BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Boys 2019 Travel Club Teams in Suffolk County
KPlax35 Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
My son is going into 7th grade and he would like to play for a club travel team this year. Last year he played on our town travel team that competed in both PAL, as well as a half dozen tournaments. He is going to play for the town team again this year, but would also like to try out for a club team. He is an average to slightly better than average player, so we are looking for a program where he will have a chance of making the team and also will get an opportunity to play.

I know my son does not have the skills yet to play for clubs like Team 91 and Express, but I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a solid club team with a good reputation in Suffolk County (preferably on the North Shore). Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2019 Travel Club Teams in Suffolk County
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by KPlax35
My son is going into 7th grade and he would like to play for a club travel team this year. Last year he played on our town travel team that competed in both PAL, as well as a half dozen tournaments. He is going to play for the town team again this year, but would also like to try out for a club team. He is an average to slightly better than average player, so we are looking for a program where he will have a chance of making the team and also will get an opportunity to play.

I know my son does not have the skills yet to play for clubs like Team 91 and Express, but I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a solid club team with a good reputation in Suffolk County (preferably on the North Shore). Thanks!

Legacy is a new club. Riptide is also a decent club that is based in Islip. There are many good clubs on the island, you just have to find the one that works for your child. True Blue is based in West Islip (I think) HDD is also a Suffolk based team I believe.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Removed Tryout References
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Legacy is a new club. Riptide is also a decent club that is based in Islip. There are many good clubs on the island, you just have to find the one that works for your child. True Blue is based in West Islip (I think) HDD is also a Suffolk based team I believe.

Legacy is based in East Islip, with only 2021 team now, but adding other grades, depending on response/tryouts.

Riptide is Islip, as mentioned above.

Havoc Dune Dawgs (HDD) is Dowling based, but I think they practice in a few different Suffolk locations.

True Blue is from the Merrick area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy is based in East Islip, with only 2021 team now, but adding other grades, depending on response/tryouts.

Havoc Dune Dawgs (HDD) is Dowling based, but I think they practice in a few different Suffolk locations.

A lot of the programs listed on the right will have B,C teams where your son might fit.. Call some clubs, go to tryouts, depending on open positions you might find a fit..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Millon sounds like a good fit for your son, not sure where they are based out of. Havoc Dune Dawgs have many options.

My only advice is do not get caught up in the A B C thing. It is the coaching that will get your son better. As well, if he has a friend or two that always helps.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of the programs listed on the right will have B,C teams where your son might fit.. Call some clubs, go to tryouts, depending on open positions you might find a fit..

HDD has an A, B, and C team for 2019, all with quality coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Millon sounds like a good fit for your son, not sure where they are based out of. Havoc Dune Dawgs have many options.

My only advice is do not get caught up in the A B C thing. It is the coaching that will get your son better. As well, if he has a friend or two that always helps.

Yes, don't get caught up in A B C.. Most of the teams will play B division anyway, but there are a few B's that can compete at A level already. In most cases it just means there was enough talent at tryouts to have multiple teams, once your on a team at some of these organizations, you will continue as a team and progress to hopefully competing at the A level down the road. Coaching/good experiences is what you are looking for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think Millon practices in Farmingdale.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HDD has an A, B, and C team for 2019, all with quality coaches

With Express and 91 remember that while he might not be an A in their programs he very well may fit nicely into one of their other teams at this grade level as there are often 3 or 4 team in these clubs per grade so don't assume he would not make one of their teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was not aware that Express and 91 had multiple teams per grade. I'll look into that. Thanks everyone for all of the information!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was not aware that Express and 91 had multiple teams per grade. I'll look into that. Thanks everyone for all of the information!

If you located in eastern LI, Team LI offers a great program with both a7b teams. They are half the price of many of the others and the teams win many championships. They practice at Mt. Sinai HS. The try-out are coming up at the end of August.

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard