BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: High School Boys Lacrosse - New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
lawrenceville not looking so hot their first few games. they wanna play with the big boys, got knocked down QUICK!
Overrated. Bosco would beat them.

Maybe NJSIAA should just let them in

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SHP 10 Mountain Lakes 3

SHP will be tough...ML is good just much smaller pool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any good Day 1 matchups today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
chatham/delby
caldwell/westessex
bergen catholic/christian bros
northern highlands/ramapo
bosco/ridgewood
st.joes montvale/lakes
rumson/lenape
pingry/montgomery

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't speak to all of those games, but I'll tell you that Rumson and Pingry win each of those games by 10+ goals. Won't be competitive.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bosco goes down to Ridgewood 7-6.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ridgewood, nice win

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello? Anyone home? What happened on here lately?

Anyway, SHP dominated chatham I see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello? Anyone home? What happened on here lately?

Anyway, SHP dominated chatham I see.

Its been quite recently. Early in the season. Lots of new names. Only a handful of relevant games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summit SHP tomorrow afternoon

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any read on how many took advantage of the Covid rule and reclassified back to their public schools? Bernard’s has one. Any other notable ones?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any read on how many took advantage of the Covid rule and reclassified back to their public schools? Bernard’s has one. Any other notable ones?

I don't know of any others....the goalie from Rumson but he went post hs grad.....mostly college kids and I think it will lower the total amount of kids on college teams come the start of college for 2024...right now there are just to many kids on college lax rosters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huge win for summit. 8-3 final.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call me crazy…. SHP is absolutely stacked in terms of talent, but coaching could become an issue.

We will see …

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call me crazy…. SHP is absolutely stacked in terms of talent, but coaching could become an issue.

We will see …

I watched the whole game. SHP had no answer for Summit’s zone. The SHP attack was very quiet which was a surprise. Summit face off game was great, probably 75% or better. Great game overall and close until the 4th quarter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summit beat SHP 8-3. Pretty dominating win, shut down zone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We will see …

I watched the whole game. SHP had no answer for Summit’s zone. The SHP attack was very quiet which was a surprise. Summit face off game was great, probably 75% or better. Great game overall and close until the 4th quarter.

I was expecting more from the UNC attack commit on SHP.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For a very stacked SHP team, yes coaching is certainly called in to question. On to westfield for them, which could very well be another loss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We will see …

Can't be a BBL kid at SHP.. The coach doesn't let him score

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We will see …

Come on man. That’s a lame excuse. The kid has the green light to go I’m sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a great kid and a great player and will do just fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We will see …

First of all SHP has great coaching so let not go there. Summit had a superior time of possession and won most of the face offs. I really believe SHP has less talent on offense this year than in years past. I think they are just realizing that now. Likewise, they are still really good, probably still in the top 5, but its a rarity for a sophomore to be playing a quality minutes there on offense. Lastly, I think at the high school level a lot teams struggle with really good zone defense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We will see …

Please keep Club Lacrosse out of this forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We will see …

First of all SHP has great coaching so let not go there. Summit had a superior time of possession and won most of the face offs. I really believe SHP has less talent on offense this year than in years past. I think they are just realizing that now. Likewise, they are still really good, probably still in the top 5, but its a rarity for a sophomore to be playing a quality minutes there on offense. Lastly, I think at the high school level a lot teams struggle with really good zone defense.

do they? i've heard things that seem to beg to differ. they have TONS of d1 talent and can't even get to a non-public final. can't beat delby in the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the whole game. SHP had no answer for Summit’s zone. The SHP attack was very quiet which was a surprise. Summit face off game was great, probably 75% or better. Great game overall and close until the 4th quarter.[/quote]

I was expecting more from the UNC attack commit on SHP.[/quote]

First of all SHP has great coaching so let not go there. Summit had a superior time of possession and won most of the face offs. I really believe SHP has less talent on offense this year than in years past. I think they are just realizing that now. Likewise, they are still really good, probably still in the top 5, but its a rarity for a sophomore to be playing a quality minutes there on offense. Lastly, I think at the high school level a lot teams struggle with really good zone defense.[/quote]

do they? i've heard things that seem to beg to differ. they have TONS of d1 talent and can't even get to a non-public final. can't beat delby in the playoffs.[/quote]

Considering all of the talent on the team, the fact that they have struggled with the zone is pretty surprising, that is how RFH kept the game tight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SHP need shooters and guys to move off ball to unlock their offense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SHP need shooters and guys to move off ball to unlock their offense

This is to the TONS of talent post...they have a Sophomore playing attack which is very rare for them.....I think they have less talent than they have had in the past...the UNC kid is probably their "super player"....as a whole they are still good and will be top 5 which is still huge!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SHP coaching is not even close to “great”. That comment alone shows you have no idea what you are talking about and should just not chime in anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#2 Summit falls to Delby

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summit lost to Delbarton. Problem was they started reading their own press and forgot to play offense. I think they won exactly ONE faceoff!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Summit/Delby played a soccer game today. Bring the shot clock to NJ lax! What a boring brand of lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shut down zone only works if you can score goals on the other end. Pretty amazing that they held SHP and Delbarton to a combined 7 goals tho.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Summit/Delby played a soccer game today. Bring the shot clock to NJ lax! What a boring brand of lacrosse.
Agree with this but I don't see NJSIAA ever implementing it. One option is to give clear guidelines to the refs to call stalling sooner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have zero affiliation to Summit. Have heard about their defense for years and just watched them play versus both SHP and Delbarton in the last week and I really enjoyed it. If you appreciate strategy and lacrosse in general watching Summit play is extremely impressive and not boring at all in my opinion. They are discipline, so well coached, and the kids are tough, smart, skilled. They do not have the depth of most of the privates but still remain one of the top teams every year.

Watching them execute game plan/strategy with minimal mistakes is really fun to watch and should be appreciated in my opinion. Their #1 to #3 guys are as good or better than most kids in the state and the supporting players are very good as well but they just do not have the overall depth which makes it even more impressive of their results.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have zero affiliation to Summit. Have heard about their defense for years and just watched them play versus both SHP and Delbarton in the last week and I really enjoyed it. If you appreciate strategy and lacrosse in general watching Summit play is extremely impressive and not boring at all in my opinion. They are discipline, so well coached, and the kids are tough, smart, skilled. They do not have the depth of most of the privates but still remain one of the top teams every year.

Watching them execute game plan/strategy with minimal mistakes is really fun to watch and should be appreciated in my opinion. Their #1 to #3 guys are as good or better than most kids in the state and the supporting players are very good as well but they just do not have the overall depth which makes it even more impressive of their results.

Yeah right...you just attend two games then break down the team like a coach would. Read your post again....your somehow affiliated...either a coach, parent or some kind of connection.

And by the way....they are a good team...still top 5 in the state just like SHP, DB and Delby...there is a lot of talent in this state and teams will win and lose to each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah right...you just attend two games then break down the team like a coach would. Read your post again....your somehow affiliated...either a coach, parent or some kind of connection.

And by the way....they are a good team...still top 5 in the state just like SHP, DB and Delby...there is a lot of talent in this state and teams will win and lose to each other.

0.0 Affiliation. For real. Also thanks for compliment as I am only a novice lacrosse fan. I realize I may have sounded a bit over the top so I so apologize and agree with your last sentence. Really just enjoy watching most of all and like to shine the positive light rather than being so critical.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

0.0 Affiliation. For real. Also thanks for compliment as I am only a novice lacrosse fan. I realize I may have sounded a bit over the top so I so apologize and agree with your last sentence. Really just enjoy watching most of all and like to shine the positive light rather than being so critical.

Summit defense is elite but offense is overly patient and hard to watch. You need to score 10 goals or more to beat great teams. I once saw them win a game 3-1. It stifles individual creativity That is primary reason that you almost never see a big time D1 offensive player from Summit HS. I think the last Summit HS player to make noise in the offensive end in D1 was Johnny Sciossa at ND. Please correct me if I’m missing anyone other than Goalies, poles, or fogos.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summit O is boring and Summit D sitting in a zone is just as boring. I personally think that the style of play does kids a disservice at the next level. To someone else's point, it could be a reason that summit never has prolific offensive players in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summit O is boring and Summit D sitting in a zone is just as boring. I personally think that the style of play does kids a disservice at the next level. To someone else's point, it could be a reason that summit never has prolific offensive players in college.

I agree with last two posts but Summit HS players do get recruited well because college coaches know that they have been well coached and are system type kids and all colleges players must play within a system. That said, I detest zones and think they are not good to prepare kids for college despite the success Summit has with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with last two posts but Summit HS players do get recruited well because college coaches know that they have been well coached and are system type kids and all colleges players must play within a system. That said, I detest zones and think they are not good to prepare kids for college despite the success Summit has with it.

I also agree with the last two posts in regards to Summit. I do not know all the names but I believe the poster is correct that there is not an abundance of kids making playing D1. Disclaimer: I do not have the numbers so I am not sure, their just not known names on the travel circuit; but they do have a sophomore who will probably be high level D1.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard