaa, my little
Vinny Boombots shouldn't have to compete, it's unfair.
He'll never get a scholarship". News flash, he
wouldn't anyway.

One thing is for sure, no way you'd have the guts to ever say that face to face to the father of whomever's son your referencing. Just like your snot nose offspring doesn't have the guts to compete against kids his own age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said...Long Island parents, here's a novel idea,
stay on LI and play with yourselves. Then we can
move past this BS about age. "Whaaa, my little
Vinny Boombots shouldn't have to compete, it's unfair.
He'll never get a scholarship". News flash, he
wouldn't anyway.

One thing is for sure, no way you'd have the guts to ever say that face to face to the father of whomever's son your referencing. Just like your snot nose offspring doesn't have the guts to compete against kids his own age.

Why so much quibbling, one more year and you will all be (should be) playing u17. The great 15 yaer olds are doing this already. That's when you really show how good you are. If you can play with the big boys and hold your own, you will get respect, and all the colleges will be there to see you and take notice. Playing against kids your own age when you're 15 is not proving anything. It is also the reason that some of these elite teams that think little johnny will "shake up " their varsity team next year are living in a u15 fantasy world. Good luck to you all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.....blah blah blah

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hilarious!!! You lost, accept it. Let it go and enjoy the rest of your summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what hurts was that the turtles coach was crying that the jesters were playing too rough

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what hurts was that the turtles coach was crying that the jesters were playing too rough

They crushed the 2016 Jesters who were much better than either jester 2017 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does this really surprse anyone ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does this really surprse anyone ?
Not sure what you are referring to. Does what surprise anyone? The Turtles can bang with anyone - they are getting big and strong in the weight room.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really big and strong...in the weight room ? I am not knocking the team, but it has happened often the crying by the coaches for physical play.....and yes my son has played them. Not quite sure your statement about "bang with anyone" is accurate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really big and strong...in the weight room ? I am not knocking the team, but it has happened often the crying by the coaches for physical play.....and yes my son has played them. Not quite sure your statement about "bang with anyone" is accurate

The "coaches crying" is just a standard tactic to get the refs to swing more calls their way. Many coaches "work the refs", not just the Turtles. Sometimes it works, sometimes it backfires and sometimes it has no effect. Think Jim Harbough. What's the problem? If it works, you should blame the refs, not the coaches for trying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Half the fun of playing the turtles is watching JD jump up
And down and scream the call HE wants which he almost always gets. He is a cry baby and has taught that team to do the same. My sons team is bigger than the turtles it is hard to hit smaller kids many calls hit on helmet small push with break away causes a turtle to lay on the ground waiting for call and possesion. They are very talented players no doubt. If game is close at end and they are ahead all shots on goal will go out of bounds to kill clock
I know this from one of THEIR patents. Its like teaching
kids a way to kind of cheat. When the game gets physical with 2016 teams he crys. Skills they can keep up and pass teams size and strength no way they are still little turtles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last time I watched them play their defense was big,physical and very skilled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Half the fun of playing the turtles is watching JD jump up
And down and scream the call HE wants which he almost always gets. He is a cry baby and has taught that team to do the same. My sons team is bigger than the turtles it is hard to hit smaller kids many calls hit on helmet small push with break away causes a turtle to lay on the ground waiting for call and possesion. They are very talented players no doubt. If game is close at end and they are ahead all shots on goal will go out of bounds to kill clock
I know this from one of THEIR patents. Its like teaching
kids a way to kind of cheat. When the game gets physical with 2016 teams he crys. Skills they can keep up and pass teams size and strength no way they are still little turtles.

Obsessed much? Sorry your team and kid got beat by them. Better luck next time hammer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure turtles needed any call vs the jesters. Jesters coaches had the team show up rught at game time and they got whooped.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The "coaches crying" is just a standard tactic to get the refs to swing more calls their way. Many coaches "work the refs", not just the Turtles. Sometimes it works, sometimes it backfires and sometimes it has no effect. Think Jim Harbough. What's the problem? If it works, you should blame the refs, not the coaches for trying.

Actaully, more out of the Bill Tierney school of "workin' the refs". A nightmare for any ref. It must be frustrating to watch if you are on the other side but very interesting to watch the pyrotechnics if you are neutral. Still want them to settle once and for all where they stand with the Cudas in a real game with real consequences for the loser. Next year maybe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actaully, more out of the Bill Tierney school of "workin' the refs". A nightmare for any ref. It must be frustrating to watch if you are on the other side but very interesting to watch the pyrotechnics if you are neutral. Still want them to settle once and for all where they stand with the Cudas in a real game with real consequences for the loser. Next year maybe.
good thing I saw your post. I am here to help, there is no suspense, the cudas are just better, just cling to the hope that tou can win in your own division for u 15, have a great summer and stress free next year now that this is resolved , phew

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

good thing I saw your post. I am here to help, there is no suspense, the cudas are just better, just cling to the hope that tou can win in your own division for u 15, have a great summer and stress free next year now that this is resolved , phew
Cudas couldnt repeat and are overrated. Plain and simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if that's true then pretty miserable in turtle land

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even if Cudas had won it would not have been a repeat - entirely different Express team last year that won it - not a single common player. Would like to see Cudas vs. last year's Express 2015 Orange team. That would be epic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if that's true then pretty miserable in turtle land

That pretty much sums it up. How about this...FCA 8 Turtles 6 Next day Cudas 15 FCA 5. Would love to see the Cudas spank the Turtles AGAIN!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That pretty much sums it up. How about this...FCA 8 Turtles 6 Next day Cudas 15 FCA 5. Would love to see the Cudas spank the Turtles AGAIN! [/quote]

How many kids flew down night before so Cudas can win...come on now, we know its true. Cudas 15 minutes...OVER!

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard