BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 79 of 97 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Bocklet and Daniello have 2 different philosophies. Biggest issue for Bocklet is the lack of players in the school district. He has almost no players to work with. JJ does not have 1 D1 commit on their roster. cant imagine this program can win many games

This is partially true. While NOW there are not the boys in the school district its not bc the families are not here. As has been mentioned before approximately 10 boys (2022 and 2023 class) including many d1 and d3 commits have LEFT John Jay and much of it was attributed to coaching and lack of contact with the youth. About 10 boys left to go to private (Hotchkiss, Kent, Avon, Berkshire, Salisbury and a cpl of others) and other public schools (Ridgefield). With these 10 or so boys JJ would be winning or state finalists for a 4 year period. This happened bc these boys wanted to play the best HS lacrosse they could and under Schurr that was not possible. I think if Bocklett can connect with the youth and prevent them from quitting or leaving the team JJ can come back. It should be noted that with al of the talent that Schurr had he never won a a state title and he should have. He also should have beaten Yorkltown more. He is an average coach at best who for years was living off of the talent of the area without winning the big one. The year they got destroyed by GC in the playoffs I think they had something like 16 kids committed to d1-d3. No excuse not to win. Bocklett could be a great hire and exactly what john jay needs. Too bad he cant work with the 10 or so boys that left otherwise JJ would be state finalists this year and next.

All of your points have been well documented in this forum already. We get it, you're not happy with Tim and now it's on Bocklet.

I am surprised so many kids would leave their public school system just to get a better high school lax experience. At this point, I guess nothing in lacrosse shocks me including the ends I seem to go to.....

For many who have played their entire life and spent weekends at tourneys and weekdays on the field and in the weight room its more than just a means to an end. We all agree lacrosse is not going to EVER pay professionals like the other sports and as a result, most (if not all) should be using lacrosse as a springboard for a better college. However, we all know players that are going to syracuse, maryland, ohio state, denver over better educations at Lafayette, Bucknell, colgate, holy cross etc . . For most of these boys its temporarily about lacrosse. Most here would be hard pressed to say the big schools mentioned are better academically then the patriot league schools mentioned but many kids pick the better lacrosse bc that's what they want. (yes I am leaving ivy league, duke and Virginia out of the conversation). If you spend the majority of your waking hours thinking about a passion and playing at a high level it doesn't surprise me at all. Its the same for the arts and other sports as well.

I guess I need to start making more money!! The cost of private schools on top of the cost of living in a solid school district is just too much for me to entertain.

Don't we all :-) but if your son is good enough and the school wants him bad enough they make it work.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened at Bronxville HS with the Girls coaching staff?

Brnxv was blessed with a huge coaching staff and often made it to the state semi's and/or finals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
frown

Last edited by JimSection1; . Reason: spam link
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on with 91 Tristate ? Why are they looking for so many players on 2024 ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened at Bronxville HS with the Girls coaching staff?

Brnxv was blessed with a huge coaching staff and often made it to the state semi's and/or finals.

Left for Sacred Heart

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Decent showing by the local teams at “World Series” qualifier. 2way and Eclipse top their brackets at 3-0. Express North 2-1 and Primetime with the tough schedule at 1-2….and oh yes, Preds ripping people off and doing what they do, looking and playing like they dont below. 0-3 for them which is about right. 91 will win this again but great to see our good local teams holding down the top spots in several brackets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse was the best team at the WS qualifier and won it. Real talented and could win it all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am so tired of hearing how TS is "all class" etc. None of the kids wanted to play for him. They need to be careful what they wish for as he will soon destroy their program. 1980s coaching doesn't work anymore. This artice written says it all. Although he only took one assistant but he has no class and is a terrible coach. Doesnt care about the kids.

A Fresh Start For Boys Lacrosse
Spencer Hadlock, Contributor|February 16, 2022

The John Jay Lacrosse team was led by the same four coaches over the last 10 years leading a dominant Hudson Valley lacrosse program. However, in 2021, the team had one of their worst seasons in recent memory finishing at a dismal 5-12. As a result, long time head coach Tim Schurr and his 3 assistants abandoned the team and agreed to coach Yorktown, John Jay’s longtime rival.
The seniors were left with a lack of closure as Schurr never addressed the team. The boys found out through a lohud twitter post and were left in the dark. John Jay junior Evan Weissleder said, “ He left so quickly, we had been practicing with him 3 days before and he said nothing.” However, strong leadership from upperclassman Andrew Minard, Finn O’Callaghan, and Nick Savastano kept the team motivated and working to have a strong 2022 season.

In December great news was given to the team, after a selective process of looking for a new coaching staff, former John Jay Student, Mike Bocklet was hired to lead the team. He was a former member of a strong lacrosse program that led to the state tournament year after year. Following his high school career he played in the MLL, the most watched professional lacrosse league.

The hope is that his experience and leadership can lead this year’s team back to their former glory and golden days. The work has just started and the team is getting fired up to prove their doubters wrong.

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: No full names for negative posts
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Y-Town is back….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well the HS season started last week and LOHUD posted their rankings and I’m most surprised with Y being #4.
The power shift from the northern West. programs to southern West. is not surprising, as the sport is dominated by the affluent communities.

An early season, big match-up with #2 (Mamo) and #3 (B’clff), with B’clff winning at home, by 1G. With last year’s season, I’m thinking that Mamo will always be in the mix, but never achieves the ultimate title by the end of the season.

How about Scar (#8) just getting by Hen Hud in a 3-2 OT game???? Scar maybe thinking they are the same team from last year. Obviously not.

P’ville walked all over Greeley (14-5), watch out for P’ville. They have a good coach (CK), who has a proven history of winning from his days at JJCR (hmm).

JJCR starts off with a W, while on the road against Pelham in a 10-9 game. Hope Coach MB has a longer career than the JJCR former coaches CK, NS and TS (hmm).

Today’s marquee match-ups are:
Bxvlle v Iona; I’m going with Iona by 4.
JJCR v Manhasset; Manhasset was 15-1 last year, I expect a beatdown by M. Good luck JJCR.

Other games:
Suffern should win,
P’ville wins big, again
Mpac Wins

Let’s go!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well the HS season started last week and LOHUD posted their rankings and I’m most surprised with Y being #4.
The power shift from the northern West. programs to southern West. is not surprising, as the sport is dominated by the affluent communities.

Let’s go!

Yup! Let's get some Section 1 HS Lax chatter going! LOVE that top teams are playing tough schedules in Section and out. Loads of great matchups every week.

Class A has Mamo as clear #1 until playoffs when teams like Mahopac play tougher and Mamo gets tighter
Class B has to be Rye again but it's not like Y is gonna disappear
Class C seems like Pelham's to lose but who knows
Class D is smallest but best somehow--the best team (Bcliff) + a top 5 team (Bville) and respectable Pville

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JJCR v Manhasset; Manhasset was 15-1 last year, I expect a beatdown by M. Good luck JJCR.

Other games:
Suffern should win,
P’ville wins big, again
Mpac Wins

Let’s go!

4-1 in yesterday's games.

I'm surprised that Iona didn't dominate and happy for B'ville.

P'ville, plays like a Class B program, among the D schools.

How about the B'ville, P'ville and B'cliff all play like big schools!

M'pac; Easy win.

JJCR: Nice to see that you are challenging yourself w/ LI teams.

Suffern: As expected.

Today's games are unremarkable, but here it goes:

Pelham, over NR
WP over Eastchester
Bwstr over NS,
Crtn over O.
TZ over PR

Saturday's marquee games:

Masspqa over Scar, by 5.
NC over mamao,
B'ville over Stap

Rye over B'cliff by 3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Other games:
Suffern should win,
P’ville wins big, again
Mpac Wins

Let’s go!

I'm surprised that Iona didn't dominate and happy for B'ville.

P'ville, plays like a Class B program, among the D schools.

How about the B'ville, P'ville and B'cliff all play like big schools!

M'pac; Easy win.

JJCR: Nice to see that you are challenging yourself w/ LI teams.

Suffern: As expected.

Pelham, over NR
WP over Eastchester
Bwstr over NS,
Crtn over O.
TZ over PR

Masspqa over Scar, by 5.
NC over mamao,
B'ville over Stap

Rye over B'cliff by 3.
Flip the FCIAC/Section 1 scores. NC is down this year; Mamaroneck should take them. This may be Staples strongest team ever and I'd be very surprised if they lose to Bronxville.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bronxville looked pretty good yesterday vs Iona, they won in 2nd OT... Bronxville defense, especially their goalie definitely knocked Iona off their game. Iona's offense looked disorganized then started to get desperate, shooting low percentage shots from long range while their defense seemed to get frustrated and committed some notIntelligent penalties later in the game. Bxville's defense didn't look great but it seemed like their offense kept the ball in the Iona zone for most of the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Pelham, over NR
WP over Eastchester
Bwstr over NS,
Crtn over O.
TZ over PR

Masspqa over Scar, by 5.
NC over mamao,
B'ville over Stap

Rye over B'cliff by 3.

So Friday's games went as expected 4-0*.
*: the Croton v O game was postponed.

Saturday's results: 2-2, 10-3 overall.

Scar got slapped around by Masspqa.

New Canaan toyed with Mamo

Staples (Westport, CT) HS embarrassed B'ville.

B'cliff becomes the new king of Sect. 1.

in regard to B'cliff, enjoy the moment. They do have 4 upcoming non-region games on 4/9, 4/20, 4/23 and 5/11. Anybody know the non-region schools?
The rest of their schedule isn't a cake walk with P'ville (4/29), Y (5/5) and Bx'ville (5/9). But, it sure looks like their schedule is preparing them to make a run for the state title.

Two other Saturday games surprised me;
Byrm Hll over M-pac, by 1.

P'ville of HH, which I thought HH was going to going to challenge them a little more.

Looking forward to this weeks games,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tuesday's games and predictions:

Byram Hills at O: BH wins easily

Lakeland/Panas at Carmel: L/P should win convincingly

Yorktown at Mahopac: I want Y, but going with M.

Rye at Scarsdale: Rye should win by 6

Harrison at White Plains: WP

John Jay at Arlington: Arlington wins a close one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Arlington over JJ questionable, definitely more talent for JJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on the Rye player taken to the hospital by that DIRTY hit from the Briarcliff player? Did the Briarcliff player get suspended beyond the 1 game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on the Rye player taken to the hospital by that DIRTY hit from the Briarcliff player? Did the Briarcliff player get suspended beyond the 1 game?

Suspensions are typically handed down by BOCES after the lead game official completes the ejection form.

BOCES then notifies the AD, who in turn enforces the suspension.

Coaches are allowed to enforce their own penalty time on their players too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Arlington over JJ questionable, definitely more talent for JJ.

I never mentioned anything about talent. I prediction was more based upon HHH.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suspensions are typically handed down by BOCES after the lead game official completes the ejection form.

BOCES then notifies the AD, who in turn enforces the suspension.

Coaches are allowed to enforce their own penalty time on their players too.

Totally understand the Boces responsibility, was just wondering if they handed down a harsher penalty for such an egregious hit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tuesday's games and predictions:

Byram Hills at O: BH wins easily

Lakeland/Panas at Carmel: L/P should win convincingly

Yorktown at Mahopac: I want Y, but going with M.

Rye at Scarsdale: Rye should win by 6

Harrison at White Plains: WP

John Jay at Arlington: Arlington wins a close one

5-1 yesterday, 15-4 overall.

tomorrow's game schedule is huge with ONE marquee game: Y at Mamo (7PM). It should be a huge crowd and a great atmosphere. I'm going with mamo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thursday’s games, 11 predictions.

Greeley at Lakeland/Panas: LP wins

Lourdes at Mahopac: M-pac wins

Pleasantville at Dobbs Ferry P’ville wins

Pawling at Rye Neck: RN b/c HHH.

Scarsdale at Pelham: Scars wins

Brewster at John Jay: JJ wins

North Salem at Blind Brook: Wow, never knew BB had a program. Isn’t BB mostly Port Chester? Toss up game.

Byram Hills at Stepinac: BHs Wins

White Plains at Rye: Rye wins a close game.

Hen Hud at Wappingers: Wapp wins

Irvington at Bronxville: Bxville wins

Croton at Ossining: CH wins

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the Rye parent commenting about the "unacceptable" hit, the attackman went for a cheapshot on the goalie and the defender had his back. Anything more than a 1 game suspension would be ridiculous. Nothing wrong with protecting your goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I predict Stepinac beats Byram Hills because of depth, and Rye should beat WP convincingly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stepinac played pretty tough yesterday vs Bronxville, the game was a lot closer than the score would indicate... They got behind early and were down by 6 yet closed to 2 in the 4th quarter before Bronxville scored some late goals. Bronxville goalie was the difference again. Iona @ Chaminade today, I didn't see that one on the game schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately looks like bad weather for that Mamo/Ytown game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the Rye parent commenting about the "unacceptable" hit, the attackman went for a cheapshot on the goalie and the defender had his back. Anything more than a 1 game suspension would be ridiculous. Nothing wrong with protecting your goalie.

Not a Rye parent. But if the Rye player needed EMS and was brought to the ER from the field, heck yes, a suspension is in order.

It's up to the officials if a suspension is warranted. B'cliff already took care of CH, so a 1 game suspension is a moot point already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, Lohud reported that Greeley's varsity Head Coach was immediately let go, with Board of Ed approval, after Tuesday's overtime win (13-12) against Put Valley.

Can you imagine if Greeley lost the game (LOL),

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the game was physical, and some jawing back and fourth between players. Feel bad for Brian, he’s a great guy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brian is a great guy, I knew him from his House of Sports days... I wonder what happened because it seems that there was a discipline issue that got him fired.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thursday’s games, 11 predictions.

Greeley at Lakeland/Panas: LP wins

Lourdes at Mahopac: M-pac wins

Pleasantville at Dobbs Ferry P’ville wins

Pawling at Rye Neck: RN b/c HHH.

Scarsdale at Pelham: Scars wins

Brewster at John Jay: JJ wins

North Salem at Blind Brook: Wow, never knew BB had a program. Isn’t BB mostly Port Chester? Toss up game.

Byram Hills at Stepinac: BHs Wins

White Plains at Rye: Rye wins a close game.

Hen Hud at Wappingers: Wapp wins

Irvington at Bronxville: Bxville wins

Croton at Ossining: CH wins

8-0 in games played today. Overall 23-4.

Tomorrow's marquee game: John Jay at Mahopac. Going with Mpac.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mamaroneck easily takes to Town for its first ever win against them. The tides have changed for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While only 2 game examples, surprising how strong CT teams look against Westchester teams. New Canaan (which was thought to be in a down year) and Staples dominating Mamaroneck and Bronxville. And Mamaroneck and Bronxville have been very strong this season so far vs other Westchester teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While only 2 game examples, surprising how strong CT teams look against Westchester teams. New Canaan (which was thought to be in a down year) and Staples dominating Mamaroneck and Bronxville. And Mamaroneck and Bronxville have been very strong this season so far vs other Westchester teams.
It's a particularly strong year for CT schools. Staples is legit; watched them scrimmage St. Anthony's and they played them almost to a draw -- I think they're a top 25 team nationally (and potentially only the third or fourth best team in the state).

The New Canaan blowout over Mamaroneck is kind of shocking to me. I still think Mamo is a good team, and New Canaan is probably the 6th best team in the FCIAC (they just got beaten by Fairfield Ludlowe).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a particularly strong year for CT schools. Staples is legit; watched them scrimmage St. Anthony's and they played them almost to a draw -- I think they're a top 25 team nationally (and potentially only the third or fourth best team in the state).

The New Canaan blowout over Mamaroneck is kind of shocking to me. I still think Mamo is a good team, and New Canaan is probably the 6th best team in the FCIAC (they just got beaten by Fairfield Ludlowe).

I agree with both statements.

I believe the CONNY youth league is light years ahead of HV's youth league.

Also, I admit, several HV programs are active members of CONNY and those that I'm referring to our most likely the top Section 1 teams.
Unfortunately, after youth level concludes, those elite section 1 teams now face, on a regular basis, a lower level of competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mamaroneck easily takes to Town for its first ever win against them. The tides have changed for sure.

Thanks Captain Obv. Please note, it's your "first time" in light of participating in Section 1 lacrosse since 1970s?

The tide truly changes in May/June, when championships are determined.

Let's not forget, Y set the bar a long time ago. Mamo has only now risen to the bar's level.

Also, I bet no one will disagree that it is the affluent communities (Larchmont/Mamo, Rye, B'ville and B'cliff) that definitely have the resources that others do not.
I always take note to the players travel bags on the HS sidelines and it's obvious those players have better training.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1-1 yesterday, with the make-up of the P'ville /Dobbs game.
24-5 overall.

Sleepy Hollow at Haldane: SH

Westlake at Byram Hills: BH

Carmel at Irvington: Crml

Edgemont at Dobbs Ferry: Edgmnt

Harrison at Greeley: Greeley

Tappan Zee at Hen Hud: TZ

Briarcliff at St. Anthony's,: B'cliff

Yorktown at Somers: Y!

Hastings at New Rochelle: Hsgts

Bronxville vs. Fordham: Bxville

Ridgefield at Rye: Rdgfd.

Greenwich (Conn.) at Mamaroneck: G'wich

Putnam Valley at Brewster: Brwstr

Pleasantville at Pelham; Pville

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24-5 overall.

Bold pick B’cliff over #3 IL ranked team. If they take them down certainly would hope B’Cliff would break in to the national rankings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24-5 overall.

Bold pick B’cliff over #3 IL ranked team. If they take them down certainly would hope B’Cliff would break in to the national rankings.

Just taking a chance and hoping for a miracle.

Like Reply Quote
Page 79 of 97 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard